Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 8, 2013 12:50 AM

Jun 2007
symbv said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
It says they "confirmed a season 2" but I was there (made sure the guy who they used for a 'source' was tweeting it from the same panel already) and all he did was confirm there will be MORE Psycho Pass and that they are working on the script. This was in response to a question that was asked like this; "if there is a season 2, ova, or a movie or something will it show more of Kogami's past?". He never said season 2 - this retard who works at Funimation they are using as a source assumed a season 2 on his own.

He never said if it's an OVA, movie, or a season 2.
This is precisely what I fear and why I decided not to start a new thread about it in the News Board. Fans in Japan are skeptical about the news because such an important announcement usually comes from Japan first and there is already a planned event for some "project announcement" in September for Psycho-Pass. I just fear that some people and some websites may take some vague reference and hint from those staff from Japan and jump to conclusion that it is firmly about a "season 2". If it is just more "Psycho-Pass" it could be anything from a game to more novels. Anime is of course a possibility but that does not necessarily mean it will be a second season.

The main thing that spread the rumors even in Japan seems to be that same Funimation higher-up who assumed and tweeted without thinking. He has like 50,000 followers or something and was used as the main 'source' on all the big anime news sites. It seems like he caused a shitstorm and isn't even aware of it. I wish people in these positions paid more attention to the stupid shit they say.

I mean someone like me assuming a season 2 would have done nothing - but some guy who works in the industry with so many followers making things up is actually a big deal because people will believe it. Even moreso when the panel was almost empty (I don't know why, Production IG and Maki are always great), so there weren't any other big names to tell him he was wrong in time or to post the proper news for anime news places to see that there's conflicting information.

Good on you for keeping speculation out of the news section though, I was glad when I saw no thread about it.

Just as an aside - the conversation at the panel that lead to the misinformation went basically like this:

Guest: If there is a season 2 or an OVA or something will it go further into Kogami's time as an Inspector?"

Ishikawa: We are working on the script.
(basically saying just wait and see)

Neither the guest nor Ishikawa specified anything aside that there WILL be more Psycho Pass.
TallonKarrde23Jul 8, 2013 12:59 AM
Jul 8, 2013 2:32 AM

Jun 2010
I hope it won't be a season two. It would ruin the title imo.

Season one was good enough.

I hope it'll be a movie. I hope its a movie about Ginoza and his father's past or Akane and Kougami destroying the Sibyl System.
Jul 8, 2013 2:45 AM

Jan 2010
Ohhh YEAHH!!!

Jul 8, 2013 2:49 AM

Jan 2009
-MgZ_ said:
I hope it won't be a season two. It would ruin the title imo.

Season one was good enough.

I hope it'll be a movie. I hope its a movie about Ginoza and his father's past or Akane and Kougami destroying the Sibyl System.

this so much this i hope the news is wrong as symbv said
Jul 8, 2013 3:06 AM

Apr 2011
More Psycho Pass is always good.
Jul 8, 2013 7:34 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Good news. Although I'm quite unsure how they go from there. How do you top Makishima as a villain?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 8, 2013 10:00 AM
Jun 2010
I just returned from AX '13 and was at the Production I.G. panel the moment the president announced it himself.

What's so hilarious about the announcement (and what I've yet to see the other news sources mention) is that the President *accidentally* announced it.

During the Q&A, one fan flat-out asked if there was going to be a Season 2, to which they responded with "All I can say is that it has not been announced". A few minutes later, another fan asked a very leading and oddly worded question (I can't remember exactly what) which prompted the President to momentarily slip and talk about how a character will be growing in the future. He stopped mid-sentence, his eyes immediately widened, and he covered his mouth with his hands. All 3 panelists laughed their asses off and then flat-out confirmed that Season 2 was in the works.The room exploded with applause.

It was quite hilarious.
Jul 8, 2013 11:54 AM

Nov 2009
Hollogen said:
I was kinda disappointed that they ended the series without destroying that place.

This was never the main point of the anime. If there's second season, then yes, but the destruction will bring many consequences which, i think, have to be shown = more episodes.
Jul 8, 2013 11:56 AM
May 2012
Strip, kougami. Strip.
Jul 8, 2013 11:19 PM
Dec 2012
Don't know how I feel about this.
I know people who don't really get Urobuchi thought it was "sequel baiting," and I was afraid the producers would take that route for the $$$. . . but it's superfluous.

The cyclical ending and lack of dangling plot threads doesn't really call for more. And there's the question of whether Urobuchi is even involved. If not, they could shelve all the social criticism and philosophical analogue for a more "standard" anime, with better developed characters, more explosions, and a nicely ribbon-wrapped romantic ending. . . but that wouldn't be Psycho Pass.
I feel like anything more they do with it will be unwinding the ourob-uchi-oros they already created.
Jul 8, 2013 11:24 PM

Jan 2009
madmaestro3000 said:
I just returned from AX '13 and was at the Production I.G. panel the moment the president announced it himself.

What's so hilarious about the announcement (and what I've yet to see the other news sources mention) is that the President *accidentally* announced it.

During the Q&A, one fan flat-out asked if there was going to be a Season 2, to which they responded with "All I can say is that it has not been announced". A few minutes later, another fan asked a very leading and oddly worded question (I can't remember exactly what) which prompted the President to momentarily slip and talk about how a character will be growing in the future. He stopped mid-sentence, his eyes immediately widened, and he covered his mouth with his hands. All 3 panelists laughed their asses off and then flat-out confirmed that Season 2 was in the works.The room exploded with applause.

It was quite hilarious.

so they really confirmed a season 2 huh damn
Jul 8, 2013 11:35 PM

Jun 2007
j0x said:
madmaestro3000 said:

It was quite hilarious.

They did not.Ishikawa never once said it's a season 2 whatsoever. There was no flat-out confirmation and all that was confirmed is that there will be more psycho pass. Not that there will be a season 2. Ishikawa also did not slip and talk about how a character will grow in the future - the question asked of him was if that will be the case in a new season 2, ova, or movie. Ishikawa responded by saying "we are working on the script" which was his slip-up and which is what made the panelists laugh, because he just confirmed SOMETHING more of psycho pass by saying this. This is when the crowd had applause (given how pathetically empty the panel was I wouldn't say it "exploded" into applause though, but just another sign the guy has no idea what he's talking about).

He never once confirmed in any way, shape, or form a season 2.

Please see my previous posts in this thread for more detail. Again, he confirmed there will be "more psycho pass" not that it will be a season 2.
TallonKarrde23Jul 8, 2013 11:39 PM
Jul 8, 2013 11:45 PM

Jan 2010
Jul 9, 2013 12:34 AM

Jul 2013
Maybe a OVA about Ko and Makishima's past would be nice. I don't know if they can hold another 22 Episodes without such great characters would be very tough.

[center]Currently Watching: Nothing/center]
Currently Playing: Alice: Madness Returns
Jul 9, 2013 1:12 AM

Jan 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:
j0x said:
madmaestro3000 said:

It was quite hilarious.

They did not.Ishikawa never once said it's a season 2 whatsoever. There was no flat-out confirmation and all that was confirmed is that there will be more psycho pass. Not that there will be a season 2. Ishikawa also did not slip and talk about how a character will grow in the future - the question asked of him was if that will be the case in a new season 2, ova, or movie. Ishikawa responded by saying "we are working on the script" which was his slip-up and which is what made the panelists laugh, because he just confirmed SOMETHING more of psycho pass by saying this. This is when the crowd had applause (given how pathetically empty the panel was I wouldn't say it "exploded" into applause though, but just another sign the guy has no idea what he's talking about).

He never once confirmed in any way, shape, or form a season 2.

Please see my previous posts in this thread for more detail. Again, he confirmed there will be "more psycho pass" not that it will be a season 2.

i hope you are right, i do not want them to announce a season 2 since the anime ended very well already its up to the viewers to make their own conclusion thats the kind of great ending this anime has, but an OVA like a spin-off will be good too
Jul 9, 2013 1:20 AM

Jun 2007
j0x said:

i hope you are right, i do not want them to announce a season 2 since the anime ended very well already its up to the viewers to make their own conclusion thats the kind of great ending this anime has, but an OVA like a spin-off will be good too

Well, a season 2 is just as likely as anything else at this point, so it's not like I'm saying that's not what it will be. Just, for now, there's no confirmation.

We have to wait until Sept.6th during the Psycho Pass marathon and announced "huge announcement about the series" (which now is obviously about some more animated material) to find out the specifics.

So don't get your hopes up one way or the other, it could easily end up being season 2 that they announce. Just don't worry (or for others, don't get excited) at this point, just know there's more coming.

After thinking about it more I'd probably prefer a movie personally. I want to see more Akane so I wouldn't want it to be entirely about something like Kogami's past or anything, but I also wouldn't want it to focus on the Sibyl System. Maybe just another case they take on pulled into the length of a film, hell maybe one they took on before the ending (though, I feel like we saw every case Akane took on throughout the show). This way it wouldn't change the ending and also would have the entire cast still around, I think that would be fun and not mess up the series at all.
Jul 9, 2013 1:30 AM

Jan 2009
ye a movie with an alternate story or conclusion will be good too since its a trend on much anime tv series being converted to anime movie anyway
Jul 9, 2013 1:41 AM

Dec 2012
A new season with a new rookie? I enjoyed the first season but I don't know if a rinse and repeat will appeal to me.
Jul 9, 2013 1:46 AM
Jun 2013
I don't know about this...

well, i'm glad to hear that there will be more psycho pas, but to be honest i don't think that a season 2 will be a great idea.
the story is wrapped pretty nicely though.. well other than the "SyBil Still Continues.." and kogami reading "Swann's Way" i think there's not so much to cover on the second season, because i feared that they somewhat forcing the story for the second season and ended up ruining psycho-pass' story.
i preferred if it's a movie though..
Jul 9, 2013 8:17 PM

Jul 2012
Hallelujah!

I need a conclusion to Kogami and a lot of the others so I'm glad this is happening.
Jul 10, 2013 4:08 AM

May 2013
They better bring Makishima back or else..!!
Jul 10, 2013 5:16 AM
Apr 2010
I don't know about this. I thought it ended pretty well. Hoping this isn't a case of having a second season just for the sake of it....
Jul 10, 2013 9:52 AM

Jul 2010
Yay for season 2!!! I can't wait! I miss Kougami-san!! :D

I agree with everyone about the greater villain, it's the Sibyl System, Joushuu Kasei.
Hopefully they will do something about it.
chrismaJul 11, 2013 7:10 AM
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Jul 10, 2013 7:57 PM

Oct 2012
*w* Hopefully it will come out next year

Jul 10, 2013 8:54 PM

May 2013
parfaited said:
I am as hyper as those oats now. ;)

I want Ko and Akane to get a little bit closer. :c

i want that too

very happy that season 2 is announced

i must wait again T_T
Jul 13, 2013 11:25 PM
May 2012
Can't wait that Ginoza & Akane shall put Sibyl to an end once and for all for 2nd season I swear a god. I don't care IF I over-reacting much.
Jul 14, 2013 6:06 PM
Sep 2012
Since in my opinion Psycho-Pass is great anime, I`m looking forward for the second season. I`m curious about what happens next to the characters.
Jul 15, 2013 12:31 PM

Nov 2011
I'd be up for a second season. Mainly because it would allow us to see what's happening outside of Japan (people who have seen the show should know what I'm referring to).

If it goes to that, and if opposing the Sibyl System IS the main thing in second season, it would provide us with two perspectives. It could also serve as world building, which I tend to find very interesting.

Personally, I think that the system is too important in the show's society. Removing it would cause everything to go to hell.

Assuming it will be a second season, that is.
Jul 16, 2013 5:35 AM
May 2012
I'm assuming what happened to Rina Takizaki, that bitch from episode 12.

Her character whereabouts was unknown really pisses me off! I feel like I'm ripped off how episode ended that way!

Will she re-appear in season 2? Let's hope so!
Jul 21, 2013 3:13 AM

Apr 2013
HELL YEAH!! Can't wait for s2~ O(>_<)O
Jul 22, 2013 7:22 PM

Apr 2013
I'm fangirl-screaming right now (quietly though, so my mom doesn't look at me weird).
OHMYGOSH OHMYGOSH YESSSSSSSS
Jul 22, 2013 7:25 PM

Aug 2012
iLostReason said:
Aug 13, 2013 5:58 AM

Jun 2013
I'm assuming there hasn't been anymore news about this?
Aug 13, 2013 11:08 AM

Jun 2012
yes! something i want to get another season is :D
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Aug 13, 2013 11:59 PM

Jul 2013
F yes. I need Season 2 pl0x.
Aug 14, 2013 1:55 AM

Aug 2013
I can't wait for Season 2, although I am going to miss Makishima, Masaoka and Kagari I am curious as to what they are planning to do.
Sep 16, 2013 7:58 PM

Jun 2012
So I'm guessing Kogami will be the main villain now in season 2.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Sep 17, 2013 1:20 PM

Jun 2011
Saiga Jouji.

In the credits of episode 22 he was seen sitting in the Chief´s office and Kougami reading Makishima´s favourite novel, our little anarchist band leader running around, the new member of Team 1 and Nobuchika as an Enforcer, as well as "Sybil still continues"...after rewatching this there are a lot of interesting points that still need to be adressed or hint at some possible new turns for a second season.

I´m interested now, as opposed to my original thought of "oh god please don´t ruin it".
Sep 21, 2013 3:13 PM

Jul 2013
I'm afraid it can be a let down in comparison to the 1st season but I hope I'm wrong.. Nobody will make up for Makishima for me :( And I don't like the idea of Kougami being a villian. Let me say 'I was so wrong' when it comes out xD
YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT
SEE YOU, SPACE COWBOY...
Sep 21, 2013 9:20 PM

Sep 2013
Super hyped about this.
enjoy your friends while they can, they might die in a few chapters
Sep 27, 2013 10:22 AM

Dec 2010
I honestly think that Psycho Pass has alot more to tell, because of its complexity of how the Sibyl system is and what would happen if everyone knows of its true identity.

What really will stir up my interest is how Kogami will be making its appearance back to the show if there really was a second season, and how he would interact with all of his ex-colleagues when he's now a vigilant, instead of the usual executor.

Not really sure why, but the ending of PP makes me felt like I was dropped on a loop, with all the weather and situation being almost exactly identical to how Akane joined the batch when she first arrived. This makes me think that the season 2 of PP will focus on a new protagonist and maybe a few years ahead of the current situation, or maybe a prequel, and the characters in season 1 will only slightly be mentioned subtly or perhaps appearing as an elite to the team, or dying as the story progressed...

So, for all that being said, this was all my speculations, and I sure hope it would be as good as season 1, or maybe better than it!
Gomu Gomu No~!!! JETTO PISTOOORUU!!!
*Guy flying away ( And i mean REAL FAR AWAY )*
EPIC WIN XDDD
Sep 27, 2013 1:58 PM

Sep 2012
shiro_aya said:
I'm afraid it can be a let down in comparison to the 1st season but I hope I'm wrong.. Nobody will make up for Makishima for me :( And I don't like the idea of Kougami being a villian. Let me say 'I was so wrong' when it comes out xD

Yep, Makishima definitely played a big part in making this anime a masterpiece, but I am sure they can pull off a great second season, its Urobuchi we´re talking about!
Sep 30, 2013 12:15 AM

Jul 2013
Yaaay :D Judging from the ending of S1 you could see it was coming, but having the confirmation now is great :D
Oct 1, 2013 8:26 PM

Jul 2013
All kinds of excited. Makashima made the show so interesting and intriguing and it was such an experience to see all of those people do such desperate and cruel things in order to literally beat the system. I actually agreed with Makashima's views in theory; being a humanist and wanting to take down the SYBiL government structure, but the way he went about it, proving that humans were cruel beings was only way to prove the same point. He could've chose anything else (though admittedly it wouldn't have been as fun of a ride if it was happiness). I loved Makashima as the villain to Kogami. It was wonderfully done.

Psycho Pass season two is going to be a little odd for me at first though, I know. Without Makashima being the main villain, and Kogami being the "antagonist", it'll take some getting used to to. Doesn't damper my spirit any, though.
Oct 26, 2013 8:10 AM

Apr 2009
Season 2 on the way!! :))
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2013 6:59 AM

Apr 2011
TonyC1994 said:
So I'm guessing Kogami will be the main villain now in season 2.

I assume the main villain will be the Sybil System itself
I doubt Akane would think of Kougami as a bad guy. She knows the truth behind their government after all.
Nov 6, 2013 8:45 PM
Apr 2011
series should've ended at episode 18, makashima breaking out just felt like dragging out the series unnecessarily, and everything that happened at the end especially akane's sudden "development" felt sort of half assed
Apr 30, 2014 7:41 AM

Jun 2012

First you should spoiler tag that.

Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Jun 26, 2014 2:08 AM

Jan 2014
All I know is that they'd better give Yayoi some pretty hefty significance in season 2 to justify not just her overall existence, but her backstory episode in season 1.
Jun 26, 2014 2:13 AM

Jun 2014
I cant wait when does season 2 release?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Apr 23, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.