Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Flowers of Evil
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 15, 2013 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat TV.

Show is still moody, ugh and dark in animation. Too much walking again but hey the catch here is that the animation is soo dark. Creeeeeepy:

Well, music was nice though imo, that calm OST.
Jun 15, 2013 11:04 AM
Mar 2011
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat TV.

Show is still moody, ugh and dark in animation. Too much walking again but hey the catch here is that the animation is soo dark. Creeeeeepy:

Well, music was nice though imo, that calm OST.

they depicted that ^ very well from the manga.

the OST is brilliant as always, the op was a bit comical considering the atmosphere of this series.

kasuga looking up at saeki from the pool was hawt hot!

this epi only covered 1 chapter. if the current pace continues without time skip, this might end around chap 20 or 21 both cliffhangers that youd want to read the next chapter.
barring an orig anime end this might end without a real ending, which means the anime was literally made for people to get the manga
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jun 15, 2013 12:46 PM
Oct 2009
Oh hey, ANOTHER walking episode.
It's gotten pretty funny how much "nothing" they can cram in every episode with barely any advancement to the plot. And of course, I mean that in the worst possible way.

We all know how scaaaaryyyy and thrilliiiiing walking for like 10 minutes is! Oh wait, it's not. I feel bad for people watching it on TV without a fast forward button.
Jun 15, 2013 5:04 PM
Jun 2010
After the mountain thing, I was expecting Kasuga would undergo some major character transformation, but now he's worse than ever. I am disappointed. It sounds like there is not much in store for us in the final episodes, but I hope they are not as sour as this was. I feel like this show has had a lot of wasted potential.

Suzie said:
It's gotten pretty funny how much "nothing" they can cram in every episode with barely any advancement to the plot. And of course, I mean that in the worst possible way.

We all know how scaaaaryyyy and thrilliiiiing walking for like 10 minutes is! Oh wait, it's not. I feel bad for people watching it on TV without a fast forward button.

I didn't realize some haters were still around. Perhaps you haven't realized this yet, but: You are free to stop watching any anime you dislike. Just turn it off and find something else to do. I guarantee you'll be much happier for doing so (although perhaps sarcastic internet posts are your only source of pleasure, in which case you have my pity).
Jun 15, 2013 5:28 PM
Jun 2010
Good episode BUT you make episode like this one when you have 10 episodes left not when you only have 2 episodes.
partJun 15, 2013 5:31 PM
Jun 15, 2013 6:19 PM
Oct 2009
guava said:
I didn't realize some haters were still around. Perhaps you haven't realized this yet, but: You are free to stop watching any anime you dislike. Just turn it off and find something else to do. I guarantee you'll be much happier for doing so (although perhaps sarcastic internet posts are your only source of pleasure, in which case you have my pity).

Oh my, I didn't realize that a "discussion" implied no haters allowed.

You don't have to answer if you don't have an argument for me except "don't watch if you don't like". If if it was like that, there would be no need for reviews, critiques, or desire for improvement, to a certain extent. Weren't you disappointed in the episode anyway? Not sure why I'm a hater for hating a 10-minute walking scene, but you're not a hater for your disappointment in the wasted potential.

It did kinda piss me off that they would use another super long useless walk scene (are they really out of material? I read the manga, I know they aren't) and that's why I had to post a short rant. And even though I sure enjoy giving my opinions on both things I like and dislike (who would bother posting otherwise?) you can rest easy, as it's not my sole means of pleasure.

Anyone actually wants to have a discussion and tell me why they enjoyed the walk scene?
Jun 15, 2013 7:59 PM
Mar 2011
Suzie said:
guava said:

Oh my, I didn't realize that a "discussion" implied no haters allowed.

You don't have to answer if you don't have an argument for me except "don't watch if you don't like". If if it was like that, there would be no need for reviews, critiques, or desire for improvement, to a certain extent. Weren't you disappointed in the episode anyway? Not sure why I'm a hater for hating a 10-minute walking scene, but you're not a hater for your disappointment in the wasted potential.

It did kinda piss me off that they would use another super long useless walk scene (are they really out of material? I read the manga, I know they aren't) and that's why I had to post a short rant. And even though I sure enjoy giving my opinions on both things I like and dislike (who would bother posting otherwise?) you can rest easy, as it's not my sole means of pleasure.

Anyone actually wants to have a discussion and tell me why they enjoyed the walk scene?

its easy to call you a hater because you havent posted anything other than hating it. call it as it is, no?

was the walking really that intolerable? i actually thought it was a nice set-up for the dream scene. im sure youve noticed already from the previous episodes that the scenes are stretched to have cliffhanger endings.
Jun 15, 2013 10:03 PM
Mar 2012
Those bastards from Zexcs... So they planned all along to spend about 18 minutes of pointless walking for this anime? Bunch of fuckers. I hope they end bankrupt.

I really liked ANH so far. Yet they managed to screw thing up with this shit. It was a 10/10 to me, before. Now it's just a plain, boring 6/10, thanks to all those times they screwed it up with those "material-saving" retarded moments.

Thanks for fucking with the fans and practically destroy any hopes for a second season, 'cuz no one wants to buy a DVD/Blu-Ray of "Walking no Hana".
Jun 16, 2013 3:35 AM
Apr 2011
LCSeixas said:
Those bastards from Zexcs... So they planned all along to spend about 18 minutes of pointless walking for this anime? Bunch of fuckers. I hope they end bankrupt.

I really liked ANH so far. Yet they managed to screw thing up with this shit. It was a 10/10 to me, before. Now it's just a plain, boring 6/10, thanks to all those times they screwed it up with those "material-saving" retarded moments.

Thanks for fucking with the fans and practically destroy any hopes for a second season, 'cuz no one wants to buy a DVD/Blu-Ray of "Walking no Hana".

I will be surprised if this anime will have enough profits to cover the production costs.

Anyway seems like they will either skip a lot of chapters or maybe have an original anime ending. It's kinda sad that there is little to no chance of getting season 2 because the second arc in the manga seems interesting.
Jun 16, 2013 5:40 AM

Sep 2009
ravagestorm said:
I will be surprised if this anime will have enough profits to cover the production costs.

Not that the production costs are anything extraordinary. This must be the cheapest thing I've seen in the last few years.
ARRRGGH!
Jun 16, 2013 5:59 AM
Apr 2011
zehahahahaha said:
ravagestorm said:

Not that the production costs are anything extraordinary. This must be the cheapest thing I've seen in the last few years.

They have to hire actors, pay for rents or whatever fee you need to pay when you shoot a scene in schools, houses, etc. They even used CGI in some scenes. It's not cheaper than an average anime.
Jun 16, 2013 6:33 AM
Oct 2009
amginex said:
was the walking really that intolerable? i actually thought it was a nice set-up for the dream scene. im sure youve noticed already from the previous episodes that the scenes are stretched to have cliffhanger endings.

Yeah, it was that intolerable lol. It's not even the first time they do it. I think it's really pathetic and cheap that they keep doing something so stupid to stretch their episodes. I knew the pacing was slow, and I don't have a problem with slow pacings (although it does have its disavantages too) but there's a limit to not having anything happen in an episode. It's a good point that it may have been a good set-up for the dream, but then again, it didn't really bring anything, it didn't have a purpose except saying what we already know about the characters. I wouldn't mind there being no purpose if it didn't take almost half the episode or if it was something interesting or original. The lenght and frequency of those pointless scenes is what bothers me the most. I know they could've done something good with the source material, and it does annoy me that they chose to stretch and stretch endlessly.

LCSeixas said:

Even though I wasn't really a fan before, I also dropped my rating because of that. I also wish for their bankruptcy, or at least I hope they learn from their mistakes. I wouldn't know what their budget was, but they probably wasted it somewhere cause damn everything looks cheap lol.
Jun 16, 2013 7:42 AM
Nov 2012
I liked a lot this episode.

The music was really enthralling as was the walking scene. But was he only walking ? We walk together with Kasuga-kun and we share his anxiety. That's what this show is about.
The magnificence is only matched by a few anime to my eyes.
Jun 16, 2013 7:47 AM

Dec 2009
While I also don't have much patience for long quiet walks or dragged out scenes in general I find it that in this anime they serve the purpose of setting up that atmosphere and emotion characteristic for this anime from the very beginning - passive with occasional bursts of drama.

As for advancement of plot and character development, well.....I can't say much about that since I'm not following manga, but this anime still baffles me with every episode leaving me to wonder in what direction will story go.And since I don't have expectations of how will they end up I'm not too bothered by the fact that Kasuga is reaching new levels of pathetic every episode.

This anime screams suppression to me of every kind. Especially emotional, and one of identity, which Kasuga seems to be looking for. He says there is no place for him in that city, but I don't think he knows who he is himself to even try to find his place. You can't find your place if you don't know in which direction you want to go. If you don't know where you belong. And he doesn't see himself and neither deviant nor normal righteous person at the moment. He's "empty" inside. I still haven't watched this episode with subs yet, but from the look of it he might make his first choice, but we still can't know anything.

I think what set's apart this anime from others so far, besides animation, is the way of storytelling...It's not all just in scenario and concept, but in execution as well. If studio which is working on this really has that low budget then they are doing GREAT job with it, because if there's anything I noticed they really put effort into is scene composition and general camera work, which suits this shows need just well.
Yuushin7Jun 16, 2013 8:03 AM
Jun 16, 2013 11:28 AM
Mar 2011
Suzie said:
amginex said:

Yeah, it was that intolerable lol. It's not even the first time they do it. I think it's really pathetic and cheap that they keep doing something so stupid to stretch their episodes. I knew the pacing was slow, and I don't have a problem with slow pacings (although it does have its disavantages too) but there's a limit to not having anything happen in an episode. It's a good point that it may have been a good set-up for the dream, but then again, it didn't really bring anything, it didn't have a purpose except saying what we already know about the characters. I wouldn't mind there being no purpose if it didn't take almost half the episode or if it was something interesting or original. The lenght and frequency of those pointless scenes is what bothers me the most. I know they could've done something good with the source material, and it does annoy me that they chose to stretch and stretch endlessly.

LCSeixas said:

Even though I wasn't really a fan before, I also dropped my rating because of that. I also wish for their bankruptcy, or at least I hope they learn from their mistakes. I wouldn't know what their budget was, but they probably wasted it somewhere cause damn everything looks cheap lol.

i actually thought the "walking scenes" were done in good taste. in epi 8 it was like the "calm before the storm" kind of thing. in this episode it symbolizes the dull and mundane environment he's living in and why he's struggling to do something "different" and wanting to get out. it also sort of explain why hes clinging on to nakamura. anything to get out of his "hellhole"
if you notice the backgrounds in the "walk" were all dark and not the usual "beautiful" background. it turned blurry, the sky dim and the metal buildings are all rusted. it obviously represent "hell hole" and whats at the end of it all? nakamura
i thought it was a necessary scene, otherwise youre going to see incompetent people asking "why does he go back to nakamura?!"

and before anyone accusing me of being too deep, i dont really think it is. its actually pretty shallow, it just has a lot of symbolism that you dont see in typical generic anime.

i do agree that because of all the hateful backlash, this probably wont get another season. majority have already condemned this from the episode 1 alone because of the animation, which is a shame,
someone already pointed out the upcoming chapters are more interesting and it probably wont get animated. but i keep hoping, i mean if this is low budget, then the next season could be an affordable low budget too? LOL
Jun 16, 2013 1:28 PM

Feb 2012
The big question is, how they will end up this show in two episodes. I don't believe in an original ending, but i can't really see an adequate ending point in the manga, that they could reach in the time they have left. I really like their slow pacing and their way of creating atmosphere(this episode was another great example. Great introvertive storytelling. And i especially like the walking sequences, all those mouth breathers seem to hate that much), but it comes with the prize of only telling a smaller part of the story.

This show might get another season just becaus of the hateful backlash. There are other ways for anime to be profitable, than just DVD sales. This show was a great promotion for the manga because of all those graphic whores telling everyone as loud as they could to read the manga instead of watching this show. Future may tell.

And by the way: All you hateful loonies hoping ZEXCS will go bankrupt over Aku no Hana, I have some bad news for you: They won't, as they most likely haven't put any money themselves into the production of this anime. I don't know the members of the Aku no Hana Committee, but i guess most money will come from Kodansha, the publisher of the manga(and the biggest japanese publisher overall) and King Records(the people responsable for almost every anime soundtrack ever). Those guys have enough money to stomach a smaller financial failure(IF AnH is a failure).

...Oh and
LCSeixas said:

I pre-ordered every volume of this anime, something i almost never do. Yes, i am a minority, but to say no one wants to buy this is ridiculous
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Jun 16, 2013 2:01 PM

May 2012
This episode and this anime....it's just too deep for my feeble plebeian brain to comprehend.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jun 16, 2013 2:08 PM

Jan 2012
Nakamura looked so vulnerable in Kasuga's dream. I enjoyed this episode but not as much as the few previously. I wonder how they are going to end this in 2 episodes.
Jun 16, 2013 2:52 PM

Dec 2009
I wonder if the creators have a walking fetish.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 16, 2013 2:59 PM

Mar 2010
Kasuga's not so bad. I was saddened to see how things were going in this episode, but at least he figured it out at the very end.

I love this anime, so I'm going to be sad when it's over. I might try reading the manga, but I don't think it will be quite the same.
Jun 16, 2013 3:10 PM

Nov 2012
Fucking walking again. Boring. But seriously though, are his parents deaf or something? How do they not hear him screaming in his room and throwing books all over the place?
Jun 16, 2013 3:36 PM

Feb 2012
Lmao that was some Leonardo DiCaprio "Inception" dream walking.

Still good episode, we're entering that Nakamura route.
Jun 16, 2013 3:39 PM

Jan 2012
Geez this anime is really... Strange. I just have hope for best ending for this...

Yeah Kasuga, your life is boring XD
MomooiroSep 11, 2014 2:00 PM
Jun 16, 2013 3:58 PM

Jan 2013
Some impressive animation
Jun 16, 2013 4:31 PM
Mar 2013
I get the feeling that a lot of the hate this series gets is from people who are only hearing it through tinny laptop speakers. Wear some nice headphones, and the atmosphere it creates is phenomenal.

The pool scene, for instance, has this harsh whispering in the background that I thought was excellent. And the walking, just like before, wasn't a waste of time; the sounds created and atmosphere produced were chilling.

Really loved this episode, even if there wasn't much plot development.
Jun 16, 2013 5:06 PM

Jan 2010
I liked this episode as well. The animation from the dream sequence was pretty good. As for the walking scene, try to have some empathy for the guy and then you will truly understand the power of that scene. It showed how depressed he was and how he was a the breaking point. It was really creepy and i enjoyed it.
Jun 16, 2013 5:07 PM

Oct 2012
I am very, very happy that I looked at the comments here before I watched
the entire dubbed episode. So I had fair warning about that very long
walking scene. As a result, I immediately recognized it when it started. So I
skipped ahead, 30 seconds at a time, just to see how the scenes look. In that
compressed way, I was able to enjoy it. Someday, when I have ten spare
minutes, I'll certainly want to go back and watch that walking scene. But I
will have to be in the right mood.

Anyways, there is nothing wrong with going out for a long walk to reflect.
Maybe in real like such a walk would be several hours long. But they
compressed it into just 10 minutes. So I guess that it is plausible from a
dramatic point of view.

Some people have complained about the cheap animation. But I really
like the fact that (I am just assuming) it is cheap. That means that it will be
economical to produce a second season. In the beginning, there was a
barrage of criticism about the rotoscoping and the character design. For me,
those things are complete non-issues at this point. If they took the trouble
to reduce some of the defects of the animation it would not improve the
entertainment value of watching it. So just leave it a bit jerky with some
blank faces here and there.
Jun 16, 2013 5:57 PM

Dec 2012
I really hope one of the characters drowns him or herself in a river next episode. But before that, I hope he or she takes 12 minutes walking to said river.

Bashing aside, it was an alright episode. Did a good job at showing the distance between Kasuga and Nakamura/Saeki. I wonder what Kasuga is going to do about Nakamura at this point, seems he snapped (yet again).
Jun 16, 2013 6:11 PM

May 2013
Can't wait for next episode.
Jun 16, 2013 6:33 PM

Dec 2009
It's really a shame. There's so much more that happens in the manga after this part that could have been used but instead they have been filling episodes with... walking. I'm very, very curious as to how they are planning to end this. I really wish I could have seen the

Regardless, even if the ending is lame, I still love the manga.
Jun 16, 2013 7:35 PM

Dec 2012
Almost no one's doing this anime any justice. It's either: "God, I hate how they wasted time on this.", or, "Blegh, this animation is disgusting.". Do you people really see anime in the shallow sense of: "Wow! Look at all these bright colors and cool animation!", or, "Wow! So much action and cool stuff took place in this episode; action should take up all of this anime's time!"? If all of you whiners are so loyal to your shounen anime and slice-of-life anime, then stay in that genre >-> We don't need you people joining the "1 as a rating" bandwagon because of the revolutionary animation/storytelling >->
TrustyFryingPanJun 16, 2013 7:38 PM
Jun 16, 2013 8:22 PM

Jan 2012
It's sad that people are still complaining about the same things. It's like a broken record. Same for the people calling this "revolutionary" and the trolling.

For the episode it did a good job showing how the incident affected everyone. I liked the dream sequence and the BGM fit the scene really well.

With the pace this is going I'm really curious how it's gonna end and if it'll be an anime original ending or it will follow the manga without any closure.
Jun 16, 2013 8:45 PM

Mar 2011
An episode full of emotion as expected for the antepenultimate, yes I really think it will not have a sequel, because isn't necessary.
The soundtrack still pretty good though.
Jun 16, 2013 9:53 PM

Dec 2009
TrustyFryingPan said:
Almost no one's doing this anime any justice. It's either: "God, I hate how they wasted time on this.", or, "Blegh, this animation is disgusting.". Do you people really see anime in the shallow sense of: "Wow! Look at all these bright colors and cool animation!", or, "Wow! So much action and cool stuff took place in this episode; action should take up all of this anime's time!"? If all of you whiners are so loyal to your shounen anime and slice-of-life anime, then stay in that genre >-> We don't need you people joining the "1 as a rating" bandwagon because of the revolutionary animation/storytelling >->

No, I do not need fancy animation with a rainbow color palette to please me. I am quite fine with slow things to watch. People are allowed to be disappointed, news flash. Never have I stated that this anime is shit, because it's not. I'm just disappointed because there's so much more they could have added instead of filling halves of episodes with walking. No one said this anime needs more action, "cool stuff," or bright colors in animation. Don't get your panties in a twist.
Jun 16, 2013 10:02 PM

Jul 2010
Hell, this was so intense. I don't know you guys, but i LOVED the choice of that "Walking dream", the city becomes red, the flowers become evil, every aspect of every scene has so much meaning.

DAT OST. Also, that atmosphere, just like Mushishi.
Jun 16, 2013 10:23 PM

Aug 2009
Glad to see at least a few people still riding this show out to the end.

I really don't understand how some of you aren't seeing any of the subtle beauty in the walking scenes. Besides the obvious fact that they're mostly using them to budget money in an already underproduced show, to me, they're a break from the emotionally exhausting scenes that we've seen in the last 4 episodes. It just gives you time to reflect on all that's happened beforehand. In this one, Kasuga has virtually nothing at this point; no friends, not a whole lot of support from his family, and the one person who really cared about him has essentially given up on him at this point. The backgrounds as he's walking through the city are completely desolate, very similar to Kasuga's current situation.

I'm usually pretty cynical about this kinda shit where studios do this since 95% of the time solely to save money. No you don't have to read into it much, but at least I can sense some sort of effort to effectively be frugal and create a very emotional and meditative atmosphere.

Nucksen said:
This show might get another season just becaus of the hateful backlash. There are other ways for anime to be profitable, than just DVD sales. This show was a great promotion for the manga because of all those graphic whores telling everyone as loud as they could to read the manga instead of watching this show. Future may tell.

As much as I hate to say it, there's almost zero chance of there being a second season. Even if this show has created a tremendous amount of controversy (in mostly a negative light unfortunately), DVD/BD sales ultimately determine whether or not a studio can appropriate the funds for a second season of anything, even if the studio is extremely driven to do so. Despite some of the praise it's received, this show has been an utter failure in terms of sale from the start and will undoubtedly do poorly once it's finished airing.
Jun 16, 2013 10:57 PM
Jul 2018
Soundtrack said:
Glad to see at least a few people still riding this show out to the end.

I really don't understand how some of you aren't seeing any of the subtle beauty in the walking scenes. Besides the obvious fact that they're mostly using them to budget money in an already underproduced show, to me, they're a break from the emotionally exhausting scenes that we've seen in the last 4 episodes. It just gives you time to reflect on all that's happened beforehand. In this one, Kasuga has virtually nothing at this point; no friends, not a whole lot of support from his family, and the one person who really cared about him has essentially given up on him at this point. The backgrounds as he's walking through the city are completely desolate, very similar to Kasuga's current situation.

I'm usually pretty cynical about this kinda shit where studios do this since 95% of the time solely to save money. No you don't have to read into it much, but at least I can sense some sort of effort to effectively be frugal and create a very emotional and meditative atmosphere.

Nucksen said:

As much as I hate to say it, there's almost zero chance of there being a second season. Even if this show has created a tremendous amount of controversy (in mostly a negative light unfortunately), DVD/BD sales ultimately determine whether or not a studio can appropriate the funds for a second season of anything, even if the studio is extremely driven to do so. Despite some of the praise it's received, this show has been an utter failure in terms of sale from the start and will undoubtedly do poorly once it's finished airing.

^^
This. So much this.
Aku no Hana is an incredibly well made show.
Jun 16, 2013 11:51 PM

May 2012

Awesomeness
Jun 17, 2013 1:07 AM
Aug 2010
Vesanus said:
It's really a shame. There's so much more that happens in the manga after this part that could have been used but instead they have been filling episodes with... walking. I'm very, very curious as to how they are planning to end this. I really wish I could have seen the

Regardless, even if the ending is lame, I still love the manga.

Too bad the they adopted very good from the begging but in very slow, I would love to see the festival ending or otherwise second season.

Still the manga is fucking great
Jun 17, 2013 1:20 AM
Apr 2013
Suzie said:

I agree. I mean I really like the show but so much walks, so much nothing. Sometimes it just gets too realistic.
Jun 17, 2013 1:29 AM

Feb 2012
So he's fallen for Nakamura? Besides the walking with no dialogue part it was a decent episode.
Jun 17, 2013 2:27 AM

Oct 2012
New people, please don't put spoilers from the manga in the main text of
your posts. Use the "spoiler" tags.
Jun 17, 2013 2:59 AM

Oct 2012
DoctorDoom said:
So he's fallen for Nakamura? Besides the walking with no dialogue part it was a decent episode.

Yeah, it seems so. Everything he does he does for her. But I am disappointed of his "I'll be real deviant!" phrase in the next episode - he really doesn't know what he wants.

I guess he will try to be persuade Nakamura that he is deviant after all (but he really isn't, he only wants to be one). Just for the sake of his love for her.
Jun 17, 2013 3:23 AM

Sep 2009
That walking scene. That was so deep. Wow. If it was a hole in the ground it would take you all the way to China.
zehahahahahaJun 18, 2013 1:08 PM
ARRRGGH!
Jun 17, 2013 4:27 AM

Jan 2009
Kasuga choose to love Nakamura lol
Jun 17, 2013 7:15 AM

Dec 2012
edevcimot said:
Suzie said:

I agree. I mean I really like the show but so much walks, so much nothing. Sometimes it just gets too realistic.
i also agree. i can understand why some people think it's deep and setting the mood, but eight minutes just walking? okay, i could deal with that, but there are a lot of other scenes that are just too long. like the one where kasuga wants to excuse himself because he isn't hungry and then we just keep staring at his parents for a whole minute and we can't even see their faces and they rarely move. sometimes there just too many scenes where nothing happens. and no, i don't need action 24/7, but staring at faceless people doing nothing bores me, yes.
i was also annoyed by kasuga's mother. jfc, stop crying and yelling that you raised him wrong. how about talking to him?
i still have no idea how this anime will end. i haven't read the manga, so i really don't know anything, but at the moment i can just imagine that they'll make it a dark bittersweet ending. that he will run away with nakamura maybe? not sure though. so i can't deny i'm excited to see where/how this will end.
Jun 17, 2013 7:31 AM

Jan 2012
I think the makers of this anime are very brave and daring with the animation style and and the artfully long walking scenes and I do respect them for this. I'm sure not everyone can appreciate it but my opinion is that it has worked well. You start to think what the character is thinking when you watch them walk for so long, you start to feel what they feel.
It was also a really good set-up for the dream scene. You see Kasuga walking and you see that he was feeling alone and trapped. He felt like no one understood him. It brought his mind to Nakamura who was the only one that got close to understanding him, and he realised that he blew his chances with her, and he then realised why she was pissed off with him. It all linked in nicely.
I really liked how the grass slowly, almost unnoticably, completely turned into flowers of evil as he walked.
The music was also very nice and calming and built an amazing atmosphere.
And am I the only one who thought the sky looked so beautiful as he walked?
Edit: it seems I wasn't
0cean27 said:

Awesomeness
bakapuntJun 17, 2013 7:56 AM
Jun 17, 2013 9:30 AM

Mar 2012
Pigeonanon said:
I get the feeling that a lot of the hate this series gets is from people who are only hearing it through tinny laptop speakers. Wear some nice headphones, and the atmosphere it creates is phenomenal.

The pool scene, for instance, has this harsh whispering in the background that I thought was excellent. And the walking, just like before, wasn't a waste of time; the sounds created and atmosphere produced were chilling.

Indeed, along with turning off all the lights in the room save the computer.That or hook your computer to your HDTV.

Meanwhile, Nakamura is probably all like
Jun 17, 2013 9:38 AM
Mar 2011
hiabara said:
edevcimot said:
Suzie said:

i also agree. i can understand why some people think it's deep and setting the mood, but eight minutes just walking? okay, i could deal with that, but there are a lot of other scenes that are just too long. like the one where kasuga wants to excuse himself because he isn't hungry and then we just keep staring at his parents for a whole minute and we can't even see their faces and they rarely move. sometimes there just too many scenes where nothing happens. and no, i don't need action 24/7, but staring at faceless people doing nothing bores me, yes.
i was also annoyed by kasuga's mother. jfc, stop crying and yelling that you raised him wrong. how about talking to him?
i still have no idea how this anime will end. i haven't read the manga, so i really don't know anything, but at the moment i can just imagine that they'll make it a dark bittersweet ending. that he will run away with nakamura maybe? not sure though. so i can't deny i'm excited to see where/how this will end.

yea i could understand the faceless people. that scene in the dining room would have been better with faces. the more i watch this anime the more convince i get that this is definitely a set-up for people to check out the manga. that kitchen scene somewhat showed his parents (or mom's) frustration and it is sort of explained in the later chapters that probably wont be animated

if this anime had a definite original finale that solves/ends everything, i hope its really good.
amginexJun 17, 2013 11:52 AM
Jun 17, 2013 11:11 AM

Oct 2012
^ Thank you for using the "spoiler" tag.
okanaganJun 17, 2013 1:19 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

253 by princesjelyfish »»
Apr 24, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

324 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

86 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

135 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Aku no Hana Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

118 by bushman66 »»
Apr 13, 3:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.