Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2013 2:45 PM
Nov 2011
I'm just marveling at how much detail they put in the background newspapers
Jul 7, 2013 2:46 PM

Aug 2009
@FourSwordKirby
So you're saying I should put the text above/below the image link for the Elightenment list with the text "hey the enlightenment list is here" even though the text on the image of Legend of the Galactic Heroes is already saying "Anime Enlightenment Camp"? That looks a bit superfluous to me.

Do not get me wrong, I did not found you sounding high and mighty, but I disagree with that suggestion. The list are visible enough as they are.
Jul 7, 2013 2:47 PM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:
ForgoneReality said:
Right now for me it stands :

Bake > Nise > My Hopes and Dreams for S2 > Neko
Not a fan of Hanekawa ?
I'm back, no hugs :/?

I like her just fine. Especially in Bake. That's just the thing, I felt like Neko wasn't necessary, and each bit of re-used Monogatari you see kind of dulls it a little.

Keep in mind, I've seen 2 out of 4 of the Neko OVA episodes, so we'll see how it fairs upon completion.

And I would give hugs but I have a rabid racoon strapped to my chest. Sorry.
Jul 7, 2013 2:47 PM
Jul 2012
Ducat_Revel said:
@BRS

That's why you should continue watching. Really blatant artsy fanservice.

Nah, I was joking on that part, but for real I thought it will be mystery part with little fanservice of it, but the comedy of it sucks and it ruins the tone of this show. Though good with watching gifs of them plus I hate Shaft now.
Jul 7, 2013 2:51 PM

Dec 2011
ForgoneReality said:
@Ducat + Emmrys

: D Mako-chan!!!!!!!!
Jul 7, 2013 2:54 PM

Jun 2011
GoldenBRS said:
Too much chatting hurts my brain. ): Bye bye Bake from me watching that too much talking show that looks like Jerry Springer and Oprah lol.

Nah, I was joking on that part, but for real I thought it will be mystery part with little fanservice of it, but the comedy of it sucks and it ruins the tone of this show. Though good with watching gifs of them plus I hate Shaft now.

Jul 7, 2013 2:54 PM

Oct 2012
It's a Nisio Isin work. There was bound to be a lot of talking. In fact, most of what's good about it is in the talking. It's a lot of wit, and snark, and wordplay. Not everyone's cup of tea though.

Legit spoiler .gif:
Jul 7, 2013 2:56 PM

Jun 2011
*Ahem*

Ducat, you misspelled Yandere.
Jul 7, 2013 2:59 PM

Oct 2012
The .gif is misleading. It's Yandere without context, tsundere with context. Such is the power of Senjougahara.
Jul 7, 2013 3:01 PM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:
ForgoneReality said:

I like her just fine. Especially in Bake. That's just the thing, I felt like Neko wasn't necessary, and each bit of re-used Monogatari you see kind of dulls it a little.
It's not unnecessary though, it's a prequel to Bake and a sequel to Kizu. It explains the relationship between Hanekewa and Araragi. It had nice monologues though that the teenage boy with his first crush can relate to lol.

It just doesn't seem to have added much new material from the original Neko arc at the end of Bakemono is what I meant. Unless of course, the second half has important new scenes. Remember, I haven't finished watching it.
Jul 7, 2013 3:02 PM

Dec 2011
I don't like Shaft very much either. I went into Bakemonogatari knowing there'd be heavy dialogue, but it was really boring. The animation had me awed at the start, but I quickly got over it.

Then I started Arakawa Under the Bridge hoping for something good after I watched an OP of it, but it really just bored me. That OP remains one of my favorites, though.
Jul 7, 2013 3:05 PM

Jun 2011
@Emmrys - Reminds me a bit of the Maria Holic OP, which is one of my favourites.

Jul 7, 2013 3:06 PM

Oct 2012
Well, Season 1 of the monogatari series really is meant to set up the plot. Not much will happen in it. It's the type of show that could wrap up its content in 4 episodes but chooses to go for 11 episodes.

Strangely enough, I don't think it's a gender thing. My girlfriend love the monogatari series. Might just be an individual thing.
Jul 7, 2013 3:07 PM

Aug 2009
You found Arakawa boring, Emmrys? That's surprising to hear. No, I don't mean it in "wth, how could you" kind of way, it's just that it's surprising and something I haven't heard being said about Arakawa.

Speaking of Shaft, I usually don't like their stuff much either. Obvious exception would be Madoka and, to a lesser extent, Arakawa and SZS.
And Sasami-san Ganbaranai, of course.
Jul 7, 2013 3:13 PM

Dec 2011
@Forgone- Oh, I remember seeing that before and thinking it was cool. But wow, they are pretty similar, besides both shows being made by Shaft.

@Meta- I had read good things about it, too, before I started it. It could be that I'm not giving it enough of a chance since I'm still in the early episodes, but so far I haven't found it very interesting.
Jul 7, 2013 3:19 PM

Dec 2012
ForgoneReality said:
@Emmrys - Reminds me a bit of the Maria Holic OP, which is one of my favourites.

That's like the only good thing about the anime..
Jul 7, 2013 4:00 PM

Jan 2013
ForgoneReality said:

That got me chuckling hard Forgone, my hat's off to you sir.
EDIT: Whoops, quoted the wrong post, damn phone.
Jul 7, 2013 8:52 PM

Mar 2012
So I just finished Mirai Nikki. How in God's name did this show get such a high rating? It's awful. When people argue about what the worst anime ever is, I dislike it when people name SAO. It's sub par but it's far from one of the worst anime existence. However, Mirai Nikki has to be one of the worst anime I have ever seen
Jul 7, 2013 8:57 PM
Jul 2012
SaberRitsu said:
So I just finished Mirai Nikki. How in God's name did this show get such a high rating? It's awful. When people argue about what the worst anime ever is, I dislike it when people name SAO. It's sub par but it's far from one of the worst anime existence. However, Mirai Nikki has to be one of the worst anime I have ever seen

I so agree with you. Way too overrated with the mc who cries too much, and is static when it comes to saving people. Can't even changed his damn mind. -_- And Yunno ugh way too dumb too. Thinking of rate it a 5/10 not 6/10
Jul 7, 2013 9:02 PM

Mar 2012
GoldenBRS said:
SaberRitsu said:

I so agree with you. Way too overrated with the mc who cries too much, and is static when it comes to saving people. Can't even changed his damn mind. -_- And Yunno ugh way too dumb too. Thinking of rate it a 5/10 not 6/10
My score started as a 8, then went down to a 7 when it got worse and 4 when it got even worse. The ending knocked it down to a 3/10
Jul 7, 2013 9:06 PM

Mar 2012
Something worse than SAO? That's rough.

@Shaft conversation: I love Shaft, although it might be more accurate to say I love Shinbou. He's probably my favourite director after Miyazaki and Kon. Anyways,

Monogatari > Arakawa > SoreMachi > Madoka > Denpa Onna > SZS
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 7, 2013 9:14 PM

Mar 2012
Araby said:
Something worse than SAO? That's rough.
I honestly don't think SAO is all that bad. However, Mirai Nikki is. It is really, really bad
Jul 7, 2013 9:23 PM
Jul 2018
Now to add more salt to the wound, finish up the Elfen Lied anime, then proceed to lose more faith in humanity afterwards.
Jul 7, 2013 9:52 PM

Dec 2012
I'm not sure that I have a single positive thing to say about Mirai Nikki.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jul 7, 2013 9:56 PM

Jun 2011
MoeGalacticHero said:
I'm not sure that I have a single positive thing to say about Mirai Nikki.

It's a cure-all for recommendation threads. How could you not love it?
Jul 7, 2013 10:02 PM
Jul 2018
metamorphius said:

The First Rule of MAL Recommendation Forum:
Mirai Nikki shall inevitably be recommended in every recommendation thread, regardless of whether it fits the OP's requirements.
Corollary with correction:
It is impossible for Mirai Nikki not to fit the OP's requirements.

Jul 7, 2013 10:14 PM

Mar 2012
Burningblade04 said:
Now to add more salt to the wound, finish up the Elfen Lied anime, then proceed to lose more faith in humanity afterwards.
I should probably get to finishing it soon. However before that I need to regain a little bit of my faith by watching magical girls. Otherwise I'll probably end up killing myself
Neane1993 said:
metamorphius said:

The First Rule of MAL Recommendation Forum:
Mirai Nikki shall inevitably be recommended in every recommendation thread, regardless of whether it fits the OP's requirements.
Corollary with correction:
It is impossible for Mirai Nikki not to fit the OP's requirements.

So basically, it's the MAL equivalent of what /a/ do with Boku no Pico?
Jul 7, 2013 10:20 PM

Aug 2009
@Neane
That is beautiful. I thought that post of mine was forever lost when a mod purged that recommendation thread. Yet you have it saved *tears of joy*

SaberRitsu said:

So basically, it's the MAL equivalent of what /a/ do with Boku no Pico?

Kinda, but not quite. Maybe around half (recent) Mirai Nikki recs are troll recs. The rest are genuine recs from people who seriously think Mirai Nikki somehow fits everywhere. In fact, troll MN recommendations only initially appeared as a reaction to them.
metamorphiusJul 7, 2013 10:24 PM
Jul 7, 2013 11:38 PM

Mar 2012
Well, Boku no Pico is a dead joke anyway. I'm going to start ironically recommending Mirai Nikki to people
Jul 7, 2013 11:40 PM

Oct 2012
Jul 8, 2013 12:12 AM

Jan 2013
As far as those super-misanthropic grimdark series go, Mirai Nikki>rest, but still 5/10 for me. Those include Death Note, BTOOM, Deadman Wonderland, etc.
Jul 8, 2013 12:51 AM
Jul 2018
AngelsArcanum said:
As far as those super-misanthropic grimdark series go, Mirai Nikki>rest, but still 5/10 for me. Those include Death Note, BTOOM, Deadman Wonderland, etc.

I really want to shoot the guy with a 12 gauge shotgun that created such garbage premise in the first place.
Jul 8, 2013 12:53 AM

Jun 2011
Burningblade04 said:
AngelsArcanum said:
I really want to shoot the guy with a 12 gauge shotgun that created such garbage premise in the first place.

I wouldn't really say it's the premises that are the bad part.
Jul 8, 2013 1:11 AM

May 2012
I'm probably the only person here who didn't hate Mirai Nikki, but I can't defend it at all either. It's such a clusterfuck of a show that one has to wonder what they were thinking while it was in production. The premise is half decent (I love death game stories) but they threw so much stupid shit in it was ridiculous.
Jul 8, 2013 1:16 AM

Mar 2012
AngelsArcanum said:
I'm not that big a fan of Death Note, but I'm shocked that someone would even think comparing it to those juvenile pieces of shit. Sure the fanbase for Death Note is filled with those same people but there's a lot more to it than people give it credit for.

tl;dr: Death Note>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mirai Nikki

Although I guess I should be too surprised. I mean, someone on the forums literally said that Madoka Magica stole ideas from Mirai Nikki.
Jul 8, 2013 3:24 AM

Mar 2012
tsudecimo said:
RarityRoyale said:
I'm probably the only person here who didn't hate Mirai Nikki

Same here, except that I like it. It only became terrible after they introduced
after that it became convoluted and other stupid shit happened.
Yes, I have a bone to pick with that twist.

An example of a good plot twist is one that complements previous events and benefits the show on a re-watch by making you think about it from a different perspective. A certain episode towards the end of Madoka Magica comes to mind.

Mirai Nikki tries to go from something similar but fails miserably and does the opposite. Instead of complementing previous events and making you look at it from a different perspective, it ruins what little credibility the show had in the first place by rendering most of what had happened up to that episode entirely pointless.
Jul 8, 2013 4:31 AM

May 2012
SaberRitsu said:
Yes, I have a bone to pick with that twist.

An example of a good plot twist is one that complements previous events and benefits the show on a re-watch by making you think about it from a different perspective. A certain episode towards the end of Madoka Magica comes to mind.

Mirai Nikki tries to go from something similar but fails miserably and does the opposite. Instead of complementing previous events and making you look at it from a different perspective, it ruins what little credibility the show had in the first place by rendering most of what had happened up to that episode entirely pointless.
You hit the nail on the head.
(Spoilers for Mirai Nikki, Madoka Magica and Steins;Gate below)
Not to mention that Yuno's behaviour makes it even more confusing and ridiculous than it would have been otherwise. I wish that she had been better written. Yuno is pretty much the definition of 'yandere' and I would have loved to see her as a character that was batshit crazy without them having to resort to all the creepy fanservicey stuff and the constant 'Yuuki~'.
Jul 8, 2013 6:00 AM
Nov 2011
I'm in the cqmp that thought mirai nikki wasn't that bad. The bit theme naming with the roman gods I found to be hilarious when I realized it (Juno is basically mount Olympus's resident yandere) and I found that the yandere being the most rational of the group (minus that one arc and the relavation at the end) to be decent subversion of expectation.

Plot twists were all over the place, and yukiteru is like Shinji but remove all justification for running away since it's a friggen survival game and there isn't another bloke who could sub in your role to kill or be killed -_-

Also, Eflen leid. The rest of the show may have been pretty crap, but am I alone inthinking the 1st ten mintes were genuinely frightening? Like scariest ten minutes in anime for me (though I'm pretty whimpy when it comes to horror)
Jul 8, 2013 7:36 AM

Feb 2012
On the madoka stuff;
Jul 8, 2013 9:26 AM
Jul 2018
removed-userJul 8, 2013 9:59 AM
Jul 8, 2013 10:37 AM

Jan 2013
SaberRitsu said:
AngelsArcanum said:
I'm not that big a fan of Death Note, but I'm shocked that someone would even think comparing it to those juvenile pieces of shit. Sure the fanbase for Death Note is filled with those same people but there's a lot more to it than people give it credit for.

tl;dr: Death Note>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mirai Nikki

Although I guess I should be too surprised. I mean, someone on the forums literally said that Madoka Magica stole ideas from Mirai Nikki.

I would argue that Death Note is no far cry from being juvenile; it tries to be intelligent and tactical when all it does is crank stuff up to 11 in typical shonen scaling fashion and have tons of bombast and eccentricity that abolish any semblance of maturity amongst Light and L. "I'm going to have a really convoluted desk that you need to jump on, enter a bunch of passwords, open a bunch of hatches and unlock a bunch of locks to get to my diary!" (It's not actually like that but you know what I mean). "Well I'll plant 9001 cameras in this high school student's room to capture every waking moment of him in his room from every possible angle!" That coupled with L being an odd beast himself and moments like the fujoshi bait where L is massaging Light's feet in the rain or the infamous "potato chip" scene that are just totally out of left field. Mirai Nikki is still pretty bad, but I can personally tolerate it more & it's quality (however much you want to quantify) is more consistent over its course somewhat, but it's been a couple years since I've seen it so I can't really vouch for it. I've stated my major qualms with Death Note before, so I'll refrain from adding to the fuel again (not to mention I probably can't remember it much either right now).
Jul 8, 2013 8:52 PM

Apr 2013
At least Death note is still far more intelligent of a series than mirai nikki. The only problem with death note is it's overrated and overhyped way than it should have been.
Jul 8, 2013 9:09 PM
Jul 2012
doraemon1992 said:
At least Death note is still far more intelligent of a series than mirai nikki. The only problem with death note is it's overrated and overhyped way than it should have been.

Yeah, and the second half sucks too.

And Switch maybe could of been better than those two if they have more episodes. So underrated.
Jul 8, 2013 9:20 PM

Jun 2009
Honestly, the only part of Death Note that was outright "bad" to me was

Otherwise, I found it be an extremely entertaining, but not quite great show.
Ston3_FreeN7Jul 8, 2013 9:53 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 8, 2013 9:26 PM

Dec 2011
Death Note is a pretty darn fun anime up until a certain point.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2013 9:47 PM

Dec 2012
Death Note relied way too much on coincidences and absurd situations, even in the first half.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jul 9, 2013 6:49 AM

Nov 2007
I think Mirai Nikki is utterly hilarious, again...although just the manga I give 0 craps about the anime. I think the Madoka anime and manga is crap tier (but then again only magical girl crap I ever liked was Utena which I love), and I think Stein's Gate is really really bad (just a show about incredibly horribly characterized waifus). I mean I get that I am not on the majority side, but I still maintain people are mostly only overreacting to silly gore in Mirai Nikki to discriminate against. I am sure some people have much more objective reasons but that and Yuno seem to be what has everyone in a tizzy imo.

, if people really have more of a problem with that than what Mirai Nikki tried for a "twist" then whatever, but to me it is all the same - tried and failed
Elsewhere, a somewhat startled Warren Worthington III finds that he has accidentally wandered into an electrified east-side world of post-twist teens and watsui-ing teeny-boppers...
Jul 9, 2013 2:50 PM

Jun 2011
It's impossible to level Madoka with Mirai Nikki. There are objective methods to evaluate the quality of writing in a story, and the difference between the two is monumental.
Jul 9, 2013 3:31 PM
Jul 2012
Going off topic with the whole mirai nikk, but I just finished watching Kotonoha no Niwa. It was very good movie though the couple ain't mine favorite, but it sure was a good couple with great artistic like realistic.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TrishaCat - Jan 25, 2013

1161 by GanXWeed69o7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 12:15 PM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.