Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 21, 2013 11:16 AM

Jul 2012
hazerddex said:
Houndthree said:
I loved the CGI in Macross Frontier; hated it in Blassreiter and Black Rock Shooter

i did not see any cgi in black rock shooter.......

The TV series
הלב שלי כבר מת
Jun 21, 2013 11:16 AM

Feb 2010
Houndthree said:
hazerddex said:
Houndthree said:
I loved the CGI in Macross Frontier; hated it in Blassreiter and Black Rock Shooter

The TV series

there was no akward cgi stop being a hater
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 21, 2013 11:19 AM

Jan 2008
hazerddex said:
Houndthree said:
hazerddex said:
Houndthree said:

The TV series

I'd say the CGI in BRS was passable, simply because when they jumped into that other world, everything was CG'd, it wasn't like just the mechs or weapons were CG'd.
Jun 21, 2013 11:19 AM

Jul 2012
hazerddex said:
Houndthree said:
hazerddex said:
Houndthree said:

The TV series

Kewl, so I can't have my own opinion, hmm okay
הלב שלי כבר מת
Jun 21, 2013 11:28 AM

Jul 2012
hazerddex said:
Houndthree said:
hazerddex said:
Houndthree said:

The TV series

While I think the CGI in BRS was pretty damn awesome, I believe him if he says he didn't like it, disliking the cgi doesn't make him a hater.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jun 21, 2013 11:34 AM

Feb 2010
Orsonius said:
hazerddex said:
Houndthree said:
hazerddex said:
Houndthree said:

The TV series

While I think the CGI in BRS was pretty damn awesome, I believe him if he says he didn't like it, disliking the cgi doesn't make him a hater.

i checked his profile ya im kinda sure hes just being a hater
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 21, 2013 11:34 AM

Jul 2012
Orsonius said:
hazerddex said:
Houndthree said:
hazerddex said:
Houndthree said:

The TV series

THANKS! <3

AKB0048 had some really bad CGI (dance scenes)

hazerddex said:

Okay I get it, I am a hater just because I rate the anime with 1/10.
OVA 3/10 because no fucked up CGI
TV 1/10 because of the fucked up CGI
MaorJun 21, 2013 11:38 AM
הלב שלי כבר מת
Jun 21, 2013 1:14 PM
Nov 2009
Most of the time, the CGI is terrible. Currently watching Last Exile...and it's so bad, it makes me want to stab my eyes.
Jun 21, 2013 1:27 PM

Jun 2013
You hate something if it doesn't fit in.

E.g.:
Yagami-san, your son is under suspicion of being Kira.

- Squidward from Ore no Imouto
Jun 21, 2013 1:28 PM

Jul 2012
hazerddex said:
Orsonius said:
hazerddex said:
Houndthree said:
hazerddex said:
Houndthree said:

The TV series

I checked his mal profile as well.

He is no hater, he has just bad taste.

"likes urobuchi and psychopass URGH!"
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jun 21, 2013 3:38 PM

Jul 2012
they simply shat on berserk

broke my fucking heart

my 2nd post about this. i'm traumatized
Jun 21, 2013 3:53 PM

Sep 2012
Shrabster said:
It looks cheesy and bad most of the time. That being said, Beast Wars, while not an anime, was still the shit.

Fucking this
Jun 21, 2013 4:02 PM

Feb 2013
I don't hate CGI, but it doesn't age very well and becomes outdated after a few years.
Jun 21, 2013 4:10 PM

Nov 2012
as long as it feasts my eyes, no problem then
Jun 21, 2013 4:19 PM

Dec 2011
i don't like CGI but i don't have a big problem against it..

btw captain harlock movie amazed me with CGI.. it looks epic.. :p
Jun 21, 2013 4:20 PM
Feb 2012
Anyone up for crappy CGI dragon from Fate/Stay Night? ... yeah, like we really needed that to
Seriously, they could've done better. ... like have that rendered better... or replace it with something more subtle.

But seriously though, I don't really mind the CGI that much. ... unless it looks distractingly bad (excluding the age)
Shrabster said:
That being said, Beast Wars, while not an anime, was still the shit.

Oh the years of childhood... that, and Reboot
filmftw1Jun 21, 2013 8:52 PM
Jun 21, 2013 5:51 PM

Jan 2013
CNile said:
MajinSaga said:
SolviteSekai said:
Ive yet to see an anime worth mentioning with bad CGI.

Bad CGI = Dreamworks.

Errr, the CGI in Dreamworks is absolutely top notch. It's just the movies themselves that just suck sometimes.
I thought Schrek was really good...

I said sometimes. The shrek movies were great up until the third one though.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Jun 21, 2013 5:57 PM

Feb 2010
I also wonder why people hate it so much.

I liked it in blassreiter and Berserker from fate/zero.
Jun 21, 2013 6:04 PM

Aug 2012
Vanisher said:

Because it looks out of place most of the time in 2D animation. The ones that do it well are the ones that probably had ridiculous budgets, like Fate/Zero. Now compare that to the little clip they showed in Fate/Stay Night. See the difference?
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jun 21, 2013 6:07 PM

Nov 2008
The only good anime with decent CGI segments are Smile and Doki Doki Precure. The rest have quite a few or many instances of choppy or just utterly bad cg.

Jun 21, 2013 6:22 PM

Feb 2010
gamer2710 said:
Vanisher said:

Because it looks out of place most of the time in 2D animation. The ones that do it well are the ones that probably had ridiculous budgets, like Fate/Zero. Now compare that to the little clip they showed in Fate/Stay Night. See the difference?

You misunderstood me, of course bad CG is bad. I was talking about people that hate any kind of CG, some people did hate it in fate/zero.
Jun 21, 2013 8:41 PM

Aug 2012
Paul said:
Because it's out of place. CGI an entire show from start to finish, that isn't a problem, throw in incredibly obvious 3D CG in a 2D show and then we got a problem. They've been improving the CGI but some are still pretty bad.

Look no further than this comment.
I'm not a 'hipster' because I don't particularly like CGI and prefer fully hand-drawn works, I just feel that a series looks better when it mainly sticks to one method of animation throughout.

I mean, I actually enjoy the terrible CGI of Malice@Doll.. but I also enjoy the hand-drawn glory of Akira and Ghost in the Shell.
Jun 21, 2013 8:48 PM

Jan 2008
Vanisher said:
gamer2710 said:
Vanisher said:

You misunderstood me, of course bad CG is bad. I was talking about people that hate any kind of CG, some people did hate it in fate/zero.

Quoting myself from my old thread.

Paul said:
/side note. In Fate/Zero, Beserkers ability was literally to convert a 2D object into a 3D CG'd object
Jun 21, 2013 8:57 PM

Jun 2013
MajinSaga said:
CNile said:
MajinSaga said:
SolviteSekai said:

Bad CGI = Dreamworks.

Errr, the CGI in Dreamworks is absolutely top notch. It's just the movies themselves that just suck sometimes.

I think that "How To Train Your Dragon" was pretty good too.
IF YOU DON’T SHIP MY OTP, I SWEAR TO GOD I’ll be okay with that.
IF YOU DON’T LIKE THE STUFF THAT I LIKE, I’M GONNA respect the fact that you have your own taste.
Jun 21, 2013 9:10 PM

Nov 2010
Parasol-Lady said:
MajinSaga said:
CNile said:
MajinSaga said:
SolviteSekai said:

Bad CGI = Dreamworks.

I think that "How To Train Your Dragon" was pretty good too.
The Paper Man showed a great way to combine CGI and drawn art.

Couldn't find a better pic.
Jun 21, 2013 9:21 PM

Oct 2012
People who hate CGI are just hipsters latching on to the old school. There's aren't as many as them yet in the real world, or they'll start claiming that they're trying to be "ironic". CGI is one of those things where a layman sees a bad example of it and it sticks out in his mind; he starts thinking that all CGI are like that, and when he doesn't notice it, he thinks there's no CGI. Yet in this digital age where technology is constantly improving, more and more producers are using digital effects in their works. Anyone who claims to be able to apparently tell when digital effects are used are blatantly ignorant. Did you know that in Hollywood movies, for example, they use these effects every few seconds? It could be to fix the lighting, remove an object in the background, clean up an actor's face, or make certain objects stand out more... And still people will talk about special effects as if it's only the bullet or explosion.

As for CGI in anime, unless you're in the industry, how would you know if they use some algorithm to help with the shading (e.g. like making an artificial light source), or preprogrammed weather effects (e.g. snow, rain), or whether the artists are drawing on paper or using a Wacom tablet? In many cases, it just makes sense using a computer to fill in an effect instead of having the artist use stencils to arrive at the exact same image.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jun 21, 2013 10:06 PM

Aug 2012
Because it feels intrusive and it breaks my immersion 90% of the time
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Jun 21, 2013 11:32 PM

May 2011
I don't care as long s it looks fine, i do care when it's something like the Berserk movies
Jun 22, 2013 1:05 AM

Nov 2009
CG is fine is small doses and as long as it doesnt take up most of the actual animation.

A good example of it is in Yugioh 5Ds where it only really appears for some of the more signature monster cards. They look alright but the vast bulk is still standard art styling.
Jun 22, 2013 1:06 AM

Nov 2012
I don't hate it.
I just don't like it.
Jun 22, 2013 3:35 AM

Mar 2012
gamer2710 said:
Vanisher said:

Not to mention the fact that it's Deen vs Ufotable. Of course it's going to look way better
Jun 22, 2013 3:40 AM

Jan 2009
i agree with OP

watch 009 Re: Cyborg its 3D but it looks like 2D its cel shading done right
and i want more Final Fantasy Advent Children kind of movies
Jun 22, 2013 4:09 AM

Jan 2013
I thought the CGI in Infinite Stratos looked good.

Too bad the show sucked.
Jun 22, 2013 4:14 AM

Jan 2008
SolviteSekai said:

Too bad the show sucked.

Passable as a generic harem with minor action thrown in. Charlotte and Laura. Hnnnggggg~
Jun 22, 2013 4:23 AM

Feb 2013
SolviteSekai said:
Look its 2013.

Anime is going to have SOME cgi in it. It lessens teh workload of the animators (i'd assume) and when done right it looks pretty awesome.

You peeps aren't doing anyone any favors by being purists. It just slows progress within society.

I say onward into the future of Paperman!

I have to agree we you on that 1.
Jun 22, 2013 5:23 AM

Aug 2010
The only C.G.I I liked is when it is used by a high budget company(ex.Fate/Zero). Also I won't mind if there were more movies like FF7 Advert Children.
Jun 22, 2013 5:25 AM

Jun 2013
I don't hate it, but it usually looks really out of place in anime.
Jun 22, 2013 5:51 AM

Mar 2012
I think the CGI end themes for Precure look fucking awesome. If you disagree with me, you're wrong
Jun 22, 2013 6:01 AM

Jan 2012
j0x said:
i agree with OP

watch 009 Re: Cyborg its 3D but it looks like 2D its cel shading done right

Hehe 009 RE:Cyborg was a steaming turd, the character model CG is ugly as hell, using it as a good example of CG is pretty laughable. I don't hate CG as standard but I don't really like it either, normally I'd have prefered them to just use normal animation techniques instead. This is the kinda CG I can live with, when they make the effort to make it feel natural and fit.

ReasonDesuJun 22, 2013 6:06 AM
Jun 22, 2013 6:06 AM

Aug 2012
3D into my 2D paradise!??

Why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why

Yeah it's pretty cool in small doses. Like in Lucky Stars driving scene, and bokuranos robots. It just gave a really awesome feel too it.
Like it just screams out "THIS SHITSSS REEAAL!/BADASS SHNIZZ IS GONNA GO DOWN!!" okay I'm bad with those kind of phrases...but you get my point..i think
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Jun 22, 2013 6:29 AM

Mar 2013
I don't hate it. Only if it looks really bulky and out-of-place.

Has anyone mentioned the CGI in some of the Detective Conan movies? I think they look amazing there.
Jun 22, 2013 6:37 AM

Feb 2008
SaberRitsu said:
I think the CGI end themes for Precure look fucking awesome. If you disagree with me, you're wrong

Those look mediocre. Gyrozetter did a better job.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jun 22, 2013 6:41 AM

Jul 2012
The Berserk movie CGI is atrocious; even PS2 CGI looks legitimately better.
Looks good when done well (Sunrise).
Jun 22, 2013 6:50 AM
Jun 2009
-Miles- said:

That would still depend on the people they get and how much they put into it. Compare a TV series like Tiger and Bunny to the Code Geass OVA.
Jun 22, 2013 6:56 AM

Jul 2012
Trisection said:
-Miles- said:

That would still depend on the people they get and how much they put into it. Compare a TV series like Tiger and Bunny to the Code Geass OVA.

Well yeah, there's a noticeable difference in budget.
Then again, nobody expected T&B to be a hit.
Jun 22, 2013 9:11 AM

Jul 2012
I'm sick of people pointing at others and calling them hipsters for preferring traditional animation

why are we hipsters? b/c we have standards? for real.

that said, i'm not even a purist, but when cgi is blatantly fucking horrible then its a chore to watch. it downright ruins the project, and ruins it for the consumer.
Jun 22, 2013 9:16 AM

Feb 2012
SolviteSekai said:

Too bad the show sucked.

I hated that CGI. It looked terrible.
Jun 22, 2013 9:19 AM
Oct 2012
Because it's hideous unless you've got a Rebuild of Evangelion budget.
Jun 22, 2013 9:24 AM

Sep 2012
I don't hate CGI. I hate bad CGI. I hate CGI that is so different from the rest of the animation that it destroys immersion. I'm looking at you, Studio GONZO!

I'm fine if the entire show or movie is CG. Likewise, it's okay when it's seamlessly integrated into the action. But, when you've got a giant robot with hyper-realistic shading stomping around in a hand-drawn world with hand-drawn characters, it looks completely out of place and goes against any rules of aesthetics. That's my opinion, take it or leave it.
Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?
Sep 21, 2014 5:31 PM
Jul 2013
I love seeing well animated (professional tier) CGI in anime, as I do some CG myself. I don't care if it's out of place or not because I'm too busy nerdgasming over how well it's animated.

CGI does have it's own benefits, such as calculated light, unlike 2D, where the animator just has to guess.

BasedGodzilla said:
strange aura around him.

And that aura is particle effect which is unique to CGI.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream? ( 1 2 )

BroDa2545 - Apr 16

54 by IKKIsama »»
1 minute ago

» What if Your Favourite Anime had the Flaws of Your Least Favourite Anime?

APolygons2 - 14 minutes ago

1 by tchitchouan »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » how often do you self insert or empathize with anime characters? and do you experience how good or bad the characters situation or experience is too

deg - 51 minutes ago

11 by deg »»
5 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 5 minutes ago

0 by Shizuna »»
5 minutes ago

» So is Shin-Chan actually G rated and the Funimation Dub was like Ghost Stories or is it Adult in nature like Oruchuban Ebichu

vasipi4946 - 2 hours ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.