Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2009 12:37 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Half the episode spent on the two brain-dead love-birds? What a waste. BTW - why can't they cross the bridge to get to the other side? (Maybe they're too stupid.)

Also, did the animation studio change between the first and second halves of the episode? Kyoani must be running out of animation money quickly on this series.
Jan 25, 2009 12:41 AM

Sep 2007
I'm still trying to figure out how the real world story coincides with the Heavenly world story... unless there is absolutely no correlation. I rather watch the battle in the heavens instead of this slice of life drama llama fest.

The animation looked the same. I didn't see any real changes in the episode.
Jan 25, 2009 3:58 AM
Mar 2008
I don't see anything wrong with this anime, maybe I just find the marrying thing a bit silly.
I'm looking forward for more :)
Jan 25, 2009 4:41 AM

Jul 2007
dbaranyi said:
BTW - why can't they cross the bridge to get to the other side? (Maybe they're too stupid.)

this is symbolically to overcome their problems >.<
Use your imagination ;)
Jan 25, 2009 7:07 AM

Jun 2008
A nice episode. There were some new scenes, which clearly stood out from the older OVA animation.
Jan 25, 2009 9:13 AM

Oct 2007
I enjoyed this episode and see a lot of potential for this series. The combination of slice-of-life and fantasy action is the perfect combination in my opinion. Those two genres are among my favorites.

The "marriage" scene was weird and I'm not sure how this ties into the other world. I also find this relationship to be a little disturbing, only because the girl looks and acts younger than her age.

As for the overall show I'd probably rank it fourth among new shows I've seen this season. I think it has the potential to be one of the best if the story is developed correctly.
Jan 25, 2009 9:13 AM

Jun 2008
The animation is still nothing like what we see in the OP, but I think it's still pretty good.

The episode itself is fine. As for crossing the river I kinda wonder if maybe she mistook his trying to kill himself for trying to get to the other side..... I'm sure this subplot will finish up next ep.

Anyone else think that King Munto is pretty epic, and that all of his power is stored in his cape?

Do we live to watch Anime, or watch Anime to live?
Jan 25, 2009 1:22 PM

Feb 2008
Hmm... average episode. It wasn't boring but it also wasn't special.

Bluestreak2 said:
As for crossing the river I kinda wonder if maybe she mistook his trying to kill himself for trying to get to the other side

Yeah, that's right what I'm thinking.
Jan 25, 2009 1:58 PM

Dec 2007
well. nothing new here, is just like the 1st ova, maybe will see something new after she crosses the time barrier

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jan 25, 2009 2:27 PM
Dec 2007
Very intriguing, I don't particularly love this series, but there's still something that prevents me from dropping it. Maybe I'm just curious to know what's the relation between the real world and the other world? Maybe the Escaflowne vibes (yes, Munto is Van, everyone can see it, right? ;p)? I don't know, but I'll watch some more for sure. Oh and I find the animation pretty good myself compared to other shows released lately.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 25, 2009 3:45 PM

Apr 2008
I'm really enjoying this show ^^
Anyway, that robot thing remembered me the one in FLCL °°

Jan 25, 2009 4:32 PM

May 2008
uhhh it was just ok im not really into it yet

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 25, 2009 5:29 PM
Jun 2007
I like it so far. But Yumemi is gonna make me pop a blood vessel if she doesn't toughen the fuck up soon.

Jan 25, 2009 7:23 PM

Oct 2007
silvver said:
dbaranyi said:
BTW - why can't they cross the bridge to get to the other side? (Maybe they're too stupid.)

this is symbolically to overcome their problems >.<
Use your imagination ;)
LOL , good one, silvver.
The main reason is not about standing on the other side.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 26, 2009 7:40 PM

Sep 2007
AnimusNathan said:
I like it so far. But Yumemi is gonna make me pop a blood vessel if she doesn't toughen the fuck up soon.

Incorrect. Munto is the one being completely moronic about the whole thing.

*flash of lightning*

"YUMEMI! COME WITH ME TO SAVE THE WORLD WITH YOUR MAGICAL POWERS!!!"

"wtf."

"AKUTO!!! BELIIIIEEVE IN YOURSEEELLFFFF!!"

"Like I said wtf are you-"

"DON'T SAY 'YOU'! I AM MUNTO-SAMAAA!!! agghh...."

*disapears*

Seriously, what a retard.

And Kazuya needs to lrn2girlfriend. Of course people are going to think you're a pedophile if you pick Suzume of all people to "Marry".

Edit: fixed an incorrect name
naikouJan 30, 2009 9:49 AM
Jan 26, 2009 11:15 PM

Jul 2008
Well, this is definitely interesting. Like everyone, I'm still trying to put the pieces together regarding the two worlds but I'm at a loss. Can't really wait for the next episode, I'm really intrigued as to where this is going.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Jan 27, 2009 8:57 AM

Oct 2008
I liked this episode and im looking forward to seeing how Munto deals with the invincible robot thing.
Jan 28, 2009 7:20 AM

Jul 2008
The animationstyle is little weird, I remembered that it was like Clannad's :'''D

But seiyuu's are good and characters are good by nature... So I guess there is nothing to complain now :p

Jan 29, 2009 10:44 PM

May 2007
naikou said:
*flash of lightning*

"SUZUME! COME WITH ME TO SAVE THE WORLD WITH YOUR MAGICAL POWERS!!!"

"wtf."

*disapears*
I lol'd. Seriously, does Munto think that she will just come with her because he said so?

This show is too slow and I don't like the animation, but I'll continue watching it because of Wakamoto Norio. As long as they don't rush to finish it, that is.
Jan 30, 2009 3:14 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
DaBigD said:
naikou said:
*flash of lightning*

"SUZUME! COME WITH ME TO SAVE THE WORLD WITH YOUR MAGICAL POWERS!!!"

"wtf."

*disapears*
I lol'd. Seriously, does Munto think that she will just come with her because he said so?

This show is too slow and I don't like the animation, but I'll continue watching it because of Wakamoto Norio. As long as they don't rush to finish it, that is.
On a side note: you're confusing Kazuya x Suzume with Munto x Yumemi I believe.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 30, 2009 9:49 AM

Sep 2007
Ah. Indeed. Don't know why I switched the names, really.
Feb 1, 2009 10:11 AM
Nov 2008
I'm interested in where this show is going, I think it's got some potential. Not my favorite so far this season, but not the worst.
Feb 4, 2009 3:25 AM

Sep 2008
Epic
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Mar 26, 2009 9:51 PM
Mar 2008
Liked it, episode felt long as hell. The Suzume story was pretty cute, but weird. Really like the animation so far. Munto is horrible at explaining stuff, and Yumemi should question his attire.
Apr 5, 2009 6:47 PM

Jul 2008
Suzume's story is just too weird for me to think anything good about it. She acts and looks like a child while Kuzuya looks and acts like a normal teenager. Ok so she "saved his life". Which to me, it didn't really look like that was what was happening in her mind.
Jun 8, 2010 5:02 PM
Feb 2010
AnimusNathan said:

Agreed. Munto showed up begging for her help at least three times, and she's still like, "I don't believe you.", "Who are you", etc. She's starting to REALLY annoy me.

And about the two dumb lovers... Did they ever say how old is Kazuya-kun? Suzume looks about half his size, so he gives off lolicon vibes...

Aug 26, 2013 9:03 PM

Nov 2011
I'm not sure what's the deal with the first half with Kazuya's story. Well, I guess I understand a little bit from his side? The talk about marriage shifted the mood quite a bit anyways.
May 15, 2020 9:18 PM

Feb 2014
Now that we know Kazuy's backstory I can see why Suzume is so important to him and with the two of them being young and naive I can see why they can be lovey-dovey but I think marriage is jumping the gun just a little bit xD

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I like how Yumemi's mindset is devleoping. I mean if I was already struggling with thinking I was hallucinating/delusional and some random guy popped out of no where demanding I help him, constantly interfering with my daily life and being with my friends I wouldn't be so quick to help him either...She goes from like deer in headlights wtf to angry like stop bothering me to okay I'll listen, and knowing that she's kind of lost going through life and trying to find meaning I can see how Munto constantly popping up in front of her is causing her to react the way she is and is devloping the way she is.

I feel like something bad in gonna happen to Suzume and Kazuya in the river...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2021 12:31 PM

Aug 2017
Wtf this random romance, creepy and filler. The true plot should start pls and Munto...stop those random appearances!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai Episode 3 Discussion

dbaranyi - Jan 28, 2009

48 by velvetnyan »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sonja - Mar 11, 2009

65 by Surface__ »»
Dec 28, 2021 3:25 AM

Poll: » Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai Episode 7 Discussion

Asrialys - Mar 10, 2009

31 by Surface__ »»
Dec 27, 2021 3:10 PM

Poll: » Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai Episode 8 Discussion

noteDhero - Mar 20, 2009

22 by Nurguburu »»
Jan 15, 2021 11:18 AM

Poll: » Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai Episode 6 Discussion

gameoffreak8 - Mar 11, 2009

7 by Nurguburu »»
Jan 14, 2021 2:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.