Forum Settings
Forums

Anime that start strong but end up being bad?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 7, 2013 10:16 AM

Jan 2013
SlothieSloth said:
destonyDbaby said:
SlothieSloth said:
destonyDbaby said:
Air, it was all cutesy and stuff but then they bring in the fakeness like possessed girl and girl with wings.
Uhm.. wasn't possessed, just btw.
The memory escapes me, could enlighten me about what it was again?
Ah I see, thnx, but still..

Jul 7, 2013 12:09 PM

Feb 2010
Shuraaa said:
Vanisher said:
MoeGalacticHero said:
Paul said:
Sword Art Online.
Nah, it was always bad. You were just caught in the hype in the beginning.

This.
First episode was ok at best, second was already really bad.
Shuraaa said:

I think Guilty Crown is such an Anime. The first episodes were really good (especially the great first one) but after the, well, 8,9 episodes it just went downhill, with unlikable character development, Hitler-Shu and mediocre Story...

GC first episode was retarded as fuck, tons of things made no sense at all.

My pick for the thread? Higashi no eden

Nothing in GC made really sense, it's an scifi fantasy Anime. I liked the First Episode because it was awesome Animated with great use of Music and much Action.

That's not an excuse for characters acting irrationally. Like when the soldier found inori they didn't even check if shu had anything.
Jul 7, 2013 1:04 PM

Jun 2012
Vanisher said:

That's not an excuse for characters acting irrationally. Like when the soldier found inori they didn't even check if shu had anything.

Well, I think one can over-analyze Anime episodes. In the end they are just Anime to entertain people and unrealistic/irrational situation sometimes needs to be there to keep the plot moving forward.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2013 1:14 PM

Feb 2010
oh boy here we go inbound for fanboy rage with my list but i have a bunker to hide in so meh

guran lagoon (time skip arc felt like filler aswome fight but ofcorse we get genaxed
Digimon Xros Wars
code geass (started to fall apart in season 2)
Rozen Maiden (hope the new anime does it better)
Shikabane Hime (read the manga instead)
Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase ( first 3 or 4 episodes were good start going down hill from there)
Katanagatari( OF ALL THE CLICHE ASS PULLS)
Pandora Hearts (when it stopped fallowing the manga)
harhui (endless eight NUF SAID)
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jul 7, 2013 1:39 PM

Jun 2012
hazerddex said:

I wonder if there's anyone like me who doesn't hate the Endless Eight, I actually liked them, all these little changing details... Maybe I just like the Haruhi cast too much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2013 1:55 PM

Dec 2012
Shuraaa said:
Vanisher said:

Well, I think one can over-analyze Anime episodes. In the end they are just Anime to entertain people and unrealistic/irrational situation sometimes needs to be there to keep the plot moving forward.
Actually, that's just bad writing. Unrealistic and irrational situations are never necessary. I also dispute that the point is entertainment. That's not all everyone is looking for.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jul 7, 2013 1:56 PM

May 2013
Btooom!, the anime started oof very good and strong with an interesting main character but during the last 5 episodes (especially the final 2) it degenerated into a generic and cliche anime about friendship and love. I mean seriously the main character had his leg almost blown completely off but then 5 minutes later he's walking around like it's not shit with just a cloth wrapped around it....the fuck is this.
Jul 7, 2013 2:14 PM

Apr 2013
Arete7 said:
Btooom!, the anime started oof very good and strong with an interesting main character but during the last 5 episodes (especially the final 2) it degenerated into a generic and cliche anime about friendship and love. I mean seriously the main character had his leg almost blown completely off but then 5 minutes later he's walking around like it's not shit with just a cloth wrapped around it....the fuck is this.

It was clearly that those 2 will end up together from episode 1 ...... atleast if you have a tiny bit of experience in these kind of anime . They were married in-game , what the heck did you expect ?
That the 2 being on the same island will kill each other when the MC clearly hates killing?

Shuraaa said:

I wonder if there's anyone like me who doesn't hate the Endless Eight, I actually liked them, all these little changing details... Maybe I just like the Haruhi cast too much.

It gets annoying after seeing it 10(2 in first season , if I recall right ,+8 in 2nd season) times . I dont hate it , thou' . I just skip 3-8 whenever I want to re-watch the anime.
FluffyFleshJul 7, 2013 2:19 PM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 7, 2013 2:51 PM

Dec 2012
Sword art online
Jul 7, 2013 3:03 PM

Jul 2013
While far from great or watchable, School Days have good first few episodes, in comparison to its last episode. It's like staring at someone's ass waiting for a fart to come out but instead I got wayyyy worse, you probably knew it.
scytheavatar said:
Trying to cater to the Fujoshis have always been a dumb thing to do anyway, only fools would pretend to understand how they work. If anything Attack on Titan appeals to them a lot more than F**** will, looking at all the Attack on Titan Yaoi that's popping up.
Jul 7, 2013 3:13 PM

Sep 2012
Shuraaa said:
hazerddex said:

I think many fans hate it because they had a lot of expectations in the second season.
They had to wait like 3 years just to get half of the stuff being the same episode 8 times.
I didn't hate it because I watched Haruhi when both seasons were already out in chronological order.
I watched the whole endless 8 arc. It wasn't great but it didn't annoy me either.
Jul 7, 2013 3:20 PM
Aug 2012
Claymore

started off great kept going great till the last couple episodes

especially the last episode......... that was absolutely terrible end to it
Jul 7, 2013 3:43 PM

Feb 2013
In my opinion, Shakugan no Shana. Third season killed it for me.
Jul 7, 2013 3:46 PM

Sep 2012
xxskillzzz said:
Claymore

It was an alternative ending. Read the manga and you won't be disappointed.
Jul 7, 2013 3:48 PM
Aug 2012
Litrydow said:
xxskillzzz said:
Claymore

ya i know but you have to admit the final couple anime episodes could of been done better
Jul 7, 2013 3:51 PM

Nov 2012
Forgetfulness said:
Mirai Nikki had like 1 decent episode, which was the first one.

Everything after that was shitty
Jul 7, 2013 3:52 PM

Sep 2012
xxskillzzz said:
Litrydow said:
xxskillzzz said:
Claymore

ya i know but you have to admit the final couple anime episodes could of been done better

The last episodes of the anime were a steaming pile of shit that don't have the right to exist.
Jul 7, 2013 3:53 PM

Jan 2013
Mirai Nikki and Naruto Shippuden to some degree, just because of the insane amount of fillers.
Jul 7, 2013 3:53 PM

Apr 2013
Some people just post for the sake of posting . If you think it's bad give a god damned reason ......
"X anime turned out bad because it has red in it , I hate the color red . "
That's how stupid it sounds saying an anime is bad without saying the reasoning.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 7, 2013 3:55 PM

Nov 2012
BloodyNightsky said:
Some people just post for the sake of posting . If you think it's bad give a god damned reason ......
That's how stupid it sounds saying an anime is bad without saying the reasoning.

I hated naruto due to the sheer amount of orange in it.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Jul 7, 2013 3:56 PM

Apr 2013
no_good_name said:
BloodyNightsky said:

I hated naruto due to the sheer amount of orange in it.

Yeah , me too , too little pink , I wanted more pink in it.
Jul 7, 2013 3:56 PM
Aug 2012
Litrydow said:
xxskillzzz said:
Litrydow said:
xxskillzzz said:
Claymore

The last episodes of the anime were a steaming pile of shit that don't have the right to exist.

110% agreed
Jul 7, 2013 4:02 PM

Apr 2013
Forgetfulness said:
johnyjohny said:
Forgetfulness said:

So what is good about it?
I certainly don't enjoy a whiny pussy and insane yandere for the MCs, and pretty much everyone else was insane in some way or another.
I didn't enjoy watching Yuno ruin Yuki's life like half the show.
I didn't enjoy it for the "romance", if you could even call it that
There are probably a lot of other things I hate about it, but it's been a while so I can't think of everything off the top of my head

One thing I would give it credit for is good action scenes, but meh. For me, it doesn't make up for all the other aspects.

Thank you , finally after several posts , you almost made me turn gay for a moment there , someone gave reasons .
Jul 7, 2013 4:02 PM

Jan 2013
Jul 7, 2013 4:03 PM

Aug 2012
I'm having dejavu, but whatever, one of the newest one would be "Sukitte Ii na yo" it slowly and steadily got worse and worse. Both MC are poorly written excuses for soap-opera kind of melodrama, the silly thing is that it tries to stir away from the typical cliches but ends up falling into them full speed. (Just because it's the male MC who is the victim of most of them, doesn't mean they aren't the same cliches)
Jul 7, 2013 4:04 PM

Apr 2013
figuette said:
I'm having deja vu, but whatever, one of the newest one would be "Sukitte Ii na yo" it slowly and steadily got worse and worse. Both MC are poorly written excuses for soap-opara kind of melodrama, the silly thing is that it tries to stir away from the typical cliches but ends up falling into them full speed. (Just because it's the male MC who is the victim of most of them, doesn't mean they aren't the same cliches)

Nah , read the title carefully . Unless there was a topic like this before I joined....
Jul 7, 2013 4:07 PM

Aug 2012
BloodyNightsky said:
Nah , read the title carefully . Unless there was a topic like this before I joined....

No worry, tt could be something else entirely, I just remember ranting about Sukitte Ii na yo being bad in a similar context.
Jul 7, 2013 4:21 PM

Nov 2012
Forgetfulness said:
johnyjohny said:
Forgetfulness said:

I certainly don't enjoy a whiny pussy and insane yandere for the MCs, and pretty much everyone else was insane in some way or another.
There are probably a lot of other things I hate about it, but it's been a while so I can't think of everything off the top of my head

One thing I would give it credit for is good action scenes, but meh. For me, it doesn't make up for all the other aspects.
Luckily the rating system isn't build for you alone. People like different things boy. Also i thought every dairy user had some nice backstory around it. And i actually liked the romance they wrote in a physical kind of way. Also loved the soundtrack and character creation. Only two major things that kept me for rating it a master piece where Yuno's annoying voice and that little loli character.
Jul 7, 2013 4:22 PM

Mar 2010
pralan said:
Bleach/Naruto - wasted potential
Shakugan no Shana
Ergo Proxy
Gantz
Another - the final was really meh..
agreed
Jul 7, 2013 4:44 PM

Nov 2012
Forgetfulness said:
johnyjohny said:
Forgetfulness said:
johnyjohny said:
Forgetfulness said:

Luckily the rating system isn't build for you alone. People like different things boy. Also i thought every dairy user had some nice backstory around it. And i actually liked the romance they wrote in a physical kind of way. Also loved the soundtrack and character creation. Only two major things that kept me for rating it a master piece where Yuno's annoying voice and that little loli character.

Oh right, I forgot I was watching anime for someone else's enjoyment. Yeah, people like different things. Which brings up the question of why you even posted that first GIF. It's like my opinion is somehow "wrong"

Most of the villains just appeared for 1~2 episodes and died too quickly to really care about.

I dunno what you mean by "a physical kind of way" romance, but it felt retarded how
Dude you are calling almost all the episodes garbage. Many liked Mirai nikki and you say it should be somewhere rated around Mars of destruction or something right?Can't you just admit that it wasn't that bad.Other wise you would make me think all those people who liked it don't have a brain at all. Besides you asked me why i liked it and i gave my opinion. That gif was just my reaction of disagreeing with your comment, not with your taste for mirai nikki.
johnyjohnyJul 7, 2013 4:49 PM
Jul 7, 2013 6:59 PM

Jan 2013
Death Note - An anime that was awesome and turned great. It isn't bad, but he lost points along the way. Altough the problem isn't with the author itself, It isn't a proper excuse. This anime is the side-exception. Not bad, but became worse.

One Piece - The series was actually cool at first for a shonen, then the plot was dragging on and on... like it will never see a end as much as the plot device appears. Hell, it is arguably the biggest shonen out there and by still what I hear from fans, it doesn't look like it is even on a half. Surely, more episodes can mean more size for development, but from what I see, the story rather build the own arc itself instead of the characters when they don't take relevance in.
And I watched shows that doesn't have 1/10 of his size, and yet can hold himself as a plot.

Sword Art Online - First episode was great, the entire suspense was made it right for me. A game becoming a mass-chamber? Cool. Hero going to ridiculous level of power that completely removes any suspense of his survival while creating harems? Hell no. At least the LN was a bit better, but the premise is a big Liar.

Jul 7, 2013 7:18 PM
Jul 2013
This defines Bleach. It was so promising...
Jul 7, 2013 7:50 PM

Mar 2012
BloodyNightsky said:

Are you looking for logic in an anime where phones are telling you the future and can decide if you're god or not?
A fantasy setting does not mean the author can throw in whatever shit they pull out of their ass and call it a plot twist

Check the genre before commenting on this .
What does that have to do with anything? Are you trying to deny that Mur Mur Sensei was trying to be funny?

Let me answer to this with another quote. In the quote below you'll see ALL 3 "grimdark" genres(Thriller , Mystery , Psychological) in this anime , what did you expect , a happy stress-reliefing killing anime?
When you plan an anime to have these 3 genres the anime can be either bad at being grimdark or grimdark......sheeshhhh , you didnt even bother to see what kind of anime you'll watch.
A show should only be as dark as it needs to be. Shoving objectionable content in your face for shock value can not be justified by any genre. It's bad writing plain and simple.

Furthermore , I'm not commenting on your tastes , as you see I'm simply amazed that the reasons can be destroyed so easily
Right back atcha

If you call an anime bad atleast give some good reasons , as for now you sound like you hate it because it's popular a.k.a acting as a hipster.
Even hating Amano Yukiteru is a better reason than what you said right now....
Ehhhh?

What did you expect from a YANDERE , to be a sitting duck or a dog?
Fetch the stick , girl?
Atleast say you're not liking yanderes.....I'd gave you a warning not to watch the anime.
And you see? There is her problem. Being a yandere is not a problem in itself. In fact, conforming to character types is only natural when writing a story. However when doing this there should at least be an attempt to distance them from their character types and give them unique traits to stand out from the crowd.

And that's where Yuno comes in. She's a generic yandere through and through with no defining traits. Sure she's occasionally entertaining because to watch because her actions are unpredictable, but once you take away her unpredictable nature there's nothing left. Plus her backstory doesn't seem to do her any favours And that's what makes her a bad character
Jul 7, 2013 8:06 PM

May 2013
I can't express how much I hated Guilty Crown, one of worst endings...Ever. Fuck.
Jul 7, 2013 8:24 PM

Dec 2011
Sword Art Online
Clannad
K
MitsukiHimekaJul 7, 2013 8:27 PM
Jul 7, 2013 9:53 PM

Oct 2012
SAO & DS 2
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jul 7, 2013 11:49 PM

Nov 2012
Forgetfulness said:
johnyjohny said:
Forgetfulness said:
johnyjohny said:
Forgetfulness said:
johnyjohny said:
Forgetfulness said:

Oh right, I forgot I was watching anime for someone else's enjoyment. Yeah, people like different things. Which brings up the question of why you even posted that first GIF. It's like my opinion is somehow "wrong"

Most of the villains just appeared for 1~2 episodes and died too quickly to really care about.

I dunno what you mean by "a physical kind of way" romance, but it felt retarded how
Dude you are calling almost all the episode garbage. Many liked Mirai nikki and you say it should be somewhere rated around Mars of destruction or something right? Besides you asked me why i liked it and i gave my opinion. That gif was just my reaction of disagreeing with your comment, not with your taste for mirai nikki.

Yes. I did not like almost all of the episodes. Am I not allowed to do that?
Other people like it? Great. I'm not them, they're not me

EDIT: I will admit I can see HOW some people would enjoy it, but I didn't.
I don't know where you get this "make me think all those people who liked it don't have a brain at all" stuff from, but dude, it's an opinion. This isn't a measure of intelligence or something
Now i sounded like that, Like i would say that FMAB was even worse than mars of destruction i would offend al those people who gave it a 10 for example. But you say your not blind so i guess this case is closed then.
Jul 8, 2013 5:04 AM

Feb 2012
This thread screams SAO.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jul 8, 2013 5:06 AM

May 2013
KingLear said:
This thread screams SAO.
I think it started weak and got better.
MomoiroooooJul 8, 2013 7:55 AM
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Jul 8, 2013 5:19 AM

Apr 2013
SaberRitsu said:
BloodyNightsky said:

Are you looking for logic in an anime where phones are telling you the future and can decide if you're god or not?
A fantasy setting does not mean the author can throw in whatever shit they pull out of their ass and call it a plot twist

Check the genre before commenting on this .
What does that have to do with anything? Are you trying to deny that Mur Mur Sensei was trying to be funny?

Let me answer to this with another quote. In the quote below you'll see ALL 3 "grimdark" genres(Thriller , Mystery , Psychological) in this anime , what did you expect , a happy stress-reliefing killing anime?
When you plan an anime to have these 3 genres the anime can be either bad at being grimdark or grimdark......sheeshhhh , you didnt even bother to see what kind of anime you'll watch.
A show should only be as dark as it needs to be. Shoving objectionable content in your face for shock value can not be justified by any genre. It's bad writing plain and simple.

Furthermore , I'm not commenting on your tastes , as you see I'm simply amazed that the reasons can be destroyed so easily
Right back atcha

If you call an anime bad atleast give some good reasons , as for now you sound like you hate it because it's popular a.k.a acting as a hipster.
Even hating Amano Yukiteru is a better reason than what you said right now....
Ehhhh?

What did you expect from a YANDERE , to be a sitting duck or a dog?
Fetch the stick , girl?
Atleast say you're not liking yanderes.....I'd gave you a warning not to watch the anime.
And you see? There is her problem. Being a yandere is not a problem in itself. In fact, conforming to character types is only natural when writing a story. However when doing this there should at least be an attempt to distance them from their character types and give them unique traits to stand out from the crowd.

And that's where Yuno comes in. She's a generic yandere through and through with no defining traits. Sure she's occasionally entertaining because to watch because her actions are unpredictable, but once you take away her unpredictable nature there's nothing left. Plus her backstory doesn't seem to do her any favours And that's what makes her a bad character

I'm not trying to convince you the opposite , I'm fine with it , people have different tastes and thats great because we would get bored , wouldnt we?
I'm just saying that when you face an anime that is categorized as Mistery , Psychological and Horror you should expect something like that . They are dark and if they are grimdark then the producer/author has done a really great job .
I'm not denying the flaws it has either . I dont like people throwing " I hate X anime because pink isnt the new black " , especially the ones I've enjoyed really much .
I hate some things in animes that I rated high too , but for me there was something that made me forget it . That doesnt mean I disagree with you because what you hate is my favorite thing to watch.
Jul 8, 2013 5:28 AM

Jul 2013
Bleach also committed this crime. Only two first arcs, Soul Society and Rukia rescue are good while rest are meh at best. Just another DBZ clone with different coating.
scytheavatar said:
Trying to cater to the Fujoshis have always been a dumb thing to do anyway, only fools would pretend to understand how they work. If anything Attack on Titan appeals to them a lot more than F**** will, looking at all the Attack on Titan Yaoi that's popping up.
Jul 8, 2013 8:43 AM

Jul 2013
Well Berserk certainly at least has the most misleading first episode.
Jul 8, 2013 8:50 AM

Jun 2011
Sword Art Online: There's nothing to elaborate on this.

Psycho-Pass: Started off with a very intriguing concept; seemed like it would turn out to be something good. Midway, it went down the drain (to be precise, when the primary antagonist decided to make his movies). Character handling was bad. The ending was laughable.
Jul 8, 2013 8:52 AM

Jul 2012
Death Note

Code Geass (the entire second season throw out plot for tits and action)
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jul 9, 2013 4:59 AM

May 2013
Area no Kishi started off real strong for the first episode, the rest are well...not what i had in mind...
Jul 9, 2013 5:20 AM

May 2013
I agree so much on Guilty Crown. The concept and everything started off being great, but then it slowly went downhill as the plot got more complicated.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6? ( 1 2 3 )

Akuya - May 1

110 by rbp_pbr2 »»
1 minute ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

91 by Adrian_LaCroix »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Current MAL Top 10 Most Popular Anime

LittleStar - 2 hours ago

15 by DarkShame2 »»
6 minutes ago

» Shouldn't Streaming Service be charging for Subtitles to keep up with cost?

Dragevard - Yesterday

23 by FanofAction »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy talking about anime you dislike?

Catalano - Yesterday

38 by luisfunes99 »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.