Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2009 7:57 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
another batch of rebels has been silenced. not much action form the admiral, but oh well. maybe it will pick up again in a couple episodes.
Jan 21, 2009 9:38 PM

Aug 2008
Hmm, anyone else think Fan looked ridiculous in his emo coat and hat? Why is he still wallowing in "despair?"

What is Tytania the show about? I mean, it's called "Tytania", but the protagonist is not of Tytania, nor was he even against it until the last 2 episodes. Jouslain has somehow in the past however many episodes become the de facto leader of Tytania, so much so that every one of the dukes and even the freakin clan lord asks his advice, ruling out a reason for him to even have to die. Is this about Jouslain's rise to power? Or is this one big set up for both Fan and Jouslain in the style of LoGH for Yang and Reinhard?

Now Fan is going on this tacky "finding myself" journey that doesn't make any sense, only to waste time and bring back in the loli, who must have some bigger part in this story since they insist on bringing her back.

I don't understand what I'm supposed to be focusing in on as a viewer. Is this just a painting of the world that the characters live in, where no single person is more important than another? Is this a prelude to the downfall of Tytania? I just don't know where this is going, and not in a good way.
Jan 22, 2009 3:26 AM

Jun 2008
Really, where is this show heading to?
From the first episode till now the only important thing happened is just that Fan became an enemy of Titania, and that's it.
Jan 22, 2009 5:53 AM

Aug 2008
Karen > Lydia > Lira - What ANBU says.. :D
Well well, this Jouslain Tytania is something.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Jan 22, 2009 8:59 AM
Feb 2008
interesting episode. nothing really happened, but at the same time, i thought it was a bit fast paced. it was also a bit weird as to how bal'ami's father died. the gun was on his right hip, but it ended up in his left hand?

it was nice to see bal'ami change as a definite, but i knew that it was going to happen. The only time when he's really had anti-tytania sentiments that we can see is when he was on the ship with jouslan.ah well.
Jan 22, 2009 11:28 AM
Apr 2008
noteDhero i completely agree, the whole "despair" scenario as u put up was pointless. even though fan is not of tytania im sure they will find a way to throw a curve ball at us, so to speak. and as for fan finding himself i dont think thats happening this is more a ploy to bring him into contact with other characters who may or may not be important to the plot of the story
Jan 22, 2009 11:37 AM

Aug 2008
hmm, maybe...that probably is more in line with what has happened every other time he landed on a colony.
Jan 22, 2009 1:04 PM

May 2008
i am beginning to wonder if this are ep's are based on the novel's or if they are "filler" eps. The novel's were never finished so there is chance that the novel storyline as already ended and now they are making up their one ep's.
Jan 22, 2009 2:52 PM
Feb 2008
oh, i forgot to say this.

theres no way that ajman didn't know about jouslan's plan. no way. reason being that otherwise, how would the 'jouslan going to emmental' thing have happened?
Jan 22, 2009 3:03 PM
Dec 2007
noteDhero said:
Is this about Jouslain's rise to power? Or is this one big set up for both Fan and Jouslain in the style of LoGH for Yang and Reinhard?

I believe so since the beginning of the series, we are experiencing Fan/Yang's and Jouslain/Reinhard's rise to power. At least that's what I'm expecting from Tytania, but I may be totally wrong?

The episode by itself was very well written and we're slowly moving on from Lila's death and Fan's official declaration of war towards Tytania to a more LOGHish scenario of political manipulation. As expected, Jouslain is quite the strategist, but I expected a lot more from Zarlish than being simply manipulated by his mother...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 22, 2009 3:11 PM
Feb 2008
i don't think its a matter of him being manipulated by his mother. he loves his mother, and it pained him that she loved alses more than she loved him. this is kinda like his way to get her love back.
Jan 22, 2009 6:04 PM

Aug 2008
Jacut said:
noteDhero said:
Is this about Jouslain's rise to power? Or is this one big set up for both Fan and Jouslain in the style of LoGH for Yang and Reinhard?

I believe so since the beginning of the series, we are experiencing Fan/Yang's and Jouslain/Reinhard's rise to power. At least that's what I'm expecting from Tytania, but I may be totally wrong?

The episode by itself was very well written and we're slowly moving on from Lila's death and Fan's official declaration of war towards Tytania to a more LOGHish scenario of political manipulation. As expected, Jouslain is quite the strategist, but I expected a lot more from Zarlish than being simply manipulated by his mother...

I want to think so too, in fact, as I typed the question, that was my immediate answer; but the problem is that we are given so little in the writing that suggests that. Fan has been the focus, but has done little to nothing for the past 14 episodes. He didn't care about Tytania until some random girl he knew died. We know absolutely nothing about Jouslain's background. All we know is that Bal'ami and his princess see something "good" about him. He doesn't seem to be antagonistic towards the Tytania structure, so it can't be that. Fan is so remarkably different than Yang, and Jouslain so different from Reinhard that I'm afraid I can't draw a comparisons between the two protagonists.

I don't think this episode was well written at all. On the other hand, I think it was very well directed, and in fact the whole show is well directed. This whole episode could have been completely devoid of dialogue, and still gotten across 90% of what happened. In fact, the mediocre writing, and downright bad voice acting (Bal'ami, Ajman, Zarlish mom) very much got in the way of what was happening on screen, and even made it seem campy (this also happened with pretty much everything to do with Alses' story).
Jan 22, 2009 7:40 PM

Dec 2007
This epiosde was decent to me, and I wasn't excepted that Fan went to hide again.
Jan 23, 2009 11:46 AM

Feb 2008
Great episode. Is it me or did the budget seem really good on this one? The characters actually looked pretty impressive for once.
Jan 23, 2009 7:46 PM

Sep 2007
I freaking lol'd when that guy fell down the stairs. What purpose did that have?

Also, updated list of the characters in Tytania that I care about:

Princess Lydia
The shoe-shiner girl
The smuggler guy
Alses' Mother

And it's really depressing that I don't know 3/4 of my favorite characters' names...
Jan 24, 2009 10:07 AM
Jun 2007
naikou said:
I freaking lol'd when that guy fell down the stairs. What purpose did that have?

took a while before someone commented on that. D:

that sequence was just to incredibly absurd, especially on a show of this scale. all that scheming, that manipulation from the shadows, the treason, everything went down the drain in the manner of just slipping down the stairs.
Jan 24, 2009 10:31 AM

Sep 2007
^ And it doesn't even have the epic hilariousness of him breaking his neck from it. At least it would have been funny if he just... fell down the stairs and died, while his son is like, "Nooooooooo!!!!"

But no... they kill him off in a different way a minute later. That scene was... completely pointless.
Jan 27, 2009 9:23 AM

May 2008
Did anyone else think that Karen's wheat was laced with LSD? ;)

I am a banana.
Jan 29, 2009 1:39 AM
Jun 2008
saka said:
Did anyone else think that Karen's wheat was laced with LSD? ;)

epic fail

you posted about something that happens in ep 15 in the ep 14 thread.

Good work
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Feb 18, 2009 4:26 AM

Jan 2008
I still can't decide who i favor the most, fan or jouslain.
~de Arimasu
Feb 11, 2010 11:12 PM

Jul 2008
so looks like the coup was a total bust, oh well. too bad for them.
but whats fan up to now?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 20, 2013 3:45 AM

Nov 2009
It's sort of annoying that my favorite character (if you could call it that) gets almost no screen time and is always underestimated (maybe, maybe not, not sure at this point if he is competent or not) . . . But anyways Ariabert is basically the only character with even a glimmer of hope at this point (since I feel the series is blatantly pushing the viewer to either love Fan or Jouslain) . . .

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tytania Episode 26 Discussion

skriticos - Mar 31, 2009

49 by oooo3333 »»
May 3, 2022 2:36 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 20 Discussion

noteDhero - Mar 13, 2009

21 by Cnon »»
Feb 22, 2021 1:58 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 21 Discussion

cyruz - Mar 20, 2009

25 by Accelerator48 »»
Oct 22, 2020 6:34 AM

» Does the anime cover the entirety of the novels?

Rarestar - Jun 1, 2019

2 by Roloko »»
Jun 28, 2020 6:56 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 17 Discussion

Faust721 - Feb 14, 2009

21 by Gundam_Sage »»
Feb 5, 2019 9:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.