Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 15, 2013 8:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the date continues huh? In the dark and at a racing arena? :p
Kotori looked kinda cute I have to admit. Those blushes.

Ohi Origami, why the serious face? Oh right I remember now, it's because of her conflict with Kotori. Anyways, I think this is the finale and so they decided to do an Origami vs. Kotori conclusion.

Dat rage of Origami:

Action was alright this episode imo. I see everyone getting involved in the skies. Tohka vs. Origami again. I haven't seen this in quite awhile since that time when Origami accidentally shot Shido.

Holy shit I see Kurumi

Anyways, there's still an OVA left. Might watch.
Jun 15, 2013 8:55 AM

Nov 2012
so it is end? hmm... well the scene when origami became rage is kind of cool I think :p
Stark700 said:

Dat rage of Origami:

DAT FACE OF ORIGAMI :3

the scene when origami fighting origami, etc kind of cool too :3
and at last it is not bad ending isn't? :3

there is some I dont understand.. damn I cant wait the sub from NN out :3

btw the OVA is the sequel right? CMIIW
Jun 15, 2013 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
makarov52 said:
btw the OVA is the sequel right?

It says it will be bundled with the 9th volume of the LN so...

I actually have no idea since the site I read them from doesn't have that many volumes completed. I would assume it might be a stand alone episode; just an assumption.
Jun 15, 2013 9:46 AM

Nov 2012
Stark700 said:
makarov52 said:
btw the OVA is the sequel right?

It says it will be bundled with the 9th volume of the LN so...

I actually have no idea since the site I read them from doesn't have that many volumes completed. I would assume it might be a stand alone episode; just an assumption.

hmm soukka.. maybe just some kind of filler yeah? hmm.. :3
Jun 15, 2013 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
This episode covered the material of LN volume 4 chapter 10. The scene of after the kiss scene between Kotori and Shido, the vision that Shido saw about 5 years ago of what happening between him and her was longer in the LN, it was more dramatic and heartwarming. The scene where Kurumi was longer too. I guess it can't be helped since the anime can't be that coherent. I still prefer the light novel more.

I liked the rides that Shido took Kotori to. The way how Kotori blushed was cute. Kotori vs Origami battle scene was alright.

Not a bad ending for this episode.

makarov52 said:
hmm soukka.. maybe just some kind of filler yeah? hmm.. :3

I don't think the ova will be a filler. I will say it was more like a side story.
removed-userJun 15, 2013 12:54 PM
Jun 15, 2013 9:54 AM

Dec 2012
Any subbed versions yet?
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jun 15, 2013 10:02 AM
May 2011
I never liked that Origami girl from the start. Yandere, maniac stalker. Shido deserves someone better. Girl got what she deserved.
Jun 15, 2013 10:17 AM

Apr 2013
Count me out if theres a s2, interesting synopsis but without Kurumi's arc I would've dropped this show.
Jun 15, 2013 10:18 AM

Oct 2010
Great finale to Date A Live, even though it was rushed. So many moe Kotori moments when Shido took her to all those rides. The fight between Kotori/Tohka/Yoshino vs. Origami was awesome. Origami sure doesn't know when to quit until she goes unconscious. That Kurumi part was a bit rushed since they skipped
Hopefully they add that part in for the BD's. Lmao at Kotori and Yoshino kiss-blocking Shido and Tohka at the end. Guess when you have a harem, there is no privacy. Overall, ep gets 9/10 and whole series gets 8.5/10 since it was rushed and left out a lot of important info. Might change my rating if the BD's include them in.

The opening theme has so many variations. We have the original, the remix and instrumental ver. in the single, the piano ver., and I think there was a battle version in this ep. Or maybe it was the instrumental; not too sure.
YoxalLoyalJun 15, 2013 10:22 AM
Jun 15, 2013 10:55 AM

Nov 2008
solomon585858 said:
I never liked that Origami girl from the start. Yandere, maniac stalker. Shido deserves someone better. Girl got what she deserved.

I agree, couldn't stand her from the beginning, she's just as bad as Kurumi with none of the charm Kurumi has glad she's tied to her hospital bed.

Pretty good finale and lol at Shido and Tohka's kiss being blocked by Yoshino and Yoshinon.

8/10

I wouldn't mind a season 2 and will be watching the OVA, the long release time for the OVA gives me time to start the LN.

Jun 15, 2013 11:37 AM

Jul 2010
Crossing my fingers for a season two so we get more Kurumi. Look forward to the OVA. In the meantime, time to get caught up in the LN.
Jun 15, 2013 11:46 AM
May 2011
I wonder if Kotori really is ready to kill Shido if he awakens the Angel or smth like that. I've heard from light novel that she adores some ld mad and said that to him. If it is true then t is really pity she didn't die to say such things...
Jun 15, 2013 11:49 AM
Jun 2013
So its done huh? Pretty good series...good thing i didn't drop it.
A season 2 wouldn't be bad :)

Why do i feel Tohka is still Shido's 'real' main love interest? ( I know....t's a harem) Maybe bcoz of the last scene being Shido x Tohka ( and Yoshino XD).

Keep Rocking, Kurumi!

Shitty MC. Rushed, but still pretty entertaining. 6.5/10
theoneandonly99Jun 17, 2013 4:37 AM
Jun 15, 2013 12:42 PM
Sep 2012
Great episode filled with action and romance. Kotori's multiple faces were priceless, cute and funny.
The battle was a bit short though and as expected Kotori being the strongest was well-portrayed in the animation. The last minutes felt like it was cut short, just after that "Arigato, Onii-chan". It felt a bit wierd, as if the ending was missing.

Finally, I would say I enjoyed the show almost as much as the LN. It was sometimes rushed, but I really liked the chara design (one of the cutest ever imo) and the songs, so It was worth watching it.
8.5/10 imo because I liked this show, but actually it's more of a 7/10. It could have been a bit better adapted.

Now, I'm looking forward to the Ova and I hope it gets a season 2.
YuzukkoJun 15, 2013 2:42 PM
Jun 15, 2013 4:54 PM
May 2010
Series was pretty good, better then your average harem these days lol.

aaah and Kurumi <3
im gonna miss Shidou-san so much...
Jun 15, 2013 9:50 PM
May 2013
OVA only in December according to myanimelist :'(
Jun 16, 2013 1:08 AM
Dec 2011
Some scenes in LN were skipped in this episode probably because they are related to the story in later volumes. It's pointless to show those scenes when there is still no decision on a second season and since this is the season finale.
Jun 16, 2013 1:43 AM

Feb 2010
solid final episode overall it could be mutch better. LN is miles ahead in quality still hope for a 2nd season in the near future.
Jun 16, 2013 2:43 AM

Sep 2012
Overall it was a bad adaptation. But still they somewhat followed the story, they didn't do a fake ending, so if they intend to do a second season I'll wait for it.
Jun 16, 2013 3:05 AM

Sep 2012
OreImo !!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 16, 2013 5:11 AM

Mar 2013
It was an o.k adaption I guess, they skip the flashback conversation and the whole explanation of Kotori's ribbons, not to mention it was heart warming, and the ending is actually from episode 4 except it got change to a rooftop and Yoshino+Yoshinon and crew interfering lol.

Ribbons Spoiler + 2nd person with Kotori
Jun 16, 2013 6:48 AM

Dec 2011
5596050 said:

FritzionJun 16, 2013 6:59 AM
"There is no sorrow if you are prepared"
Jun 16, 2013 6:52 AM

Aug 2011
Weeeeeeeeeell. Here we go.

I have to say, I haven't been this disappointed in a while. While the finale was good, the rest of the anime was not. When the PVs were coming out, I looked at the character designs and just the art and general, and went 'wow'. Maybe the art for Date a Live isn't the best I've seen, but it's still really good. The premise was interesting as well. I thought the first couple episodes with Tohka's 'arc' I guess you could say, were really well done (albeit rushed). But the rest of the anime was bad. Leaving out some of Kurumi's arc, leading up to Kotori's.

One of the main things that hindered my enjoyment was Origami. I thought she was likable in the first couple of episodes, but then she just became so annoying. She became an object of NTR, and I hate NTR. Every time she came on screen, I instinctively got annoyed. Maybe if we saw more of her character like we did in this episode, rather than just NTRing every episode, I would have liked her better. Others may say that it's funny, or 'you know it's a harem right'. Whether or not it's a harem or it was funny (which it wasn't), Origami was frustrating and annoying.

Unexpectedly, I hated Kotori in the beginning, but she became my favourite character. Tohka follows, and Yoshino behind Tohka.

Shido was also annoying. Well, not nearly to the extent that Origami was, but he went from an interesting protagonist to a generic protagonist, and then back again to an interesting protagonist. In the beginning, he showed all this willpower to save Tohka and all, just by meeting her. He went out of his way to do so. Most protagonists get to know the girl better before they do that, but he was just like 'LET ME HELP YOU'. But he became generic when he couldn't refuse dates. Wtf. Okay, I get it, 'Date a Live', what do I expect? But that's not what I meant. Dates like, for example the three-way date that he had with Kurumi, Origami, and Tohka. Why can't he just say no? I mean, he has a job to do. He has to go on a date with Kurumi, so cancel/say no to OTHER DATES. It's not that hard to do!

Another thing; WHY would you go to a lingerie shop for a date? What a cheap excuse for fanservice.

Well the music was good, and the voice actors did a good job.

The story is actually pretty good, but it's so rushed. Even I can tell, not being an LN reader. Well I did read like one of the novels to see how much detail we were missing, and there was a lot. They seem to have the general idea but they skip a lot.

6/10 I guess I wouldn't mind a second season, I was pretty disappointed with this (more like a hell lot) but I did like the story, and some of the characters.
Jun 16, 2013 7:04 AM

Sep 2012
^ You know I also hate NTR but I never consider Origami a NTR character LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 16, 2013 8:18 AM

Jun 2012
a bit disappointed with the last episode... So we got to forget about kurumi or what? Man, i almost drop this thing --" i'll give 7/10 since this show have a good song
Jun 16, 2013 8:52 AM

Aug 2011
symbv said:
^ You know I also hate NTR but I never consider Origami a NTR character LOL

I guess not since she actually has a reason for being in the anime, but well, she does a lot of that throughout the entire anime.
Jun 16, 2013 9:30 AM

Mar 2013
Fritzion said:
5596050 said:

Thanks for the correct information, needed a refresh!
Jun 16, 2013 11:06 AM

Dec 2012
Day 3: no subtitles yet, I'm about to die :((
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jun 16, 2013 12:02 PM

Feb 2013
thank the kamina there will be more! so glad kurumi appeared even for a little bit :D now im happy
Jun 16, 2013 4:19 PM
May 2012
AFTER ALL, imouto route is always the best route, teehee
Jun 16, 2013 4:20 PM
Oct 2012
symbv said:
OreImo !!

Are you saying that in Japan were are experiencing the dawning of
Jun 16, 2013 4:20 PM

Aug 2010
Origami in a METEOR, Lol. OVerall this series was pretty lackluster imo, generic MC, rushed arcs. 6/10

billngJun 16, 2013 4:23 PM
Jun 16, 2013 4:31 PM

Jun 2012
At least it looks like there will be a season 2. I love Tohka. fucking cockblockers
Jun 16, 2013 4:34 PM

May 2013
subs here http://anime-exceed.com/date-a-live-episode-12-subbed-dubbed/

I liked this show, it has its flaws but I was never bored for a second. I'm excited for a second season. I'd say a 7/10 is fair.

The TO BE CONTINUED ending can SUCK MY DICK though. grrrrrrr.
Jun 16, 2013 4:48 PM

May 2012
Meh, episode turned out exactly the way I was predicting it to.

I liked the art/animation and OP/ED theme songs, OP theme was particularly catchy. That's really the only nice things I have to say about this show.

I highly suggest to anyone who is interested in doing so that they go ahead and read YuzurihaAsuna and roriconfan's review for this anime. These guys pretty much sum up my opinion on this anime.

Final rating: 1/10.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jun 16, 2013 4:50 PM

Apr 2013
so was it kotori who killed origami's parents or did efreet do it then possess kotori. i just dont understand how she got efreets powers
Jun 16, 2013 4:52 PM

Apr 2013
Kurumi's arc 10/10
Rest of the show -6/10
Final Rating: 4/10
Jun 16, 2013 5:02 PM

Dec 2012
Kotori loves her onii-chan very much indeed xD

Yoshinon trolled me at the end!!!! How does it feel Shido to be cockblocked by a puppet? ;A;

Looks like there might be a second season! More Yoshino is always appreciated C:
Jun 16, 2013 5:20 PM

Nov 2012
:( and now we have to wait until December for the ova
Jun 16, 2013 5:24 PM
Oct 2010
tobiichi lookin like hannibal lector there at the end.
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 16, 2013 5:25 PM

Jun 2013
kotori is awesome but shido kinda a chicken all he does is yelling kotori origami stop fighting u both good girls so don fight the heck? like someone who wanted revenge will listen to weak words man up and do some manly gesture already! oh well it ended ok so i guess i let it go
Karada wa tsurugi de dekiteiru
Chishio wa tetsu de kokoro wa GARASU
Ikutabi no senjou wo koete fuhai
Tada no ichido mo haisou wa naku
Tada no ichido mo rikai sarenai
Ka no mono wa tsune ni hitori
Tsurugi no oka de shouri ni you
Yue ni shougai ni imi wa naku
Sono karada wa kitto tsurugi de dekiteita
Jun 16, 2013 5:26 PM

Jun 2012
This show is amazing. I love the idea behind the show, the character designs, the comedy, the music, and the voice acting.

I do agree it was a little rushed. However, I feel the animators did their level best, considering some executive team probably wanted to adapt these 4 light novels into 12 episodes. It probably should have had 13 or 15 episodes instead. Anyway, Date A Live was very entertaining and I hope it gets a second season.

And lol about Kotori's affection levels being 100% the whole time. She is such a tsundere.
shigeru212Jun 16, 2013 5:31 PM
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jun 16, 2013 5:27 PM
Oct 2012
i think there is a good chance of a season two! there is plenty of plot left and it seems to get a lot of positive reviews. the only problem i see is the unsuitability of how anime get another season. lets face it some things should have never gotten another season while others somehow never got another season.
Jun 16, 2013 5:29 PM

Jun 2013
jaxjaxk said:
i think there is a good chance of a season two! there is plenty of plot left and it seems to get a lot of positive reviews. the only problem i see is the unsuitability of how anime get another season. lets face it some things should have never gotten another season while others somehow never got another season.

Kurumi should get her own spinoff series...
i'd pay to watch it....
Jun 16, 2013 5:30 PM

Sep 2012
Well, the anime was superb. I can´t compare it to the LN, since I haven´t read it yet, but I enjoyed all 12 episodes, and I hope there is a second season, there wasn´t enough Kurumi in this one. Overall:

5/5 to the episode
8/10 to the anime

There better be a second season!!!
Jun 16, 2013 5:41 PM

Jun 2013
it better get season 2 or i go to Japan and burn down the animator offices rages for lack of kurumiXD
Jun 16, 2013 5:42 PM

Jun 2012
jaxjaxk said:

It has everything to do with sales. If an anime sells well, or gives a substantial boost to its source adaption (aka the light novel or manga) then it has a good chance of getting a second season.

I really hope Date A Live gets a second season. The light novel is selling reasonably well and apparently volume 1 of the BD/DVD is projected to sell about 5k. Those numbers are good but not great, so I hope Date A Live outperforms the projection and secures a second season for sure.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jun 16, 2013 5:43 PM

Aug 2012
Conclusion: Origami a shit.

7/10 overall. Hopefully a season two!
Jun 16, 2013 5:44 PM

Feb 2010
If it weren't for the appealing spirits, I wouldn't have bother finishing this anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2013 5:46 PM

Jun 2013
erogami is ero but she kinda scares me this time.....man i guess i now gets why u don piss off emo girlsXD
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

190 by Hououin_Kyouma32 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

3 by IceCreamScene »»
Apr 21, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

284 by lordben69 »»
Apr 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

150 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

272 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.