Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Genshiken
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 28, 2013 8:34 AM

Nov 2010
Wow, that was so wrong in many ways, but sweet and Hilarious at the same time
New Madarame sounds more clear and mature
Jul 31, 2013 7:55 AM

Dec 2008
I'm glad the entire episode centered around someone from the old cast. Though Genshiken isn't a romantic drama, would've been interesting to see something revolving around Madarame, Saki & Kousaka.

Also...LMFAO! That Samus outfit!

This season is pretty entertaining so far.
Aug 2, 2013 6:52 PM
Aug 2010
GREW said:
Please no homo desu wa... please no...

Please no random Japanese that makes no grammatical sense.... desu wa.

Frontalbrise said:
Damn, I really love the story between Madarame and Hato. Wouldn't be too far of to have BL in a show about a club of BL-fans. ALso it would be nice for a change. I tried yaoi now and then, but it went fast all too arkward. This was really nice, without them falling over each other after five minutes.

Yep, I think they easily have the best and most intimate momments of any characters in the show. Its definitely not gonna happen though, this is not that kind of show and Mada is not gay. If Mada is gonna end with any of the girls of the show, its most likely gonna be Keiko.
annimorph said:
LOL. i am slowly falling for the trap called Hato[/]!!!!

Welcome to the club.
Aug 3, 2013 12:14 PM

Jan 2012
I feel for Madarame, he's loves gonna be unrequited :(
But the same could be said for Hato; hes gonna fall for Madarame either way XD
But still, i'm still hoping that Madarame scores Sue >.<
Aug 6, 2013 9:56 PM

May 2012
01:24 dat traparse

05:02 GOMY!

Too much BL... zzzzzzzzzzz

GSK1 >>>>>>>>>>>> GSK2
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Aug 12, 2013 4:37 PM

Jul 2008
symbv said:
Frontalbrise said:
LIquId4T0r said:
Madarame is K-on fag? Superb!
He also seem to like Milky Holmes.
Well, you can also see Ika-musume poster, and the figures have fate/stay night, bakemonogatari, miku and a bunch of other stuff. He has a broad taste.

All those figures and posters looked like the real thing, but Neige Hausen looked completely different. It's like the anime staff didn't know the character and just copied it from the manga and chose random colors for it.
NickienatorAug 12, 2013 4:43 PM

Sep 9, 2013 7:03 AM

Aug 2009
Loved all the anime references in this ep, especially in Madarame's room^^
Also, funny ep, Hato was hilarious with his delusions xD
Oct 6, 2013 7:36 AM

May 2012
Pretty decent development that epilogue was pretty funny I do miss her as main character :p
Feb 10, 2014 12:12 PM

Mar 2013
Hmm as much as I despise all the VA changes, especially Madarame's, I can't deny the Madarame did a decent job here, as a poor man's
Hiyama, Nobuyuki.

Good episode eventhough i'm not a fan of BL. Atleast the streak of Madarame focused episodes being good hasn't been broken.That may be enough to keep me going in a show that has forfeited the merits of its previous superior incarnations.
Sep 25, 2014 1:47 AM

Feb 2013
Madarame is easily my favorite character in Genshiken. That flashback with Saki. I hope Madarame find someone. Also Madarame had a crazy ton of anime figures and posters! I found it funny that they had to censor Asuka's suit at the very end. Good episode!
Nano1124Sep 25, 2014 7:09 PM
Jan 19, 2015 2:58 PM
Sep 2009
Sakonke5 said:
whoa ... was it me or did I just hear a song performed by hatsune miku at 7.46 min?? xD

You did!

Genshiken Nidaime OST Insert song - Poni Puni Song ぽにぷにそんぐ Vocaloid Ver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd7Hr9XwwY0

So is Poni Puni a reference to anything?
Mar 3, 2015 8:19 AM

Nov 2011
Poor Rararame-kun, I hope to find love and forget Saki, since there will never be a rift between her and Kousaka, although I've always hoped there.
Storytelling fun, but at the same time, there is a disconnect with reality, reducing the play a few moments, I like this formula.
Interesting and engaging introspection to Sasa and Hato.
Drawings and animations as good quality, even the soundtrack is good and catchy.
There was a complete upheaval in the anime of Genshiken, but this third season it works pretty darn well, I'm happy with everything.
Jun 4, 2015 9:03 PM

Jan 2010
Keiko doesn't look trashy anymore. What happened?

Besides that, they're once again giving Hato more attention, so it really does seem like he's one of the more important characters, at least for now. I don't mind though, as the part where his female side was talking to him and the scene after were quite something. First, I always enjoy some introspective questioning. Second, for some reason, I expected Madarame to make a big deal out of him sleeping on his bed and knocking over his figures, but everything was taken in stride. Madarame was actually very understanding. Third, their talk was actually quite nice. It's something I didn't expect out of Genshiken, much less its third season.

Now with the references. With only one viewing, I spotted the Lucky Star crew, Squid Girl, Yotsuba, Miku Hatsune, and I believe Sakura Kinomoto in Madarame's room. There's probably more that I missed, so this season is certainly more heavy on references than previous ones.
Jan 31, 2016 11:16 PM

Dec 2012
zeroryoko1974 said:
What was Susana talking about when she ran in on Sasahara and Madarame? An awl, penknife, and a potlid...Battle Royal?

You just made me realise that Keiko holding Madarame's tie is really similar to Kanji doing the same thing back in Genshiken 2. I even googled something like it and quickly found a comparison picture:

Guess it runs in the family. xD
Dec 11, 2016 3:37 PM

Feb 2013
Hato's girl personality was super funny.
I feel kinda sad for Madarame, he still loves Saki.
Jul 31, 2017 8:56 AM

Oct 2012
Sue.. Is that another monogatari reference?

I like how Hato male and female side have their own monologue.. or dialogue? xD
He can't cook!
So.. Hato isn't that perfect xD

3 months? Changing voice like that? Please teach me senpai! xD

Aww Madarame :(
I hope he can find his new love soon

Asuka's costume lol
"Signature removed"
Sep 5, 2018 2:04 AM

Nov 2011
Since when Ohno and Ogiue knew that Madarame likes Saki ? In the Genshiken 2, I remember that Ohno was still clueless when Angela mentioned it..

But it's good that someone know about his feelings.. It feel sadder when you don't have someone understand you, and Madarame keep his feeling alone so far, no friend to talk about it.. Yes, I understand that his friends are also Saki friends (club members), but I want someone like Tanaka or Sasahara can be a place for him to talk about it ...
I didn't say that he should be moving on from Saki.. The only way to moving on is to find someone else ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jun 19, 2020 5:42 PM
Feb 2020
Man.... I hope they get together. Would cute af
Nov 7, 2020 7:59 AM
May 2017
Misiakk said:
Buk_Lau said:
WHAT SONG IS THATTT!!!!????!! AT 7:46!!!!!!!!

I want to know too!

You can search in youtube with "poni puni song" keyword.
Sep 15, 2022 12:34 PM

Jan 2020
So, does that confirm Madarame is, at least, bi? Either way, that was a dope song playing throughout the end of the first half.

Based on his interactions with, and Hato's subsequent feelings, I guess, maybe not?

I do like the idea of Hato's cross-dressing form being his Stand. Though my first thoughts were more Persona-esque: his shadow. Similar to Kanji in 4.

That shrimp pasta dish looks like something I'd make. Except I probably wouldn't use ham. If I had to add another meat it'd be bacon, but I might just stick with shrimp, sauce, and tomatoes. It looked tasty.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 1, 7:42 PM

Feb 2019
hato-kun sans cosplay is pretty good looking
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

89 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 2, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

44 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

91 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

44 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

38 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 10:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.