Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2013 8:44 AM

Oct 2012
That chair of the fair committee (Prez?)... Fuuka Kafuka's voice or Fuuko's voice in my mind
Lol Haruhi & K-on! references

@ Light music club stage.. Why was it only Tomoko's fluorescent light red?
That Yuri (almost) moment.. I love her reaction when Kana Hanazawa-san's chara (Yuu-chan) hugged her

What? Anime? A girl died in early episode? A movie will come out?
Steins;Gate isn't it??

Awwww, that ending & ED so cute... At least it's happy episode
I like this than previous episode, it's depressing as hell (Sorry bad words) xD
Nooo... next week it's last ep :(

suzuha said:
THAT WAS DEFINITELY MAYBE PROBABLY A STEINS;GATE REFERENCE THERE AT THE END. Tomoko has good taste in anime.

Wow, you're a smart person :)
Funny things.. Tuturu=Yuu's voice (Steins;Gate fans will know) xD

Don't forget about what she said about this season anime xD

Genix said:
Hmm. So she's into Yaoi as much as she's into yuri. Well, can't deny not liking it. She's also sometimes cute, but mostly a bit sad, and funny too. She's cute enough, if she'd brighten up I'd think.

I spotted obvious Haruhi and K-on references, with some Madoka. Mami :')

Hmm.. nothing wrong with Fujoshi & Yuri-liking girl xD
No, she's cute enough... Especially that epic faces xD

Hmm... Madoka? Where?
If it's about a girl died so early in the series.. it could be Steins;Gate
Maybe Kana-san promoting her character too xD
"Signature removed"
Sep 18, 2013 8:52 AM

Aug 2012
after a lot of depressing episodes, finally i can say that this ep was a heartwarming one.

- is that "God Knows" playing while she imagining herself on stage? sounded totally similar to the original XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWB01IuMvzA

- Committee chairman = instant fav character. no explanation is needed

- Yuu chan = a loyal and genuine friend

- Heartwarming ending

i can easily say that this ep is the best so far

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Sep 18, 2013 8:53 AM
Sep 2013
This was such a nice episode but when the culture fair chairman helped her out in the end... THE FEELS. ;n;

I can't believe it's almost over. ;n;
yaysianSep 18, 2013 9:05 AM
Sep 18, 2013 11:06 AM

Jun 2008
As soon as she talked about the light music club i knew she would make a K-ON reference x)
Sep 18, 2013 11:07 AM

Oct 2012
Small happiness is still happiness after all :) Best episode ever!
Sep 18, 2013 11:31 AM

May 2011
I'm so behind on pretty much everything I'm watching this season except for a select few. Watamote is one of them. I'm gonna miss seeing introvertedness (it's a word now) at its best. The Yuu groping was kinda funny.

Also, that end was great.
Sep 18, 2013 12:23 PM
Feb 2010
RLinksoul said:
I suspected the anime Yuu was talking about watching was Steins;Gate

This kinda spoiled S;G for me, y'know :/
Sep 18, 2013 4:13 PM

Oct 2012
09iiaakp said:
RLinksoul said:

I kinda think that was more likely reference to Madoka. She said "movies", in plural. Steins;Gate only had one movie and with that early death, Madoka fits better.
Sep 18, 2013 4:21 PM

Jun 2012
Woah, a new friend! For once Tomoko wasn't super pessimistic and had fun at school. That new ED as well ^^ sounds so much nicer.

RLinksoul said:

How can you be sure, if they only gave two clues? Maybe it wasn't supposed to be specific at all.

Sep 18, 2013 4:42 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode!!!
Sep 18, 2013 4:45 PM

Jun 2008
I also teared up a bit when the girl in the bear costume hugged Tomoko at the end of the episode :']

Maybe that girl used to be in Tomoko's position?
Sep 18, 2013 5:28 PM

Jul 2011
I hope the chairperson becomes friends with Tomoko! I would love to see more of her character. She's really sweet.

Lol at groping Yuu. XD
Sep 18, 2013 5:47 PM

Jun 2012
rodac said:
Two hugs and people talked to her--a red letter day for Tomoko...

Yeah, only one episode left now.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Sep 18, 2013 8:00 PM

Jan 2012
It's with a sad heart that next week we'll watch the final episode, then it'll be back to reading the manga... It's been great so far, and I really hope to see a second season of this.
Sep 18, 2013 8:10 PM

Apr 2012
this episode was a lot more cheerful and better than the past ones.
it was so nice seeing tomoko being happy with her friend again, but what really made me happy was seeing someone notice her and giving her those small acts of kindness.
for once, i didn't feel annoyed or i didnt pity tomoko. it was refreshing!
i hope the last episode won't be disappointing!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2013 8:57 PM

Oct 2012
K-on reference xD

Aww she made a new friend.

One more ep o(TmT)o
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Sep 18, 2013 9:40 PM

Jan 2013
Tomoko as Azunyan

chairman is just a sweetheart, i'd totally ship Tomoko x chairman :P

at least Tomoko got something good for her...even tho it took a cut to the hand to do so
Sep 18, 2013 11:00 PM

Aug 2012
Choroshi said:

- is that "God Knows" playing while she imagining herself on stage? sounded totally similar to the original XD

It was dangerously close to it lol
Mich666 said:
09iiaakp said:
RLinksoul said:

I kinda think that was more likely reference to Madoka. She said "movies", in plural. Steins;Gate only had one movie and with that early death, Madoka fits better.
Either way he still got spoiled, and maybe on Madoka now too. I assumed that was why people were making it a point to use the acronyms, because someone who hadn't finished them and read up on them on boards or elsewhere probably wouldn't recognize the abbreviation.
Sep 19, 2013 12:25 AM

May 2012
Wonderful episode. But I hope the committee chairman girl is not acting like that because she feels bad for her.

Now I'm even more hyped for the new Madoka movie thanx to this episode.
Sep 19, 2013 1:23 AM

Mar 2012
That K-On reference was telegraphed but that didn't stop it from being hilarious.
Sep 19, 2013 8:38 AM

Oct 2009
Aipon Nonaka is playing the cute kindhearted girl role again. yay.

Chibi-Alice said:
I also teared up a bit when the girl in the bear costume hugged Tomoko at the end of the episode :']

Maybe that girl used to be in Tomoko's position?

She's just a reincarnated Fuura Kafuka.

Now I just realized how many famous VA is on this anime. mindblown.
azzuReSep 19, 2013 8:50 AM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 19, 2013 8:58 AM

Feb 2011
Ending was cujte :D
Sep 19, 2013 9:15 AM

Mar 2013
So many references :D
I'm glad that Tomoko liked her festival with Yuu-chan and that ending was really cute :)
Sep 19, 2013 10:26 AM
Dec 2012
Oh god the K-ON and Haruhi references.

Too bad there's only one episode left :<
Sep 19, 2013 11:12 AM

May 2013
I'll never get tired of them references! (^_^)

Aww, Tomoko looks cute in that maid oufit.

It was a fun day with Yuu, until she left Tomoko alone.
Tomoko still wanted to grope Yuu.

Aww, Culture Festival Planning Committee Chairman is so cute and nice! She's now my favorite character!

This episode was a happy episode. Well most of it anyway. I hope the next one will be as happy or happier.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 19, 2013 1:21 PM

Apr 2011
I like the way the show is but it would be more enjoyable (for me) if the whole show had taken a more serious approach so warming scenes like the bear hugg would've happened.
It was my favorite anime this season anyways (putting shingeki aside), I'm a bit sad that this is going to end next week :/
Sep 19, 2013 1:29 PM

Aug 2012
Lol i see a K-on parody here....wait tomoki's as azusa?? seriously?? haha
Sep 19, 2013 2:46 PM

Mar 2012
Mich666 said:
09iiaakp said:
RLinksoul said:

She didn't necessarily say it in plural (at least not in the original audio; haven't watched the subs). The exact phrase was 今度映画化するよ, with the word 映画化 meaning "making into film" or "film adaptation", so the number isn't specified. Also, the death wasn't implied to be early, the word she used was 途中, literally "on the way", often meaning "in the middle of" or "in the process of ". Haven't seen S;G (thx for the spoilers, BTW, guys), so I can't comment if that description applies to it better. Although I do think the people suggesting a Kana Hanazawa link might be on to something, wouldn't put it past them to make a stealth seiyuu reference. But aside from that the description is actually pretty generic and may apply to a number of series. My first thought was
Sep 19, 2013 2:48 PM

Jun 2007
vonPeterhof said:
Mich666 said:
09iiaakp said:
RLinksoul said:

She didn't necessarily say it in plural (at least not in the original audio; haven't watched the subs). The exact phrase was 今度映画化するよ, with the word 映画化 meaning "making into film" or "film adaptation", so the number isn't specified. Also, the death wasn't implied to be early, the word she used was 途中, literally "on the way", often meaning "in the middle of" or "in the process of ". Haven't seen S;G (thx for the spoilers, BTW, guys), so I can't comment if that description applies to it better. Although I do think the people suggesting a Kana Hanazawa link might be on to something, wouldn't put it past them to make a stealth seiyuu reference. But aside from that the description is actually pretty generic and may apply to a number of series. My first thought was

The anime they are talking about was mentioned in a previous episode with Yuu, wherein they make it very clear it's referencing Madoka. I'm not sure why you people can't grasp that when, if I recall, they even outright said it was a mahou shoujo previously.
Sep 19, 2013 10:51 PM

Oct 2010
the ending was soooo adorable! >.<
Sep 20, 2013 1:40 AM

Nov 2012
that bleeding scene is so awesome! LOL..
and the ending..
Sep 20, 2013 1:44 AM
Jun 2012
LEGOF said:
I'm gonna miss seeing introvertedness (it's a word now) at its best. The Yuu groping was kinda funny.
Kuroki is far from being an introvert.
Sep 20, 2013 2:24 AM

May 2009
iRock707 said:
LEGOF said:
I'm gonna miss seeing introvertedness (it's a word now) at its best. The Yuu groping was kinda funny.

So, what makes Tomoko an extrovert, then, when I see all sorts of signs that she's not?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2013 4:07 AM
Jul 2018

This episode is so touching. I like the end part where she was hugged by the teddy bear. :3
If only Kuroki knew who is inside the costume though.
Sep 20, 2013 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
At last, an episode that didn't feel painful!
Sep 20, 2013 4:18 PM
May 2013
I always thought that the cultural festival would be the end of the season... one more episode. This was memorable.
Sep 20, 2013 6:32 PM

Jan 2013
Her face at the end was like:
"What the fuck just hugged me?"

I mean if a person in a bear costume walked over to you with a balloon, hugged you, then gave you the balloon, you'd have a "did I just get molested?" look on your face too.
Sep 20, 2013 7:52 PM

Jan 2013
Trying to cop a feel on her friend? Aight.
Sep 20, 2013 9:05 PM

Apr 2009
The angel of this series has descended. And she's voiced by Ai Nonaka. <3

I'm really happy they kept my single favorite scene from the manga. No more doubt about just who was the mystery character in the suit as it was less clear in the manga. So, her full name is Megumi Imae, eh?

Also, that indirect Madoka reference.
Sep 20, 2013 9:47 PM

Dec 2011
Aww. The cultural festival comitee girl is concerned for Mokocchi. Dem feels.

Also, love the Haruhi and K-on! references.
Sep 21, 2013 12:37 AM
Jul 2018
Awww, I hope they become friends. That girl was really nice :)
Sep 21, 2013 12:48 AM
Nov 2012
AO968 said:
iRock707 said:
LEGOF said:

So, what makes Tomoko an extrovert, then, when I see all sorts of signs that she's not?

If the wikipedia is to be believed as a credible source in this case: "Introversion is not seen as being identical to shyness or to being a social outcast. Introverts prefer solitary activities over social ones, whereas shy people (who may be extroverts at heart) avoid social encounters out of fear."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introvert

Tomoko does desire external interactions, she's just scared by them. So, as per the article above, she is not wholly an introvert. That being said, all people have qualities of both types within them and it is a sliding scale so to say with 100% certainty that someone is or isn't an introvert or extrovert would be incorrect.
Sep 21, 2013 3:41 AM

Jul 2011
Great episode. The ending was really warm-hearted.
Sep 21, 2013 5:35 AM

Aug 2010
ALL THE FEELS FOR THIS EPISODE!<3333
I cried so much at the end ;A;
Sep 21, 2013 7:31 AM

Sep 2011

And can't I find any video of the new ending? ( •_•)

Sep 21, 2013 8:15 AM

Apr 2013
This episode was nice. Finally we have a good ending without fails :)
Sep 21, 2013 9:10 AM

Sep 2013
I didn't experience this as a happy episode at all. The hug was nice, but I think it would have been so much nicer if the girl just asked Tomoko if she wanted to hang out or something. Why did she put that costume on? Now I get the feeling that nothing will change for Tomoko, which I find pretty sad.
Sep 21, 2013 1:46 PM
Jul 2018
the episode was good but not as good as the ones before.i loved the hug part thouh xD.By the way,anyone know when the episode 12 is being aired?
Sep 21, 2013 4:34 PM

Aug 2011
ExAnimeScientia said:
I didn't experience this as a happy episode at all. The hug was nice, but I think it would have been so much nicer if the girl just asked Tomoko if she wanted to hang out or something. Why did she put that costume on? Now I get the feeling that nothing will change for Tomoko, which I find pretty sad.

It was foreshadowed throughout the episode why she put it on. Whenever she approached Tomoko, she'd freak out, mumble something and run away. Putting on the costume was a way to make her feel comfortable.

That being said, automatic best character of the show right there.

Sep 21, 2013 11:12 PM

Feb 2013
This was a pretty heart-warming episode... at least for this series.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Need help identifying a song

XeroBeat - 8 hours ago

1 by CatChud »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2013

240 by Thnikkakid »»
Apr 11, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

201 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 11, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2013

377 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

rederoin - Jul 8, 2013

653 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.