Forum Settings
Forums

The official Dexter final season thread/discussion

New
Jul 29, 2013 11:52 AM

Dec 2012
All the other forums I'm in have this so I thought why not. Anyone here watches Dexter? what do you think about the current season so far?

I just finished watching episode 5 and it's starting to look promising again, I didn't like the first 4 episodes. The ending of the episode was really great, I can't believe he killed him that way lol but other than that the episode was predictable, the son of that mayor or w/e was obviously the killer, you can easily tell by just looking at him

Holy shit the preview was exciting as fuck
Jul 29, 2013 4:20 PM

Dec 2012
no one likes dexter ._.
Jul 29, 2013 11:20 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly, its getting more interesting now. It's just at the mid-point of the series so I'm expecting something really epic to go down soon.
I don't think Quinn will play any special role, it just doesn't fit. I'm more suspicious of Vogel now though, if you've seen the episode 6 preview.
Jul 30, 2013 1:23 PM
May 2012
Dexter really should of ended after season 5. Whole shoe has gone down from there. Season 6 was a complete joke while 7 was just okay. Im hoping that they can end the series on a high note, but unless Debra (possibly the worst written character in modern television) dies horribly then Im out.
Jul 30, 2013 1:25 PM

Feb 2011
What do you mean official final season? It's not official yet I believe. Showtime is pushing for more season(s) I believe.

Anyway, I would like Dexter to never end. It's my favorite show. :3
Jul 30, 2013 1:31 PM

Mar 2013
Use to love it but last two seasons were not very good. I'll eventually watch this season, although probably after it's complete. They need to stop milking series like this for every last dollar, 5 seasons would of been perfect.
Jul 30, 2013 1:31 PM

Sep 2011
dperolio said:
What do you mean official final season? It's not official yet I believe. Showtime is pushing for more season(s) I believe.

where have you been, this has been confirmed to be the final season for a while.

also im calling it now, vogel is the main antagonist of this season, and i mean what a endgame villain, the person that is pretty much responsible for making dexter who he is. She probably is using dexter to kill all her ex patients and then throw him under the bus by revealing to the police that hes the bay harbor butcher and that debra killed laguerta subsequently ridding her of all her patients and any ties to her.

i hate to say id get dissapointed if my own insane theory doesnt go through but seriously that would be so interesting if that happens that if it doesnt it will feel like wasted potential. Especially since we all know dex is going to be caught this season. if he gets caught this way he can have his final kill before being caught be vogel, breaking his code to kill the person that created it. how awesome would that be

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 30, 2013 1:34 PM

Feb 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
dperolio said:

where have you been, this has been confirmed to be the final season for a while.

Can you show me proof? It's certainly the supposed last season, and it would definitely be the last season if the creators or whoever had their say, but because of its popularity they may make more seasons because of Showtime.

I hope the villain isn't Vogel. If so, it's been pretty obvious since like episode 2. I'm hoping it's more clever than that.
Jul 30, 2013 1:39 PM

Sep 2011
dperolio said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
dperolio said:

Can you show me proof? It's certainly the supposed last season, and it would definitely be the last season if the creators or whoever had their say, but because of its popularity they may make more seasons because of Showtime.

I hope the villain isn't Vogel. If so, it's been pretty obvious since like episode 2. I'm hoping it's more clever than that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/dexter-final-season
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dexter-final-season-8-video-442231
http://collider.com/dexter-final-season-8/

as sad as it is, its ending. And doubt they will ever continue it cause, its pretty damn obvious dex will die, we all knew that would be how it ends from the second we started the show. theres no way this show has a happy ending
JizzyHitlerJul 30, 2013 1:46 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 30, 2013 1:46 PM

Feb 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
dperolio said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
dperolio said:

need anymore proof of extremely old news?

I'll take the last video as proof. It was posted less than a month ago. Sorry for not knowing about this "extremely old news", but no need to get defensive about it.
Jul 30, 2013 1:49 PM

Sep 2011
dperolio said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
dperolio said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
dperolio said:

need anymore proof of extremely old news?

I'll take the last video as proof. It was posted less than a month ago. Sorry for not knowing about this "extremely old news", but no need to get defensive about it.
i didnt mean to get defensive, sometimes things i say sound more dickish outloud than in my head

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jul 30, 2013 1:51 PM

Feb 2011
i didnt mean to get defensive, sometimes things i say sound more dickish outloud than in my head

No problem. Thanks for the proof that it's officially ending, although it saddens me another of my favorite shows is ending.
Aug 5, 2013 6:04 PM

Dec 2012
It was a nice episode, looks like Dexter has a discipline :P, but I doubt it will end well. Hohohoho, guess who is back. I expected her return a some point in the season but her entrance was unpredictable.
Aug 5, 2013 6:09 PM

Sep 2011
i thought the most recent ep was really boring but the final minutes made me verbally go "oh shit". caught me totally off guard

Also im predicting this
Vogel has been using dexter to off her old patients so nothing ties back to her, but she thinks dexter is too hard to expose or take out herself so shes gonna use dexter's disciple to try and kill him and since the disciple kid isnt as perfect of a killer she should have no problems eliminating him

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 5, 2013 10:02 PM

Dec 2012
I really don't like the idea of Vogel being the ''final boss'' that would be too predictable. I just want some amazing, mind blowing twist regarding Vogel and Dexter's past.
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Also im predicting this
Vogel has been using dexter to off her old patients so nothing ties back to her, but she thinks dexter is too hard to expose or take out herself so shes gonna use dexter's disciple to try and kill him and since the disciple kid isnt as perfect of a killer she should have no problems eliminating him

I can't see this happening at all because:
A/ Dexter doesn't represent any kind of threat to Vogel, so trying to kill him would be counterproductive.

B/ That kid is not good enough or experienced enough to take out someone like Dexter.

C/ I don't see that kid living more than a couple of episodes, he is gonna cross Dexter in some way and Dexter will get rid of him.
Aug 5, 2013 11:37 PM
Sykolicious

Jul 2013
Love every single episode of that show, no doubt.
Aug 20, 2013 6:34 PM

Sep 2011
the most recent episode is the first ep of season 8 i really enjoyed, though sucks that zach died cause i started to like him, made me laugh a few times in this ep

Alkso quin totally killed that neighbor chick to frame zach

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 20, 2013 6:36 PM

Nov 2012
Aug 20, 2013 8:01 PM

Sep 2011
Unit-01 said:

No, i have showtime so i can watch it normally, and showtime posts all their episodes on demand after the ep airs, im sure its not hard to find dl's of it though, probably on kickasstorrents

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 21, 2013 3:32 PM

Apr 2013
Watched first 2 eps and I'm really struggling to watch the rest seems like a let down
Aug 27, 2013 10:34 AM

Sep 2011
why is this season so boring, everytime a ep ends it hints that something big would be happening next episode, and you know what, it finally did have something happen....but it was so slow paced that it doesnt feel like it.

So yah we finally know who the brain surgeon is, it wasnt as obvious as most predictions were though many people called it a while back especially after cassie died and oh look vogel is going into crazy mother mode and is protecting probably the most dangerous character in the entire series who is very likely to be the biggest threat dexter has ever had especially with the series ending so even dexs is a possibly addition to the body count

Saying that outloud sounds super interesting and like it could be a exciting finale......SO WHY THE FUCK IS IT SO BORING!?

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 30, 2013 10:20 AM

May 2012
This is probably the worst final season i've ever seen. Just complete and utter shite.
Aug 30, 2013 11:38 AM

Sep 2011
SteampunkDalek said:
This is probably the worst final season i've ever seen. Just complete and utter shite.
guessing you never watched heroes

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 30, 2013 11:29 PM

Jul 2012
This show fell off so hard
Sep 22, 2013 7:25 PM

Sep 2011
As much as i ragged this season, i have to say this ending was unexpected and emotionally powerful, as shit as this was at least it ends on a emotional conclu-

Wait.....why arent the credits rolling, whos this lumberjac-

NOOOOOO, they....they arent? NOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOO FUCKING NOOO ARE YOU SERIOUS ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

Why, why the fuck would they do that, they finally did something good and they FUCK IT ALL UP. They just controdicted everything the show has worked 8 years to buil......7 years to build. Why would they ever do this, who the fuck though this was a good idea

Fuck this season, thats all i can say fuck this season. Thanks for ruining a good show

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 23, 2013 12:25 AM

Jun 2008
Finally got around to seeing it....definitely not what I expected.

But then again, I don't think a happy ending is the way you end this type of series.

Dexter was always living a double life, it's who he was....

In the past two seasons, he desperately tried to end that, he wanted to truly love someone for real, he wanted to give up killing people and he thought Hannah was the outlet for that to come true.

But I think when he realized how Deb's life had been ruined (thanks to him) he knew that he just couldn't do it.

It didn't matter where he went....he can't change who he is...WHAT he is!

And if chased Hannah and his son, he would eventually destroy their lives as well.

I think it makes sense that he gave up Hannah and Harrison and I think it makes sense for him to kill himself so as to not hurt any more people.....after all he is the very monster he was always searching to put on his kill table.

The only thing I can't agree with, is WHY the hell would they show him living in some mountains.

That doesn't make sense to me or what I imply to be the message of the series finale....

Either way....Dexter was a great series filled with many great seasons and episodes.

I think the character Dexter will go down as one of my all time favorite tv series characters.

Even thought It wasn't always on it's "A" game, I believe this is still one of the best shows of the last decade.

If I had to rate Dexter as a whole (all 8 seasons) I would give it a solid 8/10.

I'm going to miss this show very much.
Sep 23, 2013 1:20 AM

Nov 2012
I guess they just wanted to make sure that he's still alive incase if they want to make another season.. I dunno.
Sep 23, 2013 12:07 PM

Sep 2011
Unit-01 said:
I guess they just wanted to make sure that he's still alive incase if they want to make another season.. I dunno.
Thats not it, the director is desperately trying to defend his reasons as, him dying is too good for him, but that makes no sense cause the whole point is hes a walking death machine that destroys all around him, he realized this and not killing himself just contradicts the entire show

This is amde so much worse cause the death would have been poetic, think about it. Dexter realizing his actions drives his boat into the storm to be buried at sea like all his victims. That was perfect why did they have to ruin it

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Sep 25, 2013 1:07 PM

May 2012
The ending was completely stupid. what a waste of time!!!
Now seasons 1-4, that's Dexter right there! Whatever *this* was, it definitely wasn't the show i used to love. It hadn't been for the longest time.
Sep 26, 2013 6:46 AM

Dec 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Unit-01 said:
Thats not it, the director is desperately trying to defend his reasons as, him dying is too good for him, but that makes no sense cause the whole point is hes a walking death machine that destroys all around him, he realized this and not killing himself just contradicts the entire show

This is amde so much worse cause the death would have been poetic, think about it. Dexter realizing his actions drives his boat into the storm to be buried at sea like all his victims. That was perfect why did they have to ruin it

Finally finished it and it got better after Vogel son was revealed but they done fucked it up with the ending, I completely agree with you about everything.

Honestly the first four season were on a league of their own, it's sad too see the serious quality drop. They shouldn't have milked this..
Sep 26, 2013 11:34 AM

Jul 2013
I'm kinda disappointed. Didn't like any of the new characters for this season.
I expected a blood bath for the final season, but I think Dex only killed 2 guys...
LivingANightmareSep 26, 2013 2:57 PM
Oct 16, 2014 5:14 PM

Jun 2008
For God's sake.
Seriously.
This season sucked so hard, it's impossible to describe. Most absurd unbelievable crap in TV history.

JizzyHitler said:
Wait.....why arent the credits rolling, whos this lumberjac-

NOOOOOO, they....they arent? NOOOOOO NOOOOO NOOO FUCKING NOOO ARE YOU SERIOUS ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

Fuck this season
^ Exactly my mental reaction to the finale.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares

More topics from this board

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3393 by 3miL »»
20 minutes ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7594 by 3miL »»
40 minutes ago

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4819 by Zoldra0 »»
2 hours ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

9 by Enderobot »»
3 hours ago

» Favorite Non-Anime Shows/Movies

EverRealm - Yesterday

2 by Spunkert »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.