Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 8, 2013 5:47 AM

Sep 2007
I just realised that it's been almost 3 years since the film came out! Surely we're due another hit soon?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 8, 2013 5:52 AM

Jul 2008
Yes, please. That would be nice.
Sep 8, 2013 5:52 AM

Jan 2013
Hopefully never. And hopefully Kyoto Animation studio burns down.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Sep 8, 2013 5:53 AM

Apr 2013
Probably won't happen.
an egomaniac and a fool

Sep 8, 2013 5:57 AM

Apr 2013
Jax said:
I just realised that it's been almost 3 years since the film came out! Surely we're due another hit soon?

No material to work on , I think .
But I'd like to see another season , she's addicting.
She's carefree , she is funny and it's entertaining . Nothing is more relaxing than seeing someone having theyr way and not anyone else's .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Sep 8, 2013 5:58 AM

Sep 2007
LevailRenn said:
Probably won't happen.

Why not? Isn't Haruhi one of the few anime that makes money around the world?

FluffyFlesh said:
Jax said:

I'm pretty sure there's about 4 or 5 books to work from?
Sep 8, 2013 6:08 AM

Nov 2012
MajinSaga said:

moe hater detected
Sep 8, 2013 6:09 AM
Apr 2013
No
Sep 8, 2013 6:11 AM

Apr 2012
Kuro_Kishi said:
MajinSaga said:

moe hater detected

Its not like I hate Moe as long as it does not get the main point of the anime. Its supposed to be the topping not the base.
Sep 8, 2013 6:12 AM

Aug 2012
That show sucks, and so does the movie. I cannot fathom why people like this shit.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Sep 8, 2013 6:20 AM

Jul 2012
could it possibly work without aya hirano?
i don't know everything
i just know what i know...
Sep 8, 2013 6:24 AM

Apr 2013
9tailjeza said:

Just as much as Mikazuki Yozora without Marina Inoue/Whitney Rodgers.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Sep 8, 2013 6:25 AM

Aug 2009
MajinSaga said:

+1

Haven't enjoyed a damn thing from them since FMP

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 8, 2013 6:27 AM

Aug 2012
FluffyFlesh said:
9tailjeza said:

Who are these people
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Sep 8, 2013 6:30 AM
Jul 2018
Koryo-chan said:
FluffyFlesh said:
9tailjeza said:

Who are these people

Mikazuki Yozora from Haganai, her japanese voice actress Marina Inoue and english dub voice actress Whitney Rodgers.
Sep 8, 2013 6:32 AM

Nov 2012
what, Haganai actually got dubbed @@
Sep 8, 2013 6:35 AM

May 2013
Can't understand the hate. Not like anyone forces you to watch it.
Sep 8, 2013 6:36 AM

Apr 2012
baki502 said:
Kuro_Kishi said:
MajinSaga said:

moe hater detected

Its not like I hate Moe as long as it does not get the main point of the anime. Its supposed to be the topping not the base.
But can you really say that the "moe" is the focus of any of KyoAni's shows other than K-On! and I suppose Tamako Market (and I would argue that it doesn't even apply to K-On!, but let's not start that argument)?

Just because all of the characters are usually drawn in a "moe" style doesn't make a show about it.

Heck, I don't even get what people really mean when they say that "moe is the point of the show" and I've seen quite a lot of them.
FlameWingman21 said:
Same here.

Like the people saying KyoAni should "burn down"; seriously?

If you don't like their shows, then don't fucking watch them. No need to wish for the demise of an entire company and its employees just because their shows don't suit your tastes.

Sep 8, 2013 6:39 AM

Dec 2011
Jax said:
LevailRenn said:
Probably won't happen.

Why not? Isn't Haruhi one of the few anime that makes money around the world?

FluffyFlesh said:
Jax said:

I'm pretty sure there's about 4 or 5 books to work from?

All of volumes 7-11, and parts of volumes 5 and 6. That should be more than enough to do a series from.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 8, 2013 6:40 AM

Jun 2012
Settle down m8. Kyoani is busy releasing a few more masterpieces this fall. They will get back to Haruhi soon.

They are saving the industry one anime at a time.
Sep 8, 2013 6:41 AM

Aug 2011
baki502 said:
Kuro_Kishi said:
MajinSaga said:

moe hater detected

Don't watch those shows with moe as the main selling point then, simple.
Sep 8, 2013 6:58 AM

Jul 2008
So much hatred.
Sep 8, 2013 7:04 AM

Dec 2012
Kuro_Kishi said:

The dubs not as good
Sep 8, 2013 7:06 AM

Apr 2012
AndyRayy said:
baki502 said:
Kuro_Kishi said:
MajinSaga said:

moe hater detected

But can you really say that the "moe" is the focus of any of KyoAni's shows other than K-On! and I suppose Tamako Market (and I would argue that it doesn't even apply to K-On!, but let's not start that argument)?

Just because all of the characters are usually drawn in a "moe" style doesn't make a show about it.

Heck, I don't even get what people really mean when they say that "moe is the point of the show" and I've seen quite a lot of them.
FlameWingman21 said:
Same here.

If you don't like their shows, then don't fucking watch them. No need to wish for the demise of an entire company and its employees just because their shows don't suit your tastes.

Actually its logical to wish their doom if you dont like their work, cause if they go down the gutter less competition and maybe a other studio has the possibility to make more profit and have a higher budget and make other anime that may suit my tastes.
Sep 8, 2013 7:07 AM

Apr 2013
Objurgo said:
Kuro_Kishi said:

The dubs not as good

But it's still good.
Sep 8, 2013 7:09 AM

Nov 2011
AndyRayy said:

I think only the people who hate on cutesy shows know the meaning of it.

It must be some secret code-word/phrase shared only among themselves.

Don't you understand? If somebody makes something you don't like, they should lose their job!

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 8, 2013 7:14 AM

Apr 2013
baki502 said:
AndyRayy said:
baki502 said:
Kuro_Kishi said:
MajinSaga said:

moe hater detected

FlameWingman21 said:
Same here.

Actually its logical to wish their doom if you dont like their work, cause if they go down the gutter less competition and maybe a other studio has the possibility to make more profit and have a higher budget and make other anime that may suit my tastes.

You sound like those retarded costumers who take revenge on cashiers for something that they are not guilty of , instead of complain to the managers aka those who can do something.
Undeserved hatred , man , I ........cant stand it. It's like it's the doctors fault because a son that consumed beer untill he entered a comma died , even thou' he tried to create a miracle "it's his fault , he killed it". Doctors are murderers , burn them alive!
Sep 8, 2013 7:16 AM

Nov 2011
baki502 said:

Thats not how the industry works.

Not to mention how incredible selfish it is to wish that upon the employees of Kyoani.
Kyoani makes less than 1 anime per season, on average. That is less than 2,5% of all anime that get aired on tv. They do make high-selling shows, but they don't exactly make a lot of anime, compared to other studios.

Want to see more anime you like? Actually import anime from Japan. Whining on a forum isn't going to change anything.

Sep 8, 2013 7:21 AM

Aug 2012
9tailjeza said:
Yes, because the Haruhi dub was brilliant.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Sep 8, 2013 7:28 AM

Jan 2013
please .... been asking this since like ... forever?
Sep 8, 2013 7:29 AM

Apr 2013
Your avatar says it all.
Sep 8, 2013 7:32 AM

Jan 2013
Look at dat expression, she's annoyed that the fact season 3 is nowhere in sight ..
Sep 8, 2013 7:35 AM

Apr 2013
Hase0 said:
Look at dat expression, she's annoyed that the fact season 3 is nowhere in sight ..

She's cute thou' .
Sep 8, 2013 7:46 AM

Feb 2013
I can see where this thread is going.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Sep 8, 2013 7:52 AM

Sep 2011
MajinSaga said:
hey hey HEY.....let them sell off full metal panic back to the creator first, then the fuckers can burn

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 8, 2013 9:02 AM

Jul 2013
yes we need more
Sep 8, 2013 9:05 AM

Apr 2013
sherlock5545 said:

Dont worry , ignore the haters , when you do that it's similar to spit in theyr face because all they want is attention when they express theyr hatred towards this anime.
Sep 8, 2013 9:06 AM

Sep 2011
FluffyFlesh said:
sherlock5545 said:

Dont worry , ignore the haters , when you do that it's similar to spit in theyr face because all they want is attention when they express theyr hatred towards this anime.
The word haters, whenever uttered the average IQ of the world decreases

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 8, 2013 9:07 AM

Nov 2008
With all the controversy with Aya Hirano (Haruhi's CV) and also the original light novel actually went downhill, I don't think we would get another season or movie anytime soon or never....

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sep 8, 2013 9:11 AM

Apr 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
FluffyFlesh said:
sherlock5545 said:

The word haters, whenever uttered the average IQ of the world decreases

Well , I use it whenever someone says it hates the anime without expressing the reason and when you dont like an anime you cant call those people "dislikers" do you?
Perharps in your eyes I'm a criminal because I liked both HSnY and FMP....
FluffyFleshSep 8, 2013 9:14 AM
Sep 8, 2013 9:11 AM

Nov 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
MajinSaga said:
hey hey HEY.....let them sell off full metal panic back to the creator first, then the fuckers can burn

Even if that happened, that wouldn't mean we get another season of FMP.

Sep 8, 2013 9:12 AM

Sep 2011
LOL the hate is strong in this thread.
Sep 8, 2013 9:14 AM

Aug 2013
No, hopefully not. It can stay gone.
This "new era" they talk about is a load of shit. The age where pirates dream is over!? THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?! — Marshall D. Teach
Sep 8, 2013 9:22 AM

May 2013
baki502 said:

That's crazy thought. Ask your favorite studio to make good anime that's better and can sell more than that "moe shit".
Sep 8, 2013 9:32 AM
Mar 2013
I would like another season of Haruhi the movie was incredible. However it would be better if Kyoto Animation made another season of Full Metal Panic because it needs an ending SO BAD!
Sep 8, 2013 9:59 AM

Mar 2013
yes i loved haruhi. i just love the randomness of it and how crazy haruhi is. i also hope that if a third season gets made someone will buy the license to the haruhi franchise so they can go back to selling the dvds here in north america
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Sep 8, 2013 10:01 AM

Aug 2012
MajinSaga said:

Not until they made another season of Nichijou.
Sep 8, 2013 10:02 AM

Feb 2013
Just go read The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan, it's a spin-off manga
Sep 8, 2013 10:03 AM

Aug 2013
MajinSaga said:
Sep 8, 2013 10:08 AM

Sep 2012
I don't see why people lable Haruhi as "moe" along with stuff like K-On. It has an actual plot, it's a blend of supernatural, mystery, comedy and school, and Kyon is a unique MC. There's nothing generic about it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

535 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:07 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.