Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 28, 2013 11:41 PM

Jan 2011
Always liked Rozen Maiden. With it comes excitement as well as periods of boredom for lack of a better word. Maybe better said would be expected highs and lows. I did enjoy this installment a little more than the previous ones and feel it left off with me wanting more. I do hope a new season is made at some point in the near future following this ending.

7/10
Sep 29, 2013 1:13 AM
Sep 2007
I think the DVD/blu ray sales speak for itself.

I'm a fan of the Rozen maiden anime franchise. I don't read the manga so I evaluate purely on the anime's merit. Traumend's my favourite, followed by Ouverture then the original 2004 and lastly in this 2013 show. This ranking mirrors the Rozen Maiden sales and also the ratings for the Rozen maiden series on myanimelist. I don't think that's a coincidence.
Sep 29, 2013 1:38 AM

Oct 2011
boku said:
mangamuscle said:
I disagree, my love of the original anime made me read the manga, but seems to me the authors do not what do next, seems like the plot is walking in circles, there is no sense of advancement at any level. I do not mean to say only peach-pit has this problem, plenty of other mangaka seems to do page after page that does not advance neither the plot nor the characters without being an slice of life nor a 4koma.

Just putting it out that the current arc of the manga is at is probably the last, and I have reasons to suspect so.
Heavy spoilers, even for manga readers, since the English scanslations are far behind the chapters that are already out in Japan.

well said my friend i know exactly what you mean, i haven't read the manga and even then i feel like the story is walking around in circles
wakka9ca said:"The endless debate between fans and haters... is totaly pointless"

Sep 29, 2013 2:10 AM

Sep 2011
that was such an enjoyable show.
i like it more than the previous seasons
definitely felt like a start of a new arc it wouldnt be wrong if this show was a 2-cour

love love love love love the music both the themes and ost

i'd love the show more if they'd just leave college Jun alone; he's starting to get a good life
Sep 29, 2013 3:30 AM

Apr 2009
"It wasn't a dream, after all."

Massive reversal of fortunes for Jun and the store manager at work. Karma? Maybe. I laughed hard when he began to start kissing up to Jun's ass because it's implied that he could become the new store manager. No romantic progress for Jun and Saitou (first name still unknown) but at least they got closer as friendly colleagues at work.

Seems I was partially correct about Kirakishou not being finished yet. Testament to her incredible resiliency despite not even having a physical form. I really like how Souseiseki continues to fondly refer to adult Jun as her master. No Suigintou for the last episode? :(

Instead of wrapping things up the story moves on from an epilogue-like portion to a prologue-like sequence for a potential sequel. It's far from over, basically. I for one wouldn't mind seeing this series continue further. Not bad, Studio DEEN. It was quite enjoyable.

*sips tea*
Sep 29, 2013 4:10 AM

Apr 2013
That was nice for sure...aaa I wish it will have a second season. I mean we came across a cliffhanger!!! we need a new season :D I WANT MORE DESU!
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Sep 29, 2013 4:18 AM
Oct 2010
whaaaaat i didnt expect a season finale --; they skipped all the good parts with tomoe and meg --; also doesnt make sense that he questions if it could have been a dream, i mean in the manga weeks have passed before he reflects on this, but in this episode its like the next day or so... really weird. it makes adult jun look more important to the dolls than he really is. in the manga i was suspicious of him making more dolls and actually helping kirakishou... but we lost that plot depth since they rushed the finale --; looking forward to more episodes though.
Sep 29, 2013 5:20 AM

Feb 2013
I definitely enjoyed this, hoping for season 2.
Sep 29, 2013 7:13 AM
Oct 2007
Nice show. One of the better non endings I have seen lately. I gave it a 8/10, might have been higher except for the lack of desu through most of the show
Sep 29, 2013 11:20 AM

Oct 2011
So happy Unwound Jun life is getting better. I still hate his manager > ; 0

WHOA!!!!?? Kirakishou is back and has a body!!! She takes Mitsu and put Wound Jun into a comatose state? Shinku and gang ask Unwound Jun's help. That makes his 4th place that needs him. Cliffhanger : 0

Next Season Please!!!!
Sep 29, 2013 12:04 PM

Feb 2011
Hory sheet, RM Epi 13 just caught up with the manga's current arc.

This.

That second half of episode is kinda rushing if you read the Manga.
"To some, online is more important than seeing friends, eating and even breathing."

<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kuruta_tribe&sclick=1">

Sep 30, 2013 5:53 AM

May 2013
Jun goes back to his normal life, but it's a whole lot better.
But then Kirakishou gains a new body, steals Mitsu, and puts Wound Jun into long-term sleep.

Jun X Saitou!!
Wound Jun X Tomoe!!

The scene with Shinku and a cat was pretty cute.

That video call scene was funny and awesome.
Jun finally meets Tomoe.
The dolls need Jun's help. And he's willing to.

I can sense a second season. I hope there is one. But for now, I'll read the manga!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Oct 1, 2013 7:15 AM

May 2010
I hope they will continue the story otherwise I will be really upset
Oct 1, 2013 4:45 PM

Jul 2008
I really don't know how I feel about this series.

The story was much better than the first two anime series. And once I learned that so much of those first anime was original story (like Suigintou's origin story in Overture), it made me dislike the old series a lot. The animation was also stunning.

I related to Unwound Jun a lot more than Wound Jun, so this arc was really enjoyable. But all the Alice Game stuff didn't accomplish anything, and I don't even really understand the existence or meaning of Laplace no Ma or the N-field (and even the fact that there are different worlds). I can buy the Rozen Maiden being /supernatural/ dolls in that they can talk, move, feel, think, and are fighting to win the Alice Game, but adding in all the other magic mumbo jumbo just makes it all so convoluted.

The cliffhanger ending is kind of annoying too. Someone said it caught up to the current manga arc. So that means that even if we are to someday see a Rozen Maiden anime adapting it, we have to wait for more material. They should have just drawn out the episode and given a "happy end", at least temporarily.

But regardless, I did really enjoy this series, and I do hope to see more adaptions of Rozen Maiden in the future.
Oct 1, 2013 6:48 PM

Nov 2007
GarLogan78 said:
Someone said it caught up to the current manga arc. So that means that even if we are to someday see a Rozen Maiden anime adapting it, we have to wait for more material. They should have just drawn out the episode and given a "happy end", at least temporarily.

The last half of this episode only covered the premise of the current arc. IMO, there's enough material for at least another 13 episodes, since this arc is pretty long.
Oct 1, 2013 8:04 PM

Sep 2012
boku said:
GarLogan78 said:
Someone said it caught up to the current manga arc. So that means that even if we are to someday see a Rozen Maiden anime adapting it, we have to wait for more material. They should have just drawn out the episode and given a "happy end", at least temporarily.

The last half of this episode only covered the premise of the current arc. IMO, there's enough material for at least another 13 episodes, since this arc is pretty long.
They adapted 4 books worth in this season, then quickly did 3 books in this episode but there are 3 more books worth to do even if they do not backtrack and do some of the 3 books they skipped mostly. There is enough for another season or will be very soon if they finish the current arc first.
Oct 1, 2013 8:19 PM

Dec 2010
I was expecting more action, but it was still cool!. -kashira
:)
Oct 1, 2013 10:10 PM

Jul 2008
hpulley said:
boku said:
GarLogan78 said:

They adapted 4 books worth in this season, then quickly did 3 books in this episode but there are 3 more books worth to do even if they do not backtrack and do some of the 3 books they skipped mostly. There is enough for another season or will be very soon if they finish the current arc first.

Good to know!
Oct 2, 2013 3:37 AM

Mar 2012
GarLogan78 said:
hpulley said:
boku said:
GarLogan78 said:

Good to know!
AS i said earlier once the current Manga arc finishes i think they would continue the series.
Oct 2, 2013 10:25 AM

Sep 2010
It's over when it's finally getting interesting.... This whole series seems like a prologue to the real deal....

Final Episode - 3/5
Series - 6/10
Oct 2, 2013 10:54 AM

Jun 2013
Fireego said:
Jun goes back to his normal life, but it's a whole lot better.
But then Kirakishou gains a new body, steals Mitsu, and puts Wound Jun into long-term sleep.

Jun X Saitou!!
Wound Jun X Tomoe!!

The scene with Shinku and a cat was pretty cute.

That video call scene was funny and awesome.
Jun finally meets Tomoe.
The dolls need Jun's help. And he's willing to.

I can sense a second season. I hope there is one. But for now, I'll read the manga!

I agree those are the likely pairs, but I got the feeling both Juns would chose Shinku if she wasn't a doll

also I felt bad for Kira, the way he kind of just discarded her, sure she was twisted but honestly Sugintou at her worst was about just as bad, and he didnt even reject her in a nice way, he is just like I dont need you, this to the doll that could not even get a body
Oct 2, 2013 3:40 PM

Jun 2009
Easily the best season of Rozen Maiden so far.

Classy, thought provoking as always.

DEEN did a really good job handling this series, I'll be more than happy to see them do another season or 2 if they keep this up.

7/10, 1 up from all previous season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2013 3:45 PM

Jul 2008
twonline said:
It's over when it's finally getting interesting.... This whole series seems like a prologue to the real deal....

It is kind of funny since episode one was a recap of the entire first manga series, which served a prologue to this arc, which is like a set up for the next arc. Never ends I guess.
Oct 2, 2013 7:45 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty cool ending, though the first half went by really slowly, since it was so uneventful. . ., and wait, where's Suigintou, my favorite doll!?
, and by the end, Jun and Saito still look so much like a couple yet they haven't gotten anywhere xD

Great series, possibly one of my favorites for the season. I really hope for a second season. It's cool how Young Jun helped University Jun, and now it is about to reverse. And especially what Jun said about Kirakishou feeling the same way he did, all alone, alienated. That is something I had not realized until he said it, so maybe it will end differently next time.
So, a solid 8/10, may raise if another season comes out to finish it (similar to how I treated Hakkenden).

Oct 5, 2013 9:14 AM
May 2012
I watched the original Rozen Maiden around 7 years ago, but wasn't able to watch Traumend. Still, i gave this show a try and it seems like it was different from the two shows.

This one though, is much darker than the other two. I would describe it like The Grimm Brother's version due to it's dark nature though there are only a few similarities in the story compared to the old ones.

Still, great series, i really enjoyed this.

9/10.
Oct 5, 2013 11:42 AM

Sep 2012
Traumend is on Crunchyroll right now!
Oct 5, 2013 4:49 PM
Jul 2011
they should make an anime focused entirely on suigintou and megu!
Oct 5, 2013 6:32 PM
Jul 2013
This might be unrelated (or my scaredy cat-ness) but what happened to the prop doll that Kirakisho took into the N-Field? (Did not finish the rest of the episode, too nervous to finish).
Oct 5, 2013 11:37 PM

Jan 2011
I wonder if they're planning on another season after this?

That is if there's enough material from the manga.
Oct 6, 2013 12:24 AM

Oct 2009
catstache678 said:
This might be unrelated (or my scaredy cat-ness) but what happened to the prop doll that Kirakisho took into the N-Field? (Did not finish the rest of the episode, too nervous to finish).

Nothing. They did not show us anything, but it is safe to assume that Kira took it as temporary vessel.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Oct 6, 2013 4:31 PM

Jul 2009
8/10
Too bad is over, it was really good, one of my fave animes from last season. Hope there's a second season.
Oct 7, 2013 6:06 PM

Jul 2008
I have a question (a little late).

Why did Kirakishou need Jun to create a body for her out of Sousouseki's parts? Didn't she "eat" HinaIchigo so she could take her body as a vessel? Why isn't she just using HinaIchigo's body?
Oct 7, 2013 6:09 PM

Nov 2007
GarLogan78 said:
I have a question (a little late).

Why did Kirakishou need Jun to create a body for her out of Sousouseki's parts? Didn't she "eat" HinaIchigo so she could take her body as a vessel? Why isn't she just using HinaIchigo's body?

She wasn't satisfied with just Hina's body. She wanted all the dolls' bodies.
Oct 13, 2013 12:22 AM

Aug 2013
Well everything went fine for the old Jun, im glad.
The one who wounded the key not so much! Is there going to be a 2 season?
It has a nice season, but i feel like there is not much to take if ronzen maiden is going to continue, it will lost is power e atraction.
Oct 25, 2013 5:15 PM

Jan 2011
Quite a bit late since I somehow sort of forgot about this show.
I'm missing something serious like this in the current season.
This was a nice watch but the second season really has to explain stuff or it'll be really durpy.

7/10 for now I guess.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 15, 2013 6:45 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

This episode is a reassurance, but also a worm. I hope it will not take so much as this series license plate 2013! ^ _ ^
I admit again, though sad, this series deserves infinitely in all, I miss not knowing what would happen potutto after the second season of Träumend, but the new plot turned out to be so interesting to want to put a lid on and continue with the new and I hope to bring us to the end! Not a single season but must give me two more seasons! * _ *
Too bad there is not an image of the card ending without written overlay! D:

If anyone knows where to get it if he wants to pass me the link on my personal page here on MAL, I would be grateful! ;)

My final grade for now is 7/10!
Dec 15, 2013 7:22 AM

Sep 2012
You get clean end card hard copied with the limited edition blurays, well worth getting them for the show alone but the cards are a nice bonus too. Volume five out this week with more cards! Can't wait...
Dec 26, 2013 8:09 PM
Jul 2018
sorry ,I do not speak English well

Rosen was surprised would do again…

It was a drawing generally beautiful…

It was cute Kira Kisho throughout

Limited figure of Rozen Maiden came out in Japan recently.
Dec 30, 2013 7:01 AM
Jun 2013
Definitely one of the best series of 2013 :)!

I haven't read the manga nor have a watched any of the previous series but luckily that wasn't necessary anyway. I understood most of what was going on by the end.

Shinku was brilliant! Although the other dolls were equally fascinating in their own rights.

Biggest issue for me were the many questions that were left unanswered, as well as the cliffhanger that ensued.

That being said, I'd love a second season, which's future is doubtful at best. This series didn't get the attention it deserves. But one never knows. As far as I know the original series wasn't especially successful either but here we are.
Jan 22, 2014 12:22 AM

Mar 2013
Hoping for S2 of this seriously Rozen Maiden the best :)
Feb 7, 2014 4:31 AM

Aug 2012
OMG ~ There will definitely be a season 2 !! xDD

I really like the older Jun. I don't really like the younger Jun. ><
The second half feels like a preview to season 2....
I can't believe it haven't end ..
I hope Hanaichigo will be back the next season..
And Suigintou is back with Megu...
And that youngest doll will die...
And Souseiseki get to keep her body...
And older Jun get to be with Saito...

So many things are not settled yet !!! GAH !!!
Feb 7, 2014 4:47 AM

Sep 2012
Kathrynkaren said:
OMG ~ There will definitely be a season 2 !! xDD...
What makes you say that? The episode may have implied it but sales were poor.

However, I just got the game but I think the new PS Vita game may contain the whole story. It is fun as you can pay both the Wound and Unwound Jun's stories.
Apr 22, 2014 7:14 PM

Aug 2011
This was even worst than the previous seasons. I think I should stay away from this franchise.

» Escapism.

Oct 13, 2014 3:12 AM

Feb 2013
It looks like things ended well for not-wound Jun. Also the manager was tolerable thjis episode too. I also found it super creepy the way Kirakishou's vines were pulling that doll away. Love how Shinku was afraid of the cat during her tea party. She's so cute!

"Don't forget me." - Shinku

Aww. How can I?! You slap everyone who wakes you up!

What that's how it ends!? Kirakishou is obviously still alive and we don't know what happened to Megu or Mitsu( Kanaria's medium) They left it totally open as if a second season was on its way. Which I would totally watch.

This alternative version of Rozen Maiden felt like a third season than a alternative version.

I think I'm gonna read the manga from beginning to end. I don't think it's gonna get a another season but I hope it does.

I really enjoyed the series. Grat episode besides the ending. There better be another season!
Jul 25, 2015 12:18 PM

Feb 2014
I was kinda hoping that the manager would have been fired, but whatever.

Nawww Shinku left a note in the picture book! And the video call was so adorable!

This episode ended kinda weirdly though. A problem is introduced but all we see is Jun jumping into the wound world.

So I'd give this a 6-7/10. Wasn't bad but the original Rozen Maiden was waaaaaay better. This felt like a totally different show, with all the world jumping. The Alice game played a very minor role...which is kinda weird because it was the driving force of the series. Also, this season has an action tag but this isn't an action show. It was also pretty hard to get into this. At least it wasn't terrible, though. Fun to see most of the characters again!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2015 5:21 AM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
Noodle070 said:
I was kinda hoping that the manager would have been fired, but whatever.

Who didn't want that to happen? I mean, the guy was a major dick. Not to mention ugly...

I enjoyed the anime overall. And pretty glad it came back with such beautiful art work. As to be expected of Peach-Pit's works. I do hope we get maybe a sequel since it ended with a cliffhanger. The animation is so much better than the original to imo.
Oct 8, 2015 5:57 PM

Apr 2014
Somehow I want Jun to at least punch that annoying store manager.
I kind of feel sorry for Kirakishou...did not have a body and even Jun abandon her T_T
I know she is evil, but I can't help but feel sorry for her.
Suiseiseki is still my favorite Rozen Maiden.
8/10 Want another season!
P.S Love this art, so good.
Nov 8, 2015 3:11 AM
Nov 2015
Just finished reading tales, and i have a few questions occured. Did Jun from not-wind world became Kirakishou's master? How has she been awaken? Is it because the "wind" jun appeared? The phrase on 24-th page "How do you do, master? We meet again. And just for a while, i'll be going." Was it meant, that she will return back to adult jun shortly, after helping his childish form with creation of the new rose, or, that she will be staying in awaken form only during their adventure to recreat Shinku? If the last one, does it mean that she will fall asleep again, as they succeed in their journey and she will be returned to the not-wind jun, or, she will be still awaken, after being waken up once? Pls, gib your thoughts.
Nov 17, 2015 9:00 PM

Mar 2014
I really enjoyed Zurückspulen, and I look forward to a new season... if that'll ever happen. I hope it happens.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Jun 25, 2016 12:42 PM

Aug 2013
Well, I certainly enjoyed this more serious version of Rozen Maiden. Jun is a dick for treating Kirakishou like that though. I guess I'll check out manga since im a bit curious about what is going to happen next.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2013

219 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 5, 9:50 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

71 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Sep 27, 2021 11:42 AM

» How many chapters did they adapt

Barry_Allen_14 - Aug 17, 2021

0 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Aug 17, 2021 7:21 AM

» Is this a standalone series?

Shahjoo - Jul 4, 2013

49 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Dec 23, 2020 11:35 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

51 by deltablu »»
Sep 5, 2019 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.