Forum Settings
Forums

What is your favourite Shounen Jump Anime/Manga?

New
The Best Shounen Jump serie
Dragon Ball
4.8%
Naruto
10.7%
Bleach
3.1%
One Piece
22.5%
Hunter x Hunter
18.8%
Death Note
8.7%
Rurouni Kenshin
2.0%
Beelzebub
1.3%
D Gray Man
1.3%
Toriko
0.6%
Gintama
10.7%
YuYu Hakusho
2.2%
Bakuman
2.0%
Yu-gi-oh
1.3%
Medaka Box
0.7%
Kuroko no Basket
2.0%
Others
7.4%
543 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 6, 2014 4:11 PM

Apr 2011
CeeTwo said:
And if you scroll down wikipedia there are hundreds of sources, citations, and references.

If you wanna compare, do it right :)

It's not technical, it's common sense, what's "continuous" in that sense? 20 seconds is still continuous, and it's still filler.

I'll throw you a bone and assume continuous is multiple 100% filler episodes, how does that change the fact that the intermittent 20 seconds are still filler?

@tsudecimo this is a forum, I come here to discuss, not to be cynical like you :)

it's you who's in the wrong place ;)

Filler is a continuous serial. If you don't understand the difference, then that's that. Can drag a horse to water, but can't make it drink, right?

Also, every single CITATION, SOURCE, AND REFERENCE... each article and work that is a "source" is DONE BY SOMEONE. >.>

It is technical. 20 seconds is not considered filler. 20 minutes IS. I'm willing to concede to One Piece having excessive padding, which is the general complaint you seem to have. That being said, you are using the WRONG TERMINOLOGY. As such, you are WRONG. If you just said "One Piece has excessive padding" which is basically almost the same, then you'd be RIGHT. But by using the word filler instead, you are WRONG. There is that BIG a difference.

Last paragraph on the TV Tropes Padding article:

"Compare with Filler, which is when whole episodes/issues/whatever else in a continuity-based serial applies this principle."
Jan 6, 2014 4:14 PM

Nov 2010
tsudecimo said:
Must every topic that involves Shoune and one piece get turned into a never ending argument between CeeTwo and Dark angle. Why not just ignore each other, it's not like you will agree on something EVER.
True that, it takes a long time to scroll through too.

@DarkAngelz - It's time to learn that there are some people you just ignore because they will never listen to reason.
Jan 6, 2014 4:20 PM
Aug 2013
done by someone but always refers to an evidential facts... I'm referring to scientific articles and others that require this type of objectivity (since you were throwing wikipedia like a valid comparison source)

if you're referring to, say "paul walker" wikipedia page, then yeah it can also be edited by anyone and can be subjective.

Furthermore: the tvtropes pages are some sort of a discussion, so it's different. You can see a "subcomment" of people going "but/additionally/however"

No. 20 seconds is just an example. in total, out of 20 minutes, you get 10m filler. on average, excluding the recap.

So that's a minimum of 300 episodes of fillers out of 600 ;)

To summarize: there are two breeds of filler, episodic and immersed, the latter being used by toei most (dbz, one piece)
CeeTwoJan 6, 2014 4:27 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2014 4:28 PM

Apr 2011
CeeTwo said:
done by someone but always refers to an evidential facts... I'm referring to scientific articles and others that require this type of objectivity (since you were throwing wikipedia like a valid comparison source)

if you're referring to say "paul walker" wikipedia page, then yeah it can also be edited by anyone and can be subjective.

Furthermore: the tvtropes pages are some sort of a discussion, so it's different. You can see a "subcomment" of people going "but/additionally/however"

No. 20 seconds is just an example. in total, out of 20 minutes, you get 10m filler. on average, excluding the recap.

So that's a minimum of 300 episodes of fillers out of 600 ;)

... scientific articles that require this objectivity? Do you realize that NOTHING is objective? Every SINGLE thing in this universe is filled to the brim with bias. Even facts are skewered. The sky is up and the ground is down? I weight 110 pounds? I own this desktop? It's all subjective and interpretation. The sky being up is relative. Just because our heads are on our necks, doesn't mean the sky is "up". We consider our heads the "top" when in reality, our feet may be the top! We label things and create a system where our heads are the top of our bodies, and the sky is "above" our heads but TECHNICALLY if our feet are CONSIDERED the top of the body, then the ground is above the feet and the sky is below us. I may think I weight 110 pounds, but in reality no scale is accurate. I'd be 110.000000000~~~~~~00000~~~~ pounds if even that. I own this desktop? Did I myself pay for it? FACTS ARE FACTS, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S FOOL PROOF OR OBJECTIVE. >.>

(Yes I took these examples to an extreme that may or may not make sense to you.)

EDIT: TVtropes is the most straightforward article I could find within the time restraints I had.

You get 10minutes of filler? 1. Nope. 2. There MAY be 10 minutes worth of PADDING (which is false) in each episode, not 10 minutes of FILLER.

I've already done my best to explain to you the difference. I've even conceded that One Piece is KNOWN for having excessive PADDING. If you are unsatisfied with this concession, and lack the desire to dance upon that triumphant moment of One Piece failure being acknowledged... well then... good for you.
DarkAngelzJan 6, 2014 4:31 PM
Jan 6, 2014 4:31 PM
Aug 2013
Umm.. No.
What? Nothing objective?

Ahh nevermind
Let's drop it

Anyway does anyone think Oda copied Kishimoto? Cant help but feel it, op feels like a replica.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2014 4:34 PM

Apr 2011
CeeTwo said:
Umm.. No.
What? Nothing objective?

Ahh nevermind
Let's drop it

Anyway does anyone think Oda copied Kishimoto? Cant help but feel it, op feels like a replica.

Oda's work was published first. That may or may not be relevant depending on what specifically you are referring to. If OP as an entirety feels identical to Naruto... then it is the OPPOSITE. OP came first so NARUTO would be the copy. (if the accusation = entirety) If you're talking about several scenes... then you'd need to find the chapter release dates, which is simple. Just tell me the scenes they both share and I'll look it up. If you're right and have a point, then good for you. Just mention the scene and I'll look it up. :3

--

Also, I THINK I've seen claims of HxH vs Naruto copying. Might be wrong. Gonna look more into that...
Jan 6, 2014 4:36 PM
Aug 2013
OP came first? How do you know for sure?

What's hxh got to do with it?
Jan 6, 2014 4:37 PM

Apr 2011
Don't know who's the victim or the culprit with this... don't really care either... but it is interesting :D

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=60930

HxH vs Naruto . Who copied who? (if at all?)
Jan 6, 2014 4:41 PM

Apr 2011
CeeTwo said:
OP came first? How do you know for sure?

What's hxh got to do with it?

OP did come out first... 97 vs 99 I think it was. Even if the information on this database were inaccurate, all you'd have to do is do the math.

Both Naruto and One Piece are weekly series. They both have just about the same number of breaks per year. One Piece has more chapters than Naruto... A LOT MORE chapters actually... so... it's only logical to assume OP came out first.

This is of course if you ignored the Database's information that should be as accurate as possible.... >.>

--
The reason I brought in Naruto vs HxH is because you accused OP of being a rip off of Naruto. I don't see the similarities, and whatever there may be OP came first.

Accepted Accusations:
Fairy Tail ripped off One Piece
Naruto ripped (MAYBE) off HxH

I think at one point I checked the dates for some of the stuff. The HxH chapters I THINK came out before the Naruto chapters. See, if it's the entire manga that's copied, then whichever came out first matters. If we're talking specific plot developments, then the time of these developments matter.

EDIT: I only recently realized how fail the Naruto/Sakura/Sasuke relationship is. I was watching Slam Dunk and the relationship between Hanamichi/girl's name forgot/Rukawa is almost exactly the same. LMAO.

Anyway, you can TECHNICALLY claim One Piece ripped off practically every fable out there... so *shrug*
Jan 6, 2014 4:44 PM
Aug 2013
Yes but there is no proof it came out first and even if it did it can still copy from nauruto
Is being released in 97 suposed to mean something?
Jan 6, 2014 4:45 PM

Aug 2012
JD2411 said:
Worst: One Piece

You can say you don't like One Piece, but saying One Piece is the worst anime made by Shounen Jump is not a matter of opinion, it is simply a false statement. One Piece made the most sales in manga, it is, at the very least, their best-seller, and a best-seller can't be the worse anime ever made by a company.
Jan 6, 2014 4:47 PM
Aug 2013
To be fair twilight was best seller xD
Jan 6, 2014 4:48 PM
Aug 2013
Cupquake said:
CeeTwo said:
Yes but there is no proof it came out first and even if it did it can still copy from nauruto

lol ur an idiot

No seriously darkangelz opened my eyes xD
There are no facts in this world, so my claim is as valid as it's be otherwise

But see dark? I made you inadvertendtly prove my point, you started mentioning facts opposing claims XD

So I guess deep down you know im right about fillers :)

Reverse psychology does wonders
Jan 6, 2014 4:50 PM

Apr 2011
CeeTwo said:
Cupquake said:
CeeTwo said:

lol ur an idiot

No seriously darkangelz opened my eyes xD
There are no facts in this world, so my claim is as valid as it's be otherwise

Hehe. Now, though there are no TRUE facts... mwahahahaha... there are still ACCEPTED facts. These ACCEPTED FACTS are which we live from. Thus, One Piece's 97 release and Naruto's latter release... are ACCEPTED as VALID and thus will be used as such.
Jan 6, 2014 4:55 PM

Aug 2012
lupadim said:
JD2411 said:

You can say you don't like One Piece, but saying One Piece is the worst anime made by Shounen Jump is not a matter of opinion, it is simply a false statement. One Piece made the most sales in manga, it is, at the very least, their best-seller, and a best-seller can't be the worse anime ever made by a company.

BTW

One Piece is the best in my opinion
Jan 6, 2014 6:45 PM

Sep 2011
Wakasama said:
JD2411 said:

Haven't seen others

shut the hell up idiot you only watched 7 episodes -_-
yah he is in the wrong to judge that after seeing virtually nothing but calling jim and idiot and telling him to shut up is uncalled for and immature

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 6, 2014 6:50 PM
Nov 2013
JD2411 said:

According to the poll, people seem to disagree. I don't like to defend OP, because for me is the worst as well, but it's very popular and a lot of people claims to be a masterpiece. Anyway, for me is Death Note.
Jan 6, 2014 6:52 PM

Nov 2012
NotJizzyHitler said:
Wakasama said:
JD2411 said:

Haven't seen others

yah he is in the wrong to judge that after seeing virtually nothing but calling jim and idiot and telling him to shut up is uncalled for and immature
I guess I went too far, but I just hate the lack of logic in some posts.
Jan 6, 2014 6:54 PM

Aug 2013
Not watched much SJ series so would have to go with Bleach
Jan 6, 2014 7:12 PM

Jul 2012
No surprises seeing OP on top.
Though seeing HxH in second place is a surprise(I was expecting Naruto or Bleach because of number of fans).
MangaList | AnimeList
"I don't enjoy killing, but when done righteously, it's just a chore, like any other." -Joshua Graham
Jan 6, 2014 7:59 PM

Aug 2013
Mixture of Naruto/Reborn/Yugioh
Jan 6, 2014 8:08 PM

Jan 2013
D-R-A-G-O-N B-A-L-L
Jan 6, 2014 8:08 PM

Jan 2013
Others (your vote)
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jan 6, 2014 8:26 PM

Jan 2014
This is besides the point, but I'm constantly surprised that Toriko is not more popular granted that it has had multiple crossovers with OP and one with DBZ. WSJ also seems to advertise it a lot.
I haven't watched it yet (plan to) because the food premise didn't really draw me in, but I've learned not to judge by superficial attributes; something a lot of people are yet to learn.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 6, 2014 8:37 PM

Nov 2010
RedRoseFring said:
This is besides the point, but I'm constantly surprised that Toriko is not more popular granted that it has had multiple crossovers with OP and one with DBZ. WSJ also seems to advertise it a lot.
I haven't watched it yet (plan to) because the food premise didn't really draw me in, but I've learned not to judge by superficial attributes; something a lot of people are yet to learn.
Well it's not popular on here but I believe it's ok popular in Japan. I think it's the food premise, muscly and older characters, and the art that throws people off.
So far it's a very fun anime, it's not too serious yet, and has a wackier world than One Piece.
Jan 6, 2014 9:22 PM

Jan 2014
One Piece. Too epic.
Jan 7, 2014 12:44 AM

Jul 2013
Gintama is my favourite but i watch all religiously.
Jan 7, 2014 12:53 AM

Jan 2014
As long as there's One Piece, I'd choose One Piece.
Jan 7, 2014 12:55 AM

Jun 2013
Bakuman, then Gintama, then One Piece although OP and Gintama switch places sometimes. Hunter x Hunter is moving up though.
Jan 7, 2014 1:34 AM

Feb 2011
Gintama if that counts, otherwise it's one piece.

Another Sig WIP
Jan 7, 2014 1:38 AM

Sep 2012
in this list i will choose Death Note but i haven't watched all animes in the list
Jan 7, 2014 2:23 AM

Apr 2011
Kawyi said:

Of course Gintama counts, why wouldn't it?
Jan 7, 2014 2:29 AM
May 2012
id go with gintama and beelzebub... the currently ongoing soul catchers looks interesting..
Jan 7, 2014 2:44 AM
Aug 2013
Hunter x Hunter (2011) !!!!!!!!!

It's amazing
Jan 7, 2014 4:04 AM

May 2013
HxH
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 7, 2014 4:21 AM
Mar 2013
Wakasama said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
Wakasama said:
JD2411 said:

Haven't seen others

There isn't a lack of logic

I can't seem to get into One Piece as I could for the others therefore to me it is the worst

At least I tried to watch it
Jan 7, 2014 4:32 AM

Jan 2014
JD2411 said:

I can't seem to get into One Piece as I could for the others therefore to me it is the worst

I see. Can't help it then. I'm sorry I thought you were trolling since none asked about the worst but you intentionally brought it up to mention One Piece...
Jan 7, 2014 4:59 AM

Aug 2012
JD2411 said:
Wakasama said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
Wakasama said:
JD2411 said:

Haven't seen others

It is not the worst anime though, it is simply an anime too complex for you to understand.
Jan 7, 2014 5:26 AM
Nov 2013
lupadim said:
JD2411 said:
Wakasama said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
Wakasama said:
JD2411 said:

Haven't seen others

It is not the worst anime though, it is simply an anime too complex for you to understand.

"Mecha is shit"

Maybe it's too complex for you as well.
Jan 7, 2014 5:34 AM

Jun 2011
wanderingplayboy said:
JD2411 said:

I see. Can't help it then. I'm sorry I thought you were trolling since none asked about the worst but you intentionally brought it up to mention One Piece...

We have someone like that once in a while.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 7, 2014 7:20 AM
Oct 2013
Hunter X Hunter is the best. There is no comparison to something like OP,Naruto,Bleach... As far as the anime goes One Piece is the most popular. Yes. But definitely not the best there is, just people tend not to rate it objectively and ignore its tremendous flaws because they are fans. And I actually like OP very much, it is very entertaining and that's a fact.
Jan 7, 2014 7:22 AM

Aug 2012
Guimend said:
lupadim said:
JD2411 said:
Wakasama said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
Wakasama said:
JD2411 said:

Haven't seen others

"Mecha is shit"

Maybe it's too complex for you as well.

Yeah, I can't stand how stupid it is
Jan 7, 2014 7:26 AM
Aug 2013
How is mecha less complex than shonen?
Or more complex? They're equally simple.
Jan 7, 2014 9:28 AM

Jan 2014
beingrealgg said:
Hunter X Hunter is the best. There is no comparison to something like OP,Naruto,Bleach... As far as the anime goes One Piece is the most popular. Yes. But definitely not the best there is, just people tend not to rate it objectively and ignore its tremendous flaws because they are fans. And I actually like OP very much, it is very entertaining and that's a fact.

Naruto is the best. There is no comparison to something like OP,H x H,Bleach... As far as the anime goes HxH 2011 is very popular. Yes. But definitely not the best there is, just people tend not to rate it objectively and ignore its tremendous flaws because they are fans. And I actually like HxH very much, it is very entertaining and that's a fact.

^Point being, every anime has flaws. Saying "that is a fact" doesn't make people take you seriously.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 7, 2014 9:56 AM

Jan 2008
JD2411 said:
Wakasama said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
Wakasama said:
JD2411 said:

Haven't seen others

One Piece is slow in the beginning, but picks up later on. You have to keep with it if you want to rewarded with the good stuff.

Though I loved it from the beginning.

It's a sharp contrast from like Naruto and Bleach, which start out pretty decent but get shitter as time goes on.
Jan 7, 2014 10:00 AM

Sep 2011
yhunata said:
Kawyi said:

Of course Gintama counts, why wouldn't it?
because its horrendous in every way

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 7, 2014 10:08 AM
Nov 2013
Imperial_Thunder said:
JD2411 said:
Wakasama said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
Wakasama said:
JD2411 said:

Haven't seen others

One Piece is slow in the beginning, but picks up later on. You have to keep with it if you want to rewarded with the good stuff.

It's a sharp contrast from like Naruto and Bleach, which start out pretty decent but get shitter as time goes on.

Please, tell me what's the "beginning" of One Piece. I really want to know, because I watched 137 episodes and it was no good. And I think I will give it another chance. Well, I dropped Naruto Shippuden as well, the anime is a very bad adaptation, but the manga is not good anyway.
Jan 7, 2014 10:11 AM

Aug 2012
Guimend said:
Imperial_Thunder said:
JD2411 said:
Wakasama said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
Wakasama said:
JD2411 said:

Haven't seen others

Please, tell me what's the "beginning" of One Piece. I really want to know, because I watched 137 episodes and it was no good. And I thin I will give it another chance. Well, I dropped Naruto Shippuden as well, the anime is a very bad adaptation, but the manga is not good anyway.

If you watched 137 episodes and it was no good, don't bother watching it. It is not for you. The beginning is around CP-9 arc, which is past 200 episodes if I am not mistaken but the style won't change much.

One Piece is pretty much this from 200 and on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn5RiQCjtug
Jan 7, 2014 10:23 AM

Apr 2011
RedRoseFring said:
beingrealgg said:

Naruto is the best. There is no comparison to something like OP,H x H,Bleach... As far as the anime goes HxH 2011 is very popular. Yes. But definitely not the best there is, just people tend not to rate it objectively and ignore its tremendous flaws because they are fans. And I actually like HxH very much, it is very entertaining and that's a fact.

^Point being, every anime has flaws. Saying "that is a fact" doesn't make people take you seriously.

Please tell me, how do you rate an anime "objectively"?
Jan 7, 2014 10:25 AM

Nov 2010
yhunata said:
RedRoseFring said:
beingrealgg said:

Please tell me, how do you rate an anime "objectively"?
He's not saying he does, he's copying the other guy's post. Look at his last line.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Woke Companies Force Japanese Sites to Censor Anime and Manga Content or Shutdown ( 1 2 )

rohan121 - Yesterday

52 by AzafuseKingTora »»
20 seconds ago

» How much time do you spend discussing anime?

RobertBobert - May 6

28 by Cammell »»
25 seconds ago

» Do you think anime has ever negatively impacted someone's life?

tappioca - 6 hours ago

15 by gambino_casino »»
2 minutes ago

» How do you feel when you see your waifu with dude who isn't the MC?

Sanjay63773 - May 8

9 by Cammell »»
2 minutes ago

» Does it bother you to think how much time we burn waiting for new anime?

Zimmu - May 8

32 by Cammell »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.