Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 8, 2013 9:51 AM

Mar 2013
Kari-chan said:
Hmm, it's be nice if they adapted Vassalord ouo

Dude, it has an OVA: http://myanimelist.net/anime/15933/Vassalord.
Oct 11, 2013 2:09 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
straggy said:

Dude, it has an OVA: http://myanimelist.net/anime/15933/Vassalord.

Wow, an OVA made just to advertise it, with no explanations or anything really...

Just like the Angel Feathers OVA and other 1-2 episode OVA's... I'd rather a full 12 or 24 episode instead of just a crappy OVA

Oct 11, 2013 1:51 PM

Jun 2011
Three reasons in no particular order.
1. Let's be honest, the character design is awesome. And yeah, this is a reason.
2. This is the first time I see in a reverse harem a heroine who actually tries to stand up for herself. Even though it doesn't help her much, it's better that a stupid heroine who'll be like "Yeah... you can suck my blood."
3. Curios as how they'll try to imply the story line. I know the games and the drama CD's so I'm particular curious how they'll manage to do this.
Oct 11, 2013 7:04 PM

Nov 2011
I'm watching it because another female friend of mine and I were nominated to watch it every week and give live voice commentary. (And then we follow it up with the first episode of a random ecchi harem neither of us have seen.)

We were nominated to watch it because we're both feminists and everyone knew this would be sexist, so they thought it would be funny to make us watch and comment on it.
Oct 12, 2013 7:38 PM

Jul 2012
Cookiesor said:
Three reasons in no particular order.
1. Let's be honest, the character design is awesome. And yeah, this is a reason.
2. This is the first time I see in a reverse harem a heroine who actually tries to stand up for herself. Even though it doesn't help her much, it's better that a stupid heroine who'll be like "Yeah... you can suck my blood."
3. Curios as how they'll try to imply the story line. I know the games and the drama CD's so I'm particular curious how they'll manage to do this.

Pretty true
Oct 13, 2013 10:28 AM
Oct 2012
unique as hell. actually quite humorous like watching old horror movies.
Oct 14, 2013 4:42 AM
Oct 2007
I keep watching to see how bad it can get before I drop it. You have all the bad shoujo types like glasses dude, the dick, I don't care guy, the joker, the child, and the as yet to be introduced biploar guy. I think the author of Twilight is secretly a shoujo anime watcher
Oct 15, 2013 12:03 AM

Apr 2011
I feel its unique has a brothers conflict feel to it which got me into the show and now im enjoying it.
Oct 15, 2013 1:01 AM

Aug 2011
Ratohnhaketon said:
I get to laugh my hardest 15 minutes per week, if that's not reason enough I don't know what is.

I think you mean 'get creeped out' but laugh is good too.
Oct 15, 2013 5:21 PM

Jul 2009
parfaited said:
How am I going to watch all teh anime in the universe if I keep on dropping stuff all the time hmmm??

Calumz said:
i want a yaoi vampire anime is that 2 much to ask

We all do Calumz. We all do.

^ this. omg yes. YES PLZZZZZZZZ
Oct 15, 2013 6:49 PM

Jul 2012
chris5462 said:
I feel its unique has a brothers conflict feel to it which got me into the show and now im enjoying it.

Are you serious? Because, I've watched BroCon and this show is definitely not like BroCon at all.
Oct 16, 2013 9:31 AM

Feb 2010
Calumz said:
you secretly like it and cant stop watching it even tho you think its wrong? ;p;

im just waiting to see if she finally snaps and burns the entire place to the ground there's enough candles to do it to :P
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 16, 2013 7:07 PM

Jul 2012
hazerddex said:
im just waiting to see if she finally snaps and burns the entire place to the ground there's enough candles to do it to :P

I'd actually like to see that!
Oct 16, 2013 11:04 PM
Nov 2012
Lupta said:
hoping that the girl would come out badass, and go vampire slayer on em all

Me too. After watching the first three episodes one evening, I realized that wasn't going to happen and this was lame. This thing is awful. Bailed.
Oct 17, 2013 11:39 AM
Oct 2013
It gets me frustate how all goes on. Like, she should stand for herself more.And I don't even know why I'm watching it, to be true I really like how all of them are handsome haha, but I really dislike the fact that the anime suggest so much rape and abuse. (I'm sorry if I wrote something wrong 'cause English is not my native language. Ha)
Oct 17, 2013 7:44 PM

Sep 2012
Hoping it will still turn out good.
Oct 18, 2013 7:43 PM

Jul 2013
Because this strangely interests me. Also, it's just because I'm bored.

Neo Land has some new inhabitants: the MECHsicans!
Oct 19, 2013 2:56 AM

Jul 2008
i think it good ^_^ , and i'm a guy and i hate beshunen
but good anime is good
Oct 19, 2013 4:09 AM

May 2010
I watch new episodes, hoping that Yui get justified treatment this week but all I'm able to do every week is "facepalm". She is the sweetest and the only sane character in this anime, but the treatment she gets is overboard and stupid; no one should be treated like that. (I just want Yui to go yandere and kill all of them or something; those pampered kiddos only deserve one thing i.e. death...) < Kidding, but I wouldn't really mind this one at all... I just want her to kick some ass.

In short, I want it to turn good as I am a big romance fan.
Oct 21, 2013 8:31 AM

Apr 2011
Because they need a reason to live.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Oct 21, 2013 2:26 PM

Apr 2013
Watched because I was sure this was going to be an anime that treats vampires well. Unfortunately, I got Twilight-vibes all over the place from the first episode. Just replace sparkles with rapey undertones. Only reason I'm continuing to watch is because episodes are about 15 minutes long, and the art at least looks pretty.

hazerddex said:

Or it could have a School Days ending, but even that's too sadistic for this anime, because it would mean it deserved such recognition.
Oct 21, 2013 2:37 PM

Jun 2012
I love it when people watch Ecchi anime then complain that there is ecchi in an Ecchi genre anime. If you don't like it, they why in god's name do you knowing watch something you don't like then you try to get it banned or censored just because you don't like it. Come on, you're ruining it for the people who actually like it. If you don't like it then don't watch it. It's simple. ><
Oct 21, 2013 3:09 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Its a terrible show. I continue to watch it though for a few reasons. Its shorter than a standard show, so it takes up less time. I don't like dropping shows anyway. Its on crunchyroll, so every new episode is right there in front of my face. I tend to watch all the crunchyroll shows due to convenience. I do like the art at least.
Oct 21, 2013 3:13 PM

Apr 2007
Even if it is terrible, it's only 15 minutes an episode for 12 episodes. So... all-in-all a little longer and slightly more entertaining than your standard root canal. I've dropped it, personally, but I can think of worse things to spend my time on. And some people just have that 'once I've started, NO DROPPING' mentality.
Oct 21, 2013 3:22 PM

Jul 2012
Czechbiohazard said:
I love it when people watch Ecchi anime then complain that there is ecchi in an Ecchi genre anime.

...But it doesn't have Ecchi in the genres?
Oct 21, 2013 4:23 PM

Apr 2013
mayukachan said:
Czechbiohazard said:
I love it when people watch Ecchi anime then complain that there is ecchi in an Ecchi genre anime.

...But it doesn't have Ecchi in the genres?

They're not talking about this anime in particular, just the irony of people complaining about things that make a genre the way it is. They make a good point, if you don't like it, why are you watching it? You can complain about why you don't like it, but your complaints may be silly or invalid if you know what's in it from the start. Complaining about there being big, bouncy boobs in an ecchi comes off as laughable because it's advertised as such.

Now if it wasn't advertised as such and there were big, bouncy boobs for no apparent reason, that same argument may not get as much smack talk depending on the show. I felt Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation wasn't properly advertised to those who didn't know what it was about--unless it was, but I just know from what I saw on the poster here and thought the synopsis hinted at Magical Girl. *shrugs* So while the fans of the games probably didn't have an issue (due to it being in the original source material to begin with), there may be some who didn't know about the games who did have issues with the large amount of fanservice that were borderline-ecchi (in my opinion). I personally fell into the latter category here as that was what I didn't like about the anime next to the fact I felt it was pretty bland and the characters weren't that likeable to me.

But that's an entirely different argument/tangent. This is a Diabolik Lovers forum discussion, not Neptune.

I could swear Diabolik Lovers had "romance" as a genre earlier here, but it's gone now. Might as well, there's really nothing romantic about it. Though why "shoujo"? Feels more like a "josei" to me, but looking it up more online, it apparently is made for the female audience in general... which shouldn't surprise me since it feels like it caters to the Twilight fangirls. Which is a bit frightening, to be frank...
Lil-BirdOct 21, 2013 4:38 PM
Nov 8, 2013 5:57 AM

Apr 2009
Mormegil said:
I'm watching it because it's teaching me how to pick up women.

Best reason to keep watching. LOL
Nov 8, 2013 6:34 AM
Mar 2013
I don't particularly hate this anime, but for ones that I do I still watch them.

I don't like passing judgment on an anime without having seen all the episodes first.

That's part of the reason why I never drop an anime, at worst I'll leave it on hold until I get motivated enough to watch the rest of it.
Nov 8, 2013 11:07 AM

Sep 2013
That's the easiest question ever. It's so I can beat this thing to the ground, mercilessly with a baseball bat, when I review the still-living (Must torture it while on the ground) piece of shizzle that it is. Then I'll just leave it to die... It deserves it.

Though I can get a good laugh of how terrible this is, like "Yui's daily dose of rape" or some jokes I've been making while watching the show. Because LOL She was totally sent there to receive her daily dose of rape because she had some mortal disease, but she didn't know anything about it so she still thinks there's a mystery to this.
Nov 13, 2013 4:33 AM

May 2009
The eternal optimist in me is taking a beating.

This is one of those times that I wish I wasn't a completist.

So far I've had more fun watching Kakugo no Susume. Actually, if I am forced to rewatch DL or Kakugo no Susume; I wouldn't touch this one.

Here's hoping, the anime ending will redeem itself somehow and prove me awfully wrong.

Please prove me wrong, DL.
Nov 19, 2013 7:20 AM

Aug 2013
My two reasons:

* Because it's like a bad car accident. You don't want to look, but you do anyway.

* Because I'm bored and have no life

Mormegil said:

This is way funnier than it should be! LOL!
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Nov 21, 2013 8:14 PM
Jul 2011
to LMAO .. come on it's so bad that it's funny .. pretty ironic
Nov 21, 2013 8:16 PM

Jun 2013
They're masochists.
Xinil said:
Thanks for joining MAL.

Nov 21, 2013 10:29 PM

Apr 2011
It's only 15mins of my life each week.
I will admit that I do like when they nom on her. It's kinda hot >///<
Everything else is stupid though.

After re-cap episode 6 though, i haven't gotten back into watching it.....yet. Meh.
Nov 23, 2013 10:25 AM

Sep 2008
I am waiting to see if anything good happens? I have a small amount of hope left....I am too far to stop now. The art of the anime is amazing as well. I am impatient...xD
Nov 23, 2013 10:27 AM

Sep 2008
waterfallsxo said:
My two reasons:

* Because it's like a bad car accident. You don't want to look, but you do anyway.

* Because I'm bored and have no life

Mormegil said:

This is way funnier than it should be! LOL!

What this person said.
Nov 24, 2013 11:17 AM

Apr 2013
Because I want to see if the show gets better. If it does, it might change my rating from a 1-> 3
Nov 25, 2013 2:24 PM
Aug 2012
Because I want to see how bad it will get. I have an obligation, too, to one of my buddies where we have a drinking game.
Nov 25, 2013 6:48 PM

Oct 2010
Hoping to see it get better, in this case, just some questions being answered.
It gets boring after a while the so called handsome guys are all acting cool, and says stupid nicknames and ranting how her blood is awesome. Very flat.

waterfallsxo said:

^
Nov 25, 2013 7:06 PM

Jul 2010
Wow the reasons people have
I love it
Dec 23, 2013 4:31 AM

Jun 2012
Mormegil said:

lol let's just all agree on this.

Dec 23, 2013 10:09 AM
Jan 2013
I know all if you like Diabolik lovers but you just act like u hate it because it's reverse harem. If you really hate diabolik lovers then i think you have already drop it.
Dec 25, 2013 12:42 PM

Jul 2012
Frost_Kiss said:
I know all if you like Diabolik lovers but you just act like u hate it because it's reverse harem.

I love reverse harem (even if I rate it 6/10) but the DiaLovers male cast was not very attractive. Only one or two of them peaked my interests.
Dec 25, 2013 12:48 PM

Nov 2013
I'm a fan of Diabolik Lovers. Don't get me wrong; I love the game, but the anime version of it wasn't so good as I predicted it to be.

The reason why people who don't like this and still watch this anime probably have the same reason as I when I watched School Days: they want to see if it's that bad, maybe it could get better, or is it going to be even worse episode by episode.
Dec 25, 2013 12:51 PM

Jul 2012
I droped it after 1 ep. I would only continue to watch it because it's so bad that it becomes enjoyable
Mar 22, 2014 2:01 PM

Aug 2013
monster_killer said:
It's just an anime, when people watch Shingeki no Kyojin are they fulfilling their Giant Man Eating Fantasies? Ofcourse not. People just overreact.

You can't compare apples with pears.
While SnK had amazing Sakuga (I mean really f*cking amazing animations), one of the most epic Soundtrack and OST we've heard in year 2013 and an actual, event-driven storyline, Diabolik Lovers had pretty art but that's all, mate. The story was the usual otome game crap with an open ending, just with the vampire tone, and pretty art doesn't mean animation because all they ever did was basically standing, sitting or sleeping. The characters were so flat and cliched it almost hurt to watch it through the end.
Also I think the gore factor in both animes aren't quite the same. It's a vampire themed anime, yep sure they bite her all over her body but it's not like they're tearing and eating her limbs apart.
MylamxMar 22, 2014 3:14 PM
Apr 21, 2014 8:15 AM
Dec 2013
If it wasn't for Shuu I would've dropped that atrocious show.
Apr 30, 2014 3:51 AM
Jan 2014
I'm a masochist.

Actually, I'm really not disgusted, per se. There's just no emotion for me, which is actually worse than feeling amusement, lust, disgust, etc. I'm finishing it just because.
moving on.
May 3, 2014 4:14 PM
Dec 2013
I'm not sure. I personally love the anime. Last one I hated, I didn't go around and flame it or insulted it. I didn't even write a bad review, but maybe now I will. I simply left. I don't know why people don't just leave this one.
May 30, 2021 11:03 PM
Dec 2017
because we're masochists taking part in commiting self harm for our own pleasure.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2013

129 by Ilookgood »»
Apr 21, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2013

230 by WifuSimulator666 »»
Mar 21, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2013

191 by oniichantaihei »»
Dec 19, 2023 10:37 AM

Poll: » Diabolik Lovers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2013

162 by Starlight2003 »»
Dec 1, 2023 2:46 PM

» Plot?

sharkbay - Jul 19, 2021

10 by Utahime__ »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.