Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 8, 2013 10:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And the boys shows up:

About time~

Riko looks kawaii as hell this episode though imo. Dat pigtails. The English was funny too I guess. Well, the boys FINALLY showed up. Maki and her blushes ( ¬‿¬)
Aug 8, 2013 10:45 AM
Jan 2012
Riko soooo cute... another funny episode already looking forward to next episode seeing that preview
Aug 8, 2013 1:36 PM

Nov 2012
damn... XD finally guy show up XD
damn riko is just too cute XD
Aug 8, 2013 11:45 PM

Mar 2011
kuuurt said:
Dropped. I promised myself that I'd drop this as soon as guys show up.

AGREED. I made the same promise for myself as well, I'm going to start watching Love Live! now instead of this in hopes of seeing something better.

I'll always remember Maki as the best girl of this show before dropping it, at least she didn't turn into a zebra unlike that girl from monogatari lOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2013 11:51 PM

Jul 2013
This episode seems to be setting up Riko/Satoshi and, to a lesser extent, Maki/Jan. Cute! Can't wait to see where their relationships go. Kind of wish the whole childhood rejection was uncovered this time but oh well. I'm betting that he put all his energy into confession and Riko, being a derp, brushed him off without realizing she was rejecting him. Seems like something she'd do.

Also damn, look at her rocking a more flirty outfit! Pretty, looks good on her. :)

Edit: lol @ those who expected yuri.
Aug 9, 2013 12:17 AM

Oct 2012
Yay~ the danshi finally show up :)
Watching Maki and Jan (I laughed so hard at his name) talk to each other was entertaining.
Can't wait to see the development between Riko and Satoshi :3

Aug 9, 2013 12:32 AM

Jul 2012
dropping a non-yuri romcom anime, that you admit is good, because a guy showed up.... o_O

it's not tagged as yuri or shoujo-ai.... what where you expecting to happen?

on topic, this was a great episode. I'm looking forward to to the riko/satoshi development too
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Aug 9, 2013 1:00 AM

Jul 2013
This episode was amazing. One of the highlights were a few boys were introduce in this episode as well getting to see Riko's family. I hope Satoshi will make another appearance in future episodes. Overall another funny episode as usual

Aug 9, 2013 1:13 AM
Jul 2018
Yess! Maki Talking english at last!
Aug 9, 2013 1:18 AM
Feb 2013
I seriously loved this episode! The guys finally appeared on the anime. ^^ And there were a lot of good Riko shots too! So cute.x)

Seriously though, yuri-fans, if you're just dropping a show that looks like a shoujo-ai, but isn't a shoujo-ai, and yet the show is actually really good but you still drop it up till THIS episode because of the sighting of some guys in it, that's just....stupid. I mean, what's the point on watching something that you KNEW that it didn't have what you wanted in it. That's probably a big waste of time for you to wait for 6 weeks for the yuri-subtleties to stop its tracks. But really I'm just saying this because honestly, it DOES seem pointless, right?

Mod Edit: Removed last sentence -- it is not allowed to ask where to watch anime / read manga.
LunaAug 9, 2013 1:44 AM
Aug 9, 2013 2:04 AM

Aug 2012
Jan seems awesome.
.................................................................................
Aug 9, 2013 2:04 AM

Dec 2012
People dropping a show because male characters show up? Sure is misandric in here
Aug 9, 2013 3:23 AM

Aug 2010
Loved this episode :)

Lol'd at Riko's brother XD

"I already think of her as an aniki"XD
and
"Nee-chan suddenly blew up in the middle of the road" XD

Lol'd at how her family was scared when she was acting creepy dere XD

Satoshi is a pretty nice guy. Blushing Riko Kawaii

Jan's design reminds me of Keima a bit XD
Maki's interactions with him were so hilarious and her blushing at him indirectly calling her cute XD
Poor Maki...she's not ready for the real world and gotta feel bad for Jan too with how abnormal Maki was acting XD

Nxt ep seems fun ^^
Aug 9, 2013 4:16 AM

May 2010
Finally guys! Riko was saved and her fake reputation was protected and Maki's kyaas XD I like Satoshi and Jan so far. Go Riko, I support you with both Jan and Satoshi! :D

How his name turned into Jan was hilarious xD I am loving this show like 100 times more and I already loved it. He looked like a girl before. Not Riko's fault after all. Maki is as adorable as ever. The guys are as good as the girls. I love Riko x Jan but Riko x Satoshi and Maki x Jan are equally adorable. I am such a big romance lover so this series is ultimately leading right now in my favorites this season.

Jan is also a top student I think since he could understand Maki's perfect engrishu. Maki x Jan it is! I love it so much. Tsundere Jan is hilarious. It is one of the best romance series out there. I am looking forward to the rest of girl's boys. I want to hurry up and watch the rest of the series quickly but gotta wait, too bad. Momo, woah she surprised me there. I loved that sweet voice of hers. Things are gonna get troublesome but extremely interesting as well.
Aug 9, 2013 5:30 AM

May 2013
great episode 5/5 Riko is too cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i love u Riko

that dam satoshi go buy a pair of balls and go after Riko already plssss...

hahahaha very good ep :)
Aug 9, 2013 5:41 AM

Apr 2013
"What a massive plot twist!!"
Darn, my ship is sinking, help! *hardcore Riko/Maki shipper*
That won't stop me to watch it until the end though. It's, for me, one of the best show of the season.
It's still funny as hell. :')
Aug 9, 2013 6:35 AM

Apr 2013
For someone who prefers straight romance, I'm glad there are guys in the show.

/5
Aug 9, 2013 7:15 AM

Mar 2012
for some reason, having guys in the show feels more balanced. this episode was refreshing in that sense.
キ チ リ * カ チ リ
Aug 9, 2013 8:43 AM

May 2013
Satoshi looking like a girl when he was little lol. Jan was funny in this episode.
FlamingYu said:
/5

lol.
Aug 9, 2013 8:57 AM
Oct 2012
What does it matter whether or not this was yuri? What does it matter whether or not boys showed up?

All that matters is whether or not the show is funny, and for the sixth episode in a row it delivered the goods. Had they focused on school for the remainder of the show and still delivered the goods, it would not have mattered; if they added boys and still delivered the goods, it would not have mattered. All that stuff is merely setting, that is not important. What is important, what does matter whether or not the show is interesting. And once again Love Lab proved it is, regardless of setting.
Aug 9, 2013 9:35 AM

Aug 2011
Satoshi and Riko are such a cute pair. I feel horrible for Satoshi though, really, poor guy. D: Jan and Maki are cute too. This was my favourite episode so far. I hope they develop these two ships.
Aug 9, 2013 10:20 AM

Dec 2012
at first (during the first two or three episodes) i really, really shipped riko and maki, but when people were saying it won't turn into yuri, it was okay for me. i also think the yuri vibe was gone pretty quickly (the first episode was the most intense and misleading one imo). i'm totally fine that there are boys now. so i don't understand why people would drop it, especially when they enjoy this show.

i like the boys. satoshi is really cute. his blushing face *u*
and maki and jan would be cute together :3

i also liked riko's family. they're exactly how i imagined them. i had to laugh at the scene when her brother was saying he thinks of her as a brother :D

i'm just worried about the two new characters from the newspaper. they seem annoying so far...
Aug 9, 2013 10:36 AM

May 2012
I loved this episode. It was hilarious and had nice plot progression. I love me a good slapstick comedy.

ITT: we have idiots who were looking for yuri who never should have even started episode one. Jesus, if you had read the synopsis and genre before starting this you would have known this anime wasn't for you. Hell, you would have known just by watching episode one that this wasn't a yuri.
lightXTCAug 9, 2013 10:39 AM
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Aug 9, 2013 10:42 AM

Nov 2010
Great episode again. i love how the guys had so much role in episode.

some pics :

Riko and being sad :

Nooooo, why did you left maki alone? xD

I loved the way that momo (?) pushed herself into these two :

Aug 9, 2013 10:51 AM

May 2013
My 2¢, I think this series continues to be quite entertaining. I will continue to use my yuri goggles because that is why those are for, to see something that ISN'T there in the first place (Riko x Maki ftw! >_<). Also, that is why there are doujins *creepy smile*, I stumbled upon one the other day so more are bound to appear. I doubt this series will go into full fledged romance because there are not enough episodes, but I look forward to more tsukkomi action!
Aug 9, 2013 11:23 AM

Sep 2009
OMG!! I so totally inlove in this episode!! XD
So cute. Cute. Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!! ^^

I was laughing all the time.. I laughed those running effect: Satoshi x Riko..
And Yan x Maki moment too... HAHAHA.

But it went down when it reached near the end.. :/
Aug 9, 2013 11:39 AM

May 2013
na35899 said:
that dam satoshi go buy a pair of balls and go after Riko already plssss...

Riko has more balls than him (and that probably won't change IMO. BTW, I haven't read the manga if there is one) and Satoshi is a tsundere so Riko needs to be forceful is she ever wants to get lovey dovey with the guy.
Aug 9, 2013 12:04 PM

Aug 2010
I'm unsure what I'm gonna do when the next episode is the same quality as this one.

You see, it's already on 10/10 now, I cannot raise it any higher. Troubling =/

I really enjoyed this episode. The way mom talkoed about satoshi in the beginning reminded me of a mother trying to set up a marriage meeting for her christmas cake daughter XD

Riko in übercute mode with twintails and heart gata virus...erm bag and miniskirt and ZR basically killed, multiple times.

And I basically laughed my ass off when the newspaper girl sneaked her way into their convo in the end XD reminded me a bit of the SCOOP! girl from seitokai yakuindomo (only more subtle)

Btw, I just LOVE it when the show temporaily shifts to a more cutesy artstyle (usually for the lulz)

I want to eat Riko. Whole. Or at least tickle her fang.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Aug 9, 2013 12:27 PM

Apr 2010
That conversation between Maki and Jan was very funny Maki's inexperience when it comes to talking with boys really showed which was also very cute.
Especially the moment she got red from embarrassment.
Jan also has a lot to learn about the female hear it seems.

Riko forgetting about her childhood friend because he looked more manly was sad for the guy but she remembered at some point.
Tho it does seem he has a major complex for being girly.
Aug 9, 2013 1:34 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode
Aug 9, 2013 1:54 PM

Jul 2013
That was a good episode, the boys are actually pretty funny lol, especially Satoshi; men shouldn't be called cute. We also got to see Riko's little bro, and he's almost like the opposite of Riko. They made this episode more entertaining, and Maki's engrish was gold xD
Aug 9, 2013 2:44 PM

Dec 2012
Well, so much for that "flawless data management"...

Also, lol at Riko's interpretation of Maki and Jan's conversation.
Aug 9, 2013 2:49 PM

Feb 2012
mg021 said:
dropping a non-yuri romcom anime, that you admit is good, because a guy showed up.... o_O

it's not tagged as yuri or shoujo-ai.... what where you expecting to happen?

on topic, this was a great episode. I'm looking forward to to the riko/satoshi development too

seriously why were people expecting it to be yuri when they are clearly researching how to get guys? were you thinking that in the middle of their research they would fall for each other and it be yuri? i mean really? >_>

anyways... FINALLY some dudes show up so we can see the fruits of their labor. this episode was definitely the best one by far, i loved seeing Maki reacting to guys, it was adorable :3 and apparently Riko had someone interested in her and she never knew! i cant wait to see that development.

basically for this episode:
FlamingYu said:

/5

:D
Aug 9, 2013 3:10 PM

Mar 2013
jesus dropping a show because a few guys show up what an absolutely brilliant reason.
Aug 9, 2013 3:11 PM

Jun 2013
One of the funniest episodes so far imo. I love this anime! Maki is soooo cute!! <3
Aug 9, 2013 3:53 PM

Jul 2007
My god BEST episode ever. That was just so awesome. I didn't expect guys to show up in the show at all. Rikos brother was so funny. Jan and Satoshi too. I really hope it wasn't just for an episode and they are gonna develop some kind of connection with the girls.
Aug 9, 2013 3:58 PM

Dec 2007
The guys have been in the manga consistently ever since they were introduced. I doubt this will be their only appearance in the anime.
Aug 9, 2013 4:48 PM
Mar 2011
love it!

so glad i didnt drop this
"....i am the villain in this story"
Aug 9, 2013 4:52 PM

Mar 2013
Definitely best episode since the first one! The show is just waaaaaaaay funnier when it focuses on its to best characters Riko and Maki! Clearly Don't have a problem with the boys showing up, made the episode even more enjoyable then the last few.
Aug 9, 2013 5:36 PM

Sep 2012
'Hello
It's a beautiful evening glow'
If the anime continues to be this hilarious then I don't think anyone would mind if the guys keep consistently showing up.
Aug 9, 2013 6:10 PM

Feb 2013
None of us expected it to be yuri, we just kinda hoped even though we knew it wasn't to be. A comparison is kinda like, knowing a show's been canceled, and knowing in your head that it won't be there, but still turning the right channel blindly hoping the next episode will be there.

I was going to drop it when the guys showed up too, but I ended up liking them. XD

Oh well, looks like I'm a keeping on watching. Riko's pigtails/5
Aug 9, 2013 6:24 PM
Oct 2010
That was really fun and those guys are a good addition for the dinamics. If it keeps like this anime will be great.

To those dropping cause their "wifus" are now "soiled": Good riddance.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 9, 2013 7:05 PM

May 2013
i've got one question did satoshi hit riko? when she told him he has a cute smile... or did he just ran away
Aug 9, 2013 8:37 PM

Dec 2007
Hit her. Considering Love Lab is very much physical comedy oriented if ya hadn't noticed already, there will be gags like that.

Though usually it's with the Suzu-supplied paper fans.
Aug 9, 2013 8:50 PM

May 2013
na35899 said:
i've got one question did satoshi hit riko? when she told him he has a cute smile... or did he just ran away

But do not worry, Satoshi hits like a girl, Riko was mostly taken by surprise and shocked that *again* she failed at obtaining the info she chased the guy to get. If she had really been injured she would no doubt had paid back Satoshi with plenty of compund fracturesinterest *evil grin*
Aug 9, 2013 9:34 PM

Feb 2013
The conversation between Jan and Maki was just hilarious.
Aug 9, 2013 9:38 PM
May 2011
Satoshi getting mad at Riko for forgetting him..........WTF!? yeah "how dare you forget me, even though i look like i had a sex change since we last met"

DAMMIT Show was like this seasons Yuyushiki or Yuru Yuri, but they had to add guys and ruin the Yuri
hybrid100Aug 9, 2013 9:41 PM
Aug 9, 2013 9:48 PM

Sep 2011
So cute >.<
Finally we have real romance.
Why expecting yuri when all of the girls want to have boyfriends?
As a audience, we should wish for their dream come true :v
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Lab Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

151 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:33 AM

Poll: » Love Lab Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

88 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:33 AM

Poll: » Love Lab Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2013

66 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Love Lab Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

81 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Love Lab Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2013

69 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.