Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2009 11:18 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was actually more Marimite-like than the 2 before imho. It was slow, but the drama was there. I like it how everyone actually wants to Touko and Yumi end up together. But we got a little reminder about the 2nd season, and how first years dislike Touko a bit because of it.

Favorite scene was probably when Noriko started crying. It was nice to see, how much the "ex-antisocial" Noriko cares about Touko.

Favorite gag scene: definetly the one with re-acting what happend to Sachik and Yumi in the first season, and then Yumi bumping into Rei, and Rei saying "give me a break"... lol'd :D
Jan 18, 2009 4:31 AM

Nov 2007
I didn't understand so well what is happening with Touko... ><
But it was a nice ep, Kanako <3

Jan 18, 2009 7:19 AM

Aug 2008
I think it matches Touko's personality and the image i have of her, to be acting like this righ now. Im also very happy about the way this episode showed Yumi's and Kanako's relationship, and i would be happy if it was to stay like that.

Anyone that saw my thoughts about episode 2 and all the previous series in episode 2 thread, will know that if i want anyone at all to become Yumi's Petite Sœur its Touko, so im glad its trying to build upto that, even if Yumi's actions at this point will probably be annoying for those that desperately want them to become sœurs, im not too strongly affected by it.

As a side note, well more just going off topic, i watched Strawberry Panic the last few days, after seeing people comparing and recommending them. I thought it kind of drfited off the focus of Nagisa and Shizuma, and then made a last ditched attempt to bring it together at the end. Which yea, was fine, but due to that it gave a lot of attention to Tamao and Nagisa and got you rooting for them in Etoile Election. With Shizuma set to leave in a few months Nagisa being with Tamao as Etoile would of gave Nagisa the strength to continue after Shizuma left. By doing so it created the feeling that Tamao was delt such a harsh blow, in losing Nagisa right at the end, as after seeing that although i was happy for Nagisa and Shizuma, the endings focus ended up being claimed by Tamao and how sorry i felt for her. Ofcourse i have plently more to say about this, and the other relationships, but to avoid recieving too many comments, a long the lines of stick to topic, or hateful remarks, i will end it here, and i ask if anyone is willing or wants to discuss it please feel free to message me.
Jan 18, 2009 8:17 AM

Oct 2007
This episode brings it back to that Marimite feel for sure. I haven't read the novel translations but I know what's going to happen. I don't know if that made things seem like it's slowed down or not for me. I think it's more of the fact that it is actually going into character interactions instead of a more slice of life approach like they did for the first two episodes. It's like they had to rush through that part so they could get to the meat of the show which is Yumi picking a soeur.

The star of this episode by far is Noriko. Norkio has always been in the background for me. I knew she was there but never really cared. However, this episode changed everything. She was awesome. It's like she's got the observantness of Shimako, the kindness of Yumi, and the gumption of Yohsino all rolled into one. If this continues I actually might end up liking her character the most.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Jan 18, 2009 3:54 PM

Oct 2007
"You can just take one..."

So Yumi was planning to take both from the beginning?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 18, 2009 6:21 PM

Aug 2008
It was an interesting episode, the pace took a slight downturn, at the rate the two other episodes went at - the tea party should already be in full swing.

But I'm glad they slowed it down as to properly focus on Touko: her stoic personality, her social pressures being "the front runner", getting blamed for another couples misunderstanding, the in-built bitchiness that is with going to an all-girls school.

(Girls talking 'about' you, around you, but never 'to' you, and if you actually said something... they act surprised!)

Noriko: I always liked, she and Shimako having such gentle souls, this episode was a nice look at that again.

Poor Yoshino. The last time an episode was solely about her woes was back in season one, plus its implied Yumi is more popular and so, more first years want to be her Petite Sœur.

So will Yoshino find someone by the deadline? My vote points to 'No'.
The previews do show a sparkly girl with a Shimako-vibe but not enough has been foreshadowed - no annoying cousins, no stalker fan hiding behind trees, not unless she ends up with one of the girls from the journalism club or "mysterious transfer student".
Jan 18, 2009 11:27 PM

Feb 2008
well the subbed version i watched was rather crude so i couldn't quite sort out some of the translations. touko is just being stubborn, and the other girl just came to her senses a little.

if they were to find sisters in this way, it would be a disservice to the theme of the show since all the previous picks had been natural or otherwise with no real external impetus.
Jan 19, 2009 12:43 AM

Jul 2008
Siva said:
So Yumi was planning to take both from the beginning?

I would! <3

As for the episode, I can't wait until the next episode. I agree with Kisami though, I pefer a more natural coming together of finding sisters. Nonetheless, I'm sure that the show will pull it off like they always do. Just when I'm thinking "this is going to be terrible" the show always has me wondering why I doubted its direction. The next episode's party should be... interesting. Very excited. XD
Jan 21, 2009 2:54 AM

Jul 2007
^ Actually, until Yumi fought with Kanako earlier I was thinking she would pick both Kanako and Touko, as well. I mean, it would certainly be unprecedented in Yamayurikai history for there to be TWO petite seours for Rosa Chinensis en bouton. Then again wasn't it unprecedented for Shimako to become Rosa Gigantea en bouton when she was only a first year, and Rosa Giantea as a second year (she'll be Rosa Gigantea two years in a row)?

I don't know if Lillian Gakuen could handle eventually having two Rosa Chinensis that are basically polar opposites... And how would that work when they become second-years? They would both pick petite seours... I guess they'd have to add another Rosa seat to the council to avoid having two girls at the head for eternity...

Anyways, episode 3 was kind of all over the place. Yumi is so blind to Touko's problems this time around (compared to the issue with the drama club) so I wonder if she would even be able to handle having her as a full-time petite seour? Probably. I was actually really annoyed at Touko being so pig-headed about the whole thing. She obviously likes Yumi. But I was more annoyed at the other first years... They're very slyly introducing the fact that Yumi is insanely popular. They're so focused on the problems of the Yamayurikai in the series that before this season I never got a sense of that and even now it feels like it's come out of nowhere...

@_@ I have become completely obsessed with Marimite!
<---made of awesome!
Jan 21, 2009 8:47 AM

Aug 2008
Susan said:
They're so focused on the problems of the Yamayurikai in the series that before this season I never got a sense of that and even now it feels like it's come out of nowhere...

@_@ I have become completely obsessed with Marimite!

I agree, though it always showed Yumi as well liked in the Yamayurikai and with her other friends within the school, her overall popularity was never touched upon. Though i think the other Petite Sœurs are the same, their popularity is not really shown, or atleast made a focus.

Shimako might be a slightly different story due to being the first ever first year to be choosen etc. Yoshino however was voted as person people would most like to have as a Petite Sœur, but that was based on appearance, and the missunderstanding on her personality, which i think has been cleared up somewhat at this time. Yoshino and Rei's popularity as Sœurs has been shown, but again Yoshino as an individual wasnt.

@_@ I have become completely obsessed with Marimite! - Can't argue that :)
Jan 22, 2009 3:49 PM

Jul 2007
I would like a slightly broader view of the school than what is shown in the series. I think that Yamayurikai is great and I do enjoy the series as it is, but seeing how they're a part of school life I'm kind of curious about how much they actually affect the school and what the students think of them. It's basically an exclusive club where members can only join by the invitation of other members. There's got to be some resentment felt by students who think the student council should be selected by a general election...

Well, that's not what this series is really about. I never even thought about this kind of thing before this new season, too.
<---made of awesome!
Jan 26, 2009 1:03 PM

Mar 2008
Nice turn of events ^^ Yoshino has original ideas to find her petite soeur (even if it's just to cheer up Eriko)

Jan 26, 2009 5:26 PM

Jul 2008
I don't know if Yoshino will get a petite soeur though, just based on my OP/ED observations.
Jan 28, 2009 10:31 PM

Dec 2007
Yeah, I am not sure if Yoshino will get a petite soeur after what I watched OP/ED. I guess we will find out soon. Anyway, good and enjoyable episode. I really look forward to more!
gameoffreak8Jan 28, 2009 10:36 PM
Jan 29, 2009 9:15 AM

Mar 2008
A tea ceremony to find a petite soeur, doesn't sound like a bad idea. The yamayurikai girls don't have much time to wander around te school, talking to classmates, so it's a very good opportunity to get to know the students.
Feb 14, 2014 3:57 AM

Aug 2013
Well, the future Yamayurikai will be okay seeing how Noriko already knows how to deal with Touko.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 29, 2015 9:48 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Little sister audition.

Seems like Kanako won't be applying. Seems like Yoshino hit Rei's soft spot in how she'd probably spend more time with the new girl than Rei.

The Toko focus was great. She went from causing a mess between Yumi and Sachiko, to helping out the Council and now being unsure in applying to the little sister audition.

Sep 13, 2017 7:15 AM
Aug 2014
They must have done a poor job advertising the tea party as I thought it was supposed to be a way for all sisterless first and second years to find a sister, but instead it turned it to a way to get Yumi and Touko together.

Everyone is so good at getting others to do what they want.
Apr 19, 2018 1:44 PM

Mar 2017
felt sad when Kanako was not applying. I was definitely in favor of her at first.

But Yumi and Touko would make a great pair. Their traits really compliment each other. The kind onee-san and tsundere little sister. How cute is that?

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jan 7, 2022 11:57 AM

Aug 2018
Group dating for searching sisters, hm.. Nice idea.. ;P
Well, but does Touko want to be Yumi's sister?.. Doesn't Yumi annoy her more than anything?.. With how Yumi is.. What for or why she'd want to be Yumi's sister in the first place?.. I'm still yet to see..
Apr 23, 2022 8:48 PM

Jun 2014
It's too bad that Kanako has no interest in being Yumi's little sister, but at least they're good friends now.

What will Touko do?

May 2, 2022 2:48 AM

Jul 2021
Searching for the little sister through some group meet up heh
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 16, 2022 7:39 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
So it’s finally time for Yoshino and Yumi to get their own little sisters, I definitely like the tea party idea and I’m excited to see who Yoshino ends up with (if she ends up finding one) she’s still my favorite girl in this show lol. But most of this episode was focused on Noriko and Touko, I definitely like to finally see Noriko being involved again, and her being the one to try to help Touko is great, but of course she never was able to do much until Sachiko took action herself, I do really love the words she used with Touko, as someone that used to not be the biggest fan of Sachiko I definitely love how far she’s come, and the description of “the pebble Sachiko threw will cause ripples in Touko’s heart”, I really loved that.

And it looks like they wrote Kanako off as a potential sister for Yumi, but I’m glad to see her move on from everything and still have a good relationship with Yumi, she had a lot of potential but I do still like this ending for her. Also great to see Eriko again, I always found her to be the most underrated of the previous Rosas. Also that sunset background at the end of episode, god bless you 2009 anime lol, I’m a sucker for awesome backgrounds.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

id - Mar 27, 2009

68 by Rurihime »»
Feb 9, 1:28 PM

» Will there ever be a season 5?

grandy_UiD - Feb 18, 2012

13 by Rurihime »»
Feb 9, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 12 Discussion

kisami - Mar 21, 2009

24 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 4:35 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 11 Discussion

Beave - Mar 14, 2009

32 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th Episode 10 Discussion

Beave - Mar 8, 2009

25 by patkarunungan »»
Dec 25, 2023 2:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.