Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 26, 2013 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, a trap? Also, cute backpack I guess..

OST was decent, actually quite decent imo.
Gatchaman!

Lol, this series. Hajime is adorable though crawling on the floor like that imo :3
Mission complete. Nice.

Oh and this is freaking cute:

Shit got real~

Jul 26, 2013 10:26 AM

Jan 2011

Rui episode. He still looks like a trap even with his wig off.

dem legs

Stark700 said:
Lol, this series. Hajime is adorable though crawling on the floor like that imo :3
Mission complete. Nice.

Hahaha yeah that was funny
VioLinkJul 26, 2013 10:32 AM
[center]
Jul 26, 2013 10:29 AM

Apr 2009
I hope Joe doesn't go Mami on us.

Did he just say "PLAY THE GAME"?
Jul 26, 2013 10:32 AM

Oct 2012
Oh man, I'm loving this OST. Lot's of stuff happening in this episode, looks like we'll get the action next week. Those eyeball things from the opening finally appeared at the end.
Jul 26, 2013 10:38 AM
Dec 2012
LOL now that rubik's cube is her pet. Haha She acts like an airhead, but she is thoughtful enough to think of various possibilities. It seems she can do everything. She makes other members almost useless. The show is really different from the original series. I don't get the concept of update, but it's interesting somehow.
Jul 26, 2013 10:42 AM

Jan 2011
Amarrez said:

pray za gamu

So much happening this week, gonna need subs to fully understand. Like other people said before the OST is so fantastic in this show, it really gets you pumped.
[center]
Jul 26, 2013 11:20 AM

Sep 2012
Utsutsu got utsu (on screen in Japanese) a lot in this episode LOL

Sakuga seems to be even less stable in this episode, though story wise it is picking up and getting complex..
symbvJul 26, 2013 11:34 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 26, 2013 11:56 AM

Jun 2012
Oh boy, a storm is brewing and I feel sorry for everyone who dropped this at episode 1 which is a shame

Unsurprisingly, the Internet overreacted as usual

You can't just trust the Internet blindly Senpai!- Hajime
WHAT DEMONTONGUE IS THIS!? : P
HybridMBLJul 26, 2013 2:25 PM
Jul 26, 2013 11:57 AM
Nov 2012
Really like the evil Twitter/Facebook aspect they have going here.
Jul 26, 2013 12:00 PM

May 2013
Can't wait for next episode.
Jul 26, 2013 12:03 PM

Jan 2012
THINGS ARE GETTING COMPLEX
Jul 26, 2013 12:09 PM

Jan 2013
Best anime of the season.
Jul 26, 2013 12:26 PM

Apr 2013
I love how they brought out the other Gatcha more in this episode. Especially Utsu-tsu. I'm glad they gave her different lines and more screen time.
Seems like the story and action in this series is really gonna take off next week. Great episode.
Oh, and that gigantic snake chick kissing people is freaking weird.
MillsJul 26, 2013 12:31 PM
Jul 26, 2013 12:35 PM

Dec 2012
I have a feeling I'm going to need to rewatch this series after it finishes to get the full experience. Loving it so far
Jul 26, 2013 12:56 PM

May 2012
klake09 said:
Really like the evil Twitter/Facebook aspect they have going here.

More like Chaotic Neutral.

[color=#f3e7dd]join the quietly discursive at quiet discourse
Jul 26, 2013 1:13 PM

Sep 2009
Lol... I wonder if Rui is gay :D He likes to wear girls clothes a lot O.O
Is he/she a gatchaman too? XD
Jul 26, 2013 1:22 PM
Mar 2012
Not going to lie, Utsutsu is one of my main reasons for watching this show

Jul 26, 2013 1:28 PM

Mar 2010
That long haired guy is causing chaos by copying people through kiss haha.
Jul 26, 2013 1:33 PM
Sep 2011
Everything so far indicates that Hajime and Rui are meant to serve as foils to each other. Differing radically in appearance, both of them are heavily involved in GALAX whether as user or developer, while still maintaining a critical distance to it as both of them acknowledge that one can't take everything the internet serves you as face value.

Like Hajime who integrates civilians into her plans to overcome crises and who opposes her organization's principle of removing threats by lone warriors (Sugane comes to mind) hidden from the public eyes, Rui's slogan for GALAX "It's not heroes who'll update the world. It's us" is telling for his mindset in which individuals work together in order to get achievements instead of of relying on superhumans to do the work (a possible side blow to the Gatchamen?).

The major difference between them is their level of social interactions that will make or break them. As we have seen, Hajime is an incredibly outgoing girl with an exuberant personality that makes it easy for her to build human and non-human relationships (Messy-chan says hello!). Contrary to her Rui seems isolated and even a bit lost in her huge mansion, with her conversations limited to talking to the GALAX program.

I Believe it's only a matter of time until Rui developes a God-Complex aided by Bergkatze who is implied to have granted him this ability (and who seems dissatisfied that Rui isn't using it more and who's stirring up trouble as a result) and GALAX which seems to be constructed as a video game like program that categorizes people in supporters and enemies (including bosses et cetera).

However, for the time being Rui, whose high ideals shone through in this episode, still appears level-headed enough. He criticizes the people in charge who are unwilling to take responsibility, who refuse to act when there's nothing for them to be gained and lump people together as an unidentifiable mass.

To cut to the chase Hajime and Rui might just represent two sides of the same coin.
Jul 26, 2013 1:34 PM

Aug 2007
Oh I enjoyed this episode very much. Hajime sure has the charisma and the talent of when to take charge. The whole Rui thing who looks like is trying to avoid using the powers and instead rather use the Galax instead to change the world. Whoever is that thing doing body snatching is finally about to be challenge by one of the Gatchaman. Oh man I can't get enough of this show and I'm eagerly awaiting the next one.
Jul 26, 2013 1:49 PM
Sep 2011
Speaking of Hajime, she continues to shine as a great character. Starting with the beginning where she befriends the "enemies" through culture and handcraft (a nice message in itself) she proves herself as an empathetic person when she and Sugane are put in a dangerous situation by a high-speed cardriver and tries to find reasons for the latter one's behaviour, not out of naiveté as she admits that one will never be certain if that was the case but because it provides a healthier and more optimistic outlook on life.
Her remark on how one shouldn't follow external sources blindly shows also showed a rather cautious side of hers despite her bold behaviour.

I just can't stop praising her as she proves herself as not only a confident and goal-oriented but also thoughtful and intelligent protagonist, something we don't see often. Meanwhile she's just eccentric and quirky enough to not appear as manufactured and too perfect.
EudaimoniaJul 26, 2013 1:57 PM
Jul 26, 2013 1:51 PM

Feb 2009
Getting more and more interesting.
Jul 26, 2013 2:12 PM

Jan 2011

I was just thinking that Rui is sorta like batman, then I saw this. Perhaps their similarities are intentional?
SolviteSekai said:
Best anime of the season.

Agreed.
[center]
Jul 26, 2013 2:21 PM

Nov 2012
trap.. trap everywhere -_-

utsu-tsu really cute in this episode..
ah! XD I cant wait for the sub :p
Jul 26, 2013 2:41 PM

Jul 2013

Totally thought this girl was Hajime at first glance.

Nice ep though! Things are advancing nicely. I found the influence of Galax kind of amazing tbh. The only people who didn't really trust an update from it were the elderly who didn't seem accustomed to change. The 100 people that were given 'power' also sound kinda cool too, hope they make an appearance soon.
Jul 26, 2013 3:29 PM

Jan 2011
飯うまーーー!

Utsu-tsu-chan so cute like an angel <3

Jul 26, 2013 3:37 PM

Jul 2010
I could seriously listen to that "Gatchaman!" soundtrack all day long.
Jul 26, 2013 3:58 PM

May 2011
Such a fun episode. I love that even as Hajime readily makes use of technology she isn't letting it take control of her life like others. She knows that to be dependent on it is not the way to go and I assume things will happen and eventually people will come to her way of thinking in moderation as well. Funny that such an enthusiastic girl might be the one to teach everyone a thing or two about taking it easy and letting decisions come your way instead of looking things up all the time.
Jul 26, 2013 4:01 PM

Jan 2013
Overall pretty good.
Some of it was boring
Jul 26, 2013 5:25 PM

Apr 2010
I was pessimistic about this show at first, but I freakin love it now.

Jul 26, 2013 6:01 PM
Apr 2012
This show is weird, I don't know if I really like it... but it's kinda cool, I like the strange universe and characters...
Jul 26, 2013 7:03 PM

May 2012
Awesome OST all throughout the episode..
Jul 26, 2013 7:34 PM

Jan 2011
Biggest surprise (pleasant) of the season for me and developing very nicely along plot lines. They seem to have taken the Gatchaman concept and not only updated it, but also brought it into line with current level of sophistication for anime. Not that anyone is counting, but at this point there are three characters who appear to be somewhat transgendered--is this a trend? Oh yes, and both the colour palette and the OST really pop for this.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 26, 2013 7:48 PM

May 2012
Utsutsushimasu...

Utsutsusuru

Awesome episode. <3
Hajimechan too CUTEEE.

Purei za geemu!
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 26, 2013 8:44 PM

Jul 2012
Good episode!!!
Jul 26, 2013 10:45 PM

Jan 2012
Cratex said:
VioLink said:
Amarrez said:

pray za gamu
Those three words tied a few loose ends together for me. Very intriguing.

totally stole reggie's catchphrase from E3
Jul 26, 2013 10:55 PM

Nov 2012
Hajime helps prevent the milk crisis with help of Galax Sugane as a decoy.

Stark700 said:

Oh and this is freaking cute:

Utsu-tsu looked so freaking kawaii.

VioLink said:

Hahaha yeah that was funny

lmao during this scene,for a moment there I thought Hajime got caught.

Amarrez said:

And the game begins,I wonder what "the crowds" are?

Good setup episode,it's changing my opinion on the show in a more positive light now.
Jul 26, 2013 11:05 PM

Jan 2012
Rui was obviously a trap from the very first time he was shown >_>;;

Anyways, I think this is going to be a great series @.@ Its so good.
So many questions in my brain. askljdslkg

The Crowds seem like something under Rui's control maybe or just under the Galax control? ;u; I dunno but I want to know.
Jul 26, 2013 11:16 PM

Jan 2011
Rui is definitely a trap. I'm guessing he's the main antagonist. Then again there's also Berg... He's such a weird character lol. Kisses people and transforms into them. Joe's voice makes him a lot more badass. :D Utsu-tsu is really moe and I really like her voice. Hajime acting all genki as ever. Sugane using a broomstick and distracting the teachers was gold. xD So the Crowds are actually those things that popped up at the end. Great build-up episode overall. Also, the OST in the second half of the episode was amazing. Got me so hyped. :)
5/5
Jul 27, 2013 12:56 AM

Jan 2013
I loved how Joe just kicks ass and doesnt even turn into a Gatchaman!
Jul 27, 2013 1:50 AM

Nov 2012
The number of cross dressers in this show is too damn high.

Utsutsu was kawaii as fuck.
Slaine did nothing wrong.
Jul 27, 2013 2:35 AM

Oct 2009
I can't wait for next episode, it's time for Joe to burn!
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jul 27, 2013 3:18 AM
Sep 2011
rodac said:
Not that anyone is counting, but at this point there are three characters who appear to be somewhat transgendered--is this a trend? Oh yes, and both the colour palette and the OST really pop for this.

Whether it's a trend or not, it's safe to say that the director seems to have a faible for integrating eccentric and colourful characters into the story matching the quirky tone of most of his work, see the psychiatrist Irabu in Trapeze, Masakaki in C or the DUCK organization in Tsuritama.

DaWizard said:
The number of cross dressers in this show is too damn high.

While this show certainly doesn't lack flamboyant characters, I only see one crossdresser so far which would be Rui.
Jul 27, 2013 3:43 AM

Apr 2009
Show has gotten really interesting and im loving Hajime's character. It does look like they are on a collision course(Hajime and Rui). Im looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 27, 2013 4:15 AM

Jun 2008
Zel_Ezl said:

WTF! My brain exploded. It's a guy? Then wtf with the female voice?
Jul 27, 2013 5:52 AM

Jul 2013
I really like how Hajime view things that happen in life, like in the scene with the car that almost hit them, there be a lot of reasons as to why that person was driving so fast, so we shouldn't just jump to conclusions and be angry about it, it seems like each episode that passes, I grow more respect for Hajime.
Also, Utsu was too cute when she got licked by the cat, and it seems like the story is going to pick up next episode, can't wait, I'm already enjoying this show.
I'm really digging that OST as well lol.
Jul 27, 2013 6:03 AM
Dec 2012
I noticed that Rui has this group called the hundred and our newest character Hajime is #101 in the Spiritual Precipice. For reference, Utsu-tsu is #99, Sugane Tachibana is #96, Joe Hibiki is #89, OD is #12, and Paiman is #3. I imagine this will come into play at some point. The scary thing is that Joe is 89 and has been a Gatchaman for 10 years. OD is #12 which is suspicious... and Paiman is #3 but he's also a panda so who knows how he ages.
Jul 27, 2013 6:48 AM

May 2012
AOTC.
Really, I had zero expectations for this show. I hope it will keep on proving me wrong like this.
Sexy OST, good animation AND artistic direction (for once, thank god), a colourful but actually interesting cast (Saya clone aside, I hope she'll get better) and the story seems to be taking an interesting path. Keep it up.

If everyone was like Hajime, the world would be a better place.
Jul 27, 2013 7:55 AM
Dec 2012
Zel_Ezl said:

Cross dressing, just, has nothing to do with being gay...

rodac said:
Not that anyone is counting, but at this point there are three characters who appear to be somewhat transgendered

and I wouldn't use transgendered to describe any of these characters. Berg, in particular is a lot of things before being transgendered, like he doesn't appear to be human.

Edit: I just read Berg's profile and the character described there does seem to have some strange gender identity.
ImosaJul 27, 2013 8:00 AM
Jul 27, 2013 9:13 AM

Oct 2007
Voldomino said:
AOTC.
Really, I had zero expectations for this show. I hope it will keep on proving me wrong like this.
Sexy OST, good animation AND artistic direction (for once, thank god), a colourful but actually interesting cast (Saya clone aside, I hope she'll get better) and the story seems to be taking an interesting path. Keep it up.

If everyone was like Hajime, the world would be a better place.

I had moderate expectations for this show and so far it's managed to disappoint pretty much all of them. The characters are lousy and frankly while I have little issue with alternative lifestyles I don't know why every other character needs to be an example of one, the sense of pacing and exposition is borderline non-existent, the animation quality control is abysmal....the soundtrack is alright but that's about all this has going for it right now. It just gets so many basic storytelling and expositions things wrong I find it utterly baffling as to how this could have been allowed to happen. I think even Nakamura and Tatsunoko's last team up in [C] had a better opening set of episodes, it's just that slipshod.

Just unacceptable setup and execution for me. If it can't pick it up next week when it looks like it really wants to go for it finally then it's an easy drop for me. Setting my expectations at the lowest possible level and totally prepared for it to drop the ball on the frankly already kind of weak cliffhanger setup somehow.
PeacingOutJul 27, 2013 9:18 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Jul 12, 2013

299 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 7, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VioLink - Sep 27, 2013

213 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 4:49 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

93 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 2:31 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VioLink - Sep 13, 2013

103 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 18, 2023 1:21 PM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2013

128 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 16, 2023 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.