Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2013 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow Issei is PISSED not that I blame him.

I was actually looking forward to his fight against Vali. Fucking intense: http://i.imgur.com/QjDQBta.png
Well that was something. I guess this concludes the season then. I wonder if there will be a season 3 in the future~

Azazael is a pretty cool guy imo. LOL, wtf is with this arm. It fires like a rocket.
Sep 22, 2013 4:54 AM

Nov 2007
He and bucho are back with Gasper, who cannot bear not being useful and undid the time stop. That lady's face became ugly before being defeated by the leader of fallen angel. That another dragon... Half of demon (previous king's grandson) and human. The two dragons fight and the guy even over boosted to change form. lol @ always his turn with oppai until that Son Goku incarnation guy came and sent that dragon back home. Those girls from angel side (including previously) are being friends now and lol @ getting damage when prayer. After that, that fallen angel ojisan became the teacher of the club. All of the girls are living with the guy, commended by the demon king.
tsubasaloverSep 22, 2013 5:04 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 22, 2013 5:35 AM

Dec 2012
Those eyecatches, indeed catched my eyes xD
Well, I guess this was it, I'm pretty sure we'll get to see a S3, it's just a matter of when..
I felt like this episode was a little fast paced somehow.

Boosting was over 9000 this time, LOL.
So the girls eventually moved into the Hyoudou residence, Issei is the luckiest man on earth.
FiliaaSep 22, 2013 5:47 AM
Sep 22, 2013 6:41 AM

Dec 2012
Azazel, complete badass this episode as normal :P

Same with Issei

Now to hope for a season 3 :D
Sep 22, 2013 7:23 AM

Mar 2013
NOOOOOOOOO IT'S OVER...

Oh well.

Azazel shows why he's one of the best characters in DXD and a total badass, just a shame they skimped on his Down Fall Dragon Spear fight.

Frist mention of Ophis and the Khaos Brigade.

Issei steals part of Valli's power and can now use Divine Dividing.

I loved this show it was far more entertaining than the frist season, just have to pray for a 24 episode season to cover the next few volumes because they're epic.

So 10/10 from me.

Sep 22, 2013 7:38 AM

Dec 2012
Newhopes said:
NOOOOOOOOO IT'S OVER...

Oh well.

Azazel shows why he's one of the best characters in DXD and a total badass, just a shame they skimped on his Down Fall Dragon Spear fight.

Frist mention of Ophis and the Khaos Brigade.

Issei steals part of Valli's power and can now use Divine Dividing.

I loved this show it was far more entertaining than the frist season, just have to pray for a 24 episode season to cover the next few volumes because they're epic.

So 10/10 from me.

I don't think season 3 will be 24 episodes as volumes 5 and 6 end the second arc, so if anything, a 24 episode season wouldn't be until season 4, if it gets that far anyway D:
Sep 22, 2013 8:18 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, this episode went out with a bang! Finally get to see Bikou. Azazel is now the advisor of the club. Issei should of taken Azazel's offer on the virginity-graduation tour.
I really hope it continues and we get a season 3. Azazel and Issei are the perfect team. I hope we get a little more than 12 episodes next time just to spread things out a little.

Stuff to expect in season 3
-Dizzy-Sep 22, 2013 8:29 AM
Sep 22, 2013 8:21 AM
Jul 2013
That was just great! Azazel sacrifices his arm and his balance breaker, oh my oh my. The ost is the background was so good, I wish there was a site or something you can know what ost each anime has. :S Just great episode. My final rating for this anime is 10/10 and I think this season was better than last.

Season 3 huh? Let's all wait for it.
10makunnSep 22, 2013 6:11 PM
Sep 22, 2013 8:50 AM

Feb 2012
Oh how much I love this show...if you enjoy the anime read the LN's they are so much better!

And I definitely believe that there will be a season 3...but I have a feeling there will be an OVA similar to what they did between seasons 1 and 2 (which the pool OVA was a chapter in one of the LN's).

Can't wait for this series to keep being animated they have so much material to work off of! Although I wonder if they will make a season with 20+ episodes
Sep 22, 2013 9:47 AM

May 2012
Azazel using balance Breaker and becoming a golden dragon was kick ass. Issei and Vali was going at it. Dragon vs Dragon out there. Then the battle got ended by Bikou which sucked. But never the less still a kick ass battle. Somehow Azazel became the new teacher for the research club, and got a new arm. That looks like it can do anything. I feel so happy for Issei. All the girls are now living with him. He keeps getting closer and closer to his harem dream. Oh and lets not forget those eye catchers. Rais and Grayfia are perfect. Overall great last episode imo. Hope we see a season three soon. I cant wait.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t546/Antearion/Highschool_zps96145a57.png
Sep 22, 2013 10:39 AM

Aug 2010
Ophis said:

Stuff to expect in season 3

Anyway brilliant ep. Loved this season a lot and nxt season (Plz come soon >_<!!) Will be even better!!!

Loved Ise vs Vali. That was totally BA! And Ise getting angry at those stuff XD
(Dividing Rias's Oppai XD)

His punches for every girl's oppai one after another was awesome too :D
Nice Fanservice there hehe...Koneko-chan's loli oppai FTW!! <3

Nice seeing Azazel's BB and Bikou makes an appearance too ^^

And at the end ofc...Lucky Bastard with all of them living with him from now on hehe. And Azazel becoming their supervisor :D

PLZ S3 come soon!!!
Barion-ZaraSep 22, 2013 11:19 AM
Sep 22, 2013 11:05 AM

Aug 2013
Before anything and everything, at Ishibumi himself's request...

PANTSU DRAGON ARMOUR!!!!

That was an extremely fast-paced episode and I loved it! It's nice to have an episode like this that is very fast-paced and entertaining, and I didn't mind it (the episode being so fast-paced) one bit; I think it made it even more exciting, addictive and enjoyable honestly.

Azazel's artificial Sacred Gear was badass. He completely overwhelmed Leviathan and destroyed her with ease. His artificial arm is the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the crazy creations he will create in the future.

The battle between Issei and Vali was awesome! Issei really got pissed and his power due to his rage was tremendous. His attacks, each dedicated to each of the girls' oppai, was perfect. Nice fanservice there. I laughed so hard when Issei mentioned Koneko-chan's loli oppai!

We finally get to see Bikou in the anime, as well as the first mention of the Khaos Brigade and Ophis. Grayfia and Rias eye-catchers were fucking awesome. <3

Azazel is now the advisor to the Occult Research Club! Rias' reaction to Azazel's virginity-graduation tour suggestion was adorable. Akeno, Xenovia and Koneko all move in with Issei. Yay! Rias and Asia weren't too happy about it though, because now they need to share Issei even more. Akeno was cute when she told Issei what was going on, and her outfit was pretty hot as well. All the girls are now living with Issei, and he is one step closer to becoming Harem King. But seriously, having all the girls living with him... Issei, you are so lucky.

The music all throughout the episode was perfect, even better than having the opening music play through the battle. The ED during the near-ending was awesome too. The ending scene with all the girls and Issei (and Azazel narrating his thoughts in the background) was perfect. They did a great job with this episode. It was brilliant! Season 2's finale was just awesome and over the top spectacular! I loved it! Man, I LOVE the Highschool DxD series (LN and anime) - it's definitely my all-time favorite series.

Season 3, I am so looking forward to it! Volumes 5 and 6 have a lot of awesome content in them, so that makes me even more excited for it! I hope Season 3 starts by January 2014, because Fall 2013 seems too good to be true (but if it happens, I will be seriously overjoyed!). Season 3 better come soon! I can't wait for dere Koneko-chan!

As for the 24 episode possibility, I could see it happening due to the success of the anime and series as a whole so far, but I doubt it would cover more volumes, because LN Volumes 5 and 6 finish Story Arc 2. If they did make season 3 24 episodes long, it would make sense to be only those 2 volumes, but in greater detail. Besides, there is a TON of content in both those volumes, so 24 episodes may be needed to capture it all perfectly.

10/10 easily my favorite anime by far
Gary29Mar 27, 2014 1:08 PM
Sep 22, 2013 11:37 AM
Mar 2012
Issei is losing the fight with Vali by a large margin. When Azazel mentions that Vali can halve peoples breasts. Three seconds later Vali is spitting up blood and struggling to stay in the air.

Holy shit. badass pervert to the end.
Sep 22, 2013 11:43 AM

Mar 2013
Silvertongue00 said:
Issei is losing the fight with Vali by a large margin. When Azazel mentions that Vali can halve peoples breasts. Three seconds later Vali is spitting up blood and struggling to stay in the air.

Little tip Vali wasn't been serious.

Sep 22, 2013 11:50 AM

Jul 2010
Issei with the power of EROSU. Hoping for S3.
Sep 22, 2013 12:51 PM

Feb 2013
What an awesome final episode! I'm very excited about this show, I'm reading the LN right now...
I really hope that a 3rd season will come out.
Sep 22, 2013 1:22 PM
Mar 2012
Newhopes said:
Silvertongue00 said:

Little tip Vali wasn't been serious.

I know, I read LN as well. But considering vali is strongest hakuryuukou ever and issei is weakest seiryuutei ever... Not to mention Vali's lineage and how much time issei spend as devil. This is pretty much badass like hell. Don't you agree?
Sep 22, 2013 4:21 PM
Jul 2018
That ending was a little on the downside but it was okay I guess. had a few laughs here and there.

I still think the first season was better and It looks like we might be able to get an 3rd season so YAY!
Sep 22, 2013 4:45 PM

Sep 2012
azazel with his panties dragon balance breaker just awesome..

battle between heavenly dragon...

and bikou, that how he supposed to be?

it just crack me up with azazel hand, it's flying rocket... XD
Sep 22, 2013 4:59 PM

Jul 2009
Bikou looks like BroLancer...
Nevermind. i want season 3 now *-*
bruh
Sep 22, 2013 5:09 PM

Jan 2013
Honestly, I'm glad this season is over. If there is a season 3, I will not be watching. For me this was the worst thing airing that I was watching. 3/10 from me, cause nothing happened in 12 episodes.
Sep 22, 2013 5:09 PM

Aug 2012
I am sooo going to miss Oppai Dragons. This as always was so fun to watch and im more then hype for a season 3. Giving this 8 dress breaks out of 10 and hoping for more.

Sep 22, 2013 5:22 PM

Jun 2013
Lets all hope for 3rd season :D
Sep 22, 2013 5:25 PM
Jul 2013
The pacing felt a little fast, but I still enjoyed the episode. Season 3 would be great and overall I am satisfied with this season.
Sep 22, 2013 5:28 PM
Oct 2012
we had better get an announcement about a 3rd season soon or I'm going to be pissed! the suspense is killing me!
Sep 22, 2013 5:29 PM

Feb 2012
Lmao, that White Dragon, Issei kept hitting him down, but the dude was just getting up like nothing happened.

Btw great intro to one of Vali's team members, hope to see the others animated soon as well.

This was a good season.
Sep 22, 2013 5:52 PM

Jul 2012
Another great season. I just love High School DxD, and I hope there will be a season 3, PLEASE! Overall great season and the harem is getting so big this needs another season.
Sep 22, 2013 6:08 PM

May 2013
Very very good episode, the first half was this epic fighting scenes, then the second half had mixed comedy and fighting! The ending was so funny, now everybody will move to Issei´s house!!!! Can´t wait for season 3!!!!
Sep 22, 2013 6:09 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
We want Oppai Dragon spinoff or OVAs as well. And season 3.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 22, 2013 6:14 PM

Dec 2011
I'm sad that this season has ended.
Though im happy that it wasn't dubbed (and that my family doesnt know what "oppai" means).
Sep 22, 2013 6:17 PM

Jul 2013
LOVED it when Issei was pissed. Nice season!!!!! YEAH. I hope theres a third season coming out, maybe some specials we'll see.
All war is deception. -Sun Tzu
Sep 22, 2013 6:20 PM

Jun 2013
I'm not a fan of the plot or the sweeping majority of the characters, Akeno was the only thing that kept me coming back.
Sep 22, 2013 6:43 PM

Apr 2013
BOOSTBOOSTBOOSTBOOSTBOOSTBOOSTBOOSTBOOSTBOOSTBOOSTOOOOOOOOO
This has been bothering me for the whole season, but doesn't the animation look cheap at times? I mean, I keep seeing stills and speed lines everywhere, it's annoying.

Either way, this was almost as fun as the first season, but it did feel rushed. I'll give it a 7/10 for now and call it a day.
Sep 22, 2013 6:56 PM

Apr 2011
Another great episode.

Sad another season is already done, cant wait for season 3 in the next year :D.
Sep 22, 2013 7:03 PM

Jul 2012
I'm actually surprised there aren't a lot of comments regarding Bikou. There are a lot of series that reference Sun Wukong (Son Goku) in some way or form and for some reason DBZ comparisons (i.e. comments like "DBZ rip-off) keep popping up. Looks like MAL posters have at least heard of Journey to the West lol. As for the season it was a bit rushed as expected. 7/10 overall because some scenes could have used more animation and the fights looked half as epic as what was written in the LN. It didn't help that the adapted novels (3-4) are a bit on the boring side when compared to the rest of the series. Still though hoping for a season 3. And two cour so it wont be as rushed since there's a lot of material to cover.
Sep 22, 2013 7:13 PM

Jul 2013
Epic ending to season 2.

Now the waiting game begins. Season 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 22, 2013 7:25 PM

Nov 2012
Awesome ending. Boobs will save the world.
I would love to see more of Azasel telling Izei to fight for the sake of Rias boobs.
In my opinion, Azasel the best character this season.
Sep 22, 2013 7:42 PM

Jul 2012
jose21 said:
Awesome ending. Boobs will save the world.
I would love to see more of Azasel telling Izei to fight for the sake of Rias boobs.
In my opinion, Azasel the best character this season.

Most of the LN fans agree. Hell Teacher Azazel FTW. He's one of the most likable characters in DxD and always invents crazy stuff (a gender-swapping ray gun and a giant robot that powers up using negative emotions to name a few). When you have a character who names one of his inventions the "Shining Aura Darkness Blade" you know you've got someone great lol. Heck he even creates a kitchen knife version, sells it to Japanese housewives and advertises it can cut anything - even an unfaithful husbands spirit lol.
Sep 22, 2013 7:42 PM

May 2010
I MUST HAVE MORE!!!! DAMN, WHYS IT OVER? fast paced episode which i liked only thing i kinda didnt like about the episode, was some of the epic moment were ruin by stuff that was said. other then that still love this series, hope it gets a 3rd season!

Full Harem with more to come! hopefully........

if this does get a 3rd season hopefully, the scene wont be ruin be by the mention of boob every 10 sec, i like tit just as much as the next man but sometime it just run the moment when ssei says im doing this for prez boob or they will not take prez boob from me the the one flaw i dont like about the main pro in this show he gotton kinda lame in these last few episode wish he would stop being a bitch sometimes. still enjoy the season tho... well some of it
HydnlifeSep 22, 2013 8:51 PM
Sep 22, 2013 7:49 PM

May 2013
Azazel is just the awesome. I love badasses who are laidback in animes. Issei has to be the best ecchi, harem protagonist ever. Lol at everyone living in his house. Lucky bastard. Anyways, I liked the second season better than the first. Oppai :D.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Sep 22, 2013 7:53 PM

Dec 2011
Obligatory Ishibumi's request

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2013 8:02 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, the OPPAI continues to win. What a way to end the season. I'm getting that void at the realization that it's not going to air next week. *Sigh. Still, that's the sign of an enjoyable anime.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Sep 22, 2013 8:15 PM

Sep 2011
This episode is freaking epic! Azazel is the best dxd character this season(dat balance breaker) c issei piss off and beat the crap out of vali is awsome. This season seem like a more characters introduction centric & a set up for season 3. I give credit to the director for the battle scene, man i haven't seen kind of action style since dbz saiyan saga(spining camera? zoom in & out) old school stuff.

I give the 1st season a 9 this also a 9 very good(even better? storywise).
Sep 22, 2013 8:18 PM

Apr 2010
Well, this season was slightly better than first season, but still it's an 8 for me. I really don't get why this anime series gets so many good review, it's pretty incosistent, and they just don't explain things that well, but well if there's a third season I hope they explain things a lot better

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Sep 22, 2013 8:23 PM

Feb 2008
It needs a 3rd and 4th season. This series is just starting to get to the good part. The rating games is where it's start to shine.

Still, found the fight between Issei and Vali a bit disappointing, but that's nothing new. It was just that much better in the novel. It's sad how they left Albion's concern for Ddraig out of the battle when Issei absorbed Albion's powers. And Vali should've been a whole lot more on the ropes and desperate to use his juggernaut drive. They just didn't display that well.

Still, DxD is such a solid series that just getting it animated in any form is a plus, so can't wait to see the new season and I did enjoy this season again.
Sep 22, 2013 8:25 PM

Jul 2013
Awesome ending.

Ok Japan. Do your job and buy those DB/DVDs
Sep 22, 2013 8:39 PM

Aug 2013
Azazel is just amazing. Its funny how he gets Issei to increase his power with boobs.

Hopefully we don't have to wait too long on a 3rd season, looking forward to it!
My Candies:

May 2012
Holy shit, these last 2 episodes have been rushed as fuck.

L>season 3
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jul 2012
Damn Issei going ham once again at the end of the season. He's also one step closer to becoming harem king. Going to miss my weekly dosage of DxD, season3pls.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Sep 22, 2013 8:50 PM

Mar 2012
Azazel and Panties Dragon Armor make this episode. Now I'm going to brace myself for dere Koneko next season.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

144 by demxnys »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

164 by kitsune0 »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 8, 2013

115 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 11:13 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

123 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 1:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.