Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2009 5:07 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
When I first saw the rowing boat Kenshiro was going to board, I thought "How's he gonna move that thing? Will power? Facing backwards and firing off a kamehameha?"

Few seconds later I realised the foolishness of my question. The current flows wherever Ken wants to go. Obviously.

I don't know karate, but I know karazy
Mar 31, 2010 6:54 AM

Jul 2009
Is it me or is Kaioh's back story basically a carbon copy of what happened to Souther? Hating love and all that business...also these flashbacks of Raoh, Toki and Kenshiro in Shura don't really add up to the flashbacks in the first season anymore. I recall Raoh and Toki's 'parents' dying and them being taking on by Ryuuken but Kenshiro was nowhere to be seen when he surely should've been with them already?
Oct 26, 2010 6:55 PM

Apr 2009
Such a ridiculous and unimaginative backstory... are we supposed to feel sorry for him now? Well sorry but its not going to happen, hell even if his backstory was good it wasn't going to happen... and that pressure point? Please this has gotten so ridiculous its not even funny... not to mention that this whole ai vs aku motif has stopped being original ever since writing was invented...
Jul 31, 2011 11:15 AM

Jan 2009
ballistique said:
When I first saw the rowing boat Kenshiro was going to board, I thought "How's he gonna move that thing? Will power? Facing backwards and firing off a kamehameha?"

Few seconds later I realised the foolishness of my question. The current flows wherever Ken wants to go. Obviously.

Thank you. When I was watching this last night, I thought to myself that if there wasn't a discussion topic on this episode, I was going to make it for this, but I couldn't remember the reason, today. Thanks for reminding me. A conveniently placed rowboat with no paddles for Kenny to use. All he has to do is stand in the middle of it and it takes him to where he wants to go. There's no way he can sit down in it, because he has to be ready for battle.

This entire second series has been a complete joke.
Oct 11, 2012 11:01 PM

Sep 2012
It was all for EEVIL! Eeeeeeviiiillll!!

Then he really makes Kenny mad by making his former-loli ladyfriend sleep, but with a tweest.

But can Raohni kill a first-level commoner? If so, congratulations! He's on-par with a cat!

Mod Edit: Removed header.
ShockedJan 13, 2016 4:28 PM
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
May 10, 2013 4:28 AM

Oct 2009
ballistique said:
The current flows wherever Ken wants to go. Obviously

And at the end of the river Kenshiro sails by lava in a wooden boat? What is lava doing there, anyway?

Alas86 said:
and that pressure point? Please this has gotten so ridiculous its not even funny...

That Shikanhaku pressure point would be pretty handy. Need to try it on my sister. Oh, and can't Kenshiro just press that pressure point again, in the case Lynn sees wrong person?
Btw, there was similar idea in LEXX series.
Jan 14, 2016 4:25 AM

Jun 2008
Zell182 said:
Is it me or is Kaioh's back story basically a carbon copy of what happened to Souther? Hating love and all that business...also these flashbacks of Raoh, Toki and Kenshiro in Shura don't really add up to the flashbacks in the first season anymore. I recall Raoh and Toki's 'parents' dying and them being taking on by Ryuuken but Kenshiro was nowhere to be seen when he surely should've been with them already?

Don't forget small Toki having white/grey hair here and also the blond sister seem to have been mysteriously missing threw this whole flash back.

But hey Kaioh isn't all bad as we thought. He at least tried to give Lynn amnesia so she would stop shouting Ken for the 9985674456 time.

Serhiyko said:
ballistique said:
The current flows wherever Ken wants to go. Obviously

And at the end of the river Kenshiro sails by lava in a wooden boat? What is lava doing there, anyway?

Is not lava. It is hot water probably red because there is steam and lave under it.
MonadJan 14, 2016 4:29 AM
Aug 19, 2016 10:35 AM

Jun 2016
So Kiaoh turns out to be a mamas boy?! LOL
Feb 28, 2018 4:02 PM

Nov 2016
There's only person Lin shall see,Bat.

And dunno why so many people shit on the backround story,not much worse than other stuff we got to see.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 27, 2019 3:06 PM

Feb 2017
You better not flex your muscles too hard and destroy that symbol of peace, Kenshiro. You know, like you do with all your other clothing.
Oct 18, 2019 3:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor Lynn, she is innocent she did nothing to deserve that, I hope she will see Batt.
And I hope Kenshiro will destroy Kaio too.
Dec 25, 2019 3:43 PM

Jul 2015
Some more backstory on Kaioh and Raoh which really feels similiar to Southers backstory

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken 2 Episode 25 Discussion

ballistique - Jan 25, 2009

9 by Nekoweazle »»
Yesterday, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken 2 Episode 15 Discussion

UnculturedWhitey - Oct 9, 2012

7 by nullgolem »»
May 1, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken 2 Episode 43 Discussion

ballistique - Jan 26, 2009

29 by divlyfein »»
Jan 9, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken 2 Episode 20 Discussion

Alas86 - Oct 22, 2010

11 by Cayusashi »»
Nov 8, 2023 5:25 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken 2 Episode 29 Discussion

UnculturedWhitey - Oct 11, 2012

6 by Eziprez »»
Apr 7, 2023 5:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.