Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2013 5:30 AM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hey yay yay yay!

symbvJun 22, 2013 12:55 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 22, 2013 8:29 AM

Sep 2012
Enkai War was awesome! Loved the skits. Panzer Five were so funny, and I believe the only pantsu shot in the entire series though intentional with one of the villains. The ballet was actually more fanservice really but overall that was very light this OVA. Just fun.

And the educational part was good again. Nearing the end I thought they forgot to do the Maus but no, of course they didn't forget it, just biggest for last.

I am going to miss this series! Can't wait for the movie and hopefully season 2.
Jun 22, 2013 3:39 PM
Oct 2012
Loved the:

Little Woman Re-enactment
Hana losing control during the impressions,
Yuzu's bikini bottom during the P5 performance
Yuzu and Momo's dresses during Swan Lake
Anteater team lasting as long as they did during the battle
The social awkwardness of the Public morals team

Fun episode, nice addition to the BD. Now it is on the the OVA.
Jun 23, 2013 10:49 PM

Sep 2012
So the Anko team routine is directly from a real sentai drama Gosei Sentai Dairanger!! The synchronization is just IMPRESSIVE!

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 24, 2013 2:45 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
So the Anko team routine is directly from a real sentai drama Gosei Sentai Dairanger!! The synchronization is just IMPRESSIVE!

Great find! Amazing the attention to detail this show pays in everything it does! Going to miss it... getting a new OVA every month kind of extended the show for me.
Jun 25, 2013 6:53 AM

Apr 2011
I so want to watch this, but I have to wait for the subs! :(
Jun 25, 2013 11:20 AM

Sep 2012
Usagi team... :o
Jun 25, 2013 1:39 PM

Apr 2010
Leopan team always wins for me girls who can fix things hot.
Anime needs the scrap all the maids and replace them with engineers instead!!
What can you dislike about a girl in jeans and a tank top covered in oil and sweat.
I almost forgot about Hoshino's tan.
Jun 25, 2013 2:51 PM

Dec 2012
Poor Type 89. HAHA

This OVA was so funny!
Jun 25, 2013 3:07 PM

Aug 2011
Loved the OVA. I hope this isn't the end of und Panzar though. I crave more now!!
Jun 25, 2013 3:16 PM
Oct 2012
symbv said:

You finding stuff like this makes me wonder about all the things the director has put in that we haven't found out about yet :-)
Jun 25, 2013 3:40 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
"desert pink"?

Silly episode, but fun.
Jun 25, 2013 7:37 PM

Mar 2012
Loved this one. These OVAs have a been a bit uneven overall, but it was worth it just for this one. They really put a lot of character into the animation. I'd love to see a video of the Sentai part synchronized with the real thing just to see how accurate it is.

Can't wait for the Anzio OVA and the film! Panzer vor!
Jun 25, 2013 8:57 PM

Nov 2011
Dat hidden talent contest.

The songs with the guitars were cute I guess.
It's show time!

I can't wait for OVA and movie now.
Jun 26, 2013 3:54 AM

Nov 2008
They mentioned Nishi from Chihatan academy and Mika from Continuation academy

The OVA/movie is on its way now.

:D

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 26, 2013 6:15 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Nice finish, a nice roundup of all the characters with some very good performances. Very funny at the end.
Now I just have to wait for the movie and the OVA! :9
Jun 26, 2013 8:16 AM

Apr 2013
this was hilarious, and the panzer 5 skit from Mikou crew was just gorgeous, but I almost broke a rib when they announced the final prize, that sounded like a joke about politicans and corruption.

Can't wait for the movie, I want to have a job so I can buy a TigerP miniature to put on my desk and the BD disk, this show deserves it.
Jun 26, 2013 5:24 PM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Hey yay yay yay!

Best. Sentai Team. Ever

They should have won. But then again, a dried potatoes ain't worth it.
Jun 27, 2013 12:04 AM
Nov 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
makes me wonder about all the things the director has put in that we haven't found out about yet :-)

As usual, every reference to Ōarai is real. The banquet is at the Ōarai Hotel, on the ocean front near Ōarai's shrine.

Girls und Panzer banquet vs. Ōarai Hotel banquet ad

Many of the dishes match, including the kiwi fruit on the custard. (That's not traditional Japanese, but it looks tasty.)

There's some product placement in this OVA. Third prize is lottery tickets for Resort Outlets Ōarai, the mall which has shown up many times in the series. The girls have been shopping there, the chase with St. Gloriana goes by it, and the final scene of the anglerfish dance is in the mall parking lot. The mall did have a lottery after they reopened after the tsunami.
Jun 27, 2013 2:52 PM

Apr 2012
I love this episode! Can' stop laughing. Clearly the best OVA for me.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jun 28, 2013 9:11 PM

Sep 2012
oldskoolpunk said:
As usual, every reference to Ōarai is real. The banquet is at the Ōarai Hotel, on the ocean front near Ōarai's shrine.

There's some product placement in this OVA. Third prize is lottery tickets for Resort Outlets Ōarai, the mall which has shown up many times in the series. The girls have been shopping there, the chase with St. Gloriana goes by it, and the final scene of the anglerfish dance is in the mall parking lot. The mall did have a lottery after they reopened after the tsunami.
Also the flowers sent by Ooarai's shops... Those names are from real shops in Ooarai, including the restaurant-inn which is famous for having a tank crashed into its front yard X-D

Jun 29, 2013 4:51 PM

Dec 2009
This was the best of all specials. I will miss this series so much. :(
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 29, 2013 8:37 PM

Jul 2011
I couldn't find any Akiyama Tank Class for ep6 that usually comes with the ova specials...
anyone help me plz?
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・゜Σ(´∀`;)βακα..._φ(゚∀゚ )アヒャ・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Jul 4, 2013 7:31 PM

Sep 2010
minfremi said:
I couldn't find any Akiyama Tank Class for ep6 that usually comes with the ova specials...
anyone help me plz?

With your profile pic is a totally yes!

I undestand your question, Yukari Akiyama is in the Anko Team (Panzer IV)
Jul 5, 2013 3:06 AM

May 2012
minfremi said:
anyone help me plz?

That's because it's still not released yet by AK(the ones doing them). Even ep 4 and 5 of it is not yet out as well. You'll just have to wait for it to be available.
Jul 5, 2013 3:20 AM

Sep 2012
zenjamibu said:
minfremi said:
anyone help me plz?

That's because it's still not released yet by AK(the ones doing them). Even ep 4 and 5 of it is not yet out as well. You'll just have to wait for it to be available.
Or buy the discs which is how I watch them all :)
Jul 12, 2013 12:29 AM

Sep 2009
Magito said:
symbv said:
Hey yay yay yay!

Best. Sentai Team. Ever

They should have won. But then again, a dried potatoes ain't worth it.

THIS. XD
Mar 19, 2014 8:10 PM

Jan 2013
Damn a lot of food :D
And the 1st place goes to....the organisation team ahaha
Isuzu is so cute :3 The last "battle" was epic ahah
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 15, 2015 8:55 PM

Apr 2008
All's well that ends well.
Oct 29, 2015 9:07 AM

Jul 2014
Saw it coming that the student council would choose themselves as the winners.

Well, some of the performances were pretty funny at least.

Rating for the episode: 2/5

Rating for the OVAs as a whole: 3/10
Dec 28, 2015 7:26 PM

Apr 2014
Loving the Super Sentai references

Sep 16, 2016 2:41 AM

Aug 2015
I love how they referenced some of the upcoming characters of Girls und Panzer der Film in this OVA LOL
Sep 21, 2016 12:30 PM

Sep 2014
I liked the randomness. Duck team's impersonations were quite funny!
Silly Hippo team can't stop telling historic facts, I liked it. Usagi-team was nice. Leopon, Mallard and especially Anteater team, wtf? xD

Anzu won the dried potatoes, according to keikaku.

symbv said:

Wow! I didn't get that reference. It's pretty good!
Dec 1, 2016 5:25 PM

Apr 2016
I just love the humor in this show!
Anzu best girl defending the anglefish is one point!
So good!
Nov 2, 2017 4:27 AM

Aug 2015
Oh my God, I'm glad I decided to watch the specials because this episode is so funny! Laughed so much at awkward Anteater Team song and the other girls reaction to it! Copycat game was so funny toooooo

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Nov 25, 2019 5:09 PM

Feb 2017
Loved this fun variety episode. I wish the main series and all the other Special episodes had this much energy!
May 4, 2021 7:03 PM

Mar 2016
Lovely little OVA. :D

Fun to watch :3

Mar 25, 2023 6:44 AM

Aug 2019
panzer rangers..

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Specials Episode 4 Discussion

Kotori_Sonoda - Apr 26, 2013

38 by superwaha »»
Apr 30, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Specials Episode 2 Discussion

hpulley - Feb 23, 2013

32 by asbest0sdust »»
Feb 12, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Specials Episode 1 Discussion

Shih - Dec 24, 2012

40 by asbest0sdust »»
Feb 12, 6:58 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Specials Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

31 by Bronze_ »»
Jan 25, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Girls und Panzer Specials Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

23 by Bronze_ »»
Jan 25, 7:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.