Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2013 10:56 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Raws 3 out.
At least Twenty appears...
Also it looks like we get to know more about colors phantom (It's obvious that Alice's brother is one, from the start though).
Should I check the Live action segment after each raw? Since no one is subbing it... :/
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
Jul 28, 2013 1:45 AM

Jun 2012
No Milkies at all. It's like they're forcing us to forget about them and like the nofun lolis.

Why am I still watching this?
Jul 29, 2013 7:16 AM

Apr 2009
LEEG said:
Why am I still watching this?
Because no matter how 駄目駄目 the show has become, we're still gonna keep watching even if the Milky Holmes are no longer the 駄目駄目 characters we love and that the show is no longer the 駄目駄目 show it was.
Jul 29, 2013 12:31 PM

May 2012
Ugh...this episode was as boring as the first...
Jul 29, 2013 12:34 PM

Mar 2010
Alice's father looks like Tohsaka Tokiomi of Fate/Zero
Jul 29, 2013 10:50 PM

Oct 2012
Huh, this seems to have become a mahou shoujo...
At least Alice is adorable, but I really don't even know how to regard this anymore.
...At least it's not season two.
Jul 31, 2013 7:41 PM

Jun 2010
Well, the brother being part of the Colored Phantoms was easy to tell and this confirms it.

Kazumi is probably going to gain some power that shoots her arrows all around her or Milky Holmes will come.

Aug 2, 2013 6:54 AM
Jul 2011
Well, watching it with the mindset of "the game was serious and now they try to go for that", it's mediocre but okay.

However, it's still a bad joke to try to sell this with the label "Milky Holmes". The Milky Holmes anime has gained a reputation of being pretty much the epitome of silliness. Whether one likes that or not, that is what the audience loves and expects by now. Who in their right mind would pick this up in hopes of watching a serious, run-of-the-mill mahou shoujo series? At least advertise it accordingly, geez...

I think I'll still finish it, because it's only 10 minutes each and not painful to watch, but I have a feeling that this will end up as an average show at best (and 1/10 as a "Milky Holmes" show, but I won't rate it like that).
Aug 3, 2013 4:13 AM

Oct 2012
Soshintsu said:
Well, watching it with the mindset of "the game was serious and now they try to go for that", it's mediocre but okay.

However, it's still a bad joke to try to sell this with the label "Milky Holmes". The Milky Holmes anime has gained a reputation of being pretty much the epitome of silliness. Whether one likes that or not, that is what the audience loves and expects by now. Who in their right mind would pick this up in hopes of watching a serious, run-of-the-mill mahou shoujo series? At least advertise it accordingly, geez...

I think I'll still finish it, because it's only 10 minutes each and not painful to watch, but I have a feeling that this will end up as an average show at best (and 1/10 as a "Milky Holmes" show, but I won't rate it like that).

There's a hilarious bit of irony to that.
The original name of the animes, Tantei Opera Milky Holmes, uses the name of the games. That being, the protagonist is Opera and he's well...a tantei (detective). However, those didn't even include him and basically used the name of the games.

Now they removed that and left only the Milky Holmes (with the addendum of Futari Wa) and that is the one with an actual relation to the games (aside from the OVAs), I can't imagine what they were actually thinking.
Aug 3, 2013 7:22 AM
Jul 2011
Beryllus said:
There's a hilarious bit of irony to that.
The original name of the animes, Tantei Opera Milky Holmes, uses the name of the games. That being, the protagonist is Opera and he's well...a tantei (detective). However, those didn't even include him and basically used the name of the games.

Now they removed that and left only the Milky Holmes (with the addendum of Futari Wa) and that is the one with an actual relation to the games (aside from the OVAs), I can't imagine what they were actually thinking.

Thanks for the info. I feel a bit like a bigot for not even knowing that Opera was a character until today, even though the word was right there in the title the whole time. Looks like the anime messed things up pretty hard back then.

This show might actually have been an even bigger achievement than I thought - making pretty much an original anime with just a a few characters and inspirations taken from the game and being so successful with it. But I guess it wouldn't be J.C. Staff if they didn't suddenly snap back to the original after taking lots of liberties - they seem to love that kind of suicide for some reason :-P
Aug 4, 2013 1:07 AM

Oct 2009
Soshintsu said:

Thanks for the info. I feel a bit like a bigot for not even knowing that Opera was a character until today, even though the word was right there in the title the whole time. Looks like the anime messed things up pretty hard back then.

Henriette mentioned Opera has 'passed away' on s1, he appeared on the alternatives and cameos on s1 and s2, though.
Personally I'm glad s1 and s2 doesn't have male lead. And I'm sure I'm not the only one!
The alternatives char's personality is more like the ones on the game.... although I don't like the 1st game, the 2nd is okay, I guess...
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
Aug 13, 2013 3:12 PM

Apr 2013
Great cliff hanger but I want the original 4 :'(
Sep 1, 2013 4:09 PM

Jan 2012
Kazumi getting gangbanged.
Alice is cute :>.
The show is boring though.
Sep 8, 2013 6:50 PM

Jan 2013
needs more twenty.
Oct 5, 2013 7:32 AM

May 2012
I like how this time they actually do some case solving instead of random things! Great development and nice ending, so lets see what will happen next!
Oct 27, 2013 2:43 PM

Nov 2011
Nov 12, 2014 5:24 PM

Feb 2013
This should have Milky Holmes in it's name. Milk Holmes seem to play a much minor role in this season. That sucks.
Jan 7, 2015 3:11 PM

Feb 2008
No Milkies at all? Why not name the show Futari wa Feathers then.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 19, 2018 8:58 AM

Jul 2014
It looks like this show might have unintentional humor value like in Alternative. I laughed my ass off when I saw Alice's brother had his thief mask in his room out in the open.
Nov 22, 2021 2:26 AM

Feb 2020
Alice's brother is part of the Colored Phantoms. Oh crap..

And now The Feathers are in a serious pinch! Kazumi couldn't even use her Toys for some reason.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Futari wa Milky Holmes Episode 12 Discussion

Iconic - Sep 29, 2013

27 by Serafos »»
Nov 25, 2021 3:07 AM

Poll: » Futari wa Milky Holmes Episode 11 Discussion

LEEG - Sep 21, 2013

18 by Serafos »»
Nov 22, 2021 11:57 AM

Poll: » Futari wa Milky Holmes Episode 10 Discussion

Oohoshi_Awai - Sep 14, 2013

15 by Serafos »»
Nov 22, 2021 10:42 AM

Poll: » Futari wa Milky Holmes Episode 9 Discussion

Oohoshi_Awai - Sep 7, 2013

19 by Serafos »»
Nov 22, 2021 10:13 AM

Poll: » Futari wa Milky Holmes Episode 8 Discussion

LEEG - Sep 6, 2013

5 by Serafos »»
Nov 22, 2021 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.