Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2009 10:43 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmmm - we're back to having a mysterious flashback as the opening.

Actually, there were lots of new mysteries this episode.

The strangest part of all is that it almost looks as if Ringo is becoming the protagonist - I'm half expecting her suddenly to eat someone's face off soon... LOL
Jan 30, 2009 3:25 PM
Apr 2008
The episode was overall very bland these new so called mysteries even if trying to put ringo into the forefront are useless. im sure that all those things will figure themselves out as simple and easy as the other 'mysteries' in previous ep's.

dissappointing last few ep's except for the re-emergence of big boss
Jan 30, 2009 4:17 PM

Jun 2008
It was a quite nice episode.

Was that Leda in the OP ??
Jan 30, 2009 5:12 PM

Aug 2008
Could anyone tell me what the hell just happened? I mean from 00:00.0 to 23:49.29

kie_ said:
Looked like her. But I don't know how (or when) can that be her
Jan 30, 2009 5:57 PM

Nov 2008
Here's some totally off-the-top-of-my-head speculation:

The robots were human at one time. The earlier versions just had human minds put into robot bodies. The next generation got human appearances instead of just machines. Then came the significantly improved versions like Leda, Dio, Casshern, and Luna. Now Ringo is the latest version - very human like but neither human nor robot.

Why am I speculating this? Because otherwise, why would there be robot "kids"? The robot kids can't "grow up". But if they were kids whose minds were put into robotic bodies in order to save them, then it makes sense.

What are the problems with my theory? Well, for one, there still are some humans around. Why weren't they moved to robot bodies?

Oh well - at least there still are plenty of episodes left to answer the mysteries.
Jan 31, 2009 11:08 AM

Jan 2008
dbaranyi said:
The robots were human at one time. The earlier versions just had human minds put into robot bodies. The next generation got human appearances instead of just machines. Then came the significantly improved versions like Leda, Dio, Casshern, and Luna. Now Ringo is the latest version - very human like but neither human nor robot.

They are not robots. They are the creation of the scientist (cassern's father). the government needed a wepon against the robot armies and forced him to create them from body parts in those pools of red fluid. but instead, it backfired and new enimies were created instead of weapons (Breaker Boss), (Dio).

Cassern and Luna's creation was different. instead of random body parts, The bodies of the scientist's son and his lover (luna) was sacrificed.

There is so much backstory to Cassern, covered by the previous media. And it gets very confusing becuase of alternate universe like storylines.
Jan 31, 2009 1:26 PM

Nov 2008
Datsunvic - Thanks for the backstory, but my attitude towards anime is that I shouldn't have to read or view other media in order to understand what is going on in a particular anime. If none of what you have told us is explained in the anime, or if an equivalent but different explanation isn't provided by the anime, then as far as I am concerned, the anime creators will have failed to tell the story.

But we still have plenty of episodes left for the anime team to give their explanations, so I won't judge them yet.
Jan 31, 2009 3:49 PM

Jan 2009
I don't care, I really liked this episode.

As for the back story.. They actually have been slowly explaining bits and pieces of it this time around, I haven't seen the other previous media, but I know that they did say somewhere that Cassern was infact his makers real son and made into what he is now. It would be nice to know more but we do learn a little bit more of what happened in each episode, really slowly, but I like how it is paced.
Jan 31, 2009 6:37 PM

Feb 2008
it looks like leda took part in an experiment for robots to have kids...and failed probably. this was interesting enough but they added a whole bunch of other stuff that make you go wtf?
Feb 1, 2009 6:59 AM

Dec 2008
many misteries about Leda in this episode.
She was the person in the opening,but who or what was her baby?

She looks stronger than casshern and Dio in the fighting scenes.

I was really moved in the scene where the song faded in "you listen to my heart,listen to my voice,now I see it clearly..."

Im not interested in too much speculations.
In my opinion it ruins the atmosphere of this show
I lean myself back and enjoying this geat piece of anime every episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2009 1:13 PM

Feb 2008
kisami said:
it looks like leda took part in an experiment for robots to have kids...and failed probably. this was interesting enough but they added a whole bunch of other stuff that make you go wtf?

I totally agree! Nevertheless a good episode.
But Im still disappointed.....
Feb 1, 2009 2:03 PM

Aug 2008
Hmmm....I guess this was a good episode?

Back to the striking visuals with the red water. Making me only think of afterbirth and whatnot with the water spewing out of the tower and everything.

Story-wise...I don't get it. So Leda was pregnant, and it failed, and now she has a grudge. Do she and Luna look so similar? I don't think so really. We're back to the question of what is Ringo really. What's the difference between this scientist who created Casshern, Leda and Dio, and Oji (who claims to have made them), and why, if Oji knows who this isl, isn't he saying anything? It's a lot of ridiculous dramatic irony that should have come out by now.
Feb 1, 2009 9:26 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:

Back to the striking visuals with the red water. Making me only think of afterbirth and whatnot with the water spewing out of the tower and everything.

Story-wise...I don't get it. So Leda was pregnant, and it failed, and now she has a grudge. Do she and Luna look so similar? I don't think so really. We're back to the question of what is Ringo really. What's the difference between this scientist who created Casshern, Leda and Dio, and Oji (who claims to have made them), and why, if Oji knows who this isl, isn't he saying anything? It's a lot of ridiculous dramatic irony that should have come out by now.

Leda looks nothing like Luna. Both have different styled hair and different colored hair. Not to mention one looks like a kid and the other an adult. Look at the ED and you will see Luna. The kids say she's beautiful like Luna.

I have a funny feeling that Leda was tricked into thinking her baby died so scientists could experiment on it. Theres also a very very slight chance that Ringo might be Leda's kid. It's very doubtful but it's still a possibility.
Feb 2, 2009 1:49 PM
Dec 2007
Again a great episode, and as expected, Leda is a fantastic character full of remorses and hatred. Really good developments and I'm looking forward to the next episodes, especially considering what they have now found. Will we finally see Luna?

DeathfireD said:
noteDhero said:

Leda looks nothing like Luna. Both have different styled hair and different colored hair. Not to mention one looks like a kid and the other an adult. Look at the ED and you will see Luna. The kids say she's beautiful like Luna.

I have a funny feeling that Leda was tricked into thinking her baby died so scientists could experiment on it. Theres also a very very slight chance that Ringo might be Leda's kid. It's very doubtful but it's still a possibility.

I also thought at some point that Luna could be Leda's child, but it seems not, maybe more like her sister (or the something like that, considering they are organic robots).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 2, 2009 1:53 PM

Aug 2008
DeathfireD said:
noteDhero said:

Sorry, that was a failed attempt at a rhetorical, sarcastic question.
Feb 2, 2009 4:38 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
DeathfireD said:
noteDhero said:

Sorry, that was a failed attempt at a rhetorical, sarcastic question.

ah ic. I thought you where being serious :P.
Feb 3, 2009 8:05 AM

Apr 2007
QUALITY

nice episode, tho
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Feb 5, 2009 4:48 PM

Aug 2008
Cool! Ringo is really very important in the history!
Feb 19, 2009 7:50 PM

Jan 2009
Not much to say here aside from learning Leda was apparently involved in the robot birth experiment, that it failed, and now she's very much bitter that it did. Also it looks like Oji's found the means to save the world. Good for you Oji. Best of luck.
Dec 1, 2009 8:48 PM

Jun 2008
DeathfireD said:
noteDhero said:

I agree with you. Ringo seems to be the first robot baby and that would make her Leda's child. Even there hair look kind of similar if you look at it.
Leda believed in the dream of living like humans having babies but something went wrong and she feels anger and frustration she ever had such dreams. She must think her baby died.
Mar 5, 2010 7:10 PM

Jul 2008
its seems that leda is pissed that she'll never give birth
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jan 10, 2011 7:49 AM

Dec 2008
I should have known Leda would become a berserker. All this madness just because she wants to be the prettiest immortal?
Another sad episode. I cried when the kids went to "sleep."
Sep 16, 2012 2:54 AM

Jul 2008
Leda...interesting, she went nuts after losing her kid.
Sep 21, 2012 1:06 AM
Mar 2009
Whoa, that opening with Leda was really weird. And of course, popped up even more questions.

I'm guessing Ringo fell because her leg cramped up, which would mean...she's humanish?

What the hell. Seems like every episode ends with a sad ending. The kids turning to stone and Ouji staying behind.
Sep 30, 2012 12:15 AM

Oct 2011
that was also an sad/adorable episode;_;....
why am i saying this for every episode...ok im going to stop comenting on this series unlesss its importiant
Apr 13, 2013 8:51 AM

Jan 2012
Monad said:
DeathfireD said:
noteDhero said:

I agree with you. Ringo seems to be the first robot baby and that would make her Leda's child. Even there hair look kind of similar if you look at it.
Leda believed in the dream of living like humans having babies but something went wrong and she feels anger and frustration she ever had such dreams. She must think her baby died.

Yeah I thought the same;) but its more likely that Leda was brain-washed (or maybe even preprogrammed/preset) to believe in the dream by the scientists.
Her story must be very interesting and I would love to see more of it. But I doubt it will be shown. As far most things in this anime are just left where they had shined through- between the lines. It makes me watch every episode twice or more, and the weird part is that I actually enjoy watching it over and over again.

Kvakond said:

kie_ said:
Looked like her. But I don't know how (or when) can that be her

I think that OP might be what she later called a fool's dream. You know, she was the fool, what we have seen was the dream.
May 21, 2013 12:57 AM
Aug 2011
kage-bunshin said:
its seems that leda is pissed that she'll never give birth

Also pissed that she won't ever be as beautiful as Casshern.

but yeah more questions are coming up than answers and I have to admit that the kids freaked me out a bit. :s
Feb 21, 2014 2:43 PM

May 2012
That ending :| well this sure was a nice episode! Let's see what happens next!
Mar 4, 2014 5:14 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Mhh, there are several possibilites to what made Leda snap like that. Has she been unable to have kids as she was meant too? Had them and lost them? Are those kids a new model of her, unaffected by the Ruin? And what is Ringo then if she's not Luna reincarnated?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 9, 2014 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
huh
Jan 6, 2016 1:42 AM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, Leda is so crazy.
May 19, 2016 11:56 PM

Jan 2010

Definitely feels like things are really coming together now. It's been a little while since we've had an episodic story about a passing character, and we've instead had consecutive episodes dealing with the overarching plot.

I'm not entirely sure of why Ohji couldn't have had Ringo stay with him as he worked on the nanocells. Is it to get Ringo to Luna in order to heal her before she "breaks down?" Other then that, the main focus of this episode was Leda. Though, this episode really made her out to be a really vain villainness, despite how much characterization was put forth through her past experiences. So this was the experiment Braiking Boss and Ohji were discussing in a previous episode, a robot capable of giving birth. The background of Casshern Sins seems to revolve around robots trying to become human, rather than ascending to godhood or any of that. Unless semantics are thrown around regarding the definition of god, whether or not humans reached that realm in story before the Ruin, if robots are trying to reenact that same achievement and so on.

The important part of this, however, was how Leda ended up. I'm not entirely sure if it's accurate to call her human, but she's definitely no longer a robot. Granted, due to how emotional all the robots get in this show, none of the robots are really robots I'd say. But, for Leda to have been pregnant and had her child taken away for science reasons, I...think I know where this is leading to, but I'm just gonna withhold my predictions and let the show play out.
Jan 28, 2017 1:10 PM

Aug 2016
They never say Leda's pregnancy failed. She does say something along the lines of "I was a fool for thinking we could trust children with the future." This is about the third time I've watched the series, and it's one of my favorites. I think a lot of things are left intentionally unanswered, but with certain likely conclusions to be drawn.

Braiking Boss blaming Casshern for causing the ruin when he killed Luna, even though Braiking Boss was the one who ordered it... That leaves me to believe something ELSE happened.

Also, Lyuze's sister's last words are never finished. So we never found out what she was trying to say about Casshern.

I love the way their stories progress.
There is a deepness in the sky. So high, so low, so many things to know.
Feb 10, 2017 2:19 PM

Sep 2014
Really hoped her head would fly in that scene, but it was just a regular bitchslap (bitchcut).
Eh...
Oct 22, 2018 6:37 PM
Sep 2015
"Y'all go away now. I'll just stay here, by my unprotected lonesome, conducting saving-the-world research at this laboratory that the two Big Bads you just chased away want to investigate for secrets."

Wonder if the solution will be to turn Ringo into the next Luna. And for that she'll have to drink Casshern's blood, just like he absorbed Luna's to become immortal.
Jun 1, 2019 9:26 PM

Jul 2016
Man... this Anime really likes to take it's time... ugh
May 31, 2022 11:59 PM

Feb 2021
That was engaging. One step closer to finding Luna and finishing this slow ass show

More topics from this board

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

92 by GabrielWhite »»
Feb 15, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 22 Discussion

shoxk - Mar 8, 2009

36 by P_e_r_i »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:17 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 20 Discussion

dbaranyi - Feb 18, 2009

28 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 7, 2023 10:42 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Feb 4, 2009

93 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 16, 2008

94 by FireRifle64 »»
Nov 24, 2023 9:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.