Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 20, 2013 5:27 PM

Jan 2013
So after a marathon I finished Muv Luv. Simply put I'm hooked to VN's a the moment. So two nights ago I went and splurged a hefty sum of money on VN's (Overnight shipping is expensive... ;p) and now I'm sitting here not sure which to play...

• Koenchu!
  • Chaos;Head
  • Clannad
  • Fate-Stay Night
  • Majikoi!
  • Steins;Gate
  • Grisaia no Kajitsu (The description reminds me of Katawa Shoujo?)

Thats all I've got but I'm really into romance VN's and stuff so any recommendations would be nice. I wanted to buy Your Diary as well. Seems like a great game but I overspent haha.

Any help would be nice. probs going to start MajiKoi though ATM. Loved the anime :)

Friend Me! Or PM me if you want to talk about stuff!

Check out my Anime List layout! PM me if you want to change yours but don't know how!
Sep 20, 2013 5:40 PM

Mar 2012
Majikoi is a good start if you can read Japanese that is since till this day they still haven't completed Miyako route yet.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 20, 2013 6:50 PM
Oct 2011
I'm playing Grisaia no Kajitsu as of now, still on the common route i think. but Ii recommend you play steins;gate first, a lot more epic than the anime.
Sep 21, 2013 4:47 AM

Jun 2012
Fate/Stay Night, but then again, I'm quite the fanboy. ^-^
Sep 21, 2013 5:58 AM

Jul 2007
Out of that list?

Fate Stay Night
and Steins;Gate.
Sep 21, 2013 7:13 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Steins would definitely be the best one
I found Majikoi to be a bit up and down, it's pretty stupid but also really funny, the true route was really good at least

Chaos;Head is actually really damn good (and fucking scary), don't judge it by its shitty anime adaptation.

also Grisaia is a million times better than Katawa Shoujo and not all that similar either, don't compare them :s
HaXXspettenSep 21, 2013 8:53 AM
Sep 21, 2013 8:46 AM

Jan 2013
Ya I really didn't like the Chaos;Head anime. Dropped it after a few episodes

I played and finished the Hanako route over night haha(Katawa Shoujo). none of the other girls really interest me so... and about Majikoi, the three I really wanted were Mayuchi and Momoyo and Chris. Is the english patch not out yet for all of them? Anyway ya I can read Japanese so thats no problem.

Grisaia is what i'm going to play after. I watched a walkthrough and fell in love when the MC stops the robber. An MC who can actually fight! A lot of foreshadowing though...

I watched Fate/Zero, is Fate/Stay Night anything like it?

and are Stiens;Gate and Chaos;Head related in anyway? like does one come first or are they separate?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions haha!

Check out my Anime List layout! PM me if you want to change yours but don't know how!
Sep 21, 2013 8:58 AM
Mar 2011
say awasy form Key minus the oringak veriosn a of Kanon
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 21, 2013 8:58 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Majikoi has Yukie + Chris + Momoyo + Wanko + teacher sub-route patch released, rest of the sub-routes, Miyako and the True ending are not.

Grisaia is long as fuck, but has some of the best characters out there and is pretty immersive.

Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate and Robotics;Notes are part of the same "series" but have veeery little relation to eachother in actuality, you can basically consider them individual titles, nothing to worry about there.

Can't say much for Fate/ though, I'm still waiting for the last few percentages of Ataraxia and I'll do them all in one go.

DateYutaka said:

wow ur drunk
Sep 21, 2013 9:10 AM
Mar 2011
stay way from key stuff minus kanon its the only one that that kinda decently written
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 21, 2013 9:16 AM

Sep 2011
GoldenFyre said:

I watched Fate/Zero, is Fate/Stay Night anything like it?

I don't understand your question but if you mean it has a similar vibe to Fate/Zero, then there's one route in F/SN it has similar vibe. Or maybe even better. Still, F/SN is really worth a try especially UBW and Heaven's Feel routes.

Anyway, don't listen to the faggot(DateYutaka).

Sep 21, 2013 9:24 AM

Jan 2013
DateYutaka said:

Why? Clannad was a great anime and key made the VN so why should I stay away from it?

Haha - But what is the true ending for Majikoi? So far it's been hilarious and I really like it due to the amount of choices I can make (Even though a lot of them are pointless haha) but yea.

So my play list is this now
1. Majikoi
2. Chaos;Head
3. Stiens;Gate
4. Fate/Stay Night

and I'm going to have Gresia as an ongoing background project if it's really that long.

Also does Robotics;Notes have romance (The VN?) cause I'm only interested in Romance ones ATM. Might seem kind of biased but if it doesn't have a romance tag I skip out on it...

Sep 21, 2013 9:29 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The true route of Majikoi is more about the entire character cast as a whole on a much more serious course of action. There is no one heroine standing out above the others, although there are two somewhat unexpected H-scenes in it regardless.

Think I finished all of Grisaia's routes in about 80 hours or so, then again I don't know how fast my reading speed is compared to the norm so take that with a grain of salt.

Haven't actually played Robotics, can't say much for that.

Also there's nothing wrong with Key's games, they're all good but their strengths don't lie in the story department.

ed: btw if you can read Japanese you really should play Aiyoku no Eustia as well
HaXXspettenSep 22, 2013 1:49 AM
Sep 23, 2013 4:46 PM

Nov 2009
Grisaia no Kajitsu

getting the biggest out of the way
Sep 23, 2013 8:42 PM

Jan 2013
MagicFlier said:
Grisaia no Kajitsu

getting the biggest out of the way
HaXXspetten said:

Think I finished all of Grisaia's routes in about 80 hours or so, then again I don't know how fast my reading speed is compared to the norm so take that with a grain of salt.

ed: btw if you can read Japanese you really should play Aiyoku no Eustia as well

Damn 80 hours... Is the plot interesting? If it's that long I'll start it now.

Aiyoku no Eustia This looks very promising. I'm gonna have to put it on my plan to play cause I have Your Diary on the way lol

http://vndb.org/v5286

Thank you!

Sep 24, 2013 12:50 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Eustia would easily be the best VN I've ever read if it wasn't for the fact that MLA well... exists :s
But yeah second at least ^^
Sep 26, 2013 11:46 AM

Jan 2013
Tsukihime?
http://vndb.org/v7

How is related to F/SN?

Sep 26, 2013 5:25 PM

Jul 2007
GoldenFyre said:
Tsukihime?
http://vndb.org/v7

How is related to F/SN?

Same multiverse.
Sep 27, 2013 3:27 PM

Jan 2013
As in same world different stories?

Sep 28, 2013 10:19 PM

Jun 2007
GoldenFyre said:

The whole type-moon universe (not even just the Fate franchise) is part of one multiverse. It's convoluted, complicated, and something you'd be better off looking up on your own or asking in a thread related to one of the shows if you want a long explanation.
Sep 29, 2013 6:02 AM

Jul 2007
GoldenFyre said:

- Multiple worlds(think: Tsubasa Chronicle).
- Same laws and rules in each(ex: magic works the same way, powers work in similar ways,etc).
- Character cameos(not necessarily of same character version though, but there are those who travel in between worlds too)
- Same concepts (ex: Church plays the same role and has the same position in most of those works, mages want to achieve the same things, characters have similar motivations etc)
- Same deities.
- Mostly same world history in past and future(unless its stated to be different)

That in itself means that all routes in both games are equally canon(ex: FSN has different versions of same event being told with drastically different outcomes, every of them canon).

More topics from this board

» total games on your steam library ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 22

58 by ProGoddess »»
6 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3564 by Nette »»
Yesterday, 1:22 AM

» Any paradox games fans here?

D5rkUnl0ck3r - May 12

10 by Alpha-Nine »»
May 23, 4:21 PM

» Favorite gaming cover art?

Nette - Apr 25

14 by Galletita »»
May 23, 7:56 AM

» What are your PC specs

ST63LTH - May 5

16 by SnipeStrike »»
May 23, 7:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.