Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2013 5:41 AM

May 2012
Honestly, this is the best show this season IMO. It is smart,witty, well written and satisfying. It is the anime for the common teenager, I give it a 9/10.
Jun 21, 2013 5:59 AM
Jan 2012
CNagy said:

The festival went well enough, but there is no denying that both the opening and closing ceremonies were botched. Also remember Hachiman's explanation of "One for All?" Blame someone and drive them out--the people who got free time would be even quicker to scapegoat Sagami to deflect any of their own responsibility. When combined with all of the things leading up to the festival--including half of the committee being forced to work extra hard because the other half followed her lead and ditched their work--Sagami was in a position to be sacrificed.

But overall, things went pretty well, so she wont be judged as harshly as she should be even with the two cock-up at the ceremonies and if that were to happen, considering who she is, she would have just ignored, shrug it aside or even not notice it all together it and not learn a damn thing.

So far, the only reason she realised her mistakes and worth was after 8man delivered some cold, back-handed slap, direct critisism so that she would learn.
Jun 21, 2013 6:14 AM

Apr 2010
So Hikki is playing the scapegoat and directs all hatred to him instead of Sagami it isn't the first time he does something like that but he has a lot to learn.
At some point he has to start living a normal life where being hated will be hard on him.
Jun 21, 2013 6:26 AM

Jan 2013
Woah, an excellent episode. Hachiman is playing the evil guy again, but at least most of the 'important' characters understand him. Hayato is being the nice guy and getting all the credit.
Still, it was pretty neat how he managed to make Miura do his bidding. Also, 'The Zone' was pretty effective until Hachiman tore it down.

I love this series

DevilInDisguise said:
maybe in the end yukinoshita not wanna be friend with 8man and waiting for 8man say wanna be my girl.. ignore it,l just my imagination

I actually thought the same thing, so it can't be entirely absurd.
Jun 21, 2013 6:33 AM

Aug 2011
In the end, Hachiman ended up saving Sagami by redirecting the hate that would have been put on her, onto himself.

It was interesting that the anime outright stated that Hikki was Hayato's foil or vice versa. They really are pure opposites in the way that they do things.
Jun 21, 2013 6:53 AM

Oct 2010
This ep felt so short for me.. need more.. :(

Hachiman like a boss.
Jun 21, 2013 7:00 AM
Feb 2012
My favourite mc for this season :
Jun 21, 2013 7:05 AM

Jan 2012
is the 13th episode a special or the actual ending?
Jun 21, 2013 7:10 AM

Apr 2013
So this is the end ?
Hachiman takes all the blame just to save Sagami -_-
Yukino has her own way of saying the word "friends". Hachiman is a very interesting character. Judging by the preview the next episode is an Extra.
Always-HungryJun 21, 2013 7:17 AM
Jun 21, 2013 7:24 AM

May 2012
Hachiman giving Sagami some meds. Her face when Hikigaya was talking to her was so much win.
As people said, the anime has caught up with the light novels, so there's gonna be lots of waiting (if ever there's another season). I feel like its Haganai NEXT all over again though I definitely like Oregairu more.
Jun 21, 2013 7:41 AM

Jun 2010
Excellent episode.

8man being brilliant as always. I am curious on how Hayato's character will develop.

Sagami is beyond help. She's not even guilty after all the facts that 8man said.

To be honest, I prefer what 8man did than Hayato. It's not good to falsely help a corrupted person just to accomplish your goal.

Too bad only few understands the real intention of 8man. He even lost some "friends" he made during the summer camp.

Yukino and co. performing as a band was awesome. I'd love to see more of that.

So this is the end of the novel adaptation. That's sad. This series really deserves a season two. It's so well-written and exceptionally brilliant. Best dialogues ever. They should hurry up and translate the novel to English at least.

game8910 said:

I can't wait for the full version of Bitter Bitter Sweet! Toyama Nao and Hayami Saori both have beautiful singing voices and having them together is just amazing.

Also this.
Jun 21, 2013 7:49 AM

Oct 2012
OMG I love how 8man owned Sagami TO THE GROUND! MHH YEAH BITCH >:D She got what she deserve. That attention whore.... ughh. Hayato understood 8man that's why didn't let him finish his last word. He knows what Hikki was trying to do, the obvious social suicide. Hikki is definitely batman xD I love that picture lol.

Anyways will Hikki and Yukino gonna be couple? I see romance tag but no....romance :( I'm kinda confuse about there relationship are they friends or.....something else more?
Jun 21, 2013 7:51 AM
Jun 2013
A lot of words to describe this episode — Depressing, Satisfying, Cute, Awesome, Relief, etc.

Depressing - Once again we see Hikki committing social suicide. Hikki wasn't in the wrong, his methods may have been better but he won't be "Hikki" the damn Messiah of an MC if he does his things contradicting to his beliefs. He did his way and that enough was satisfying for him no matter the end results. He never did care for social status before anyway so this isn't a dive to a pit for him.

Satisfying – We got Hikki once again to slap Sagami with the palm of reality and this time it was hard enough to leave a decent mark. I wasn't satisfied to see a girl humiliated like that, No. I was satisfied to see her being taught a lesson. A lesson driven to her core! Hopefully it will change her but seeing as She got the unnecessary 'support' from the mass then that might not be possible as girls like Sagami tend to become worse as long as they have someone backing them up no matter what the circumstances are.

Cute — You gotta admit the HikIno [HikigayaxYukino] moments were adorable. I really wished Yui didn't came to the club and ruin the moment [I don't hate Yui mind you.] but I guess that shows a good conclusion for their club.

Awesome – Yukino and Yui singing = WIN. Yukino with her hair in a ponytail and playing the guitar = WIN WIN. She wasn't kidding about being talented :3 Yukinoshita sisters are awesome! (y)

Relief – Glad to see that their relationship had grown for the better despite all the obstacles they went through. Hopefully a second season is a go to see further developments, perhaps in the romance department.

Rate: 10/10

——

Hachiman Hikigaya is no doubt the best MC of this season. I had enough Shounen. Seriously, Hachiman is one of the MC's that people can highly relate too and also learn something from. His ideas may be rotten but they sure as hell are true.
Jun 21, 2013 7:52 AM
Jan 2013
game8910 said:
So we'll hate him, because he can take it. He is not a hero. He is a watchful student, a silent loner. He is Hachiman.

Post of the day - period

Haruno is overpowered, also. Her existence is kinda cheating.

Next episode seems to be anime original.
Jun 21, 2013 7:53 AM

Jun 2013
Naoki-Saten said:

DevilInDisguise said:
maybe in the end yukinoshita not wanna be friend with 8man and waiting for 8man say wanna be my girl.. ignore it,l just my imagination

I actually thought the same thing, so it can't be entirely absurd.

I agree with you.
Jun 21, 2013 7:55 AM

Apr 2012
SapphireDragon said:
I freaking love hikigaya, everything that comes out of his mouth is so freaking true. and so freaking brutally honest. love it.
Looking forward to see how they wrap it all up next week. hoping for hikigaya x yukino gonna be a good week.

Yup.

Hachiman is a GOD. Hayato... actually is going along with hachiman and it seem at first that he was acting out of pure anger but later i realised that he backed hachiman in saying that he didn't mean it. At that point i understood he was actually went with it despite how he was against it.
I still fvcking hate that bitch sagami wanting to get pitied even though she didn't do shit. I bet hachiman did more work that her she and her 2 bitches friend did combined. Im proud of hachiman in his actions against sagami even if hayato apparently could handle it but that would leave yukinon with little credit so he decided to be brutally honest with her and say that he was on to her no matter how she denied it. The people that are against him are just plain stupid piece of naive idiots while the few who he has helped understood his actions.
I'm really sad to see him get hurt like that but nothing is free in life and un-consequence. And hachiman thaught that like a boss.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Jun 21, 2013 8:04 AM

Apr 2013
I don't really see a reason why people hate Hachiman. I mean, he's just stating the obvious about the useless chairwoman.

good episode 5/5. 8/10 for the series.
This world is Rotten. Rotten people should be killed off to cleanse this world.
Yagami Raito (Death Note)

Since The Beginning, no one has ever stood in the heavens, neither you, nor I, not even God himself, but that emptiness in the throne of heaven will be filled from this day forth, i will be the one to stand in the heavens.
Aizen Sosuke (Bleach)

In a world like that, there’d be no need for love anymore either. If everyone were perfect, there would be no need to look out for others. Sympathy or love is needed because people are imperfect. A perfect human cannot love anyone.
Keima Katsuragi (The World God Only Knows)

Jun 21, 2013 8:05 AM

Apr 2013
huehue93 said:
is the 13th episode a special or the actual ending?

It's a special episode, sadly. :(
This world is Rotten. Rotten people should be killed off to cleanse this world.
Yagami Raito (Death Note)

Since The Beginning, no one has ever stood in the heavens, neither you, nor I, not even God himself, but that emptiness in the throne of heaven will be filled from this day forth, i will be the one to stand in the heavens.
Aizen Sosuke (Bleach)

In a world like that, there’d be no need for love anymore either. If everyone were perfect, there would be no need to look out for others. Sympathy or love is needed because people are imperfect. A perfect human cannot love anyone.
Keima Katsuragi (The World God Only Knows)

Jun 21, 2013 8:24 AM

Nov 2012
the part where haciman went to the roof top to find sagami was done different in the LN. I'm pretty sure the door was locked/jammed in but he got through. It is heavily implied that actually Hayama is evil and trapped her up there and that's how he got there so fast or it was Haruno.
Jun 21, 2013 8:43 AM

Jul 2012
poor hachiman..

He could've avoided the hate, but that's just not his way of doing things sadly..

I still love him.
Jun 21, 2013 8:59 AM

May 2010
I am so glad that this series reached 8.00/10 according to MaL ratings finally;)

Man, that was amazing...From 1st second to the last one. Hikigaya is so selfless, doing things his own way. Trying to act that he is not kind when he really is. He is amazing. One of few male characters, I will remember forever. Simple on outside but Complex enough inside. He is a boss! Damn him and his awesome quotations which send a shiver through my spine.

This is one of those series in which I don't know who should end up with who...For now, I am enjoying the friendship and loner-ship moments but I want a happy end for Hachiman.

Loved that performance as well as the song though I feel like, I have heard it before. Nonetheless, amazing episode.

Ebina hina, you never fail to amuse me XD Love her so much:)

10/10:D This deserves a place in my top 5:)
TragicRomanceJun 21, 2013 9:08 AM
Jun 21, 2013 9:02 AM

Feb 2009
Well that what's her name deserved it, too bad Hachiman has to suffer because of his abrasiveness, the world needs people like Hikigaya who doesn't give a shit about the norm.
Jun 21, 2013 9:19 AM
Oct 2012
AishiteruSasuke said:
I don't really see a reason why people hate Hachiman. I mean, he's just stating the obvious about the useless chairwoman.

good episode 5/5. 8/10 for the series.

Haven't you ever heard the expression: "shoot the messenger"? Telling the truth seldom is rewarded.

Though the animation made Sagami out to be a total bitch, I am curious if the LN were a bit different in her portrayal. Even in the animation though, the reason why 8man's "truth" was a bit off was because Sagami only became Chairperson because no one else wanted it. Yes she wanted to be "like Yukino" and yes she obviously did not understand what this meant, however this doesn't change the fact that everyone else on the council refused to take ANY responsibility. They were all perfectly willing to let Sagami to become the scapegoat for any failure (regardless of the fact that Sagami's vanity turned her into a lamb being led to slaughter, this doesn't excuse the rest of the council's actions).

I think this was why 8man defended Sagami and accepted the role of scapegoat. For all of Sagami's faults she didn't deserve the role, 8man's sense of justice wouldn't allow him to let her take the fall for the groups failure.
Jun 21, 2013 9:33 AM
May 2013
This episode right in the feels. Poor Hachiman, getting hurt for helping someone else.
Jun 21, 2013 9:39 AM
Dec 2012
Sagami getting her ass beat up verbally.
Hikki being a boss and speaking the truth but is hurt a little inside.
Yukino's Ponytail and her wink, <3
Shizuka pointing out Hikki's flaws in his methods(Although he knows it already).
This episode was simply beautiful.
Jun 21, 2013 9:45 AM

May 2013
Hachiman was badass this episode. Only one more episode to go.
Jun 21, 2013 9:52 AM

Aug 2011
Hachiman please teach me your way of life ~

Friggin loving Yukino so much now <3
Jun 21, 2013 9:54 AM
Jan 2013
Too bad Hachiman has to be the bad guy here to get Sagami's ass rolling, Yui song is good but not my cuppa tea, Looks like on the final part Hikki seemly flinching about his association with Yukinon, too bad he got rebuffed again.
Jun 21, 2013 9:56 AM

Feb 2013
Hachiman pulling out the big guns of truth again :3

This episode title is interesting heh heh
Jun 21, 2013 10:01 AM

Jun 2013
......Hachiman is the Hero the saint the messiah like he said God of the new world^^ his methods cut deep to the core like in war aiming straight for the commander yet he did that after considering all pros and cons of the situation he pick the hardest one the ultimate difficulty one that only true kings and saviors will pick emperor Hachiman i salute Thee!
Karada wa tsurugi de dekiteiru
Chishio wa tetsu de kokoro wa GARASU
Ikutabi no senjou wo koete fuhai
Tada no ichido mo haisou wa naku
Tada no ichido mo rikai sarenai
Ka no mono wa tsune ni hitori
Tsurugi no oka de shouri ni you
Yue ni shougai ni imi wa naku
Sono karada wa kitto tsurugi de dekiteita
Jun 21, 2013 10:01 AM

Apr 2011
BloodyNightsky said:

Personal experience , no one close to me ever said the truth about anything I asked was right or wrong . They think that they do me a favor but all they do is to hurt me again and again . I prefer a hard to swallow truth to get better than a beautiful lie and think that I'm doing things right . I know the feeling , when someone close to me or someone that spent 2-3 weeks around me , I feel irritated as a sign that they lie to me when I ask them about something . You can tell how much I know about people lying only by that.
I must re-watch the episode , this was just a first impression but again , I'm against lying persons I care about . I'm lying about anything my boss wants because if he doesnt hear what he wants he can just fire me.

CNagy said:
Hachiman didn't tell Sagami the truth, either. He told her part of it--her motivations and insecurities, perhaps--but he went on to lie as he attacked her. They aren't on the same social level, and the reason he was the first to find her was because he was the one tasked with finding her. Hachiman doesn't think for one second that they are alike. Both Hayato and Hachiman were telling Sagami partially the truth and partially what she needed to hear. From Hayato, it was reassurances and praise to coax her off the rooftop. From Hachiman, it was condemnation to drive her off the rooftop.

Hachiman's method was more merciful, however. You think people would just forget that Sagami screwed everything up? They would talk about how she was a failure as a chairman and her stumble in the closing ceremony would have been attributed to her lack of preparedness had there not been the convenient excuse of Hachiman's attack against her. Now she's a victim and will be spared the blame for what happened during the festival.

So was Hachiman's method the best? Sagami ends up not needing to learn any lessons, will likely not have to deal with the consequences of her actions, and Saint Hachiman takes all her sins onto his shoulders.

This. @BloodyNightsky: If you want you might say Hachimans methods are more effective, or you can say he is better character and I might agree with you, but If you think Hikki has higher moral ground you are missing point. He twist truth as he wish or blatantly lie when it come to it as well. And you should also know it his methods that later

Hikki isn't more righteous than Hayto and Hayato isn't more condemnable than Hikki.They are jut two sides of same coin
Tenzen12Jun 21, 2013 10:19 AM
Jun 21, 2013 10:18 AM
Jun 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI3dzO6jEBM
I can still see the sensei route.
Jun 21, 2013 10:19 AM
Dec 2010
Tenzen12 said:
BloodyNightsky said:

Personal experience , no one close to me ever said the truth about anything I asked was right or wrong . They think that they do me a favor but all they do is to hurt me again and again . I prefer a hard to swallow truth to get better than a beautiful lie and think that I'm doing things right . I know the feeling , when someone close to me or someone that spent 2-3 weeks around me , I feel irritated as a sign that they lie to me when I ask them about something . You can tell how much I know about people lying only by that.
I must re-watch the episode , this was just a first impression but again , I'm against lying persons I care about . I'm lying about anything my boss wants because if he doesnt hear what he wants he can just fire me.

CNagy said:
Hachiman didn't tell Sagami the truth, either. He told her part of it--her motivations and insecurities, perhaps--but he went on to lie as he attacked her. They aren't on the same social level, and the reason he was the first to find her was because he was the one tasked with finding her. Hachiman doesn't think for one second that they are alike. Both Hayato and Hachiman were telling Sagami partially the truth and partially what she needed to hear. From Hayato, it was reassurances and praise to coax her off the rooftop. From Hachiman, it was condemnation to drive her off the rooftop.

Hachiman's method was more merciful, however. You think people would just forget that Sagami screwed everything up? They would talk about how she was a failure as a chairman and her stumble in the closing ceremony would have been attributed to her lack of preparedness had there not been the convenient excuse of Hachiman's attack against her. Now she's a victim and will be spared the blame for what happened during the festival.

So was Hachiman's method the best? Sagami ends up not needing to learn any lessons, will likely not have to deal with the consequences of her actions, and Saint Hachiman takes all her sins onto his shoulders.

This. @BloodyNightsky: If you want you might say Hachimans methods are more effective, or you can say he is better character and I might agree with you, but If you think Hikki has higher moral ground you are missing point. He twist truth as he wish or blatantly lie when it come to it as well. And you should also know it his methods that later

Hikki isn't more righteous than Hayto and Hayato isn't more condemnable than Hikki.

In that spoiler was that already covered in the anime or are we going to have to wait for a S2 to find out about that?
blaze it
Jun 21, 2013 10:21 AM

Apr 2011
It weren't covered yet as it happen few weeks after school festival

LaZyBoxTv said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI3dzO6jEBM
I can still see the sensei route.

I realy wish they didn't cut off all other stuff, but great video :D
Tenzen12Jun 21, 2013 10:30 AM
Jun 21, 2013 10:24 AM

Aug 2012
great episode! dat wink, dat ponytail, hngggh!
eat that shit sagami!

need a life guide from master Hachiman
themasonsJun 21, 2013 10:29 AM
Jun 21, 2013 10:40 AM
Oct 2010
Great ending for the season. Hachiman is definitely an amazing "villain".

... Maybe he could be Lelouch's SoL equivalent? XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 21, 2013 10:50 AM

May 2013
And again with the Hachiman social suicide; Shizuka's lecture seems to foreshadow that Yukino and Yuigahama will be hurt by Hachiman's self-destructive methods in the future. Even Hayama is concerned.

Hachiman smiled a LOT in this episode, especially when it comes to Yukino. I found their interactions borderline romantic there. And it looks like that they have learned to accept each other.
reverserealityJun 21, 2013 11:02 AM
Jun 21, 2013 10:54 AM

Apr 2011
Spoiler tag please
Jun 21, 2013 11:00 AM

May 2013
^
Tenzen12 said:
Spoiler tag please

Oh. Sorry, I was predicting because of Shizuka's lecture there. :I
Turns out that the foreshadow was right. I've still placed the spoiler tag there anyway.
reverserealityJun 21, 2013 11:04 AM
Jun 21, 2013 11:01 AM

Jun 2012
Okay. After this episode Hachiman has made his way into my favorite characters. The way he dealt with Sagami was great. Though that could just be my hate for her speaking ^^
that sensei moment was also priceless. finally we got some new expression from hachiman.
i even felt sorry for him when i saw his eyes/expression. poor guy. he does his job but (as usual) gets hated in return. at least some of the other characters "understand" him. I really want a 2nd season but I already know that we have to wait till more LNs are out T.T
Jun 21, 2013 11:06 AM

Jan 2013
Tenzen12 said:
BloodyNightsky said:
Well , she refuses to be friendzoned....
Also , Hikki didnt pick anything wrong . That was the right decision , he read her tactic and didnt gave her , or lie to her , what she wanted . He didnt gave her the attention she didnt deserve . Simply put Hayato was wrong , very wrong . When someone does retarded things , on a serious job , and they didnt even do the honor , if they didnt really want to be a burden , to let the stuff she had to do to someone else . Personally , I call what Hikki did a nice and well-deserved scolding . Leaving out of blue , on serious stuff ?
Hayato doesnt have a messure metter or something ?
She put everyone in trouble because of her selfish act , she deserved what Hikki said , no matter what . I know it's disturbing when someone reads your intentions but you're overly reacting here with "Hikki used the wrong method" , he used the right one damn it.

Hayato metter work just find. Do you remember his last line on that roof? He did see what Hikki did and even went along to in order make Sagami look better, but he hates it regardless and hates it.

If you think Hachimans act were directed against her you are badly mistaken. All Hayato needed was little push, say few nice lines and everyone would be happy, or Hikki could just take these results and let Yukino get deserved credit. But Hikki decided SAVE Sagami who didn't deserved it instead and destroyed himself in process. If that isn't wrong method I never saw one.

You guys are cruel. How could you start a serious discussion without me? =(

Hachiman's and Hayato's methods cannot be classified as 'right' or 'wrong'. They were different methods to reach different goals (getting sagami on stage is the only goal they had in common).

Hachiman wanted to fulfill Sagami's request of having Yukino HELP her with her duties, not take them over completely, to help her 'grow as a person', and lastly, save her from the criticism she would receive for half-assing her job. If Sagami got her desired portion of pity from Hayato, she wouldn't have learned anything. Therefore Hachiman showed her how ugly a person she is. He hurt her and made her mess up her speech but that is an experience she can learn from in the future. Lastly, he pulled all the blame on himself by playing the role of the villain. That's far better than having everyone on the comitee talk about how she messed up her job. He practically offered her the smaller amount of pain.
The evil weird loner talked smack about poor chairman and messed her up. Pity for the chairman, hate for the loner.

Hayato's goals were completely different. He always tries to settle all conflicts and to reduce the damage as much as possible. He doesn't intend on teaching people a lesson or anything. Why should he? He would just offer Sagami some pity and a warm smile, make her finish her job and everything would be over and done with.
The problem would be solved and nobody would get hurt.

I'm not sure if he willingly went with Hachiman's methods or if he got seriously angry at him. Either way, once everything was over, he went back to reducing the damage, standing up for Hachiman.

It's not about right or wrong. It's about which goal fits you better.
Would you rather stop all conflicts as soon as possible? Or would you rather stir up a conflict so that people can learn from it?

Personally, I prefered Hachiman's method. He was cruel but he offered Sagami a lesson while still allowing her to save face. Also, this guy is amazing for shouldering all that blame by himself, protecting someone who'd actually be classified as his enemy.
Jun 21, 2013 11:16 AM

Jun 2013
Personally, I prefered Hachiman's method. He was cruel but he offered Sagami a lesson while still allowing her to save face. Also, this guy is amazing for shouldering all that blame by himself, protecting someone who'd actually be classified as his enemy.hmm actually your summary is impressive that provokes my mind^_^ i prefer hachiman methods too while Hayato methods sounds sensible on the surface it lacks deeper insight
Karada wa tsurugi de dekiteiru
Chishio wa tetsu de kokoro wa GARASU
Ikutabi no senjou wo koete fuhai
Tada no ichido mo haisou wa naku
Tada no ichido mo rikai sarenai
Ka no mono wa tsune ni hitori
Tsurugi no oka de shouri ni you
Yue ni shougai ni imi wa naku
Sono karada wa kitto tsurugi de dekiteita
Jun 21, 2013 11:44 AM

Apr 2011
Naoki-Saten said:

You guys are cruel. How could you start a serious discussion without me? =(

Hachiman's and Hayato's methods cannot be classified as 'right' or 'wrong'. They were different methods to reach different goals (getting sagami on stage is the only goal they had in common).

Hachiman wanted to fulfill Sagami's request of having Yukino HELP her with her duties, not take them over completely, to help her 'grow as a person', and lastly, save her from the criticism she would receive for half-assing her job. If Sagami got her desired portion of pity from Hayato, she wouldn't have learned anything. Therefore Hachiman showed her how ugly a person she is. He hurt her and made her mess up her speech but that is an experience she can learn from in the future. Lastly, he pulled all the blame on himself by playing the role of the villain. That's far better than having everyone on the comitee talk about how she messed up her job. He practically offered her the smaller amount of pain.
The evil weird loner talked smack about poor chairman and messed her up. Pity for the chairman, hate for the loner.

Hayato's goals were completely different. He always tries to settle all conflicts and to reduce the damage as much as possible. He doesn't intend on teaching people a lesson or anything. Why should he? He would just offer Sagami some pity and a warm smile, make her finish her job and everything would be over and done with.
The problem would be solved and nobody would get hurt.

I'm not sure if he willingly went with Hachiman's methods or if he got seriously angry at him. Either way, once everything was over, he went back to reducing the damage, standing up for Hachiman.

It's not about right or wrong. It's about which goal fits you better.
Would you rather stop all conflicts as soon as possible? Or would you rather stir up a conflict so that people can learn from it?

Personally, I prefered Hachiman's method. He was cruel but he offered Sagami a lesson while still allowing her to save face. Also, this guy is amazing for shouldering all that blame by himself, protecting someone who'd actually be classified as his enemy.

It was never discussion whose method were better but whose method is moraly corrct. Hikki is badass there is no reason doubt about efectivity
Jun 21, 2013 11:47 AM
Jan 2011
the lone knight is pretty cool.

i do hate the other classmates. they think they're above him, and he's some "freak." man if only there was a genre shift and it becomes high school of the dead. will 8man save his haters?
Jun 21, 2013 11:59 AM

Jan 2013
Tenzen12 said:
It was never discussion whose method were better but whose method is moraly corrct. Hikki is badass there is no reason doubt about efectivity

"Better", "Morally correct", use whatever term you see fit. It's still about preferences.

Is it morally correct to save Sagami (which she didn't deserve) from the mess she created while being the bad guy ?
Or would it be correct to have her get what she deserved while offering pity?

I still think that Hachiman gave Sagami just about enough pain to give her the opportunity to fix her attitude and teach her a lesson, while taking on all the 'excessive' pain himself.
Jun 21, 2013 12:06 PM

Nov 2012
Respect for the dude being the 'dark knight' if you'll excuse the batman reference. Personally I can't believe I'm really enjoying the the lack of romantic development in this one, it has somehow managed to center around much deeper issues because of that, though it'd still be nice.

Jun 21, 2013 12:13 PM

Apr 2011
Naoki-Saten said:
Tenzen12 said:

"Better", "Morally correct", use whatever term you see fit. It's still about preferences.

Is it morally correct to save Sagami (which she didn't deserve) from the mess she created while being the bad guy ?
Or would it be correct to have her get what she deserved while offering pity?

I still think that Hachiman gave Sagami just about enough pain to give her the opportunity to fix her attitude and teach her a lesson, while taking on all the 'excessive' pain himself.

My ultimate point were there is no big difference. So I don't have problem if you call it metter of preference
Jun 21, 2013 12:20 PM

Jul 2012
sagami got mind-breaked by hachiman... awsome!

ShikiAshGrave said:

but in the end i doubt she ill learn something she is being spoiled as allways

if its get a S2 it ill probably being more focused on romance? someone can tell me?
Jun 21, 2013 1:04 PM

May 2013
Hachiman already brought Sagami down to size last episode when he described his idea. Even though it was to help Yukino, I think he also intended to indirectly attack Sagami. I think people are over analyzing Hachiman's intentions. His goal isn't to teach Sagami a lesson as well as bringing her to the stage, in fact, it wasn't in his best interests.

He knew that giving her the pity that she wants won't be welcomed due to his actions last episode. Why would someone take into heart the sympathy of some low person like him? He isn't entitled to help her that way.

Cue in Hayama's arrival at the nick of time. I believe he was well aware of Hachiman's actions and probably wanted to spare his social suicide by giving the pity that Sagami wants. In this case, I believe that his method was morally correct. Hayama's method was used to also protect Hachiman from being an object of hate again. Of course, Sagami still wouldn't budge, thus Hachiman had to do his thing no matter how "fair and square, face-to-face, abjectly, despicably, and maliciously" it was.

Was it better? Yet again, he is portrayed like a Batman/Jesus character so the people that are concerned for him felt that it wasn't the better choice because he always takes the bullet. It the better method because it was the efficient option in driving Sagami to the stage.

They have a time constraint here. Hayama's catering method would have worked, but I felt that it would have taken up too much time and she still wouldn't carry out her duties in the end. So knowing that, Hachiman had to make it quick and play his hand. Hachiman didn't intend to teach her a lesson here. He already did so last episode. Hachiman's objective was the task that Yukino gave to him, not to teach her a lesson.

However, I'll admit that his words did ironically provide her the "growth" that she yearned for. But it was already done last episode. He merely repeated what he meant for her but addressed it directly now that there are few people to hear.
Jun 21, 2013 1:05 PM
Dec 2010
How much of the LN has been translated? If at all.
blaze it
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

259 by Dorado1821 »»
Yesterday, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

240 by Dorado1821 »»
Yesterday, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

422 by Dorado1821 »»
Yesterday, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Hickykissy - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.