Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 31, 2013 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
ITEM.

As expected, they make their debut in the very beginning. I think Fre nda Frenda's VA is okay along with Mugino. Oop, explosive doll spotted. I see a deadly weapon there. Ha, Frenda and her cute little dolls.

Dem explosions, shit just got real. So Misaka struggles fighting against her huh. I'm not too surprised honestly. Those aggressive face expressions. Ya, Frenda goofed a bit during her fight. I definitely enjoyed this fight though. Flash grenade, dolls, and all.

HAHAHAHA and that dance of Frenda.
LOL. That look on your face when she realizes her plan goofed.

OST was pretty good too. Nice kick btw Frenda but you got blocked. Aww poor Frenda:

Great episode imo. MELTDOWNER BABY
Stark700May 31, 2013 7:56 AM
May 31, 2013 7:53 AM

Nov 2007
New characters... how many of those 4 are level 5-ers?

Misaka vs. That explosion girl (she sounds like twin tail girl from chu2 byou). She's weaker, apparently, but has lots of items to block her ability. Then that girl that seems like the leader showed up.

That fight that appeared in OP is soon?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 31, 2013 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
tsubasalover said:
New characters... how many of those 4 are level 5-ers??

Only one.
Anyways, badass Mugino:

Stark700May 31, 2013 8:08 AM
May 31, 2013 7:56 AM

Apr 2009
tsubasalover said:

Anyways, perfect episode. I love Frenda.

Feb 2009
tsubasalover said:

Misaka vs. That explosion girl (she sounds like twin tail girl from chu2 byou). She's weaker, apparently, but has lots of items to block her ability. Then that girl that seems like the leader showed up.

That fight that appeared in OP is soon?
Only one of them is a Level 5.

And Fre|nda is voiced by Uchida Maaya aka Rikka from Chuu2.

inb4 Fre|nda puns.

Jul 2007
WTF was that episode 5 mins or what. It felt so sort wow...

Shit was awesome. Lot's of explosions and cute things and Misaka being awesome as usual :3

Tbh i didn't like how she blocked her kick at that moment since Misaka has no martial arts knowledge or experience in that matter and that was a really precise block. But oh well this is a small detail i think ^^

Next episode will be full of amazing scenes once again as it seems :3
May 31, 2013 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
Wait, I thought Frenda wasn't even an Esper?
May 31, 2013 8:01 AM

Nov 2007
Thank you all for answering, haha... So except 1 everyone else is not level 5.

belatkuro said:
And Fre|nda is voiced by Uchida Maaya aka Rikka from Chuu2.

I know that I didn't see that "-desu" girl from Chuu2's seiyuu on the cast, but she sounded like her to me instead of Rikka. So which character is voiced by Mori Summer (I remember seeing her name) anyway? That level 5-er?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 31, 2013 8:04 AM

Apr 2009
Stark700 said:

Everyone who attends AC schools is an esper. Even Saten is an esper.

It's just a matter of actually being able to use your inherent ability.
May 31, 2013 8:11 AM

Nov 2011
tsubasalover said:
I know that I didn't see that "-desu" girl from Chuu2's seiyuu on the cast, but she sounded like her to me instead of Rikka. So which character is voiced by Mori Summer (I remember seeing her name) anyway? That level 5-er?

I think it's her:
http://myanimelist.net/character/40140/Saiai_Kinuhata

May 31, 2013 9:17 AM

Mar 2012
Amarrez said:
Stark700 said:

Everyone who attends AC schools is an esper. Even Saten is an esper.

It's just a matter of actually being able to use your inherent ability.

Incorrect:

Academy City's total population is about 2.3 million with 80% of them being students and 1/8 of those students living in the city dorms. Of the entire student population, about 60% of them have the ability to demonstrate only a slight amount of psychic ability (these are level 0 Power Users). 20% of the of the remaining students in Academy City pursue other subjects instead of going under the Power Curriculum Program, like Tsuchimikado Maika, who studies in a maid school.

There's about a good 150000 non-esper students in Academy City. One example would be Maika (confirmed in NT7). Fre|nda is, however, a Level 0.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
May 31, 2013 9:31 AM

Sep 2012
Mugino - Maou
Saiai - Molly Summer
Frenda - Rikka
Rikou - Tamako

Interesting seiyuu choice. I think all did pretty good job, particularly Uchida Maaya (Frenda, Rikka).
symbvMay 31, 2013 11:25 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 31, 2013 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
Ah, Frenda's just too cute:
May 31, 2013 11:05 AM

Feb 2009
ITEM finally debuts!
Fre nda's voice isn't half bad. Uchida Maaya used her Mao voice from GJ-bu. Needs more Fre nda puns guys.
Kinuhata's outfit really doesn't suit her. I like her wooly sweater outfit more in the LN.
And did Takitsubo somehow obtain the Bust Upper? I know she's well endowed and all but it's suppose to be hardly noticeable in her tracksuit.
Mugino meanwhile is perfect. Hamazura will probably get a lot of bad reactions later on when we get to Index III.

The fight was pretty good I guess. Fre nda did a good job fighting with just explosives but in the end she slipped up. I kinda laughed at where she was pulling them out.
Mugino's entrance was badass though.
Next episode is AIM Stalker. Been waiting for this battle for a long time. The powerlevel discussions will probably start again with that.

inb4 where is Kuroko? The OP showed Kuroko in this fight.
inb4 where's Touma?
May 31, 2013 11:17 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
ITEM finally debuts!
Fre nda's voice isn't half bad. Uchida Maaya used her Mao voice from GJ-bu. Needs more Fre nda puns guys.
Kinuhata's outfit really doesn't suit her. I like her wooly sweater outfit more in the LN.
And did Takitsubo somehow obtain the Bust Upper? I know she's well endowed and all but it's suppose to be hardly noticeable in her tracksuit.
Mugino meanwhile is perfect. Hamazura will probably get a lot of bad reactions later on when we get to Index III.

Didnt feel it in the manga but ITEM just isnt ITEM without Hamazura.

And what do you mean by that?
ssjokgMay 31, 2013 11:27 AM
May 31, 2013 11:24 AM

Sep 2012
belatkuro said:
inb4 where's Touma?
That has to wait... Just wait for the episode that is titled Vending Machine...

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 31, 2013 11:26 AM

Feb 2009
I figure people will like Mugino because of her badass attitude and her powers which is why many may hate on Hamazura when we get to vol15. And you know what happens there. Heck, people might even be surprised about Hamazura's role in the story so that'll add more to that.
Just my wild guess, don't pay much attention to it. We need Index III first. And we're currently at Railgun so let's stop the offtopic.
May 31, 2013 11:30 AM

Nov 2009
belatkuro said:

Huh?

Yes, it's suppose to be hardly noticeable in her tracksuit, but she doesn't wear it right now. She's only wearing a shirt (which she wears under her tracksuit in novel). That's why you get to see a clear view of her bust.
May 31, 2013 11:35 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
belatkuro said:
inb4 where's Touma?

You do realize he was joking, right? There was a reason he put it in super small text....

May 31, 2013 11:41 AM

Feb 2009
Marina2 said:
Yes, it's suppose to be hardly noticeable in her tracksuit, but she doesn't wear it right now. She's only wearing a shirt (which she wears under her tracksuit in novel). That's why you get to see a clear view of her bust.
Yes but with that size, you can hardly call that unnoticeable when she wears something over it. That's why I'm commenting at how big Rikou's Rikous are here.
I mean, look:
May 31, 2013 11:43 AM

Sep 2012
CreationBreaker said:
symbv said:
belatkuro said:
inb4 where is Kuroko? The OP showed Kuroko in this fight.inb4 where's Touma?
You do realize he was joking, right? There was a reason he put it in super small text....
But no everyone. That's my guess. Someone might legitimately wonder about those questions. The 'inb4' essentially predicts there are people who wonder about this and may want to know the answer.

May 31, 2013 11:46 AM

Mar 2012
belatkuro said:
Marina2 said:
Yes but with that size, you can hardly call that unnoticeable when she wears something over it. That's why I'm commenting at how big Rikou's Rikous are here.
I mean, look:

Her bust was also pretty modest in the Railgun manga:

symbv said:
CreationBreaker said:
symbv said:
belatkuro said:
inb4 where is Kuroko? The OP showed Kuroko in this fight.inb4 where's Touma?
But no everyone. That's my guess. Someone might legitimately wonder about those questions. The 'inb4' essentially predicts there are people who wonder about this and may want to know the answer.

I see...I've never actually seen 'inb4' before so I have no idea what that exactly means....

May 31, 2013 11:50 AM

Feb 2009
CreationBreaker said:
Compare that with this:
May 31, 2013 11:55 AM

Sep 2012
CreationBreaker said:
Still noticeably bigger than Saiai and Frenda's....

May 31, 2013 12:00 PM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
CreationBreaker said:

Well, Saiai and Frenda are both middle-school aged. Of course Rikou's bust would be bigger.

May 31, 2013 12:01 PM
Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
Ah, Fre|nda's just too cute:

I totally agree. Her voice acting was so amazing!!! I was like: this has actually literally exceeded all of my expectations. It makes me think of absolute perfection. This was done better than the manga in my opinion and for those people who didn't read the updated episode list I posted, we have at least 1 more episode of ITEM as shown in the preview (not to ruin the surprise). I really enjoyed the old OSTS and that one new one here.

Fre|nda was as cute as heck. Index 3 with those voices is going to be a blast! Mikoto was great in this episode, she had some really good moves. I'm sure it'll be an even better watch when subtitles come out, but I pretty much know by heart every single word they were saying anyway in english because of the railgun manga, because this part was so good. I feel like so far, the anime has surpassed the manga. I liked the cooler version of Ignis gas, which was great. It looked stunningly well animated in the anime compared to the manga. In the manga it was hard to tell whether or not it had come out of the original vial she had thrown even though she had said that was a decoy.

Rikou was great, can't wait to see more of her and the rest of ITEM next episode. Next episode is called AIM stalker! I loved Mugino's electric beam. Now that was totally awesome/incredible. It scared the living daylights out of me even though I was expecting it: their fight is going to be suspenseful/scary to watch even if I know the outcome in advance.

J.C. staff really did well with this episode. Hopefully next episode is just as good. I thought Fre|nda's voice was literally like #1 I've seen in the railgun franchise. Mugino's voice wasn't half-bad either. Also, they had the Rikou pool scene :) I enjoyed that. :) Her laziness is the most important thing to display after all.

I liked Nunotaba's appearance and they showed the fact she drinks milk tea for continuity (good job remembering J.C. staff). I can't wait for you know what to happen next episode on both fronts. This anime version really is exciting. It still outdid my expectations and I was expecting a lot. Let the next few episodes outdo them even more and I will truly respect J.C. staff.
May 31, 2013 12:06 PM

Sep 2012
CreationBreaker said:
Well, Saiai and Frenda are both middle-school aged. Of course Rikou's bust would be bigger.
Yeah, my point is just that with the two as contrast, Rikou's busts do not look that modest but of course they are nothing compared to what's in the anime character design...

May 31, 2013 12:07 PM

Aug 2009
CreationBreaker said:
symbv said:
CreationBreaker said:

We all know that age doesnt matter in Raildex regardless of gender.
Stiyl,Lessar,Fremea(probably),Misaki(probably)
May 31, 2013 12:29 PM

Oct 2008
Mugino is actually a playable and fully-voiced character in the Index PSP fighting game that came out more than two years ago. It's nice to see that she's reprising her role.
May 31, 2013 12:33 PM

Nov 2011
Actar said:
Mugino is actually a playable and fully-voiced character in the Index PSP fighting game that came out more than two years ago. It's nice to see that she's reprising her role.

Indeed. I find her voice great as well just as much as Fre nda
May 31, 2013 12:41 PM

Jul 2010
Hmm, thought I was hearing Mao from GJ-bu from Frenda. VA confirmed it. I will say I liked this episode. Good amount of action along with some funny/cute moments during the fight.
May 31, 2013 1:37 PM
Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
Actar said:

By the way, did anyone else notice that Mugino said Fre nda / Fren da when she was talking to her at the very end of the episode XD.
May 31, 2013 2:02 PM

Jun 2011
5\5 *q*
May 31, 2013 4:30 PM

Oct 2012
Loved the episode.
Just as good as the manga, or maybe even better. Loved Frenda's voice acting, it goes well with her playful nature. Also, loved Mugino's voice.

Misaka was awesome. She was going easy on Frenda.
Next episode is gonna be great. Two level 5s fighting...
Meltdowner vs. Railgun!!!
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
May 31, 2013 6:59 PM
May 2012
This episode was very intriguing, much better than last weeks. Intense fights, can't wait for next week!!!!
Mikoto!!

May 31, 2013 7:02 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Today's episode was fabulously electrifying.
May 31, 2013 7:11 PM

Mar 2012
dniv said:
Stark700 said:
Actar said:

By the way, did anyone else notice that Mugino said Fre nda / Fren da when she was talking to her at the very end of the episode XD.

Haha. I heard that. Makes me wanna go all out with the Fre|nda jokes but I think I'll just go half-way instead.

BTW, did any of the novel readers notice the irony of this statement?

May 31, 2013 7:26 PM
Jul 2012
^ She also says that in the novels, that they're her pride as a woman.
May 31, 2013 7:34 PM

Mar 2012
CallMeIshmael said:
^ She also says that in the novels, that they're her pride as a woman.

I know. She said that in the manga as well. I was just pointing out how ironic those lines were, especially for novel readers.

May 31, 2013 7:35 PM

Aug 2012
This episode was fantastic, they completely blew out the first season with this. 10/10 episode can't wait until next week

May 31, 2013 8:15 PM

Jul 2009
aw yeah.
NEXT EP
5V5
May 31, 2013 8:22 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
What an amazingly electrifying episode...

Frenda is voiced by Maaya Uchida! Ahahaha! Can't stop smiling every time I hear her speak! :'D I keep imagining Rikka Takanashi or Ma-chan in her place! x) Man, her voice acting for Frenda is perfect! So cute! :D

Two level 5's will face off in next episode? I can't wait for this!!
May 31, 2013 8:41 PM

Aug 2012
Damn good fight, and great voice acting for Frenda.
May 31, 2013 8:50 PM
Sep 2012
If only she work with shinobu, she won't attack wrong facility
May 31, 2013 8:51 PM
Aug 2010
CreationBreaker said:
dniv said:
Stark700 said:
Actar said:

Haha. I heard that. Makes me wanna go all out with the Fre|nda jokes but I think I'll just go half-way instead.

BTW, did any of the novel readers notice the irony of this statement?

Thought the same, the irony.

I don't like Kinuhata's voice it feels different form what I imagined from her character. Meanwhile everyone else in ITEM has great VA, I love Frenda voice.
May 31, 2013 8:58 PM
Jul 2012
CreationBreaker said:

I know. She said that in the manga as well. I was just pointing out how ironic those lines were, especially for novel readers.

My bad.

In other matters, Frenda/Academy City are sometimes pretty old school - her explosive/fuse tape could be made with the first type of motion picture film (nitrocellulose based, not in use anymore because of said explosiveness/flammability) and some double sided tape (or something).
May 31, 2013 8:58 PM

May 2011
What a great episode with some really nice fight scenes. And oh boy it looks like there's gonna be an even bigger one next episode, I can't wait! Especially with how strong that leader looks in the OP.

Frenda is just so cute and fun to watch. Loved her character the moment I saw her. And dat de-hee face... so adorable.
May 31, 2013 9:02 PM

Jan 2011
episode was hype Fight was almost the whole episode but i didn't want it to end!

love Frenda but i was seriously wondering when she would run out of bombs in that skirt she was pretty good at CQC

Was pretty funny when Misaka reference people putting bombs in small toys (from the mall in S1).
May 31, 2013 9:12 PM
Mar 2013
Out of curiosity, since I'm sure this isn't revealed at all in railgun s and won't be revealed. Was the woman we heard talking to ITEM the voice for
I'm pretty sure she is usually the one doing these things which is why I ask. It would interesting to know whether or not that will be her voice in season 3/4/5 whenever she first appears.

Also, next episode is AIM stalker. It isn't 5/5 it is 3 including a level 5 versus 1 level 5. You're thinking of episode 10 when it's 5/5. But next episode will probably still be amazing though anyway, but everyone I think is most looking forward to episode 10 this season.
May 31, 2013 9:14 PM
Oct 2010
Nice episode.

Gotta love the idiots that think they are being discrete with the spoilers.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2013

371 by proxima16 »»
Jan 25, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by nanajp »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by nanajp »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by nanajp »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.