Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jul 25, 2013 11:16 AM

Sep 2012
-MgZ_ said:

So what comes next will be an original by Madhouse? They are not going to follow the Manga or whatsoever?
This is not what I meant. I never said there were no more LN after this. I said the 3 episodes makes up the vol.1, thus imply that there are further volumes (and the assumption is the anime will keep adapting the further volumes of the LN). I said "originally the LN is supposed to have only ONE VOLUME" because the author originally wrote just one volume for an competition. So everything tied up together at the end. Of course he later wrote more volumes to continue the story, but from a structure and story point of view this volume can almost be treated as a prequel - one reason of it is a major character is no longer there but also the scene is going to be shifted to an entirely new location with a lot more characters and complexity of the plot, so vol.1 feels a bit separate compared to other volumes.

Also please note that the manga is just another adaptation of the LN, like the anime.

Immahnoob said:
Wait, there's only ONE VOLUME and we're at the ending of the ONE VOLUME?
There WAS only one volume but of course there are many more now.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 25, 2013 11:42 AM
Aug 2012
Renji_Tamaki said:
After that,
I'm looking forward to next week's episode :)

Humphnie Humbert please come back TTwTT
Jul 25, 2013 11:54 AM

Apr 2012
OHHHHHHHH, okayyyyyyyy.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jul 25, 2013 12:12 PM

May 2011
Information said:
On a side note, am I the only one on this whole site who wishes people didn't write reviews for shows that haven't finished airing yet?

You are not the only one. I wish that MAL does something for reviews of series that are not even close to complete except for the long series.
Jul 25, 2013 2:06 PM
Feb 2013
So this kinda sucks.
I was such a fan of his and now he just died? I mean yeah it's right and he died happily and daughter and tears and touchiness but - really? He was such a badass character who could have kept the anime interesting easily.
Jul 25, 2013 2:42 PM

Mar 2013
Yukichan2yaoi said:
ihateeveryone said:
Yukichan2yaoi said:
I think they should be couple its really disappointing and all but know he dead!!!!!!!!!!!? NO MY LIFE JUST ENDED :"(((((

She's 12 and he's in 30's.

He's her father.

What.
age has nothing to do with love :P

What the fuck is wrong with you?
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jul 25, 2013 2:44 PM

Apr 2012
Pusswookie said:
Yukichan2yaoi said:
ihateeveryone said:
Yukichan2yaoi said:
I think they should be couple its really disappointing and all but know he dead!!!!!!!!!!!? NO MY LIFE JUST ENDED :"(((((

He's her father.

What.

What did he say wrong?

Autocrat said:
Jul 25, 2013 11:53 PM

Jun 2009

YOU STUPID! STUPID!! BITCH!!!

WHY THE FUCK YOU BURY HIM?!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2013 12:22 AM

Apr 2012
AirStyles said:

YOU STUPID! STUPID!! BITCH!!!

WHY THE FUCK YOU BURY HIM?!!

Yeaaaaaahhhh, I'm certain Kizuna wanted to live as an undead after hunting so many to put them at peace.

Also, it's the daughters job to bury her parents, it's a nice shoutout to the tradition.

Autocrat said:
Jul 26, 2013 3:26 AM

Mar 2012
Immahnoob said:
Pusswookie said:
Yukichan2yaoi said:
ihateeveryone said:
Yukichan2yaoi said:

He's her father.

What.

What did he say wrong?

ಠ_ಠ
Jul 26, 2013 3:28 AM

Apr 2012
xAvengerx said:
Immahnoob said:
Pusswookie said:
Yukichan2yaoi said:
ihateeveryone said:
Yukichan2yaoi said:

He's her father.

What.

What did he say wrong?

ಠ_ಠ

So... What did he say wrong then?

Autocrat said:
Jul 26, 2013 3:42 AM
Aug 2008
Well this episode will make many people drop the anime, since the badass MC died. MAL has to update the Hamburger into support role not main.
Jul 26, 2013 3:57 AM
Jul 2010
dec0de said:
KILL OFF MY FAVORITE CHARACTER WHY DON'T YOU.

My thoughts exactly. Since the beginning I was like "meh, I don't really care for the little girl, but HH is really cool". And he's dead already. What?

And with that, the story felt weirdly complete. They tied up every loose end, leaving no mysteries to be answered in the next episodes. Awkward.
FlashmudJul 26, 2013 4:01 AM
Jul 26, 2013 4:00 AM

Apr 2012
Why do people think that all the story possibilities must be introduced in the first episode?

And this isn't even complete, we don't know why God left the world on Sunday, we have no idea how the world is, how bigger cities are with the new world order. Ai is a half gravekeeper, she will have to travel like any gravekeeper, so she'll meet different people with different problems and mature. We haven't seen much about the plague.

There are so many good possibilities.

Autocrat said:
Jul 26, 2013 5:38 AM

Jan 2008
As slightly confused as I was when watching the episode and as ridiculous as it was with lolis doging bullets, the immortal not being immortal and the existence of shimapans, it didn't stop me from enjoying it. The ending had many feels, especially with the ending song.

Really curious as to whats going to happen now.
Jul 26, 2013 6:45 AM

Nov 2009
That was really sad. :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2013 6:52 AM
Oct 2011
Never expected that...seriously...T.T
Jul 26, 2013 9:11 AM

Mar 2012
was still sad to see the loli kicking bastard die

also very confusing; he dies; he is revived again and then he dies for real even though he is immortal and a main character
Jul 26, 2013 10:27 AM
Oct 2012
Oh God, It's Gurren Lagann all over again...
Jul 26, 2013 11:47 AM

Jan 2013
Any one else notice that one main character death increased this shows rating by a half of a point?

Is MAL really that easy to impress?

So far this show has had no story.

I enjoyed it a lot, but giving a show high marks 3 episodes in just because a main character with virtually no backstory died and because you are angry that god made you ugly is lame.

Give the show some time to breathe before you get fangirl.
Jul 26, 2013 11:54 AM

Jan 2011
This was pretty good, kind of predictable but this definitely had impact.
The dodging bullet crap made me facepalm, at least make it look like slow-motion.
Please don't turn into the next Shingeki... moar plot!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 26, 2013 11:57 AM

Jan 2013
MasterMeNL said:
This was pretty good, kind of predictable but this definitely had impact.
The dodging bullet crap made me facepalm, at least make it look like slow-motion.
Please don't turn into the next Shingeki... moar plot!

How does SnK not have plot?

Edit to add for stupid people:

Punching bad guys =/= plot.
Jul 26, 2013 12:48 PM

Feb 2013
Someone mind explaining to me what the whole deal with the villagers were? At first it was like, Humpiewhateverthefuck killed everyone but why? And I thought people couldn't die? And then bits of it is explained this episode but I'm still confused. Why were the villagers "pretending" to be alive?
Jul 26, 2013 12:57 PM

Jan 2013
Hopefully someone correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding, the villagers probably died around the same time Ai's mom did, but they kept on "living" for the sake of Ai who was still a little kid. They were basically sane zombies, bodies rotting and all that. Then comes "Humpiewhateverthefuck" as you call him, seeing a whole village of "dead people" and he kills them so they can "rest in peace".

By the people couldn't die, what they mean is that the soul can't leave the body. But once they "die", the body start to rot and their mentality start to change, becoming more selfish among other things.
Jul 26, 2013 12:58 PM
Oct 2012
Candeloro said:
Someone mind explaining to me what the whole deal with the villagers were? At first it was like, Humpiewhateverthefuck killed everyone but why? And I thought people couldn't die? And then bits of it is explained this episode but I'm still confused. Why were the villagers "pretending" to be alive?

In this world the spirit remains in the body despite the body dying. That is what it means that people "can't die". Their soul will continue to animate the body despite the petrification of the body. In this world, over time these people lose their rationality and instead become more akin to animals, where sensual stimulation and maintaining their decaying bodies are all that is important to them. However because this occurs over time, and of course their loved ones won't admit that their beloved is changing into a monster, the dead end up exploiting the living, causing great damage.

Hambert knowing this took it as his mission to so severely damage the bodies that the soul can no longer animate the body (though it is still trapped until a gravedigger releases it). This is done usually by blowing off their heads.

The villagers were dead, but while their bodies were decaying, they still wanted to hold on to the happiness they had experienced in life for as long as they could.
Jul 26, 2013 1:25 PM

Oct 2012
He's dead, finally. Because he was pain in the ass. And I really don't get it why she was always liking him when he abused her all the time. And Humpney was stupid I have to say - how could he not recognize he is his daughter before (when she even told him in first ep)???

Dialogues in this anime are very bad. Characters and their motivations are very shallow. I wanted to drop this because I couldn't stand their stupidity (main heroine being the worst, Yuri is the best) but the end and his parting left me surprised I guess after all (well, first I was more like, what the hell? You kill off characted we hardly care of after three episodes, right? You didn't explained his immortality, right?). I will give this anime second chance, let's hope it gets better.
Jul 26, 2013 1:56 PM

Apr 2013
really disappointing I just started to like him and than what does he do??? he dies on me on episode 3... i'm sad :(
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Jul 26, 2013 3:20 PM

Dec 2008
can't believe he died already at ep #3
i wasnt expecting that AT ALL, not this soon at least ... ;___;/

anywys~
leeo268 said:

Why did that god take away Humbart's immortality right when he discovered his daughter? Abandon the world my ass. That god is a major troll.
-Oh you want immortality? Here, and I am also leaving the world and 'no one will be born'.
-Aw, you realize that you will be all alone eventually? Don't want immortality no more? Nop, no take back.
-Want happy family? Nop! your wife left you.
-So, you fallen into despair and no hope of every dying happily? I am getting bored.
-Here, you discovered you long lost daughter, who I gave special exception be born! I planned this hope for you 13 years ago. :)
-NOP! I taking back the immortality! You Died :D
-Get buried by your own daughter!! :D "MonoKuma laugh"

Troll god.. can't argue with that XD;

Jul 26, 2013 8:23 PM

May 2011
I was wondering why Scar didn't buried Hampnie Hambart as soon as he dies. After all, isn't she emotionless? Haha oooh well the scene between the father and daughter is good though~

Soooo at first God granted his wishes and granted him immortality. Though after God abandon the world God still can grant him his wishes to die happy. o.o Lets just see how the series will go.
Jul 27, 2013 1:26 AM

Apr 2009
This episode was good and touching in a sense that she got to meet her father and he meet his daughter. Tho it was the end of him for some unknown reason. The Gravekeepers suppose to have some kind of fighting abilities? Cuz Scar and even Ai were just OP like.lol.
DreddJul 27, 2013 1:29 AM
Jul 27, 2013 5:28 AM

Jun 2010
this cant be real,.,.i will miss you kizuna R.I.P
i guess he's happy now...he got to be buried by his daughter too..
Jul 27, 2013 10:11 AM
Apr 2011
OMG, very touching epsiode.... Ai chan.... T_T
and why humber must die, i like him, the combi of Hambert and Ai chan is the best.... T_T
Jul 27, 2013 5:06 PM
Jul 2012
That was freaking amazing.
"
Jul 27, 2013 8:52 PM

Aug 2008
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

orz

but i wonder why hambart said that he was looking for a black eyes woman,
ai's mom eyes certainly green -_-
Jul 28, 2013 12:06 AM

Apr 2013
it was unexpected
I really miss him now...Probably one of the saddest episode since many seasons
Gravekeepers are strong and mysterious. I wonder what other abilities do they have
5/5
Jul 28, 2013 12:13 AM

Apr 2009
"There was a man called Hampnie Hambart, and a gravekeeper called Alfa. I'm their daughter."

"And thus, after losing his wife,
making his daughter cry,
being seen off by a friend and a gravekeeper,

and leaving behind regrets,

the Man-Eating Toy (Hampnie Hambart) passed away."

At the tender age of 12, Ai has become an orphan, having buried her own mother and father - with her own hands. Yuri would say Kizuna is a lucky bastard - he lived like a terrible man, found the answer to his life's quest and died like a good father.

His immortality wasn't unlimited after all huh. I have to wonder just how many times those other scumbags killed him for his "reincarnation charges" to run out... or maybe it's because his wish can now be granted. Just when I thought the guy was becoming more likable... well have to say I wasn't expecting him to die on everyone else.

Apparently, the novel was only supposed to be one standalone volume, but got more so we can probably expect some kind of timeskip next episode.

The only issue I have with this episode is that it seems they had to rush through other stuff to end this "prologue" in 3 episodes.
Jul 28, 2013 1:11 AM

Dec 2012
I seriously did not expect that D:
I hope they somehow bring him back....
Jul 28, 2013 4:43 AM
Mar 2011
I knew he was going to die after the confirmation of the lover. :( Now it's going to entail her adjusting to her new life. I did like the dude with his blatant way of doing things. Why must story's give me these feels? Now I have to find something manly to do.
Jul 28, 2013 1:16 PM

Oct 2012
1. Ai wakes up and realizes that she hates Hampnie,then is fine later on.

2. Same immortal crap of wanting to die.

3. took Yuri one night to forgive Hampnie, and happily talks about him as his best friend again.( went from saving Ai, then threaten her against someone who was about to kill her, finally save her from drowning.)

4. Ai said that she can'y imagined Hampnie the kind of person who would resort to violence only if the reason is legit.

5. Ai confirmed that Hampnie is his father, then all of a sudden believes in him and that he does what he do for the greater good.

6. Yuri mention the way to capture Hampnie is to wait for him to revived. (makes no sense, you could just carry his dead body!)

7. Ai list out her mother's personality, and Hampnie finally realizes that Ai is his daughter. ( He should have seen the resemblance when he first met Ai !)

8. Ai hit someone with her blade looking shovel, and her hat fell off. (why her hat comes off so easily! Every time she does some strenuous work, her hat comes off. If the producer just wanted to show off her long hair, then keep the hat off!

9.An immortal guy who losses his memory of how he die if he died under great stress suddenly loses his immortality for no explain reason.

10. Kizuna Austin is then buried. ( the body will stop moving if the brain or the entire spin was severely damage. So it is safe to assume that Kizuna is just closing his eyes and waiting for his burial to be completed. The coffin was opened. So was he buried like that or they sealed it?)

All in all, this episode had so many plot holes and generic setting.
Jul 28, 2013 1:27 PM

Apr 2012
"Plot holes"

Please don't use words that you don't know the meaning of, thank you.

Autocrat said:
Jul 28, 2013 4:21 PM

Mar 2012
Someone please accompany me in my journey to search for dragon balls. WE MUST WISH FOR THE REVIVAL OF HAMPNIE HAMBART!

-I really liked him. The author is sooo cruel.
-At least he died happily though.
Jul 29, 2013 1:37 AM

Mar 2013
Immahnoob said:
xAvengerx said:
Immahnoob said:
Pusswookie said:
Yukichan2yaoi said:
ihateeveryone said:
Yukichan2yaoi said:

He's her father.

What.

What did he say wrong?

ಠ_ಠ

If you don't already see it then I doubt you're going to.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jul 29, 2013 1:48 AM

Apr 2012
Pusswookie said:
Immahnoob said:
xAvengerx said:
Immahnoob said:
Pusswookie said:
Yukichan2yaoi said:
ihateeveryone said:
Yukichan2yaoi said:

He's her father.

What.

What did he say wrong?

ಠ_ಠ

If you don't already see it then I doubt you're going to.

Then there's nothing wrong if you can't say it or you do not want to say it.

Autocrat said:
Jul 29, 2013 5:19 AM

Aug 2011
Wow stunning episode! I can't believe Hambert's fate already. The rescue scene was amazing with the slow motion bullets. It really made me emotional when Ai was burying him, that must have felt so terrible for her. I wonder what's the next step for Ai then. I envisioned this series to be a road trip with Hambert searching for Hana with Ai but this arc ended much quicker than expected.

Really loving this series, can't wait for the next eps!
Jul 29, 2013 8:27 AM

Sep 2011
Dako said:
I envisioned this series to be a road trip with Hambert searching for Hana with Ai!

so...a roadtrip to the graveyard about 500 feet away from them?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 29, 2013 8:25 PM

Feb 2013
Hmm, well that...was...

Question 1: was the original source material an anthology or something?
Question 2: If so, why didn't they tell us in the first place? If not, then what the heck was up with this episode?!

Having an arc is one thing, but this was a solid ended plot and a solid, ended short story. It was a short story the was beyond rushed that I almost felt the plot shatter on impact!

I really don't know what to really make of this show. At times it wants to be emotional and deep, but then it is hampered by bits of really back awkward comedy, and Ai trying to balance being cute and innocent with awkward and annoying.

HH's development was rushed faster than a bullet train with him being stoic, harsh and sarcastic to uber-emotional in less than a minute with no meaning. It is revealed that he IS really Ai's father and that the girl that he was looking for was Ai's mother, but while that wasn't a really surprising revelation, the actual scene of it was quite deep and emotional. HH finding out the the girl that he's been pimp-slapping and kicking off bridges and threatening to kill was actually his daughter was actually very nice and not one I've scene in regards to parents and their children in an anime before.

However, that very touching scene was pulled down with Ai and Scar's "fighting" and Ai's stupid lines as well as the homicidal circus freaks that really had no point in even being there other than plot contrivance. And then for no reason at all, this happens to be the one time, the one day, right after he's found something to live for, that HH just dies. This leads to a wonderfully emotional end scene where Ai spends the day with her zombie father and is forced to bury him in the end.

This would have been a wonderful end scene at the conclusion of a show. The only problem is that this is ONLY episode 3...
So at episode, 3, we've already killed a major character and tied up all missing strings (yes, we were all correct in that the village was all dead to begin with) and pretty much ended the series as it need to be ended. The only problem with that is that this is the 3rd episode and we've barely seen any of these characters and now all of a sudden it feels as though it's over even though we have 9 more episodes to go.

We did they rush through this like this? And if it is an anthology, there must have been better ways to do this? I had high hopes for this show in the beginning, but it's quickly becoming only average at this point. I don't like anthology stories and with HH gone, I really don't know if I want to be following his loli, scatterbrained daughter around and she goes on adventures.

I will give this episode an 8/10, but this show has gone down to a 6/10 in my estimation.
Jul 30, 2013 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
After some research, I've discovered that these three episodes compromised vol. 1 of this series.

Now, I don't know how long the original light novel was. But three episodes seems awfully short amount to compromise an entire novel.

Hell, the manga adaptation probably covers this area with about 20 chapters or so in total.

I do like this series, but I honestly think that the staff need to slow down their pace.
Jul 30, 2013 3:06 PM

Mar 2012
Didn't think he'd die so fast
Jul 30, 2013 6:50 PM

Mar 2013
This episode trolled me so much. I didn't expect Hampnie/Kizuna dying. I wonder what Ai will do now.
Jul 31, 2013 3:00 PM

Aug 2008
Too bad these 3 episodes were so rushed. It could make a great story but instead feels like watching something on fast forward and walking away for a few minutes... I wonder how they want to drag it on now.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

372 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

98 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

107 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.