Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2009 1:43 PM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Subs are out
http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=HXSXZF1U

This turned out to be more hillarious then I thought it would xD
Gourry's a player!

MELODRAMA!
muldermanFeb 3, 2009 3:03 PM
Feb 3, 2009 5:02 PM

Oct 2007
subs can also be found at my ftp
http://users.telenet.be/ze/

will keep them online till the show is complete or something
Feb 4, 2009 9:05 AM

Jan 2009
Although it wasn't the main line, that was a really funny melodrama! 5/5 ))))))))))
Standing for Truth. Standing for Justice. Standing Around.
Feb 4, 2009 12:21 PM
Jun 2007
Bizarre episode is Bizarre. I expected something terrible and got this instead. can't say I particularly liked the episode but I did get a good laugh towards the end when all these ridiculous scenarios rolled out. xD

I can't wait for episode 5 since Xellos is finally back (but where's Wizer? ;_;). not to mention that Zuuma will be back in the picture again. oddly enough, since the plot will resume next episode, there might not be a Trap Gourry this season. D:

EDIT: links for subbed episodes' 1 & 2 are on /rs/. has anybody seen them yet? is the quality of the video better than the raws?
avrcFeb 4, 2009 2:39 PM
Feb 5, 2009 11:50 AM

Aug 2008

Seriously, what the fuck was that?! Condensate melodrama. With fishes. At first it was pretty much annoying but later rather amusing ^^ Crazy episode.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 5, 2009 2:37 PM

Nov 2008
Well, that was one crazy episode. Almost as strange towards the end as episode 15 from Try. It was pretty funny though, so I guess it was worth the watch.

Here's to hoping that next episode really does get back on track with the plot. Either way, it'll be nice to see Xellos appear again. :D
Feb 8, 2009 12:22 PM

Apr 2008
This episode is crazy. I would rather want to see the main story.

I can't remember very well. Can anyone tell me if Gourry was that stupid in the first 3 seasons too?
Feb 9, 2009 12:43 AM

Apr 2007
Yeah, he was empty-headed except for the occasional smart line out of nowhere.

Man, this and episode 2 were hilarious but this one was the funniest. All the melodramatic things at the end made me laugh so hard! Hahah, oh so much fun! I cant wait for episode 5 though since Xellos is back and the plot will be moving forward.

Still, I wonder why Amelia hasnt mentioned that Nama was lying about the jar since she found that out last episode? Maybe she doesnt want to start a fight...
Blergh.
Feb 9, 2009 6:44 AM

Jun 2007
WaterLily said:

I can't remember very well. Can anyone tell me if Gourry was that stupid in the first 3 seasons too?

The scary thing is, he's been pretty smart so far. (well for as smart as he can be)
Feb 10, 2009 4:59 AM
Nov 2008
damn funny episode!! rofl
Feb 10, 2009 6:59 PM

Jul 2008
Wow. Just wow. I'm surprised to say that this episode was too random for me. I felt like some of the jokes fell flat (I've seen them several times before, including on Slayers) and other came so far out of left field that they lacked impact. Several of the characters continue to differ from the ideas I have about them. This episode made me seriously consider dropping the series, because it contains most of what I do not like about this version of Slayers. I'll watch at least the next episode though.

I don't think it's just that I'm getting older and my tastes are changing, though. I mean, I rewatched the begining of Slayers a few months ago and still liked it, just not quite as much as I originally did.
Feb 11, 2009 2:26 AM

Jun 2007
Its just nostalgia talking, a sequel to an old series will never be as good in the eyes of many people.

The plot starts to pick up from the next episode though. So it'll be less random comedy fillers
Feb 11, 2009 5:30 PM

Apr 2008
mulderman said:
WaterLily said:

The scary thing is, he's been pretty smart so far. (well for as smart as he can be)

Thanks.

I agree with what bubblehead said. Slayers Revolution and this season seem different from what I remember from the first 3 that I watched many years ago. I like the previous seasons better.
WaterLilyFeb 12, 2009 5:33 PM
Feb 12, 2009 7:00 AM
Feb 2009
probably lack of exposure to the sword of light let him regenerate some brain matter lol
Mar 16, 2009 11:29 AM

Jan 2008
This was an absolutely terrible episode. God awful. I couldn't stand even a second of it. There was only one scene in the entire episode that I remotely liked, and that was when Lina asked Gourry (who wasn't there) for his roast beef. It reminded me of Slayers NEXT. Remember Slayers NEXT? The GOOD season.

This episode was enough for me to drop this series like a radioactive hot potato, and make it a 1/10. This is also the first time I've ever given a show a 1/5 for an episode. But I can't drop this series. Wanna know why? Because Xellos is in the next episode. That's the only reason I'm going to give this one more try. Sweet, sweet Xellos.

And to those of you how gave this more than 3, you need your heads examined. -_-
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jun 22, 2009 8:28 PM

Dec 2008
Best of all the filler episodes. Fuck you haters, this is just awesome random fun.
Jun 27, 2010 10:22 AM

Mar 2008
Talvi said:
Best of all the filler episodes. Fuck you haters, this is just awesome random fun.

QUOTE FOR TRUTH

I frickin' loved this episode.
Aug 2, 2010 11:45 PM

May 2007
Probably the best episode of the series, along with the 3rd one.
Great parody of melodramas XD
I was expecting there'd be a whole crew shooting a movie or something XD

I have to say, I love these random fillers a whole lot more than the main storyline XD
And from time to time they remind me why I love the Slayers-universe so much :)
'I think of my fellow men from the Shieikan as my lifelong comrades. My most proud and precious good fortune has been to have met all of you, Soji.' [Yamanami Keisuke, vice-commander, Shinsengumi]
Sep 3, 2011 8:29 PM

Dec 2009
The episodes with the fish-people are always whack lol but this one was hilarious, especially when all the melodrama started developing, lol!!!
Feb 4, 2012 10:38 PM

Jul 2007
Finally we get back to the story, damn! I wish this season would just stay to the story, like it did the first season of slayers evolution. These last 4 episodes were pretty average and this one put me to sleep.

May 17, 2012 7:13 AM

Jan 2009
What the hell did I just watch?
Jul 4, 2012 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, talk about taking a joke too far? That was making me laugh at loud for a while until it just got insane. Overall, Slayers has some awesum filler. xD

Zel just going along with everything...He always manages to be such a victim. (I hope Nama/Naga stays along until the end. I really did miss her. <3)
Sep 30, 2012 10:46 PM

Aug 2009
coriyaki said:
Talvi said:

QUOTE FOR TRUTH

I frickin' loved this episode.

QFT * 2

Especially loved the english Dub's in this one. Zel'Gadis especially: "Dont touch me there." and: fish-mother: "Zel'Gadis is actually your brother!" Lina: "IS this true?!! Zel'gadis: "I dunno...could be."

But yeah, nostalgia forgives some mistakes these new show's do.
Mar 1, 2013 6:19 PM

Jan 2011
Well I thought this was pretty good--particularly when Lina tried to say that Gourry was just her bodyguard, was met with that long soulful look and started blushing.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 17, 2013 1:54 PM

Jan 2013
Oh man same old same old. It's like a re-watch of the previous episode where she said the same xD.

It turned out at the end to be fun and totally random xD.
Jul 18, 2015 7:10 AM

Jul 2014
rodac said:
Well I thought this was pretty good--particularly when Lina tried to say that Gourry was just her bodyguard, was met with that long soulful look and started blushing.
That was really great, and the Naga ruined everything :D

Overall a quite good episode :-) And finally Xellos in next one :-)
Mar 24, 2017 7:28 PM

Aug 2015
Not a bad episode; I'm probably going to like the filler content better than the main plot when all is said and done.

Slayers Try is really looking good to me now.
Feb 12, 2021 5:20 PM

Nov 2016
Ok, this was hilarious melodrama. I love it when this series goes crazy and some of the stuff in this episode was simply finest weirdness.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 17, 2021 8:34 AM

Apr 2013
Definitely one of the worst Slayers episodes ever, this season doesn't seem to get better :<
Oct 30, 2021 10:51 AM

Oct 2020
Probably the worst Slayers episode I've seen. Of course, since this is the worst one, there will be people saying it's the best.

More topics from this board

» Any Chance of a new remake/remade season??

kutchero - Jan 19, 2023

2 by boqjyb-Bofrux-mi »»
Apr 13, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Slayers Evolution-R Episode 10 Discussion

MariosX - Mar 16, 2009

15 by sketchy12 »»
Apr 6, 2023 4:13 PM

Poll: » Slayers Evolution-R Episode 13 Discussion

avrc - Apr 6, 2009

41 by wildhood »»
Feb 11, 2023 9:55 AM

» Nama = Naga?

Anakat_sama - Jun 6, 2017

2 by SlayerGoury »»
Nov 7, 2021 8:59 AM

Poll: » Slayers Evolution-R Episode 1 Discussion

Iri - Jan 11, 2009

35 by Etcetera- »»
Oct 28, 2021 6:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.