Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 13, 2013 4:46 PM
Apr 2013
I played the game and as much as I like this anime despite the differences, to be honest, I'm quite disappointed with this episode since they just decided to kill four demon tamers at once. It seems being a rush if you ask me. The only thing that amused me from this episode is Hibiki's flashback (he and Daichi are so cute!) and Alcor at the beginning and the end of the episode (cool!). The action is fine and all, but just that to me.

Since Hibiki said he wants to start over, I'm quite positive this will be a restorer ending. As for the requirement for all the thirteen summoners must survive the whole ordeal, remember that this an anime that has made big changes here and there from the game, so I think the rule that all of the summoners must survive doesn't apply in this series.

Perhaps this will go as I had predicted before that eventually Hibiki, Daichi, and Io, are the only ones who will survive while Yamato and Makoto might be dead in the next episode. I wish they'll be alive and help Hibiki in the end though...there are already too much characters died...
Jun 13, 2013 6:13 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, they killed of more interesting characters. Yamato was beast as always, he need no demon to kick ass.

Alcor is also badass, crush a demon like it was nothing.

Why did they called Jack Frost when it obviously Black Frost? Jack Frost is nowhere above Baal. Whatever,hee-ho!.

Look like they will go with Kingmaker ending.

Jun 13, 2013 6:19 PM
Apr 2013
Airi was my favorite ingame, rip, my 2d gurl
Jun 13, 2013 6:45 PM

Aug 2011
Well that was pretty badass compared to last week's garbage.
Jun 13, 2013 7:10 PM
Feb 2009
so more ppl ded?
Jun 13, 2013 7:17 PM

Jul 2010
I imagine the ED will be looking pretty empty by the end...

Certainly on course with only 6 folks left (not counting the background folks)
Jun 13, 2013 7:23 PM
Dec 2012
I was somehow expecting one person to die in this episode but more than that.
Did not see that coming >.<

That ending theme so much empty space :O

Still wondering how it will go down with Alcor and Yamato.
Jun 13, 2013 7:41 PM

Jul 2009
So they saved Io's shitty life and let Airi and Jungo die? </3
I don't give a fuck for any of the survivals, so they could all die.

But nice episode, though. The adaptation is better than I thought it would be. Hope the end makes things better. I'm pretty sure everybody will be alive again. Dunno why,
Jun 13, 2013 7:59 PM
Jan 2011
WTF? That is a Black Frost NOT a Jack Frost!

TQ
Jun 13, 2013 8:16 PM

May 2013
WOOHOO This is what I'm waiting for! Hibiki, Alcor, and Yamato are true badasses lmao I hope the VA wouldn't get drained after screaming too much.

And also the ED is so so so so empty hahah.
souhienJun 13, 2013 9:30 PM
Jun 13, 2013 8:19 PM
Jul 2012
KanameFujiwara said:
WTF? That is a Black Frost NOT a Jack Frost!

TQ

dex_dash said:

I also know this is black frost. my point is that the translation went wrong because they hear "Ja'aku frost" (in this case black frost) which sounds like "Jakku frost" (Jack frost).

It's a pun. Black frost is is the best, though bad, translation of that pun.

EXPLANATORY QUOTE:
lackofwords said:

Also, I think they've decided not to translate it as Black Frost for political reasons, when you listen to them say it they've clearly said じゃあくフロスト and not ジャックフロスト.

In other words, the A is enunciated harder (jya-ah-ku), instead of a elongated slurred A for the latter (jya-ak-ku). Or at least that's how I like to think of it. Listen to the google translate sound for じゃあく vs ジャック. If the professional translator has problems picking that up, then they would have trouble with a lot of other words.

Some of you might be familiar with じゃあく since that word has been tossed around a lot in anime with demons in it and such. Literal translation is Evil Frost, not sure why the English game translation with Black Frost, maybe because of appearance or it just sounds better...
Jun 13, 2013 8:51 PM

Jan 2010
What a fantastic episode! Surely the best, from beginning to end, I felt that both the climate waited since the announcement of the anime, and I can say with conviction that this fight 'final', even if it was short, could be better than the game. A pity that the coolest characters have died, but it was predictable, it is really sad that some have died without being exploited and in vain, the weakest point of the anime, considering that there are 13 episodes would not give to do a lot, but at least they focus on a few, as with Hibiki and Daichi. I liked the flashback could have one for each character, the anime would 140% fuller.

Hibiki is giving the injured party in the middle of a battle and it comes with moral issues? Yamato has my respect, he deserves to get to the top, but Alcor will end up ruining the party l:

Eager for last. (Highlight to soundtrack that is 100x better than the game.)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Jun 13, 2013 9:31 PM

May 2013
WillKamio said:
What a fantastic episode! Surely the best, from beginning to end, I felt that both the climate waited since the announcement of the anime, and I can say with conviction that this fight 'final', even if it was short, could be better than the game. A pity that the coolest characters have died, but it was predictable, it is really sad that some have died without being exploited and in vain, the weakest point of the anime, considering that there are 13 episodes would not give to do a lot, but at least they focus on a few, as with Hibiki and Daichi. I liked the flashback could have one for each character, the anime would 140% fuller.

Hibiki is giving the injured party in the middle of a battle and it comes with moral issues? Yamato has my respect, he deserves to get to the top, but Alcor will end up ruining the party l:

Eager for last. (Highlight to soundtrack that is 100x better than the game.)

YES THE OST! Hope it'd be released ASAP!
Jun 13, 2013 9:58 PM

Sep 2012
Leave it to Devil Survivor 2 to kill all my favourite characters in one episode :(
Fumi, Jungo and Hinako :'(
Jun 13, 2013 10:05 PM

Feb 2008
What's the point to call this series Survivor? If everyone is going to stay alive, lol seriously.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 13, 2013 10:13 PM

Dec 2012
That was a massacre alright :( I'm sad to see many characters kick the bucket. They just started to become friends ;_;

Hibiki just has to wait until half of his friends have been annihilated to save to day again. It's unfortunate that JP's best fighter was out of commission in half of the last battle.

Daichi finally became something useful, though his power-up is a bit cliche. I will accept that miracle since Daichi needs to have a major goal in this anime badly, and he had it.

My view about Yamato has improved a bit now after he started to fight with the team. Unfortunately, his greediness will be his downfall in the next episode.
Jun 13, 2013 10:23 PM

Dec 2012
The ED feels so empty now, there are just 6 people left in it now.

Poor Airi and Jungo ;_;
"I do not know where this love will take me..."
Jun 13, 2013 10:48 PM

Jul 2010
Lulz at people crying for Airi's death.
Jun 13, 2013 10:55 PM

Feb 2012
Woo. By far the best episode in awhile.
Jun 13, 2013 11:06 PM

Feb 2010
Of course, power of love/friendship shit saves de day again.

So hibiki wants to reset everything.

Jun 13, 2013 11:58 PM

May 2010
Fumi,Airi,Jungo and Hinako!!! No,why did Hinako had to die!!! I am more frustrated because of Airi and Jungo's death. So anti-climatic!!!

Though I have a feeling that everyone is going to be revived in the last episode...still its sad.
Jun 14, 2013 12:40 AM
Feb 2013
Stark700 said:
Leapling said:
DOES ALCOR APPEAR IN IT AT ALL? :O

Oh yes and in a badass way.

Growing to like humans, eh?
Jun 14, 2013 1:09 AM

Jan 2011
Even when all the people i cared about died i felt nothing nothing at all the way everything was going i just felt like in the end their gonna come back
Jun 14, 2013 1:16 AM
Aug 2012
They should have just named this Devil Massacre The Animation (alt. version of DS2). There is no point in calling it Survivor if all the characters are gonna die especially the hot babaes.

Are they trying to make this a foursome ending with Hibiki/Daichi/Yamato/Alcor or a reverse harem with Io/Makoto in the middle of the four or a harem with Hibiki and the rest??? Way to ruin a great game...........my frustrations are beyond explaining.

Jun 14, 2013 2:19 AM

May 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
They should have just named this Devil Massacre The Animation (alt. version of DS2). There is no point in calling it Survivor if all the characters are gonna die especially the hot babaes.

Are they trying to make this a foursome ending with Hibiki/Daichi/Yamato/Alcor or a reverse harem with Io/Makoto in the middle of the four or a harem with Hibiki and the rest??? Way to ruin a great game...........my frustrations are beyond explaining.

idk why I laugh so hard at this
Jun 14, 2013 3:45 AM

Oct 2011
For me this show just feels too predictable. As soon as I saw childhood flashback, I knew Daichi would cease being 'useless sidekick character'.

I really hope it doesn't do a reset/resurrection end because I might scream.

who are you to change this world? silly boy.
Jun 14, 2013 3:53 AM
Mar 2013
this episode is full of fights and somehow looks to me a lit lame all those monsters
Alcor is one of the best characters i wanna really see how will turn things now when HIbiki has support
Jun 14, 2013 4:50 AM

Oct 2012
I really don't know how to deal with those anime where characters that were introduced during several episodes die in a blink of an eye . It feels like they weren't important at all ... It's too sudden for me to really appreciate it ...

But globally the episode was very good , even if I don't appreciate the way they died , it brings a dramatical ambiance really nicely . I can't wait for the next episodes and the confrontation between Yamato and Hibiki .
Jun 14, 2013 5:36 AM
Apr 2013
Karolus said:
For me this show just feels too predictable. As soon as I saw childhood flashback, I knew Daichi would cease being 'useless sidekick character'.

Unfortunately, Hibiki already said that he want to fix and start over everything, saying he wants to go back to "those days", which only means he wants to restore the world.
Jun 14, 2013 5:47 AM

Mar 2012
I'm with the people the laugh at this show being called Devil Survivor 2. For a show called that, there sure aren't a whole helluva lot of survivors...

I'm an agreement with the guy that said this should be called Devil Massacre 2...because there's a whole lot of massacring going on in this series...including the series itself...this series is a massacre...
Jun 14, 2013 5:53 AM

Mar 2010
MY GOODNESS THIS EPISODE IS BEYOND MY PREDICTION .
9999999999999999999999/5
there's many people UNEXPECTEDLY died..the episode was extremely powerful.
MIND BLOWING. Now I want to watch the next episode badly...but still..this was sad ._______.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2013 5:55 AM

Mar 2010
Toucanbird said:
I'm with the people the laugh at this show being called Devil Survivor 2. For a show called that, there sure aren't a whole helluva lot of survivors...

I'm an agreement with the guy that said this should be called Devil Massacre 2...because there's a whole lot of massacring going on in this series...including the series itself...this series is a massacre...

its devil SURVIVOR . NOT devil SURVIVORS.
Thus we can expect the probability of ONE survivor.(that would be too sad)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2013 6:06 AM

Oct 2011
Frost190 said:
Karolus said:

Unfortunately, Hibiki already said that he want to fix and start over everything, saying he wants to go back to "those days", which only means he wants to restore the world.

Yes, that foreshadowing only added to my initial worry haha. Ah well!

who are you to change this world? silly boy.
Jun 14, 2013 8:14 AM

May 2013
Frost190 said:
Karolus said:

Damn it.. I thought so too.. I can't believe he'd kill Alcor, one of the only friends he has now, to restore the world though...
Jun 14, 2013 8:33 AM

Sep 2012
I have a few questions for those who have played the game: Does that Black/Jack/Evil Forest demon also exist in the game? Is it something that only Daichi can summon? Is it really so strong, apparently it is even stronger than Byakko? To be honest I find it hard to imagine it is stronger than well known mythology figure like Athena...

For this episode, while I always know that the long suffering Daichi will eventually come up with the most powerful at some critical moment, I still cannot expel the feeling of some deus-ex-machina at work here - the whole thing is very shounen cliche here, that the only strong will to help your friend is good enough.

And I was not sure Airi (and Jungo) indeed died until I saw the ED sequence. In the anime it seems they avoided at least the first explosions.

Other tidbits:

- Interesting to see the Chinese trigrams (Baqua http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagua_%28concept%29 ) appears as the most powerful defense against the last Septentrion.

- Love how cool Fumi faced her death: "So this is death?"

- I find it easy to guess that despite the video of death sent for Io she will no longer be killed after a brush with death in the last arc.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 14, 2013 8:48 AM

Feb 2010
symbv said:
I have a few questions for those who have played the game: Does that Black/Jack/Evil Forest demon also exist in the game?

Yes
symbv said:

Is it something that only Daichi can summon?

No.
symbv said:

Is it really so strong, apparently it is even stronger than Byakko?

Yes.
Jun 14, 2013 9:03 AM

Sep 2012
so many died again and Airi is included...

the bomb was so badass there was no escape on it...i thought Jungo will save Airi on that bomb but he shock that there was a bomb in there path and BOOM!

at last Daichi summons his powerful demon he is no longer useless now...thanks to him the last septentrion has defeated...

so, only 6 of them remains: Hibiki, Daichi, Io, Yamato, Sako and Alcor...

i hope Yamato won't die in the next episode or the last episode...

xD
Jun 14, 2013 9:29 AM

Jan 2012
Raaah damn this! I should have dropped this way earlier on >< I only watched it because of Yamato... everyone hates him and if dies, it'll piss me off so much...

Somehow Hibiki is soooo annoying... First time I dislike the main hero...
And lol Daichi finally had his heroic moment
Jun 14, 2013 9:37 AM

Nov 2012
damn this episode is so damn cool XD alchor is so badass killing that devil in the beginning :3

btw that moment when airi, nitta, daichi, etc became friend is so beautiful :3 so calm and happy :3
but then in the night airi, jungo, etc die :(
I was thinking nitta and daichi were gonna die.. thank god hibiki show up ;3

damn in the end alchor is kind of like hibiki hmm? XD
cant wait for next episode.. 2 episode to go broo~~~ XD
Jun 14, 2013 9:46 AM

Sep 2008
A great episode for change.
I'm also glad people explained it's Black Frost, not Jack Frost. Got me confused as hell, since in Devil survivor 1 Jack Frost is WAAAAY below many powerful demons.
Haven't gotten to playing DS2 yet, but I will :)
Jun 14, 2013 9:49 AM

Jan 2008
Subs are out, and the biggest error that stood out to me is they translated the demon Black Frost as Jack Frost when in Japanese, Ja'aku means evil, therefore Black Frost in English...so they probably heard it wrong. Would have helped if the ones translating knew more about the games so they can get it right. Jack Frosts are the smaller good-spirited equivalent (and also Atlus's official Mascot), colored white and blue unlike the purple and black of it's evil giant version.

As for the ending, they are either going for an original one, hybrid of different endings, or something along the lines of the "True Ending" where

Also, Hibiki better get some new demons soon or I'm going to be pissed off that they keep pulling this "shounen manga" stunts where the main character gets an unexplained or stupidly powerful power-up at just the right time (like Daichi's case), but can be excusable because they all use demons, and can summon them from Auctions, or "Download" in the anime, "Fusion" in the games.
Estoy_GordoJun 14, 2013 9:53 AM
Jun 14, 2013 10:18 AM

Jun 2013
.... and my brain still can't comprehend the fact that HInako, Jungo and airi had died...

5 scores..
Jun 14, 2013 10:38 AM

Sep 2012
@4kicks,

Is that "True Ending" the ending in the game as well?

Interestingly, this "True Ending" would be one that I would come up if I am to write an ending after this episode, as it carries on the main themes that are symbolized by Hibiki and his friends while does not mess up the world setting as it is.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 14, 2013 11:29 AM

Oct 2011
T____T Airi, Jungo, Fumi, and Hinako died. That flashback with Hibiki and Daichi. Black Frost saved the day!!! OMG Alcor vs Yamato!!!
Jun 14, 2013 11:44 AM

Jan 2008
Found it weird Hibiki and Yamato could suddenly start shooting beams out of their hands. I think you could use the protagonists as attackers in the game and they had skills n such but still weird.
Jun 14, 2013 12:12 PM

Sep 2012
I'm not sad because a lot of people died in this episode, I think they will reset the world and everyone will stay alive, although I don't know if its the better ending.

This fight was amazing, can't wait for next episode
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jun 14, 2013 12:43 PM

Feb 2010
symbv said:
@4kicks,

Is that "True Ending" the ending in the game as well?

Interestingly, this "True Ending" would be one that I would come up if I am to write an ending after this episode, as it carries on the main themes that are symbolized by Hibiki and his friends while does not mess up the world setting as it is.

The ending does exists in the game, and some people call it the true end but the game never acknowledge it as such. Not sure why people call it the true ending.
Jun 14, 2013 1:24 PM
Sep 2012
sorry Hibiki, Diachi is now the protagonist of the show. Hibiki you just didnt do enough in the amount of time you had so you were replaced by Diachi simple as. Sorry.
Jun 14, 2013 2:19 PM

Nov 2009
Brilliant episode!!!

They have finally defeated the last Septentrione and survived the 7 days of judgment but I somehow feel like this isn't the end and I wonder if Alcor is the true last boss. The action and OST were really good and it was so nice for the group to become friends at the beginning. Things went very intense and by assumption, one by one lost their lives and only the main ones remain so I wonder how things will go from here. Alcor sure was merciless in removing anyone who gets in his way and now Hibiki is trying to stop Yamato from his ambitions.

You have to got to love Daichi's new demon Jack Frost and I knew he would be able to summon a powerful one after all that willpower he has been showing recently and I have to say that it was a good combination between Hibiki and Daichi and they also showed their pasts slightly and signified that they had a very tight bond and I guess that was the factor which influenced a powerful summoning as Hinako did explain that the demon summoning is according to the user's ability.

Looking forward to see how this will turn out in the next episode!!

5/5

Jun 14, 2013 3:07 PM

Mar 2013
Certainly one of the better episodes. While the Flashback was a bit cliché, it finally showed some kind kind of character developement (even if only a little). Daichi finally got a reason to be in this show.

Didn't care much about the deaths though.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

259 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 12:07 PM

» Time Loop Theory (Game Spoilers)

Kaiser-chan - Jun 4, 2013

3 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2013

184 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2013

134 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

129 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.