Forum Settings
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2013 8:37 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I guess Yamaken is still trying harder than ever. Oh shame, he got rejected. ;.; even though he was being honest about his feelings. I admit that took some guts.

I think Haru and Shizuku got back together again. I expected it though.
Aug 28, 2013 8:47 PM

Jul 2012
Yea, they made up WOOT WOOT! This chapter was really heavy on those FEELS, great chapter overall though!!!!
Aug 28, 2013 9:06 PM

Oct 2010
I'm hardly ever satisfied with the manner in which couples make up. Shizuku said that she'd call haru and the first thing she'd do when they meet is apologize to him and convey her feelings. And what happened? She didn't call him, she didn't apologize and she didn't convey her feelings. Instead she rambled on about her insecurities and haru hugged her. He was right, she does have a horrible way of expressing herself.
Aug 28, 2013 9:25 PM

Nov 2012
I am guessing being a love expert didn't help Yamaken at all. Suck to be him.
Nice that Shizuku stayed loyal to Haru all the way.
The way Haru behave this chapter was awesome
jose21Aug 28, 2013 9:36 PM
Aug 28, 2013 9:32 PM

May 2013
Good that they made up. That second volume special was soo funny.
Aug 28, 2013 10:04 PM

Aug 2009
OH MY FUCKING GOD THE WISDOM TEETH.. IM CRYINGGGGGGGGG LMAOOOOO
Aug 28, 2013 10:48 PM

Jun 2013
finally kamaken is rejected by shizuku even though he seemed like the better person for her but she liked haru.i dont understand how haru is so calm about kamaken confessing his love for shizuku or is that just haru trying to play it cool but deep down hes extremely nervous.

cant wait to read the next chapter and is it ending with chapter 45 or 49? ive read some mangas that this site says is completed but are still updating from time to time.is this due to the scanlating groups having a tough time translating so it takes longer to update?
Aug 28, 2013 11:11 PM

Mar 2012
This was a reasonably satisfying chapter, but, though the prevalence of Yamaken was expected, a lessening of his presence would have benefited the quality immensely. As such, the latter half of the chapter, namely Yamaken’s second and well-deserved rejection and, most of all, Haru and Shizuku’s beautiful reconciliation, was a thorough improvement over the Yamaken-infested, needlessly lengthened first half, in which Shizuku was essentially forced to contemplate her inevitable decision, despite initially expressing, for what seemed to be the hundredth time, her inability to accept a confession she’s already dismissed and has no interest in.

Damn; though I was expecting to predictably dislike Yamaken in this chapter (since he‘s a perpetually egotistical jackass), he was considerably more insufferable and delusional than even I could have anticipated. For example, Shizuku logically ridicules his decision to selfishly express feelings that she had previously and decisively rejected by accusing him of being “without a conscience“, primarily due to his childish attempts to ruin the loving relationship she’s currently involved in for his own satisfaction. This is typical, of course, as his arrogance has plagued his characterization since the beginning of the story, but, even when confronted with his pettiness, he simply continues to irritatingly press forward, as though his actions are faultless, manipulating Shizuku’s previously expressed thoughts of friendship as some sort of indication that they’re meant for each other. It was simply pathetic and bizarre.

I might actually have felt the slightest bit of sympathy for Yamaken if he wasn’t so unapologetic with his petty and thoughtless actions. I suppose, for all his purported ingenuity in regards to love, his knowledge didn’t extend to the basic, easily understood realization that all relationships are complex and often complicated. To top it all off, he forced a hug on her, essentially attempting to manipulate her vulnerable emotions yet again with his second plea for her to unrealistically consider his feelings. The rejection itself was pretty damn satisfying, and, at the very least, Yamaken finally accepted the inevitable. Thankfully Haru didn’t have to endure even more pointless anxiety. Following the previous chapter, I was hoping that Yamaken would be partially redeemed in the last few chapters, but I really couldn’t care less now, unless it’s subtly foreshadowed with as little direct involvement from him as possible.

Shizuku, though simply dense and inexperienced in love, had been disappointing me greatly throughout the last dozen or so chapters, largely due to the detached manner in which she approaches her love and her relationship with Haru on occasion. She’s not intentionally thoughtless, of course, but further growth is essential for her. As such, I was hoping that said development would be satisfyingly explored following her momentary separation from Haru, but it still appears that she’s relatively oblivious, especially in comparison to Haru. The final conversation with Haru was definitely a step in the right direction though.

I also love that she never wavered from her feelings for Haru. Even when Yamaken had desperately asked her to mull it over for a day, she immediately began reflecting solely on her relationship with Haru and the complications she so wished to resolve. Haru, on the other hand, has matured immensely throughout the last few chapters. His maturity was beautifully illustrated here, as his characterization has developed in a wonderfully subtle, yet deeply complex fashion. For perhaps the first time, he’s willed himself to relinquish the fear of loneliness and abandonment he inherently possesses, allowing for him to substantially progress the relationship he has with Shizuku by restraining his more volatile reactions to the complications he might not fully understand.

Haru and Shizuku’s reconciliation at the end was certainly the highlight of the chapter (along with the enjoyable bonus chapter that focused on Sasayan and Natsume), as it so poignantly conveyed the love that Haru and Shizuku share. Though their separation was a bit contrived, their relationship continues to develop exceptionally well, particularly in this chapter, as both were effectively compelled to reconcile the particular flaws each had been instilling into their relationship. Haru thoroughly suits Shizuku and, unlike Yamaken, he’ll actually be able to consistently provide a level of surprise and refreshing excitement into their romance, so I’m really looking forward to the inevitable flourishing of their relationship in the final few chapters. Hopefully it doesn’t disappoint.
Lelouch22Aug 28, 2013 11:25 PM
Aug 29, 2013 12:27 AM

Aug 2010
Nice chap. Poor Yamaken, I love the dude but Shizuku is better with Haru.

Thnx Takaya...u have nice taste. I always liked Shizuku with her hair down more :D

The wisdom tooth was soooo lol XD
Aug 29, 2013 7:39 AM

Sep 2012
Good chapter
Poor Yamaken, I really like him, and think that him and Shizuku are a better couple, but it's ok, Haru was very cute in the end.

I want more chapters!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Aug 29, 2013 10:26 AM

Sep 2012
Nice chapter, it would have been better if Shizuku had dumped Haru and gotten together with Yamaken, in my opinion.

Oh well, more Yamaken for me then ;D.
Aug 29, 2013 4:32 PM

Jul 2010
emasika said:
Nice chapter, it would have been better if Shizuku had dumped Haru and gotten together with Yamaken, in my opinion.

Oh well, more Yamaken for me then ;D.

Yeah Yamaken is yours!!
Aug 29, 2013 4:41 PM

Jul 2010
I love this chapter can't believe it took her this long ,Shizuku to check her voice mail.
Felt bad for Yamaken ,dude did not quit .seeing him rejected hurts but dude gots too know by now .
Haru o ly has eyes for Shizuku and I am glad that Shizuku is faithful girlfriend to him,( finally someone who isn't a whore)

Anyways Shizuku letting that weight off her back was funny.
And the manga extras were funny too.
Aug 29, 2013 5:50 PM

Jun 2013
RosyXkid said:
I love this chapter can't believe it took her this long ,Shizuku to check her voice mail.
Felt bad for Yamaken ,dude did not quit .seeing him rejected hurts but dude gots too know by now .
Haru o ly has eyes for Shizuku and I am glad that Shizuku is faithful girlfriend to him,( finally someone who isn't a whore)

Anyways Shizuku letting that weight off her back was funny.
And the manga extras were funny too.

lol the extra where that girl was talking about getting her wisdom tooth out was the best thing ever.i knew it was going to be a misunderstanding,but it was still funny.i dont remember what page but i remember seeing shizuku taking notes in notepad and their faces when she said he was holding my hand while the doctor took out my wisdom tooth. priceless.
Aug 30, 2013 3:36 AM
Aug 2013
Lelouch22, that's a great summary! enjoyed reading it.

The one thing I don't understand is the people who ship Yamaken x Shizuku. Now I like Yamaken and find him an amusing character but he does not suit Shizuku at all. Most people who ship Yamaken x Shizuku , their reasons tend to be along the lines of...

1. Yamaken gives advice to Shizuku

Really? anyone can give advice. Yamaken's advice is never genuine and always has an ulterior motive to it. He often tries to highlight Haru's flaws.

2. Yamaken is better looking, has blonde hair, is cooler etc

Lol :) But it doesn't explain why he would suit Shizuku does it?

3. Yamaken doesn't hit Shizuku

When Haru did hit Shizuku in the earlier volumes, it was accidental.

4. I don't like Haru, Yamaken is so much better!

Ok so you like Yamaken but why should Shizuku? he has nothing to offer her and he only loves the ideal version of Shizuku in his own mind. Haru has made Shizuku want to change herself for the better and he loves her as she is and as the person she is evolving into. If it were not for Haru, Shizuku would have never opened up to Natsume, Sasayan, Yamaken and the others.

Yamaken likes Shizuku but would only love her if he can change her into his ideal version, the trophy girlfriend that occasionally argues with him. Haru may not be Shizuku's soul mate in the long run but it's certainly not Yamaken.

I have yet to find any compelling reasons as to why Yamaken and Shizuku should be together.

I could point out further reasons why Yamaken does not suit Shizuku but Lelouch22 has covered this quite nicely.
Aug 30, 2013 5:28 AM
Jul 2013
I just can't believe this beatiful manga is ending..
I think there was still a lot to talk about about Haru's family and getting Asako and Sasayan together...
These are all excuses because I don't want it to eeend!
:***(
Aug 30, 2013 3:47 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow Yamaken was so brave :D Even though he got rejected a second time, I'm glad he said he could still be her friend, unlike the first time. And he even got to hug Shizuku. Man this chapter was pretty long, I cracked up so hard when Natsume jumped up from the bush and said that Haru likes animals, not sure what she was trying to say with that, but I laughed even harder when Haru and Sasayan knocked the back of her knees making her fall back into the bush. The comedy in this manga is so great. And lol at Haru saying, "you like that girl?" to Sasayan. Honestly, they're all pretty weird XD

The part with Shizuku telling Haru about her thoughts was also very nice, especially how Haru hugged her and asked if she had anything else to say...and then tears fell out of her eyes. First time seeing her cry! That's how important Haru is to her :) I love this couple so much.

Lastly, I like how we get to see how Sasayan and Natsume became friends, because it was definitely kind of awkward back then when the two arrived first at the batting center and they didn't really know each other well. Oh and Yuu-chan's story about her wisdom tooth was hilarious as well.
Sep 1, 2013 6:15 PM

Nov 2009
Poor Yamaken :( Somehow he looked cool when he said he could still be friends with Shizuku. Shizuku looked really cute with her hair down. And it was a good thing Haru and Shizuku made up.

Reading a chapter on Sasayan's POV was good. I really hope Sasayan and Natsume become more than friends. And Yuu-chan... I actually thought it was the real thing. Their expressions when they found out it was just her wisdom tooth were priceless.

I'll definitely miss this manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2013 2:25 PM

Aug 2011
Lelouch22 said:
Shizuku, though simply dense and inexperienced in love, had been disappointing me greatly throughout the last dozen or so chapters, largely due to the detached manner in which she approaches her love and her relationship with Haru on occasion. She’s not intentionally thoughtless, of course, but further growth is essential for her. As such, I was hoping that said development would be satisfyingly explored following her momentary separation from Haru, but it still appears that she’s relatively oblivious, especially in comparison to Haru. The final conversation with Haru was definitely a step in the right direction though.

I also love that she never wavered from her feelings for Haru. Even when Yamaken had desperately asked her to mull it over for a day, she immediately began reflecting solely on her relationship with Haru and the complications she so wished to resolve. Haru, on the other hand, has matured immensely throughout the last few chapters. His maturity was beautifully illustrated here, as his characterization has developed in a wonderfully subtle, yet deeply complex fashion. For perhaps the first time, he’s willed himself to relinquish the fear of loneliness and abandonment he inherently possesses, allowing for him to substantially progress the relationship he has with Shizuku by restraining his more volatile reactions to the complications he might not fully understand.

I so agree with you in regards to Shizuku's detached demeanor. I first watched the anime and then started on the manga and Shizuku has really frustrated me on several occasions. The back-and-forth was really annoying and I was wondering when she would finally fess up. In this chapter, all I can say is it was worth waiting for. I have always loved Haru and Shizuku's tender moments, but this one was off the charts. I would love to see it animated.

Haru is adorable, I love everything about him. Although I don't dislike Yamaken's character, I think he is a neatly pressed shirt that's overly starched. Shizuku follows the same pattern, which is the reason I could not see them together as a couple. They were too much alike and neither would change or stimulate the other. Haru brings disorder to Shizuku's world and adds some excitement to her otherwise somber life.

You are right, Lelouch22, when you say Shizuku's feelings never wavered for Haru. That is what I loved most about her character; whether or not she admitted to, accepted or demonstrated her feelings for Haru, she remained true to those feelings. There was no indecisiveness, and for me, that's the beauty of this anime/manga series.
Oct 12, 2013 5:08 PM

May 2012
Finally caught up with the latest manga chapter. Poor Yamaken and his unrequited love. At least, he has guts and never gives up. But I really love natsume and sasayan.. hope natsume will finally see Sasayan differently as more than friends..
Oct 18, 2013 2:11 AM

Nov 2007
Oh! Finally resolved things with Haru and Shizura.
I also wanted to have things cleared up with Haru and Yuuzan.
my, my. 4 chapters left. :(
Jul 26, 2014 4:32 PM

Jul 2009
I know its odd to think it when the main couple is settled since the very beginning, but I do think Shizuku and Yamaken would be a good couple, I know it won't happen, he got rejected and all, but some change like that would be nice!
Aug 1, 2014 11:34 AM

Dec 2012
Barion-Zara said:
Nice chap. Poor Yamaken, I love the dude but Shizuku is better with Haru.

Thnx Takaya...u have nice taste. I always liked Shizuku with her hair down more :D

The wisdom tooth was soooo lol XD
Dec 25, 2014 8:09 PM

Jun 2012
Shizuka picked the wrong guy. Yamaken is a much better choice than Haru.
Aug 13, 2015 9:10 AM

Jul 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I guess Yamaken is still trying harder than ever. Oh shame, he got rejected. ;.; even though he was being honest about his feelings. I admit that took some guts.

I think Haru and Shizuku got back together again. I expected it though.
Dec 19, 2015 1:17 AM

May 2014
"I just said it before, I think I suit you more.
I wouldn't make you feel uneasy, nor would I make you worry, and I'd take care of you more.."

Aww.. Yamaken ♥
Dec 24, 2015 4:17 AM

May 2013
Feel bad for Yamaken. I wanted them to get together for a while, but he has 0 chance.
Aug 21, 2020 8:38 PM

Jan 2011
So glad that Shizuka is not a wishy washy girl. She knows Haru is The One and didn’t waver at all when some other dude confessed to her. Instead, she couldn’t get away fast enough to go make up with her man. I love her choice. She and Haru are very much suited in their weirdness (Natsume too) and they’ll have a blast together.

One of the sentiments the mangaka wrote about love in this story is that love will mellow a person. I can see that while Shizuka has become more outgoing, Haru has mellowed. The two are growing together and becoming even more suited to each other.

By the way, people ought to realize that looks are a matter of taste. I honestly find Haru the best looking guy in this manga by far, then Yuuzan and then Shizuka’s brother.
Taylor_elleAug 21, 2020 8:43 PM
Sep 8, 2020 9:49 PM
Feb 2016
What do you think it might have happened if Shizuku met Yamaken before falling in love with Haru? Would she accept Yamaken feelings?
Oct 1, 2020 1:44 PM
Aug 2020
javieraaracenaf said:
What do you think it might have happened if Shizuku met Yamaken before falling in love with Haru? Would she accept Yamaken feelings?

This is such a good question, and one I’ve often asked myself while reading this manga.

I think initially the answer would be yes. Part of Shiziku’s initial struggle with her relationship with and feelings for Haru was that she was concerned being with Haru would take attention away from the thing she loved most, which was studying. I think the idea that Yamaken would not interfere with her studies would naturally have appealed to her.

I don’t think it would have lasted though, and here’s why: being with Yamaken might not have forced her to grow emotionally. With Haru, even though their relationship is a constant struggle and there’s often conflict involved, it forces them both to constantly reevaluate the way they treat each other and the way they express their emotions. I don’t think she would have gotten any of that with Yamaken, and while they may have had a perfectly normal relationship, I don’t think it would have helped Shizuku grow.

But maybe I’ll write an AU fanfic where this happens! Ha...
Oct 1, 2020 3:37 PM
Feb 2016
elleveetee said:
javieraaracenaf said:

This is such a good question, and one I’ve often asked myself while reading this manga.

I think initially the answer would be yes. Part of Shiziku’s initial struggle with her relationship with and feelings for Haru was that she was concerned being with Haru would take attention away from the thing she loved most, which was studying. I think the idea that Yamaken would not interfere with her studies would naturally have appealed to her.

I don’t think it would have lasted though, and here’s why: being with Yamaken might not have forced her to grow emotionally. With Haru, even though their relationship is a constant struggle and there’s often conflict involved, it forces them both to constantly reevaluate the way they treat each other and the way they express their emotions. I don’t think she would have gotten any of that with Yamaken, and while they may have had a perfectly normal relationship, I don’t think it would have helped Shizuku grow.

But maybe I’ll write an AU fanfic where this happens! Ha...

Hi! Thanks for answering me haha, i reaaaaaaally thought a lot about this when i finished reading the manga, and i must admit i would like to see how that relationship would have happened
If you do write a fanfic PLEASE tell me to read it, i need it HAHAHA
Jan 29, 6:51 PM
Apr 2017
Shoujo just must not be for me bc this is annoying. Shizuku just doesn't deserve haru and I stand by that.

I'm pretty sure this is just the female equivalent of shounen power fantasy harems. Shizuku is a terrible mc, that doesn't deserve either love interest, especially not best boy haru.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Chapter 33 Discussion

InfiniteDestiny - Sep 20, 2012

7 by TheOfficialPasta »»
Jan 29, 1:46 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Chapter 30 Discussion

13man18 - Jul 4, 2012

16 by TheOfficialPasta »»
Jan 29, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Chapter 31 Discussion

13man18 - Jul 21, 2012

11 by Melinka »»
Sep 20, 2023 2:01 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Chapter 52 Discussion

Barion-Zara - Jul 26, 2014

42 by waalex11 »»
Sep 18, 2023 8:22 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Chapter 27 Discussion

13man18 - Jun 9, 2012

12 by Melinka »»
Sep 7, 2023 4:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.