Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 3, 2014 7:58 PM
Jan 2014
Anime needs next season.
I feel down for some reason.
Also 7/10 ending.
|My current achievements /// What the olden times taught me|

Best Anime Opening, all arguments invalid.
Second Best OP down here

Jul 3, 2014 3:04 PM

Oct 2013
looks like everyone wants a season 3 ^-^ great series
good last episode lol she so happy he ate her cooking XD
that robot
Nyaruko wasmy fav^-^ not to the ova
8/10
[/quote]
Oct 25, 2014 4:52 AM

Sep 2014
Nice enjoyable series. There is not much plot but despite that, or maybe thanks to that it's fun to watch. Second season was little bit better than the first one IMO, but they are both great. Can't wait for the next season/ova or whatever is coming (I think it's gonna be the finale?)
Dec 4, 2014 8:49 AM

Sep 2014
Please, let there be a third season! I really like this anime!
Feb 8, 2015 5:47 PM

May 2014
Loved the OP, awesome multiple EDs. The first half of the season I thought this was going to be a 9, but the second half just felt... dull. Still good, though. 8/10.
Feb 13, 2015 8:36 PM

Sep 2014
Though I didn't get even a quarter of the references I loved season 1 and 2, though I give the edge to season 1.

As to Mahiro, I'm just tired of seeing his Tsun side. The guy goes from being, like, 95% Tsun to "only" 90% Tsun. *And it doesn't help that I'm beyond sick of type A Tsunderes*

We know he likes them and wants them to stay but he simply won't actually come out and say it. You'd think by the end of the 2nd season he could admit to liking them at least once, and admitting he doesn't want them to leave. Instead he's very around about with it, avoiding saying what he really feels. I kind of wonder if we weren't close to hearing him admit it in the previous episode just before the fire blew out.

Hopefully he'll actually be honest in Hayoire! Nyaruko-san F.
Mar 19, 2015 11:13 AM
Sep 2014
Casyle said:
Though I didn't get even a quarter of the references I loved season 1 and 2, though I give the edge to season 1.

As to Mahiro, I'm just tired of seeing his Tsun side. The guy goes from being, like, 95% Tsun to "only" 90% Tsun. *And it doesn't help that I'm beyond sick of type A Tsunderes*

We know he likes them and wants them to stay but he simply won't actually come out and say it. You'd think by the end of the 2nd season he could admit to liking them at least once, and admitting he doesn't want them to leave. Instead he's very around about with it, avoiding saying what he really feels. I kind of wonder if we weren't close to hearing him admit it in the previous episode just before the fire blew out.

Hopefully he'll actually be honest in Hayoire! Nyaruko-san F.

This is first time im reading comments from last episode of show (season) i didnt watch yet and on looks of it i dont even need to watch it untill i get extreme bored since Mahiro is still annoying spoiled brat. But hey, its his mother fault for being like that.
Jun 15, 2015 8:08 PM

Jan 2010
The biggest problems with this show are convenience and indecisiveness. I would have liked this show a lot more if it was a straightforward action/romance/comedy. However, the gimmick with Nyaruko being head-over-heels in love with Mahiro hinges on him constantly pushing her away. Because of this though, it makes him seem extremely insensitive, especially with how he treats all the other girls in the show better.

I would assume it's out of consideration that he doesn't want to hurt Nyaruko's feelings, and I'd be fine with it if the show never descended into dramatic territories. However, Mahiro constantly pushes Nyaruko away, yet always keeps her within arm's reach, never outright rejecting her. He has the convenience of pursuing her at any time, and is completely content with playing out this love comedy. This might be a weakness of the show actually, as in any other show, both love interests would either be extremely dense or socially inept at getting across their feelings. Also, there'd be a bunch of "Kyaa! Ecchi!" scenes, but there's none of that in this show surprisingly. Here, Nyaruko outright pursues Mahiro sexually, and Mahiro denies her every time. I'm not usually annoyed by romcom hijinks, but when Nyaruko is being so direct, it astounds me how Mahiro can dance around her approaches so offhandedly.

I'm taking this show seriously because I really do want to like it. This show has a lot of charm to it, and it hurts to watch it constantly shoot itself in the foot when it points out its own flaws. This was most apparent when Nyaruko pinned Mahiro down a little after he fakes the engagement with Kuuko, which in of itself was tasteless. Again, in any other show, both parties wouldn't have gotten their feelings into their air, so a move like that could have been justified due to being dense or just not knowing any better. Here, Mahiro isn't dense, nor does he not understand his situation. This show makes him seem like an inconsiderate jerk, and I doubt that was the intention.

Perhaps if this show ignored any implications and drama and instead continued as a pure comedy, it would have been fine. However, when the show brings up relationship issues by itself, yet never fully addresses those issues, it just hard for me to not ignore these problems, despite my best efforts at letting them slide.
ShockedJun 15, 2015 8:19 PM
Jan 18, 2016 8:30 PM

Nov 2007
I feel like this show has possibilities of numerous seasons like To-LOVE-Ru as long as Mahiro doesn't confess that he likes her. And the light-heartedness of the topics of the seasons make it work. Plus the hilarious references of the combo of anime AND American shows, and funny foreshadowing are a plus.
Jan 30, 2016 12:43 AM

Nov 2014
I cried alittle when Nya-nya-chan was crying. She really absolutely loves Mahiro-kun with all her heart. It is so rare a thing to see at times. And to be honest, I didn't want her to have to leave him either. she just looked so broken. I am happy at the end, she And Kuuko, and Hasuta all stay with Mahiro.
Jan 30, 2016 12:46 AM

Aug 2014
hydro said:
The main difference between Mahiro and the female tsunderes everyone seems to love, is that Mahiro actually has a legitimate reason for his violence most of the time. Female tsunderes hit a human guy for simple misunderstandings. Mahiro forks the alien girl for being batshit crazy and waaaay too forward. Seeing as that's a clear point in his favor, the double standards here are both blatant and ridiculous. (Unless everyone that hates Makoto also hates female tsunderes, I just doubt this is the case). And this is coming from someone who adores Nyaruko and her batshit crazy antics. I assume it's because some males find female tsunderes cute, and they're not gonna find male tsunderes cute too; so hate it is. All that said, seeing as he is a tsundere, even I would like to see a little more development if there was a 3rd season. Unless of course that would spell the end for the series, which is not something I want to see. Always fun.
So much yes here. Personally, tsundere often annoy me (dammit Naru), and Mahiro does it more often than most just by his raw refusal to admit that he might actually like Nyarlko or at least to give her a chance. His resistance is slowly wearing away, though~

Not that Nyarlko doesn't irritate me just as often. *huggles Cthuko*
Krunchy said:
But it's obviously for me! This show rly hit my taste, however I liked 1st season more so 8/10.

There was no kiss... so season 3 is a must!
All of this. At least we've gotten another OVA.
rreynolds said:
Surprised Mahiro didn't just pull a fork on the mech.
Yeah, the fact that he didn't is just forked-up. Like what even.
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
May 28, 2016 9:34 AM

Apr 2009
i was expecting Cyclone to be the final boss but i suppose i was wrong -w-'

still; i am disappoint, and sad, cuz Hasuta got so little attention in this season -w-'

i have also been made aware that i've not seen enough anime, since i didn't get all of the references =^='
darned females getting in the way for something that could have been good T_T*
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Aug 12, 2017 3:16 PM

Aug 2013
This is the best 'parody' series which I've ever seen.
Great characters (Kuuko and Nyaruko were incredible, their voice actors even more), tons of absurd, really funny humor, beautiful art and animation (probably the best looking series from Xebec).
8/10!
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 14, 2017 8:40 AM

Jul 2010
7/10 because no kiss scene...

and for that khajit, im calling the police.
"grade schoolers are the best" :D ???
Apr 30, 2018 11:56 AM
Jan 2018
HARUKA KASUGANO SEMPRE SERÁ O MELHOR PERSONAGEM DESSES TIPOS DE ANIMES. O CARA PEGA A MULHE RMESMO, SEM FRESCURA E É FIEL E DEDICADO.
May 16, 2018 10:05 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
I sorta marathoned this season. Its randomness is pretty good. 8/10 if isn't a bad score for it.

Sep 3, 2018 9:15 PM
Sep 2016
Press F to pay respects for Kuuko's voice actres
Sep 14, 2018 3:28 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty much a direct sequel to the first season, same humor and style. If it had a more likable protagonist I might have rated it higher. 7/10
Jun 19, 2019 3:46 AM

Aug 2013
Horrible and repetitive comedy and non existent plot. Not sure how it is getting so much praise but it I didn't like it.
3/10
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Jul 24, 2020 5:35 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
No big differences between this season and the first one, overall it has some flaws but it's still very enjoyable, kinda sad there is no third season yet, it's been 7 years, I still hope to see it one day... I think I will miss this anime.
Mar 15, 2022 5:03 AM

Aug 2020
very good anime if you just wanna have fun

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jun 25, 2022 12:03 PM
Dec 2021
A Fantastic anime!! I enjoyed it a lot!!
Sep 23, 2022 6:43 PM
Feb 2022
i have a bunch of thoughts about this series, and most arent good. i will start off with the bad and wrap up with the good.

my main issue is with MC, the obvious kirito clone (one year after sao came out), who is a total wuss and voluntarily celibate. i get the unwilling harem target is a typical plot line and there are good reasons for that, but he is super annoying and really killed this series for me more than anything else.

i dont get most of the references. this is obviously not the show’s fault, but it definitely lessened my enjoyment.

the plot, intentionally or not, is largely ridiculous and all over the place. this wasn’t always a bad thing but it got too silly for me

this show is far too immature for my tastes (also not really the show’s fault, im just not in the target audience because im not 13 anymore)

now the good, which there is not a lot of:

the opening song is great. it’s catchy as hell and i loved it. they picked a good one and i think it also fits the show really well

there were a lot of unique scenes in this anime, despite the whole thing purposely being cliche.

that’s pretty much it, plus that i really didn’t enjoy the first few episodes at all, and figured i would give it a 4. that rose to a 5 once i got past the midway hump and close to the end. by the time it finished the characters and the show in general was really growing on me. i ended up giving it a 6 and just cannot justify any better.

i watched this one before season 1. maybe that was another strike against it which is not a fault of show, but honestly i have no desire to see it anymore
Nov 9, 2022 6:38 PM
Oct 2021
mahiro is the worst mc of any show i have ever seen
Oct 16, 2023 6:48 PM
May 2022
overall between two seasons, having literally zero progress. was kind of sad, the anime itself was enjoyable. but for me the MC literally ruined the whole series. his wishy-washy and how he interacted with everyone, was unenjoyable. he came off really bland and rude. I love the puns and the energy of every other character.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2013

119 by White_Alice »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:49 AM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2013

113 by White_Alice »»
Nov 7, 2022 1:47 AM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

91 by bezardo »»
Aug 9, 2022 6:53 AM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2013

59 by LadyLeeMing »»
May 7, 2022 5:03 PM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2013

70 by WNightfall »»
Oct 11, 2021 8:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.