Forum Settings
Forums

Visual Novel 'Fate/stay Night' to get New Anime Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2013 3:19 PM

Jul 2007
Kitsu-nee said:
Disliked the Stay/Night, loved the Zero series. I'm totally checking this one out, though my main problem is with the protagonist... Not even close in being as awesome as Kiritsugu.

Well, I haven't read the visual novel yet, so don't really know what to expect.

You do realize that Deen's Shiro has absolutely nothing to do with VN Shiro, right? no?
Jul 12, 2013 3:30 PM

Dec 2007
VioLink said:
This is nice but its like they forgot about Girl's work.

You're not alone bro.

Will we be able to see this anime someday?
Jul 12, 2013 3:33 PM

May 2010
Itachi_0893 said:
Well he is fucking badass in Unlimited blade works route.

Haven't yet watched the movie, it's made by Deen, is it as flat as the TV series or actually pretty awesome? Or maybe better just go and play the game?

Fai said:
You do realize that Deen's Shiro has absolutely nothing to do with VN Shiro, right? no?

Well, I have NO idea, after anime I really disliked that guy. I have some hopes in the Unlimited Blade Works movie, because I've heard that he became pretty badass there, and that this version actually knows, but I don't know now...
Jul 12, 2013 3:35 PM

Jul 2007

Damn, I can already imagine UBW adapted to its full glory, but can't have my hopes up too high as there's a high chance of this disappointingly being JUST HF adaptation.

Either way I hope we keep game's OST instead of whatever DEEN used.

Shit like this is beyond awesome:

And deserves to be unchanged.

Kitsu-nee said:

Well, I have NO idea, after anime I really disliked that guy. I have some hopes in the Unlimited Blade Works movie, because I've heard that he became pretty badass there, and that this version actually knows, but I don't know now...

THe main reason anime-Shiro comes off as annoying is that STudio Deen somehow thought it was SUCH A GREAT IDEA to simply SKIP and remove every and single scene of his character development that would give us ANY idea over on who he is.

UBW "movie" is plagued by same problems and is just as butchered. Considering DEEN LITTEARLLY CONDENSED A 10-12 HOUR LONG STORY INTO ONE HOUR LONG MOVIE

Either way game will always be superior since no adaptation can cover everything(since at least half the VN is Shiro's inner thoughts)
AhenshihaelJul 12, 2013 3:38 PM
Jul 12, 2013 3:49 PM

Jan 2009
awesome news, a total remake of Fate Stay Night will be better
Jul 12, 2013 3:54 PM

May 2010
Fai said:
THe main reason anime-Shiro comes off as annoying is that STudio Deen somehow thought it was SUCH A GREAT IDEA to simply SKIP and remove every and single scene of his character development that would give us ANY idea over on who he is.

UBW "movie" is plagued by same problems and is just as butchered. Considering DEEN LITTEARLLY CONDENSED A 10-12 HOUR LONG STORY INTO ONE HOUR LONG MOVIE

Either way game will always be superior since no adaptation can cover everything(since at least half the VN is Shiro's inner thoughts)

Ahh, thought so. So after all I'll probably stick to the game soon. Will watch the new anime, but most of all I'd love Stay/Night series to be remade. I can feel within potential of epicness comparable with the Zero series, damn.
Jul 12, 2013 4:03 PM

Oct 2007
It can't be stressed out enough, so I'll repeat once again:
Everyone who hasn't played F/SN VN yet, do it. Don't watch the anime. Just get the game.

CurrentUsername said:
Fai said:
CurrentUsername said:
The thing I hate the most about HF, after reading wiki is

F/Z isn't as amazing as you make it out to be. Gil was always arrogant and Saber was always dumb. She might say some things which seem smart but her behavior definitely isn't. Gil being slightly more rash in F/SN also makes sense plot-wise.

I hope you realize how pointless your criticism is considering F/Z is addition to Fateverse. Feel free to like F/Z more but F/SN came first, is main part of the story, and sets its mood. F/Z is just a prequel. It shows past of already established characters.

Fai said:
Twelve eps per route works fine for me
You can't be serious. No way in hell it's enough. Each route is ~25 hours in VN, you can't stuff it into four hours without completely butchering it. Or maybe you want ufotable's F/SN to be three DEEN's UBWs? Does it really work fine for you? One cour is not enough even for UBW which is the shortest route. Do you seriously want to get ANOTHER butchered adaptation? Two cours are minimum for one route.

Fai said:
Kurogashi said:
i just hope it won't be just a remake of the FSN route but an actual adaption of HF.
don't want to wait another 4 years for HF.

You NEED to remake fate for it all to make sense though - most of lore set up happens in fate and prologue. Without it and without UBW, HF would make no sense at all.
Not true at all. We already have F/SN, UBW, F/Z, there's plenty of info there. ufotable can change the anime slightly to include more info from previous routes in their HF adaptation too.
You need to realize (I don't know, maybe you played it years ago?) that F/SN is very long visual novel. If you want to adapt it properly, six cours, two for each route, are absolute minimum. Each two cour show takes ~1.5 year to make (including the time it's airing). That would mean five years for whole show. I really doubt ufotable would do that. Not to mention their art is good and they aren't skilled enough to maintain their high level on strict schedule so they'd probably need more time.
They should ride on F/Z's popularity and are obviously doing it but adapting all routes might tire the market and a lot of interest could be lost over time. Remember we are talking about years if adaptation is supposed to look good. F/Z had a lot of QUALITY despite being just two cours and even split ones! Ufotable will most likely take its time with F/SN and it might be too long if they were to adapt everything. I suppose they started working on F/SN shortly after F/Z 2 ended and considering we don't even have any sort of release date that would give them, let's say, two years. And half. Three cours, certainly not six.
HF seems obvious choice considering it pairs up with F/Z the best out of F/SN routes and other two were already adapted. Badly or horribly but they were. Not to mention people who watched them without playing the game, really liked them, only minority bashes DEEN's abominations. It's also the case for Japan, just look at their sales. I obviously don't know legal situation of Fate franchise and trademarks but I would imagine it's possible DEEN still holds some rights preventing ufotable from adapting first two routes.

@Fai, you're seriously blinded by your love for UBW.

Jul 12, 2013 4:14 PM

Feb 2012
I hope this will be similarly as good as Fate/Zero. Personally I really disliked Fate/Stay Night. Unlimited Blade Work was good but the main series was pretty horrible...
Jul 12, 2013 4:16 PM

Jul 2012
fck yeah!!! Great news!
hope they'll do Heaven's Feel
Jul 12, 2013 4:17 PM

Jun 2009
I don't think I've ever come so close to a fangasm as when I heard about this. Though I wish Ufotable would do the series from the very beginning.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 12, 2013 4:19 PM

Aug 2012
*fist in air, looks down dramatically* hell yea...

It's most likely gonna be the heavens feel route. They already did the other two, so it'd be a waste if they just redo fate route again.
The_Pro_At_StuffJul 12, 2013 4:38 PM
Jul 12, 2013 4:27 PM

Feb 2010
I woke up this morning and found another reason not to kill myself. No maybe I know and I was waiting for that day to come when HF would be animated (by ufotable).
Jul 12, 2013 4:34 PM

Sep 2011
This is good news consdiering how I liked Fate/Zero, Fate/Zero 2, Fate/Stay Night, and Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works. :)
Jul 12, 2013 4:35 PM
Aug 2010
so... are we gonna see that colored black saber in this one?
Jul 12, 2013 4:38 PM

Mar 2012
I've been waiting for a new F/SN anime by ufotable for awhile now, and now that day has finally come. Here's hoping they'll do a great adaptation of Heaven's Feel, and maybe some consideration in remaking Fate and UBW as well at some point.

Sparks Liner High OVA when?
Jul 12, 2013 4:42 PM

Jul 2007
suzumiyaharuhi51 said:
so... are we gonna see that colored black saber in this one?

Its certain if they adapt HF OR if they adapt all three routes, considering
. (Its unsure since so far all we have is one japanese fan exclaiming that "it looks sort of maybe similar to HF" and nothing more to go on with.

I'd say we will see it faster in Prism Illya than in this though.

Harkov said:
I've been waiting for a new F/SN anime by ufotable for awhile now, and now that day has finally come. Here's hoping they'll do a great adaptation of Heaven's Feel, and maybe some consideration in remaking Fate and UBW as well at some point.

Sparks Liner High OVA when?

forget sparks liner high. Give me Mind of Steel OVA.
Jul 12, 2013 4:45 PM

Jun 2009
Also, people that look through this thread and see all the rather passionate hatred for Heaven's Feel. In my experience with the VN community, both this route and UBW are about equally liked. However, both routes are very different from one another as to how they handle Shirou's ideal.

So, yeah, both routes are pretty divisive in opinion. Which is too bad, as I feel that the three routes of F/SN are meant to be taken as a whole. This is why I kind of wish that the entirety of the story would be adapted, especially UBW which was extremely neutered in it's adaptation.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 12, 2013 4:46 PM
Apr 2011
Hopefully it is 17+? Because HF is the most sexual route due to Sakura's "outbursts of passion" so taking that out will take a lot of meaning out of the route since Sakura's backstory is all about abuse and rape. I wouldn't mind if they remade Saber's route though, because Saber is nice.
Jul 12, 2013 4:46 PM

Jul 2007
insan3soldiern said:
Also, people that look through this thread and see all the rather passionate hatred for Heaven's Feel. In my experience with the VN community, both this route and UBW are about equally liked. However, both routes are very different from one another as to how they handle Shirou's ideal.

So, yeah, both routes are pretty divisive in opinion. Which is too bad, as I feel that the three routes of F/SN are meant to be taken as a whole. This is why I kind of wish that the entirety of the story would be adapted, especially UBW which was extremely neutered in it's adaptation.

Basically this.

Either adopt all routes or none at all.
Jul 12, 2013 4:48 PM

Feb 2013
I am literally close to tears. I cannot afford to die before a FSN adaptation from ufotable is shown. I just can't. I CAN'T!!!!!

I don't care if it's Fate, I don't care if it's UBW, I don't care if it's HF, I just know that I neED THIS!!!
Jul 12, 2013 4:51 PM

Jun 2009
Fai said:
insan3soldiern said:

Basically this.

Now, hold on. I sure as hell didn't say that. Yeah, I'd rather have an adaptation for all of the routes but, if it has to be, I'm fine with it just being HF.

But, well, let's see what they announce when the time comes.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 12, 2013 4:54 PM
May 2012
AWESOME!!1 I hope it's good. The stay/night adaptation........well we all know how that was.Can't wait!! TYPE MOON!!

Jul 12, 2013 4:55 PM

Jul 2007
insan3soldiern said:
Fai said:
insan3soldiern said:

Basically this.

Now, hold on. I sure as hell didn't say that. Yeah, I'd rather have an adaptation for all of the routes but, if it has to be, I'm fine with it just being HF.

Sorry, I am not fine with UBW route and its fanbase being majorly shafted in favor of HF.

I am not sure why HF fanbase wants it to be solely HF adaptation either considering HF alone would be impossible to comprehend.
Jul 12, 2013 4:56 PM

Jun 2008
Please, let it be HF.
With that my life would be complete.
Please ufotable, please do HF

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!
Jul 12, 2013 4:58 PM

Feb 2013
Fai said:
insan3soldiern said:
Fai said:
insan3soldiern said:

Basically this.

Sorry, I am not fine with UBW route and its fanbase being majorly shafted in favor of HF.

I am not sure why HF fanbase wants it to be solely HF adaptation either considering HF alone would be impossible to comprehend.

Let me just say this: if there is just a HF adaptation made, and people who haven't played the game complain they can't understand it: abandon them.

This adaptation is for US! The VN is right there, they have their chance!

And also Beasts Lair, if they want to have a week long argument about whether prana transfer through lip contact is feasible and not poisonous.
Jul 12, 2013 4:59 PM
May 2012
Quick question guys, is Realta nua version only for the ps vita or for the pc version as well?

Jul 12, 2013 5:00 PM

Mar 2012
Anyone has the PV for this?

EDIT: Is this it?
skwok-ravenJul 12, 2013 6:51 PM

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jul 12, 2013 5:02 PM

Feb 2013
Mrameez said:
Quick question guys, is Realta nua version only for the ps vita or for the pc version as well?

There should be a patch for Realta Nua on the PC that you can download, though, don't quote me on that.

Of course, if you mean to avoid the H-scenes, the PC version will have them no matter what. I don't think there's a safe version.

If you want it for the epilogue with
the PC version should be fine. I believe there is a safe Realta Nua PS2 version as well.
Jul 12, 2013 5:03 PM

Jul 2007
Raven-san said:

No that's HF opening for vita version of realta nua

the pv shown today comes out tomorrow.

Kami_no_Kage said:
Fai said:
insan3soldiern said:
Fai said:
insan3soldiern said:

Basically this.

Let me just say this: if there is just a HF adaptation made, and people who haven't played the game complain they can't understand it: abandon them.

And also Beasts Lair, if they want to have a week long argument about whether prana transfer through lip contact is feasible and not poisonous.

That's still favoritism towards HF over UBW by both typemoon and ufotable and that is unacceptable. Why should HF get a full adaptation and UBW - not? I personally love UBW way more, with HF being second and fate - last, so the idea that HF gets a full on anime series adaptation, while all UBW has is freaking 1 hour "movie" made with flash that completely butchers the story material is pretty much a stab in the heart.

Not to mention it makes no sense business-wise at all - Rin and Saber are far, far, FAR more popular than Sakura. Any high quality tv show ALSO has to have hooks to get new audience - that's why F/0 sold and worked so well for ufotable. Also you have to ensure that the new audience UNDERSTANDS ON WHAT THE HELL is happening, so it simply does NOT make any sense to adapt just HF in terms of business appeal.

Either way one looks - it does not make sense to JUST adapt HF. Stuff has to sell and alienating half the fanbase while taking away the chance to attract NEW fanbase just makes no sense.

That's like if Type Moon suddenly remade FSN VN and decided "oh well, we will just do HF and fate routes this time oh and at the same time we will cut out every second line of dialogue from both~"
AhenshihaelJul 12, 2013 5:08 PM
Jul 12, 2013 5:03 PM

Feb 2013
Raven-san said:

No, that's the PV for the PSVita remake of the original game. The actual PV for this hasn't been released yet as far as I am aware.

The only reason we're all saying HF is because some Japanese fan saw the PV in a private showing and said it "Maybe kinda sorta looks like HF."
Jul 12, 2013 5:04 PM
May 2012
Kami_no_Kage said:
Mrameez said:

There should be a patch for Realta Nua on the PC that you can download, though, don't quote me on that.

Of course, if you mean to avoid the H-scenes, the PC version will have them no matter what. I don't think there's a safe version.

the PC version should be fine. I believe there is a safe Realta Nua PS2 version as well.

Thanks alot. Now to get playing the VN.....

Jul 12, 2013 5:06 PM

Feb 2013
Fai said:
Raven-san said:

No that's HF opening for vita version of realta nua

the pv shown today comes out tomorrow.

Kami_no_Kage said:
Fai said:
insan3soldiern said:
Fai said:
insan3soldiern said:

Basically this.

That's still favoritism towards HF over UBW by both typemoon and ufotable and that is unacceptable. Why should HF get a full adaptation and UBW - not?

Either way one looks - it does not make sense to JUST adapt HF. Stuff has to sell and alienating half the fanbase while taking away the chance to attract NEW fanbase just makes no sense.

I was half joking actually. Actually, UBW is my favorite route too.

The thing is though, it's not an exaggeration to say I might not be an otaku if it weren't for FSN. The anime that made me start watching anime casually was Death Note. And FSN the VN was what convinced me that being an otaku as a 'lifestyle' of sorts was worth it.

So, I would be happy with anything, even if I want a good UBW adaptation better.

Edit: If they were to make a complete remake of everything, I could die happily after watching it all. :)
Kami_no_KageJul 12, 2013 5:13 PM
Jul 12, 2013 5:07 PM

Jun 2009
BloodRequiem said:
Obligatory

Now that's not playing fair.The first two are from 1:30 long videos. The third is a zoomed in shot from a faraway angle.
Deen doesn't have good animation but if you are going to compare them, play fair.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jul 12, 2013 5:07 PM

Feb 2013
Mrameez said:
Kami_no_Kage said:
Mrameez said:

Thanks alot. Now to get playing the VN.....

And thus another joins our ranks :) trust me, you probably won't be disappointed.
Jul 12, 2013 5:12 PM

Jul 2009
Wohooo! I can't wait! Dark Saber FTW!

When the rosario on her chest is taken off, Moka's vampire inner self awakes.
Jul 12, 2013 5:14 PM

Jul 2007
AidanAK47 said:

Now that's not playing fair.The first two are from 1:30 long videos. The third is a zoomed in shot from a faraway angle.
Deen doesn't have good animation but if you are going to compare them, play fair.

Here. Enjoy. Even 30fps gifs of ufotables scenes look 100000% better than DEEN's flash animation.

Also obligatory repost of stuff from before:
Shiro:

Saber:

Hence the point still stands.
AhenshihaelJul 12, 2013 5:17 PM
Jul 12, 2013 5:18 PM
Dec 2008
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AHHHHHHHHH GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
OMGGOMGOGOMOMGOGMOMOG
MY BODY WAS NOT READYYYYYYYYY
OMGGGG
Jul 12, 2013 5:19 PM

Aug 2012
So if they're adapting Heaven's Feel, Is it alright to start watching F/SN from there even if you only know the gist of the first 2 routes? The only thing I've watched right now is Fate/Zero.
Jul 12, 2013 5:19 PM

Feb 2013
kaena said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AHHHHHHHHH GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
OMGGOMGOGOMOMGOGMOMOG
MY BODY WAS NOT READYYYYYYYYY
OMGGGG

GET AHOLD OF YOURSELF MAN!

YOUR BODY IS READY! MY BODY IS READY! OUR BODIES ARE READY!
Jul 12, 2013 5:21 PM

Feb 2013
Beaver897 said:
So if they're adapting Heaven's Feel, Is it alright to start watching F/SN from there even if you only know the gist of the first 2 routes? The only thing I've watched right now is Fate/Zero.

No, if you really don't want to play the game, you should watch the anime and movie at least. HF is the last route you can play, with information assuming you read all the lore given in the first two routes.

If I were to try and explain the entirety of the lore of the Nasuverse to you, it would take up two forum pages.

Edit: And two forum pages is the condensed cram for the test version mind you.
Jul 12, 2013 5:24 PM

Jul 2007
Beaver897 said:

We do not know on which is the case though.

Some JP blogs claim its overall FSN remake of all routes, one person's impressions were that its just HF.

I'd suggest to wait till tomorow's PV to know for sure, but otherwise even if you know "the gist of it" chances are you would still miss character intricacies or details. FSN vn is A LOT of text. You could follow the basic plot if its HF adaptation, but most of details would be lost on you.

Kami_no_Kage said:
Beaver897 said:

No, if you really don't want to play the game, you should watch the anime and movie at least. HF is the last route you can play, with information assuming you read all the lore given in the first two routes.

If I were to try and explain the entirety of the lore of the Nasuverse to you, it would take up two forum pages.

This is inaccurate. Powerlevels alone would take up at least 150 pages.
Jul 12, 2013 5:25 PM

Feb 2013
Fai said:
Beaver897 said:

Some JP blogs claim its overall FSN remake of all routes, one person's impressions were that its just HF.

I'd suggest to wait till tomorow's PV to know for sure, but otherwise even if you know "the gist of it" chances are you would still miss character intricacies or details. FSN vn is A LOT of text. You could follow the basic plot if its HF adaptation, but most of details would be lost on you.

Kami_no_Kage said:
Beaver897 said:

Expanding on that, I have heard the VN be described as 40-50 hours long for the average(? fast?) reader.
Jul 12, 2013 5:26 PM

Jul 2007
Kami_no_Kage said:
Fai said:
Beaver897 said:

Kami_no_Kage said:
Beaver897 said:

Expanding on that, I have heard the VN be described as 40-50 hours long for the average(? fast?) reader.

That is about right. It takes around 50 hours to get every bad end and unlock every tiger dojo, as well as to finish the whole VN.
Jul 12, 2013 5:26 PM

Feb 2013
Fai said:
Beaver897 said:

Kami_no_Kage said:
Beaver897 said:

I said cram for the test. I meant basically a sentence of everything, lol.
Jul 12, 2013 5:28 PM

Aug 2012
That is fantastic news. I couldn't get past episode three of FSN so when I first saw this I thought "perfect now I don't have to bother" but I guess if this is just HF then I should just play the VN and maybe skip HF so I can enjoy seeing it for the first time with ufotable's outstanding animation. But then I'm sure I'll be interested enough to watch FSN and UBW...well, I definitely need to play the VN for sure.
Jul 12, 2013 5:28 PM

Jan 2010
Fai said:

I don't think anyone is arguing against you that a full revamp and adaptation of Fate/Stay Night would be bad or unwanted. I'm assuming that anyone who's excited for Heaven's Feel would want -at least- Heaven's Feel to be animated, and a revamp of the first two routes would just be extra awesome. It's not "let's have an animated HF for only us HF fans and have everyone else piss off," it's "let's have an animated HF at least, and grab anything else that we can get our hands on."

Best case scenario, we get the whole thing. Worst case scenario, at least have an animated HF. Something like that.
Jul 12, 2013 5:29 PM

Feb 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
That is fantastic news. I couldn't get past episode three of FSN so when I first saw this I thought "perfect now I don't have to bother" but I guess if this is just HF then I should just play the VN and maybe skip HF so I can enjoy seeing it for the first time with ufotable's outstanding animation. But then I'm sure I'll be interested enough to watch FSN and UBW...well, I definitely need to play the VN for sure.

Trust me. The VN will change you. It's a must play.
Jul 12, 2013 5:30 PM

Feb 2013
Shocked said:
Fai said:

I don't think anyone is arguing against you that a full revamp and adaptation of Fate/Stay Night would be bad or unwanted. I'm assuming that anyone who's excited for Heaven's Feel would want -at least- Heaven's Feel to be animated, and a revamp of the first two routes would just be extra awesome. It's not "let's have an animated HF for only us HF fans and have everyone else piss off," it's "let's have an animated HF at least, and grab anything else that we can get our hands on."

Best case scenario, we get the whole thing. Worst case scenario, at least have an animated HF. Something like that.

This guy. Better words than mine.
Jul 12, 2013 5:34 PM

Jan 2013
If this is true, and if this is Heaven's Feel route, I'll watch it, and I won't die until I finish it, even if I'm killed.

Seriously, best route for Shirou + UFOtable? Time to go epicingly motherfucker.

Jul 12, 2013 5:36 PM

Jul 2010
lad this series is getting another anime.
and than hopefully, HOPEFULLY, they do Tsukihime....

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

5 by Thanatos1 »»
14 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
2 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
6 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.