Forum Settings
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2013 5:17 AM

Sep 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
EDITED! Added more below...

Don't have a lot of time here but another awesome chapter...

Ryota cradles Hidemi's body. Himiko prays. Oda holds the door handle. Pilot holds the pistol.

Oda says when I open the hatch, we attack.

Ryota thinks about Oda, the attack, Himiko, how to get revenge for Hidemi. How they may get hurt further in the attack.

Takanohashi still can't get a hold of the pilot. Tyrannos guy calls him and reams him out for screwing up. Takanohashi says it will be OK but ends up apologizing. The guy says get them back to the island, get the show back on track.

Girl in Takanohashi's chopper reestablishes comms. English follows.

Takanohashi says he'll be paid what the whole squad was going to get for getting them back to the island. Pilot says 10x that! Takanohashi agrees.

Somehow Hidemi's brain is still functioning on some level. She is imagining her old boyfriend, the one who committed suicide.

Oda opens the hatch! Ryota charges with the knife! But the pilot parries and knocks Ryota to the ground with the knife. The stungun hits the pilot but he convulses and the pistol goes off, shooting Oda. Ryota stabs the pilot in the leg.

The chopper veers right and Himiko and Oda fall out! Takanohashi says alright, two down!

Ryota yells after Oda and Himiko!

The pilot says the only thing stopping him from killing Ryota is that he'll get paid less. He says to get off.

Ryota says "Why this sort of murderous game being played!! Something is wrong!! Do you really enjoy this sort of thing!! Are we bad, bad people? Can you hear me!? Answer me!! Takanohashi!!

You want me to return here to participate again?

I can't tell the difference between the game and reality anymore, so tell me!! From pain to death!! Because you're really enjoying this thing!! Somehow please say something to the sponsor!!"

He puts down his knife.

Ryota apologizes to Hidemi but then notices that she is alive! Somehow she is still alive!

"Where am I?"

Her head is in his lap. "Where... come here... I'm lonely."

She is confusing Ryota for her boyfriend. Ryota says, "You're alive! How, your head..."

"What's wrong? What kind of monster do you see in my face?"

"... that monster is scary!"

"My god!" says the pilot!

Ryota says to Hidemi, "Don't try to move!"

Ryota says in Japanese to the pilot, "She's hurt, she needs help!"

The pilot says in English, "Shut your mouth and jump!"

In Japanese Ryota says, "Y... you!!"

The pilot starts shooting Hidemi!

"What?? Already my head..."

"Don't worry... we'll..."

Hidemi has a BIM!

"You idiot..." she says.

"That's dangerous!" says Ryota.

"Quickly... go!" she says.

"For everything up to now.. I'm sorry," says Ryota as he jumps from the chopper!

"Shit! What is that! A bomb? You've got some nerve!" says the pilot.

Pilot sees Hidemi is alive and has a BIM. She sees her old boyfriend waiting for her! He shoots her multiple times but she has set off her BIM!

Hidemi rises up from her body and into her old boyfriend's arms, her face smiling! Her boyfriend says her name and draws her near. She cries... She puts up her middle finger to the pilot with her hand holding the BIM!

Ryota is away and the chopper explodes!

Continued next month...

----

So amazing this show... it gives redemption to characters like Hidemi who I thought had no possibility of it! Now to wait another month...

I can't believe I'm crying for Hidemi! But I am! My god, this is such a good manga!
hpulleySep 27, 2013 5:14 AM
Jun 27, 2013 4:08 PM

Jul 2012
Holy Hidemi was still alive at least she killed the bastard pilot so wait was she seeing her boyfriend's ghost or something like she became a ghost? Now the chopper is down mabe they can attempt to repair it or was it totally destroyed? Thanks for the summary again Hpulley! And I'm first again XD
Jun 27, 2013 6:47 PM

Sep 2012
Whether her brain was just seeing things, as it had a bullet in it or if she saw his ghost and then became a ghost herself we'll never know but I would like to think they are together now... like when they laid Date-san and Murasaki-san's bodies together on the beach it seems like this manga really is about ever lasting love and ... forgiveness. Date-san was horrible to Murasaki-san, he blew her hand off trying to kill her to get a chip to get off the island and left her there! And yet she still loved him. Hidemi's boyfriend was ignored by her when he had his accident and couldn't play soccer anymore but he still loved her and... if you don't think it was just in her poor bullet riddled mind, he forgave her and they get to be together forever, after death... For a seinen deathmatch manga it sure is romantic is all I can say!

The chopper is totally destroyed, at least the one they were in. Takanohashi's chopper is still OK but unless it lands for some reason I can't see them using it to get away. Seems, assuming they are alive and can swim back to the island, that Himiko and Ryota will be trapped there again and may have to face Kira and friends again.

Not sure if Oda will survive. He was shot at least twice and may drown now unless... Ryota can save him or Himiko can.

So much for Ryota's idea to save them all. Sadly the chopper hijacking attempt has gone all wrong.

You're welcome.
Jul 3, 2013 2:12 PM

Sep 2012
You're welcome! Glad to know someone finds them useful.
Jul 14, 2013 7:39 AM

Mar 2013
Just wanted to say thank you again for another awesome summary.
Jul 16, 2013 11:41 PM

Jul 2011
I readed it long ago but i forgot to thank you, then i do it now, thanks a lot :D

Damn, the chopper is destroyed, such a pity, and Hidemi died :( wait... i don't mind xD

Waiting for the next~

csal07 said:
And I'm first again XD

You win this time !! XD
-RoninJul 17, 2013 12:07 AM
Sep 27, 2013 5:38 PM
Sep 2013
This confirms my assumption; the game continues with Ryota in the lead.
Sep 27, 2013 6:14 PM

Sep 2012
tcs0 said:
This confirms my assumption; the game continues with Ryota in the lead.
How do you figure he's in the lead??? He just jumped out of an exploding chopper... ah well, check out chapter 65!
Oct 3, 2013 5:56 PM

Apr 2011
Huge thanks for the summary. I finally got around to watching the anime and I had to move onto the manga to see how the manga goes on.

Can't wait to see more raws and scanlations. Hopefully there's more coming soon.
Jan 11, 2014 3:21 PM

Aug 2008
ch 64 was released on s2s today.
Jan 11, 2014 3:57 PM
Sep 2012
wow, she got shot in the head and is still alive? well i guess its possible. lol for a second i thought she was fine and maybe her skull had a metal plate or something which stopped the bullet....but this is Btoom convenient shit like that doesnt happen. Well im happy she got a good send off even though i disliked her at the beginning.
Jan 11, 2014 4:06 PM

Nov 2011
That was intense but I gotta say, greedy people get what they deserve especially in this manga.
Jan 11, 2014 4:12 PM

Jan 2013
xtremexx said:
wow, she got shot in the head and is still alive? well i guess its possible. lol for a second i thought she was fine and maybe her skull had a metal plate or something which stopped the bullet....but this is Btoom convenient shit like that doesnt happen. Well im happy she got a good send off even though i disliked her at the beginning.
Well, it can happen. Usually by stray bullets with far more distance, though. But you can get a bullet in the head in a way that don't kill you and "only" cripples some of your body functions (depents on the regions of the brain). Here it is like with this one Bond villain - she luckily got the area where she would feel.

Also its nice to see, that military people are no push overs. So many Manga and Comics where military people get beaten by children and inexperineced civilians.
Jan 11, 2014 7:00 PM

Dec 2013
I was waiting for that chapter for a month and it was well worth the wait. That was just crazy how she survived. I was thinking it would be a little too good if she did live on after this chapter but I think the closure she got in her last moments was satisfying and I laughed a little when she flicked off the pilot in her last moments. While it's sad that she died I think it's better for the story to show that death is very present for the btooom players. Very good chapter I would say
Examining one series under the magnifying glass at a time.
Jan 11, 2014 7:02 PM
Mar 2012
RIP Kinoshita, she deserves all of my respect
Jan 11, 2014 8:27 PM

May 2013
Poor Kinoshita. Amazing she was still alive after being shot in the head. At least she died on her own terms.
Jan 11, 2014 8:58 PM
Jul 2018
and these forum disc. is 6 month old. :D
well that one fuck*d up way to die. XD
Jan 11, 2014 10:30 PM

Aug 2012
Going out like a boss R.I.P Kinoshita. That picture at the end though.
Jan 12, 2014 12:22 AM

Dec 2012
Didn't like Kinoshita from the start but her death gave me a lot of respect for her. Go out with a bang!
Jan 12, 2014 12:37 PM

Jul 2013
WOEEEH I WAS WAITING FOR THIS WOEHH
Jan 13, 2014 3:13 AM

Dec 2008
Kinoshita's death was beautiful and bad ass at the same time.
Jan 17, 2014 6:46 AM

Sep 2013
I love this manga. I watched the anime a while back already, and now felt like seeing what happens next. Read all 14 chapters in 2 sittings today. ^^

This is one of those series that you just can't stop reading/watching in case of the anime version, until you have nothing to see anymore.

It felt so good seeing those greedy company bastards get blown to pieces I found myself almost scary, lol.
Jan 18, 2014 9:41 PM
Nov 2013
They made her so feely near the end... I started off hating her, and now am sad that she got such a cruel death. But this is how you do character development. It's amazing that they develop almost all of the characters... Except for that old man that Kira killed to get into that squad.
Feb 26, 2015 2:30 AM

Oct 2012
*gives out middle finger
That's how you become a badass!
"Signature removed"
Mar 16, 2015 4:12 PM

Feb 2014
Haven't bothered commenting for Btooom, but since the last arc is now approaching, I'mma go ahead and say this:
One of the best chapters I've ever read, and having one of the best character's deaths. The feels was strong in those last panels. Hidemi went out like a total boss. I srsly need this animated by next year

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Jun 4, 2015 1:18 AM

Feb 2012
a very sad conclusion. although i'm relieved that they at least took down that piece of shit pilot and helicopter in the process.
Sep 11, 2020 2:48 AM

May 2020
Been shoot in the head but still alive, Kinoshita is strong girl. She saw Sakamoto as her lover and she did protect them. Helicopter us explode and will be back to killing time.
Apr 30, 2023 10:53 PM

Jul 2021
Their plan failed but she got to take her revenge and said goodbye with a bang

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 125 Discussion

Akoram - Aug 15, 2018

12 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 26, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 97 Discussion

drama_menck - Oct 5, 2016

21 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 14, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 122 Discussion

Akoram - Aug 15, 2018

25 by Xeehad »»
Jan 14, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 121 Discussion

Akoram - Aug 15, 2018

13 by Xeehad »»
Jan 13, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 77 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11, 2015

23 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 9, 2:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.