Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2013 8:58 AM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Time to wait for DVDs.
Jul 1, 2013 9:04 AM

Sep 2012
^ It will come with the manga to be released.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 1, 2013 11:26 AM

Sep 2012
So... If it's too hot. Why the blanket ?

So it's over. Poor series about a poor family.
Jul 1, 2013 11:39 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Arlia said:
So... If it's too hot. Why the blanket ?
Habit?
Jul 1, 2013 12:03 PM

Sep 2012
a little bit disappointed not to be able to see Lucky Star casts in the last ep. But just a little! I wonder when can Hikage have some meat again @@
Jul 1, 2013 12:16 PM
Apr 2013
The last episode is kinda cute. ^_^

Kinda funny though... we're getting hit with a heat wave where I live, and I turned on the air conditioner right before watching this episode... talk about coincidence, haha.
Jul 1, 2013 4:18 PM
Feb 2013
If they're not going to make LS sequel, this is a waste of time.
Jul 1, 2013 4:23 PM

Jan 2013
5.75/10
Jul 1, 2013 4:30 PM
Nov 2010
the spinoff series is alright for the most part since I love watching lucky star and seeing the sisters in their series have brought me to love them more but one complain about is they didn't bother doing the opening theme that is called KACHIGUMI
Jul 1, 2013 6:40 PM

Oct 2012
I don't know why but i like it more than other episodes. In this one Hikage was really cute, she finally ate some meat, tofu meat but meat.
Jul 1, 2013 7:07 PM

Jan 2012
talking about meats lol
Jul 1, 2013 9:36 PM

Feb 2013
Name ALL the meat!
Jul 2, 2013 5:06 AM

Jul 2009
What the heck, the running time is about 35 minutes for the whole series! (Excluding the ending). I didn't particulary like it, but I would've expected more. Only three Lucky Star cameos too, waste of time. I hope the OVA will be better. 5/10.
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Jul 2, 2013 9:31 AM

Jun 2013
i don't know either the manga was already there for a long time or it was new one,, but the last ep was nice ( finished it in 1 hour >.<)....

now to hunger and heat of tonight.... >.<

7/10
Jul 2, 2013 10:57 PM

Sep 2012
So much recycled footage used in the same episode...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 3, 2013 6:50 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
symbv said:
So much recycled footage used in the same episode...
They couldn't afford a lot of new stuff.
;)
Jul 26, 2013 11:11 AM

May 2012
Really lovely last episode of this short but awesome series, It really brought me back to the nostalgic Lucky Star moment! Really going to love the extra ova!
Oct 12, 2013 8:51 PM

Oct 2012
Oh water bill, it's one of the most scariest things >_<
fanks_177 said:
talking about meats lol

Well, they're really knowledgeable about meat for someone that scarely eat meat xD
"Signature removed"
May 17, 2014 3:41 PM

Aug 2009
if its hot you know you can take off clothes and such... hehe (pervert eyes)

plain episode but sweet, gonna miss these few minutes of my life

sweet/10
Jun 26, 2014 3:32 PM

Jul 2008
You people think it was short because they did run out of material? read the manga.
They did an excellent show with those little minutes they had. It was NOT sponsored by KyoAni, they were short on money, yet the animation, story, and voice acting was very good.

If you really want the 4 team back again, ask KyoAni to stop leeching of Free! and step it up to make Lucky Star season 2. But we know that won't happen, their golden age has already passed.
Jul 15, 2014 2:06 PM

Jan 2012
blue-chan just saved the entire series
NoobHunterDJul 15, 2014 2:58 PM
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 26, 2015 2:59 PM

Jul 2014
Well, I am happy to say that even though I didn't like this show that much, I liked it better than Lucky Star because it wasn't nearly as tedious to sit through.

1/5 for the episode, 3/10 for the show.
Feb 24, 2016 7:26 AM

Nov 2011
Hooray! :D
I can finally say I also finished this anime series, I'm happy! ^_^
Nice and fun to the end, the comedy comes more from the sweetness of the stars that real cool little gags, the ending is a hymn to poverty that finds fertile ground in this period of history, however, more than make you appear to be a mantra against it.

7/10.
Apr 26, 2016 7:33 AM

Jun 2015
Well, this spin-off wasn't as good as I expected. To be fair, Lucky Star didn't get on my favorite anime list either, but it was still better than this.

The ED was pretty good, though.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Aug 17, 2016 6:24 PM
Jul 2016
Oh the things my OCD forces me to watch. It wasn't too horrible for a spin-off at least.
Jul 5, 2017 7:22 AM

Jun 2017
started weak but improved with every episode,which is quite admirable. an 8/10 for sure :)
Aug 8, 2018 10:14 AM

Jul 2016
Meh... it was really average through the whole 10 eps. and I didn't find funny the main idea of having nothing to eat but that's just me... 5/10.

P.S.: The ED was catchy tho.

B i n b o u ~

B i n b o u ~
May 12, 2020 9:26 PM

Dec 2009
Hikage's voice (/acting) isn't very pleasing or great which doesn't aid in uplifting the dynamic of the duo which is a little dull in repetition from a wasteful individual in Hinata.

As for the spin-off characters, Akira appears on tv on the side two times, Hinata works at Meito's store and the iconic trio of Konata, Tsukasa and Kagami are seen twice in the background.

As amazing as the english dub cast of Lucky Star was, I feel this anime may have been more pleasing with a better casting from funimation.

Keeping the same atmosphere and aura of Lucky Star from the same studio,
my personal favorites moments of this short anime were Hikage's interactions with her teacher, Kazuhiko and overall hate and frustration of being poor and lacking food being hilarious at times.
Marina's consulting of Kazuhiko is pretty funny as well. Daisuke and her friends didn't have enough screen time to have a better impression of.

Hikage is quite adorable at times but unfortunately her voice sucks.
The opening and ending songs are pretty catchy too. Decent adaption. 6/10 overall.
Nov 24, 2020 1:45 PM

Aug 2018
Will be writing my thoughts on all the episodes in this discussion..
Damn, this OP is lit.. ;o And it's rarely I say that - it really looks impressive, to be honest.. ;o
Poor life is hard.. But any life is hard, to be honest.. Like working 8 hours a day?.. A fun life we'd all be choosing for sure, isn't it?.. Sarcasm, of course.. So yeah.. Life sucks in general, really..
Honestly, I can relate to some things, really.. Like sometimes better to spend less on food, to afford some more of things related to my interests.. Like, I don't know.. It's not doujins, but still stuff.. Like just spending in general less on food, so I'd get better computer, for example.. Some food is really expensive, to be honest..
Also, I have close thinking about strawberries.. I don't really like them.. And they're kinda expensive.. So I don't really give a damn, if they get more expensive or not.. Price on different things is more important for me..
I also don't care about excursions, to be honest.. And as well because they're partially expensive.. Like, we had a couple to the near country, for example.. But they thankfully were optional.. Because really a waste of money and time as well, to be honest.. I don't like travels myself, really.. Even if had some, including to other countries.. Really, not stuff for me at all.. I'd more happily choose to view streets on the internet, if I'd really want to look at the damn streets.. But why would I want that, lol.. Traveling, really, is both waste of time and money, to be honest..
Don't gamble, though.. Yeah - maybe it's funny, or something.. But really, only the gambling sites win in this.. Please don't gamble..
I saw that manager guy just recently.. In Akane Maniax, lol.. Is it reference to him?.. As there are references to some other anime series here and there, really.. Like to Nanoha, and stuff.. But that guy, really, was so obscure.. I maybe even think that he's originally not from there, but both Lucky Star and Akane Maniax referencing some other dude.. Because, yeah.. He was so obscure.. So yeah.. Kinda no idea, who this is, even if I see this manager guy the second time..
Hikage is my spirit animal, lol.. ;D But for real, though - I like spending less, if I can, really.. It leaves more money for other stuff, which truly matters.. I'm not on the level of efficiency on the using hair dryer or something, though, lol.. ;D Well, no reason to get too crazy as well, because you'll get ill with overly some things.. And with getting ill - you'll have to spend even more during that time.. ;D So yeah - don't get too crazy.. But some things you really can get cheaper, or I don't need them, to be honest..
And honestly.. This anime is enjoyable to watch.. I as well really think that in our culture we really have too much wasting money considered as to be normal, or even, what is even more I don't agree with - desirable.. Like travels.. Or trying the more cafes and restaurants you can.. Or something other useless stuff, really.. And ok, if useless - but really I enjoy putting money on the interests I personally have.. Rather than try 10 types of coffee or whatever, lol.. It's enjoyable to watch person, who values money, not the usual our broad culture of spending money here and there, to be honest.. And in many cases it's just for the sake of being "cool", social status, and other stuff like that.. Man, I'll enjoy putting my money to better use, really.. Well, then again, our society in general has many stupidities.. Like, for example, the alcohol culture, and everyone enjoying talking about it, it being a desirable topic in society.. Meh, to be honest.. And even a harmful thing as well, really.. So yeah - not everything what is normal - good, really..
It was an enjoyable anime, really.. Hikage is good girl.. ;P
Sep 12, 2023 7:47 PM

Dec 2009
Original Notes of 2020:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku Episode 1 Discussion

KitKatKaz - Apr 29, 2013

43 by El-Melloi »»
Apr 22, 2021 12:44 PM

Poll: » Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku Episode 9 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Jun 24, 2013

18 by SouthRzVa »»
Aug 8, 2018 9:59 AM

Poll: » Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku Episode 8 Discussion

Ksa - Jun 17, 2013

21 by FFTHEWINNER »»
Jul 4, 2017 12:17 PM

Poll: » Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku Episode 7 Discussion

SleepingK - Jun 10, 2013

24 by FFTHEWINNER »»
Jul 4, 2017 12:14 PM

Poll: » Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku Episode 6 Discussion

BW42 - Jun 3, 2013

24 by FFTHEWINNER »»
Jul 3, 2017 9:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.