Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 1, 2013 4:40 AM

Sep 2008
Ridiculous amount of cliches.
Focus on childish themes, such as the power of friendship.
Everyone's reactions to anything remotely sexual. They act like a bunch of middle schoolers in sex ed, perhaps even worse.
Harems, particularly when the lead has no interesting qualities that could justify their popularity.
Excessive fanservice.
Completely evil characters. People are not actually that evil (most of the time).
Jun 1, 2013 4:44 AM

Sep 2012
Having to wait a week for an ongoing anime that you're in love with
Jun 1, 2013 4:45 AM

Apr 2010
Exaccus said:
Worst thing about animes.

Their fandoms.
Durbikins said:
The fans.

+1
Jun 1, 2013 4:52 AM

Dec 2012
Dumbass said:
Exaccus said:
Worst thing about animes.

Their fandoms.
Durbikins said:
The fans.

+1
Jun 1, 2013 4:57 AM

May 2012
When it's too obvious that the heroes are in no real danger. Oh no, will the protagonist make it out of this one unscathed? Well seeing as we're on episode 7 of a 25-episode series, I have a hunch he'll be fine.

Other than that, complete deus ex machinas make me want to slam my face against a wall. It's especially bad when it's the ending to a series.
Jun 1, 2013 5:01 AM

Oct 2011
scabab said:
The worst thing about anime is the over sexulization of it and the sheer amount of male members on this site with a little girl as their profile image giving everyone proof that anime is for weirdos.

Because a picture of Goku fighting Superman is what all the normal folks should go for.
PolychromeJun 1, 2013 9:10 AM
Jun 1, 2013 6:23 AM

May 2013
Polychrome said:
scabab said:
The worst thing about anime is the over sexulization of it and the sheer amount of male members on this site with a little girl as their profile image giving everyone proof that anime is for weirdos.

Because a picture of Goku fighting Superman is what all the normal folks go for.
That's another thing. I don't think the word normal should be used. To be honest, what is normal? It's a horrible word.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Jun 1, 2013 6:28 AM

Nov 2012
Diran-kun said:
Polychrome said:
scabab said:

Because a picture of Goku fighting Superman is what all the normal folks go for.
That's another thing. I don't think the word normal should be used. To be honest, what is normal? It's a horrible word.

The dictating of what you should be doing according to general societal opinion.

Jun 1, 2013 6:42 AM

Feb 2012
lolis
if you disagree with what i say, feel free to comment on my profile. in all likelihood, i won't come back to this thread.

Jun 1, 2013 7:26 AM

May 2013
Serobix said:
Sekirei and pure engagement good endings :D

neither of those ended, they always leave it open for a next season and ill be god damn furious if I don't get it. I freaking love the show.
Jun 1, 2013 8:25 AM

Sep 2011
RyugaHellsing said:
lolis

Japan will sue you.

Jun 1, 2013 8:55 AM
May 2012
Oh yeah, some of the episodes in most of anime ended up in cliffhanger till it never mentioned again without any explanation whatsoever (I remember when Psycho-pass had done this before).

Kslate23 said:
neither of those ended, they always leave it open for a next season and ill be god damn furious if I don't get it.

Same here.
Jun 1, 2013 9:03 AM

Apr 2011
MyAnimeList.net
Jun 1, 2013 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
wuggums47 said:
The whole Moe Genre. K-ON! Lucky Star, etc. Take away the Moe from the show, and all you've got is crap. Here's my artists rendition of what K-ON would be without moe.
[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/eaaa86546aece55ea90fc5edd721116e/tumblr_mkx09htktL1qce4ado1_400.jpg[img]

You have no idea what 'moe' means, I could go into detail but that would just get me banned from MAL.

scabab said:

I would rather be a weirdo than somebody with bad taste in anime.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jun 1, 2013 9:47 AM

May 2013
scabab said:
Did you even think that through? Yes, because people who don't even have an idea on what Anime is visit this sight to look at males' pictures, without even knowing their gender, to assume that they are weird.
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Jun 1, 2013 9:53 AM

May 2013
I hate it when the main character does every single thing in the anime
Jun 1, 2013 10:41 AM

Jan 2011
1. When animes end in a cliffhanger (Umineko, 07 Ghost, Fairy Tail etc.)
2. Weeaboos and Otakus. Ruining the image of anime fans since...
3. The word 'overrated'. I believe in tv shows 'overhyped' and 'underhyped' exist but the word 'overrated' is overrated itself
4. Pathetic male characters (Shinji Ikari, Yukiteru Amano, Souichi Negishi types)
Jun 1, 2013 10:46 AM

Dec 2011
When the good anime are too short and the bad anime are long.
Jun 1, 2013 2:39 PM

Feb 2013
Too much fanservice. It can be disappointing when an emotional scene is ruined by a panty shot or something. Sadly, these are more prominent in Shounen, which is my favorite type....but it happens in Shoujo too. Like when

I also really dislike when the male protagonists/love interests in Shoujo are really cold and have absolutely nothing that hints their affections for the main girl, but randomly decide they love them without even giving good excuses why. Tsundere's are fine, but when a character is just plain out cold and keeps rejecting them the entire time, I can't stand it. Especially if the main female keeps insisting.
Jun 1, 2013 3:05 PM

Aug 2008
The worst thing (aside from yaoi, yuri and all that crap) is people saying 'animes'. Oh wait...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 1, 2013 3:48 PM
Feb 2012
Those who watch moe and feel the compulsive need to denounce it at all costs. Fucking disgusting uncultured swines.
Jun 1, 2013 4:24 PM

May 2013
EmeraldSlate said:
Those who watch moe and feel the compulsive need to denounce it at all costs. Fucking disgusting uncultured swines.

You and I are going to get along wonderfully
Jun 1, 2013 5:31 PM

May 2012
For me is the lack of long fights. Most fights are short as hell in most anime. I like long fights like the ones in DBZ that take like 20 episode to finish.
Jun 1, 2013 5:33 PM
Apr 2013
Mascots.
Jun 2, 2013 7:35 PM
May 2012
cliffhangers & loose ends but never happen again which it's unfair.
Jun 2, 2013 7:49 PM

Jul 2010
minshady97 said:
3. The word 'overrated'. I believe in tv shows 'overhyped' and 'underhyped' exist but the word 'overrated' is overrated itself
4. Pathetic male characters (Shinji Ikari, Yukiteru Amano, Souichi Negishi types)

Agreeing with your points here. Yep.

I could also throw in the "over-sexualization" thing. Though I believe you should know what you're getting into before you watch a show and then hate on it for the echhi tones, I do feel that there are many series out there where the "sexy" crotch- and boob-shots etc, could be deemed as unnecessary.
Jun 2, 2013 7:50 PM

Sep 2012
The masochistic mindset that the majority of producers and writers seem to have when writing main characters.
Jun 2, 2013 8:21 PM

May 2013
Miaquamarine said:
minshady97 said:

Agreeing with your points here. Yep.

I could also throw in the "over-sexualization" thing. Though I believe you should know what you're getting into before you watch a show and then hate on it for the echhi tones, I do feel that there are many series out there where the "sexy" crotch- and boob-shots etc, could be deemed as unnecessary.

You mean shows like "High School of the Dead". It would have been a better show if they didn't overwhelm the viewer with fan service.
Jun 2, 2013 8:28 PM

May 2013
I just hate it when someone has bigger breasts than the main character. It's stupid.
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Jun 2, 2013 9:15 PM

Sep 2012
1) When they start a season, such as Air Gear then basically ended/left it open. I fell in love with it, and heart broken of no more akito/agito ; ; </3
2) I understand you can't follow the manga hand have to finish it for closure like Soul Eater/Claymore for example, but wtf at horrible endings or lame boss finish fights >.> feel let down.
2.5) Basically the same as 2, just really let down endings, rushed major fights.

3) Don't get me wrong, most guys and I, we like big boobs, but when they are too big, that's all i can see. The jiggle, jiggle.....jiggle......jiggle... Wha..what? What's up?.....*giggle*....jiggle jiggle
You get the jist lolz
Jun 2, 2013 9:20 PM
Apr 2012
Fillers.
Jun 2, 2013 9:32 PM

Aug 2012
Shows that constantly rotate between serious/dark and comedic/lighthearted for no apparent reason. A recent example is Date a Live. I have no idea what this show is trying to accomplish.

It's different if a show takes a permanent 180, like the Rosario + Vampire manga.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jun 2, 2013 9:34 PM

May 2013
pokmonmaster said:

3) Don't get me wrong, most guys and I, we like big boobs, but when they are too big, that's all i can see. The jiggle, jiggle.....jiggle......jiggle... Wha..what? What's up?.....*giggle*....jiggle jiggle
You get the jist lolz
That's what I was trying to say. Why do they need to be so big? It makes the whole thing look so stupid.
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Jun 2, 2013 9:35 PM

Sep 2012
Fricking Suzuka, it ended without much good things happening. Apparently in the manga there's sex, marriage and nips slips. Joy....
Jun 2, 2013 10:17 PM

Aug 2012
Here's a new one: Weeaboo dubs--dubs that keep Japanese honorifics and the like. You thought some random girl on Youtube saying "Onii-chan" is bad? Try an actual voice actress in an official US English dub.

Every single dub I have seen that does this kind of stuff is from Sentai Filmworks. This is the biggest reason why I always rag on Sentai's dubs.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jun 2, 2013 11:04 PM

Apr 2012
typical main character (male) from harem anime
Jun 3, 2013 1:39 AM

Jun 2013
ENORMOUS BOOOOOOOBS
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

93 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
3 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

77 by Strayfe »»
5 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

39 by Salty_Cookie »»
5 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - Apr 25

11 by Timeline_man »»
19 minutes ago

» Do you have any special memories from the anime fandom?

RobertBobert - Today

7 by jestyn »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.