Forum Settings
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2013 11:02 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
With this it seems like the references to HP are over.

I had a feeling that the Undertaker was behind this after Sebastian was unable to catch him a few chapters back. I'm looking forward to a nice battle next chapter, and a longer one at that too.
Jun 20, 2013 11:23 AM

Sep 2012
Undertaker o/
Jun 20, 2013 1:06 PM

Aug 2011
Wow. I had my suspicions that Undertaker was somehow involved in this mess but I didn't think that he was the Principal.

It's been a while since a manga's made my jaw drop. I'm hoping for a good fight these coming chapters.

Jun 20, 2013 2:17 PM

May 2011
I knew Undertaker was behind of this case.
Jun 20, 2013 3:29 PM

Mar 2013
I waited through months of a cricket match...just for more zombies...

The same as the last arc...

With the Undertaker...

Am I the only one extremely POed by this?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2013 3:55 PM

Dec 2012
I knew it!! Last chapter i was thinking "It has to be the undertaker."

I actually don't mind it having zombies.... Anything is better than the cricket match.

I'm so excited for next chapter... I think the arc will end by this year but i could be wrong.
Jun 20, 2013 6:06 PM

Dec 2007
QueenOfLucifenia said:

With the Undertaker...

I guess so, because I don't see how that's an issue. I didn't expect the Undertaker to return so soon (maybe after another arc or two), but it's actually good that Toboso keeps consistency with him. Perhaps what we thought was just one arc of Undertaker is going to be a saga of arcs with him as the antagonist. And while some people may not like the zombies, at least he didn't give up on his pet project.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Jun 21, 2013 8:32 AM

Jul 2011
yay, Undertaker~
講廢話,被撞到.
Jun 21, 2013 9:29 AM

Mar 2009
I kind of find the under taker interesting, but for some reason I was hoping it was another demon. I thought it would be interesting if it was some other demon. So that's a bit of a disappointment.
I didn't get why they killed Derrik in the first place.... I'm assuming they killed the other missing students too...? They'll probably show up next as zombies.

Anyway what did they mean when they said protect?
Were they protecting the school from Derrik?
Why?
What'd he do?

I got the impression that I might be missing something... but I read those pages a few times and still can't figure out the reasoning behind killing him.
He seems more advanced than the zombies from the ship- I don't remember them being able to see, smell or talk. He looked like he could do all 3 to me since he walked right up to Greenhill to bite him, and said the tea smelled good.

I like that Edward kind of backed Ciel up a bit there. I'm liking him more and more.

QueenOfLucifenia said:

With the Undertaker...

I'm not POed- However I was hoping they were done with the zombies. It's a bit annoying that they were brought back- I had a feeling they would be, but wasn't sure of it. It's not that I dislike them per-sey..... I just find the zombies boring (I also found the cricket match boring too until Ciel's plan to win- I actually thought that was amusing).

I really don't see how or why the zombie thing can be dragged out. If it is, then I'll feel like I'm reading
again.
A while back Vampires seemed popular, now it seems to be Zombies..... Werewolves next?
I just think it's being a bit over done in some of these mangas.
Jun 21, 2013 9:38 AM

Jun 2013
Although Im a little worn out on zombies i think the way the story is progressing around the characters is very interesting. I find the undertaker to be a interesting antagonist to the story. I dont think its going to be dragged out to long
Jun 21, 2013 1:36 PM

May 2009
Kanorin said:
yay, Undertaker~

I wonder if the Undertaker is really an antagonist.
Jun 21, 2013 4:58 PM
Feb 2010
WTF, is Undertaker going to be the evil mastermind from now on?
Jun 21, 2013 11:53 PM
Jan 2013
I actually really enjoyed the chapter and it was worth waiting for. For a while I had my suspicions that it was the undertaker, but this still surprised me. Am I the only one that doesn't mind the Zombies? I cant wait til they explain the "New Zombie" thing and the Undertakers past. I really don't think he's the new "Villain" I mean c'mon even his laugh is cute...

Hahaha it feels like Ciel's gonna be an old man before he completes his revenge...
Jun 22, 2013 4:25 AM

Mar 2009
Twinklysmile said:
I really don't think he's the new "Villain" I mean c'mon even his laugh is cute...

I don't have anything against the undertaker as a character so far, other than the fact that he's one of the strangest in Kuroshitsuji.
IMO anyway- however there are some really, nasty villains in

So "cute laugh" aside he could end up being a main or just main-for-the-arc Villain.
Jun 22, 2013 8:36 PM

Aug 2009
Yeah, I was hoping for another demon too, but using the existing cast of characters is cool too I guess. Too many mangas just tack on more and more characters without ever returning to the original ones.

I don't understand though, why did the prefects have to kill Derek? Something about St. George and killing a dragon? It didn't really make sense to me. And didn't other students disappear too? What's up with that? The prefects seemed kinda panicked about Derek, so I don't think they were responsible for the other students that came before Derek?

I enjoyed the opening with the Harry Potter, Hana Yuri Dango, and other references, but the story dragged on just a little bit too long considering the payoff is just the Undertaker and zombies (again).

That panel with Sebastian standing in front of Ciel was cute though. XD
Jun 24, 2013 1:16 AM
Jun 2013
After a year of this boring school episodes I was realy shocked to see the undertaker. He's my favorite charcter.
I wonder why the perfects had to kill Derik and what is the conection between the kiiling and Saint Goerge.. They look realy shocked when the zombie appeared ,they maybe played it I d'ont know. And did the undertaker came to the school to see Ciel and take his locket back or did he had other reasons..
Anyway, I'm really happy to see the undertaker. I hope next episode will be with a long great battle and not too much talks.
Jun 24, 2013 9:40 PM

Nov 2011
I'm happy that the school arc is at its end, this Hogwarts imitation grated on my nerves and I failed to enjoy it. All of that has been rehashed so many times that I found it extremely boring. Please no more school.

As for zombies, as much as I understand how people can dislike them, I think they're in it because of Undertaker being given an important part in the story. It makes sense for him, right? Corpses and all that... Although I find his recent change in personality really strange: from a guy who considered Ciel's mass-murdering fire regrettable to someone engaging in mass-murder himself. Hopefully there's an explanation for that.

Supposedly experiments with the dead are progressing, now they can talk and smell. But there's still no soul, so I fail to see the use of that. Maybe there's none and Undertaker has just finally flipped his lid...

And I can't say I was surprised, people have already buzzed everyone's ears off with predictions of who the headmaster would turn out to be. I'm just thankful it wasn't someone like Grell :D
Jun 27, 2013 12:02 PM

Apr 2013
Zombies, Undertaker, wow.
It's the first time since a long time that I had an adrenaline rush while reading a chapter.
I'm happy this arc ends too. Sometimes I feel like Kuroshitsuji is going nowhere. Hopefully, we'll maybe have some answers for the plot in the next chapters.
Jun 30, 2013 2:44 PM
Dec 2010
Not sure if I should love Undertaker anymore :D
Jul 5, 2013 10:18 PM

Feb 2013
SUPER EPIC CHAPTER!! Sebby action :3

Dec 26, 2013 5:23 PM

May 2011
Gtfiuthgtiuehiutrghihguduirtgiurtgh
Holy crap.. I didn't see that coming.. That was the greatest shock in my whole life to see undertaker in that certain moment.. I'm still can't understand what's the hell is going on here,,,
Dec 29, 2013 3:02 AM

Apr 2012
SilentTruth said:
I knew Undertaker was behind of this case.

This. From the moment he evaded Sebastian, I became suspicious.
Nov 12, 2015 1:26 PM

Jan 2012
Damn untertaker again.

Jun 24, 2019 4:06 AM
Jun 2019
When Sebastian said he wasn’t talking about the headmaster,I knew it had to be the undertaker.After,the ship arc I thought they would show the undertaker later in the series, like towards the end and they would have a battle.Also,even though the idea of him being a zombie seems cool,they’re already done with the ship arc so I don’t think they should have made it that he was a zombie.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 211 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Apr 18

3 by SteelLucy »»
Apr 28, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Kuro Shitsuji Chapter 5 Discussion

zq - Jul 7, 2008

23 by Emmuhzx »»
Apr 23, 1:36 PM

» a small disscussion on how you feel about black buttler?

Hydroalbidius - Mar 17

3 by Hydroalbidius »»
Apr 17, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 36 Discussion

Jellyfish13 - Aug 20, 2009

29 by Embient »»
Apr 13, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 210 Discussion

EfiChan - Mar 20

4 by EfiChan »»
Mar 27, 5:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.