Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 28, 2007 3:32 AM

May 2007
My sister is 11, and she loves Sailormoon.

Do any of you know series that are like that one? or made for her age?
[edit]
Well she's watching 3 series now:
- Sailor moon, Tokyo MM and CC-Sakura

Is inuYasha something for her age? or is it made for older ppl? (idk never seen it but i think its like kenshin, so not over complexed but not as kiddy as sailormoon)
MasamasaNov 17, 2007 6:07 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 28, 2007 3:37 AM

Sep 2007
hmmm look here http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=530&display=userrecs
and i would try card captor sakura too
Oct 28, 2007 3:56 AM

Nov 2004
Shoujo anime are aimed at young girls in your sister's age bracket anyway, so looking at titles labelled shoujo is normally okay.

But yeah, I'd also recommend Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Full Moon wo Sagashite, Pita Ten, Kamichama Karin, Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar, Daa Daa Daa, etc.
Oct 28, 2007 4:14 AM

Jul 2007
Mahou Shoujotai is my favorite magicial girl shoujo.

I'd suggest that you stay away from some of the historical shoujo unless she has the maturity to understand adult emotions.

Sam is my sweet peach
Oct 28, 2007 10:21 AM

Jul 2007
When it comes to magical girls, there's also Hime-chan's ribbon, Ojamajo Doremi, and Nurse Angel Ririka SOS. Fancy Lala is probably also a good bet, but I haven't seen it yet so I can't be sure. And yeah, Cardcaptor Sakura is awesome.

Miyazaki movies are always a good choice for kids. I loved Kiki's Delivery Service when I was her age.

The world masterpiece theater titles are mostly based on kid's books, so those are good bets, especially if she's read them. Unfortunately, a lot of them aren't completely fansubbed, but a few are. Akage no Anne (Anne of Green Gables) is a good place to start.

oh, these little earthquakes
Oct 28, 2007 10:26 AM

Mar 2005
Futari wa Pretty Cure :D
Oct 28, 2007 10:49 AM

May 2007
AnomalousOne said:
Miyazaki movies are always a good choice for kids

She once watched Spirited Away with me, and she liked it

Oct 28, 2007 12:00 PM

Aug 2007
She'd probably love shugo chara :]

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).
Oct 28, 2007 12:10 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Skarith said:
She'd probably love shugo chara :]

I'll go as far and say Shugo Chara is a tad too 'advanced' for an 11yr old.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 28, 2007 1:15 PM

Aug 2007
I don't think you need to get every small hint to enjoy the shugo chara anime, I'd love to hear your reasoning as to why it's too 'advanced' though, I don't think you should underestimate 11 year olds ;).

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).
Oct 28, 2007 1:19 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yeah, maybe I did. I thought some jokes wouldn't be that easy to understand. But you're right, it wouldn't ruin the overall fun. :)

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 28, 2007 1:26 PM

Aug 2007
Child's Toy is one of my favorite shows of all time but might be too advanced for some kids.

Oct 28, 2007 2:07 PM

Oct 2007
x2 on Miyazaki films, like Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, The Cat Returns, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, Ged Senki. You probably can't go wrong with a Ghibli film.

You could try Arashi no Yoru Ni, Dragon Half, Moyashimon, Fruits Basket, Lucky Star, Jagainu-kun, Magic Knights Rayearth ..

None of those have serious violence or overtly sexual innuendo in them. It's good-natured humor or kid's shows. ^o^
MalyrushOct 28, 2007 2:10 PM
Oct 28, 2007 4:00 PM

May 2007
If she likes unicorns, you could try the Unico movies, and The Last Unicorn. Another Ghibli film that hasn't been mentioned yet (and that I recommend) is Porco Rosso.

Malyrush said:
x2 on Miyazaki films, like Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, The Cat Returns, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, Ged Senki. You probably can't go wrong with a Ghibli film.

Eh, I think Princess Mononoke might be a bit much for an 11-year-old; 2 hours long, a bit complex, and a lot of blood. But I second (third? XD) the recommendation the rest of the films that you mentioned.
Oct 28, 2007 4:33 PM

Oct 2007
My sister watched it when she was about 9 or 10, and she loved it. There's not much blood, and it really isn't that complex when you really think about it. Humans anger the forest gods, kill the forest, some dude wants a thing for REAL ULTIMATE POWER, good triumphs.

It's only complex to older people that can see the things lying underneath, but to a younger kid, it's just a wolfie movie.
Oct 28, 2007 4:42 PM

Oct 2007
well lets see...
when i was about 11-12 (6th/7th grade) i really liked

- card captor sakura
- kodocha
- kamikaze kaitou jeanne
- kaitou sait tail
- daa daa daa

I'd also reccomend:
- ashita no nadja
- tiny snow fairy sugar
Oct 28, 2007 5:45 PM

May 2007
Manabi Straight, the Animal Crossing movie [hasn't been dubbed in eglish yet though], Azumanga Daioh, and the sillier episodes of Rozen Maiden. I'm just going by what my little cousin watches here. :/

❝goodbyes are always hard, no matter how you might try to make them easier.❞

Oct 28, 2007 10:52 PM

Oct 2007
I would guess Fairy Musketears Akazukin would be a very good choice as well.

My dear weak spacenoids. THAT LEVEL OF LOVE CAN'T BREAK MY BODY OF STEEL!
Oct 29, 2007 10:18 AM

Oct 2007
if you can stand it, bottle fairy, that might be a good one, and one for just stupid laughs, ouran high school host club, its the typical shoujo, pretty stupid but funny, oh and its a revers harem, if you look around anything based around the school comedy should be good for her, god knows theres plenty out there
Oct 29, 2007 11:01 AM

Oct 2007
let her watch Secret of Nimh or Last Unicorn, if those arent to over her head she can watch anything.

anime owned collection list http://tobruk.dvdaf.com/

" You guys want to see me do a magic trick. I will make this pencil disapear."
- the Joker
Oct 29, 2007 2:30 PM

Oct 2007
You might try Mokke. The two main characters are a little girl and her older sister and there's no explicit language, nudity, violence, etc.
Oct 29, 2007 2:45 PM

Mar 2007
If she can watch subtitled stuff, then I recommend Ashita no Nadja :D
Oct 30, 2007 10:40 PM

Oct 2007
I'd recommend card captor sakura and alice academy..and Daa Daa Daa of course:D
Oct 31, 2007 3:48 AM

Oct 2007
Pita Ten and Digi Charat... I think >.> something made by the same creator, at least.
Nov 2, 2007 1:50 PM
Aug 2007
I'm an 11 year old!!!
I've watched some animes and you better warn her about those historical animes, and stay away from some of Yuu Watase's animes, cause those tend to be a little perverted, too much drama, killing, and so much kissing scenes.

Actually, I've watched some of her works, still, I don't think it's recomended for kids.
Okay, so Magical Girl is a good sub-category since it's not babyish and it fits a young girl. Fancy Lala, Mamotte! Lollipop, Nanaka 6/17, Shugo Chara!, Ultra Maniac, Cardcaptor Sakura, CLAMP Gakuen Tanteidan, Cosmic Baton Girl Comet-san, Magic Knight Rayearth, Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch, Otogi-jushi Akazukin, Pita Ten, and Magical Nyan Nyan Taruto are some animes that are ok to watch. Actually, not all of the animes I mentioned are magical girl, some are just ok to watch.

I wouldn't mention anymore animes, since some animes I watch are too violent for ages of mine.

Did I mention Twin Princesses of the Wonder Planet? That's one of my favorites!
Smile, you look way better that way!! ^_^

Nov 2, 2007 3:10 PM

Aug 2007
I recommened Shigurui. Good wholesome samurai family fun that remembers its morals.

Nov 3, 2007 1:00 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
OmegaJudgement said:
I recommened Shigurui. Good wholesome samurai family fun that remembers its morals.

Yeah right. xD

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 3, 2007 5:41 AM

Aug 2007
cyruz said:
OmegaJudgement said:

Yeah right. xD

But, but, but look at the lovely innocent birdies from the recent episode that nothing bad could possibly happen to...

And who can forget when Seigen helped build the snowman the episode before, not like snowman can inexplicably bleed.
OriginalNameNov 3, 2007 5:52 AM

Nov 3, 2007 5:51 AM

Feb 2007
Good shows would be; Fruits Basket, Cardcaptor Sakura, Pita Ten, DI Gi Charat, Galaxy Angel (I think), the first season of Rozen Maiden and Pretty Cure Splash Star. My sister loves those shows. But then again...

My 11 year old sister is very different...

She's been watching anime with me, even 5 years ago (she was 6 at the time), when we both started watching Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040. Yeah, she got scared. Then she got hooked. Then we forgot about anime for 4 years.

Nowadays, she's just about into any anime I want to watch. CCS and RM are her favs, but she's watched Cowboy Bebop, Chrno Crusade, Samurai Champloo as well. She even wants to watch Higurashi, but I keep telling her not to.
Nov 3, 2007 7:44 AM
Aug 2007
All 11 year olds are different.
Including me.
Anyway, Galaxy Angel might not be a good choice, mostly it's filled with comedy and nonesense.
I watched it, it was okay with me.
Lol, I don't really recomend Higurashi, since that's kinda filled with murder...
Fruits Basket is also a good choice.
At my old post, I included animes I watched that were okay with me, and wasn't perverted.

Still, if she's addicted to magical girl anime, I think she'll like Cosmic Baton Girl Comet-san. XD That's a really good one.
Smile, you look way better that way!! ^_^

Nov 17, 2007 5:41 AM

May 2007
Well she's watching 3 series now:
- Sailor moon, Tokyo MM and CC-Sakura

Do you think InuYasha something for her? (i don't know for what age it is made)

Nov 17, 2007 5:42 AM

Oct 2007
Cardcaptor Sakura
Mew Mew Power perhaps?
Nov 17, 2007 9:18 AM

Nov 2007
Princess Tutu was good, esp. if she likes ballet or dancing in general (esp. The Nutcracker and Swan Lake). Magical girl-ish, bloodless violence, romance, German fairy tales, free will vs destiny, blurred line of good and evil.

She might like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya too. It's very funny. Make sure you watch it in anachronic order, it's WAY better that way. It pretty much became a cult favorite. There's going to be a second season too. :)

D.N.Angel is also great. Huge theme on accepting yourself with a side of romance and a drink of comedy and fantasy.
Nov 17, 2007 9:21 AM

Apr 2007
BlueYoshi said:
Good shows would be; Fruits Basket, Cardcaptor Sakura, Pita Ten, DI Gi Charat, Galaxy Angel (I think), the first season of Rozen Maiden and Pretty Cure Splash Star. My sister loves those shows. But then again...

My 11 year old sister is very different...

She's been watching anime with me, even 5 years ago (she was 6 at the time), when we both started watching Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040. Yeah, she got scared. Then she got hooked. Then we forgot about anime for 4 years.

Nowadays, she's just about into any anime I want to watch. CCS and RM are her favs, but she's watched Cowboy Bebop, Chrno Crusade, Samurai Champloo as well. She even wants to watch Higurashi, but I keep telling her not to.

If she can't watch Higurashi, then I suggest Casey & Friends.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2007 11:35 AM

Oct 2007
Marek92 said:
Do you think InuYasha something for her? (i don't know for what age it is made)
i think inu yasha is something that is more aimed towards a male audience. I mean, she might like it, i used to watch DBZ and gundam wing on television when i was 11ish, and i loved it. So if anything give it a shot. It's hard to figure out what her tastes will be but once you can figure it out it'll be easy to find more anime to give her.
Nov 17, 2007 6:58 PM

Nov 2007
How about Petite Princess Yucie and Princess Tutu?
They're tame enough, and there isn't any swearing in the dubs, really.
Nov 17, 2007 8:55 PM

Nov 2007
i would recommend 2 animes for little girls, they are:

Sailormoon Hello Kitty

These animes won't scare the sh*t out of them, and could help them with

their everyday lives. Through my opinion.

Nov 18, 2007 12:35 AM

Nov 2007
I'm gunna say Azumanga Daioh and Ichigo Mashimaro :D

2 of my favorite shows of all time :D
Nov 18, 2007 12:59 AM

May 2007
Angel_Of_Faith said:
I'm an 11 year old!!!
I've watched some animes and you better warn her about those historical animes, and stay away from some of Yuu Watase's animes, cause those tend to be a little perverted, too much drama, killing, and so much kissing scenes.

Actually, I've watched some of her works, still, I don't think it's recomended for kids.
Okay, so Magical Girl is a good sub-category since it's not babyish and it fits a young girl. Fancy Lala, Mamotte! Lollipop, Nanaka 6/17, Shugo Chara!, Ultra Maniac, Cardcaptor Sakura, CLAMP Gakuen Tanteidan, Cosmic Baton Girl Comet-san, Magic Knight Rayearth, Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch, Otogi-jushi Akazukin, Pita Ten, and Magical Nyan Nyan Taruto are some animes that are ok to watch. Actually, not all of the animes I mentioned are magical girl, some are just ok to watch.

I wouldn't mention anymore animes, since some animes I watch are too violent for ages of mine.

Did I mention Twin Princesses of the Wonder Planet? That's one of my favorites!

lol, im 100% sure my sister can't write such a huge text, even in dutch lol :)

I always watch like half an episode, and later on tell it to my sister :)
Just to make sure there are no weird moments, lol

[EDIT]:
I made her an animelist because she always asked me which episode she was watching or what the name of an anime is :) (and i was bored..)
snoesje96.myanimelist.net
MasamasaNov 18, 2007 1:13 AM

Nov 18, 2007 3:11 AM

Jul 2007
Umm my sister is 14 now. She watched a few animes before when she was younger. I would recommend all the Miyazaki films, Castle in the sky, Howls moving castle, Kikki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononokee.

Also she might like Magic Knights Rayearth as well. My sister totally adored that series. Umm Inuyasha Dubbed series is good, unless you want her to hear the word bastard all the time, its really not that bad of a series for a young kid to watch.

A few more pics

Pokemon
Princess Nine
The World of Narue
Pretear

I would stay away from the shoujo's, like what some people said on here. Some of them are a little to advanced for an 11 year old kid, but it also depends upon her maturity as well though. Hope that helps :)

Nov 19, 2007 10:32 AM

Nov 2007
I've seen some good recommendations on here! Here are some that I think would be good for someone her age:

Panyo Panyo Digi Charat
Mao-Chan Defense Force
Adventures of Mini Goddess
Ultra Maniac
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Cosmic Girl Baton San
Nanaka 6/17
Saint tail
daa daa daa

These are ones I really enjoy, even though some have been mentioned already. Inu Yasha may be too much for an 11 year old. Maybe when she's 14 or 15 she can watch it.
Nov 19, 2007 11:10 PM

Jul 2007
If she liked Sailor Moon then I think she'd like Wedding Peach! It's a mahou shoujo anime made around the same time as Sailor Moon.

And I know it's not anime, but have you considered the live action Sailor Moon series, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon?
Nov 20, 2007 12:02 AM

Jul 2007
Anime for an 11-year-old girl with a flavor for mahou shoujo? Try these

Kaleido Star
Princess Tutu
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Kiki's Delivery Service
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle
Angelic Layer
Pretear
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Feb 15, 2008 2:23 PM

Dec 2007
Card Captor Sakura!! :D

Feb 15, 2008 2:48 PM

Nov 2007
Pretear
Petite Princess Yucie
maybe Princess Tutu

Feb 15, 2008 2:51 PM

Jul 2007
Wedding Peach!

Edit: Oh damnit, it was already mentioned after all - didn't see there was a second and third page =| Well, then hereby I second Wedding Peach!
Feb 19, 2008 12:09 PM

May 2007
Uta Kata maybe

Feb 19, 2008 5:19 PM

May 2007
Going from personal experience I have a 10 year old sister and of the stuff i've recomended her to watch, she's liked Clannad, One Piece, and most Miyazaki movies.
Feb 22, 2008 10:00 PM

Sep 2007
I would recommand her to watch Aishiteruz Baby, Azumanga Daiyoh, Lucky Star and One Piece. Since she saw the first season of Rozen Maiden, why not let her see RM Traumend and also the Overture.
Feb 22, 2008 10:27 PM

Jan 2008
what about Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (all seasons if you wish). It's adventure and has girls in there.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Pure comedy anime with no drama, suggestions?

JustSomeone15 - 49 minutes ago

0 by JustSomeone15 »»
49 minutes ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Apr 25

10 by Khashishi »»
3 hours ago

» Romance anime where couples live together

aizen_sosuke3162 - May 9

7 by DON_QUIXTON »»
3 hours ago

» Short Series Recs (12-26 eps).

pludel2 - Yesterday

9 by pludel2 »»
5 hours ago

» reverend insanity,omg what should I do??

RilestX - Aug 19, 2022

2 by 440th_reggresser »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.