Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
May 27, 2013 2:47 AM

Jul 2010
DaWizard said:
I actually didn't even notice the stills. I guess i was just so engaged

exactly!
May 27, 2013 2:49 AM

Mar 2013
DLASKJDKSJD DEM FEEEEELS ~ :'D

and omg cant wait for the next episode~
Its time to shine~ 'RIVAILLEEEEEEEEEEEE <3333 (*//////*)
May 27, 2013 2:51 AM

Jan 2012
MEsoJD said:
DaWizard said:
I actually didn't even notice the stills. I guess i was just so engaged

exactly!

If you didn't this episode I'm sorry but I have to say you must be borderline blind, or watching with your brain switched off, it hadn't broke my immersion until this episode either. It did seem they didn't hide the stills quite as well as the have done previously though. I'm still enjoying the show I'm just hoping we don't get a drop in quality.
May 27, 2013 3:19 AM

Apr 2011
May 27, 2013 4:40 AM

Jun 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
Kuro_Tenshi16 said:
Did anyone else feel that they were turning on him because he can turn into a titan. Besides his friends

Is it that he "turns" into a Titan, or because the Titans seem to incorporate humans when they eat them, Eren, because of the injection his father gave him, has the ability to "take over" the Titans that consume him, sort of like a virus. In that Titan's don't seem to have too much intelligence, if Eren could retain his consciousness he is able to impose his will over the hunger dominating the other composite humans.

If so, then you have a pretty interesting variation on the "War of the Worlds" theme, except humanity is the virus.

I think that injection simply helped Eren keep his wishes and mentality while being a Titan but all humans are turning into titans. It's quite obvious now why the only part the kills a Titan is behind his neck if you saw where Eren emerged out of.
It seems that when they cut that part what they are actually doing is killing the human inside. That part is a little like the cockpit in a way and the Titan bodies are like big flesh mobile suites that rule the mind of the pilot.
Quite a thought provoking problem for humanity when they realize that they are killing their people every time they hit the back of the neck of a Titan.
The good news is that this episode showed that the Titans can't actually regenerate endlessly. The body Eren was using started to deteriorate after too much damage. So if you cause enough continues damage a Titan will not be able to keep regenerating non stop and will die down spitting the human outside like it did with Eren but unfortunately the humans don't have the luxury to just hit them until the non-regenerating point comes to save their people from inside.
May 27, 2013 4:50 AM

Jan 2013
MEanimaniac1 said:
GodlyKyon said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
JustALEX said:
Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a three way between Armin, Mikasa, and Eren.

And since Armin is the way he is, I'm sure both Mikasa and Eren will have their way with him.

Goddamn....Why is this doujin not made yet??!?!

Give it time.
Whats a doujin?

Doujinshi, fan made hentai manga...basically.

Doujin literally means 'people with the same interest'... so doujinshi is 'publication made by doujin group'. It doesn't always mean hentai manga. Have you watched Hyouka? Hyouka(not the animation title, but the book) in the anime is doujinshi too.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
May 27, 2013 4:52 AM
Apr 2013
I have a problem with the theory that all titans are humans. No this is because when the titan burns why is there not a human body left behind. I see where people get the idea though but i just don't see that being the fact.
May 27, 2013 4:57 AM

Aug 2009
Monad said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Kuro_Tenshi16 said:
Did anyone else feel that they were turning on him because he can turn into a titan. Besides his friends

Is it that he "turns" into a Titan, or because the Titans seem to incorporate humans when they eat them, Eren, because of the injection his father gave him, has the ability to "take over" the Titans that consume him, sort of like a virus. In that Titan's don't seem to have too much intelligence, if Eren could retain his consciousness he is able to impose his will over the hunger dominating the other composite humans.

If so, then you have a pretty interesting variation on the "War of the Worlds" theme, except humanity is the virus.

I think that injection simply helped Eren keep his wishes and mentality while being a Titan but all humans are turning into titans. It's quite obvious now why the only part the kills a Titan is behind his neck if you saw where Eren emerged out of.
It seems that when they cut that part what they are actually doing is killing the human inside. That part is a little like the cockpit in a way and the Titan bodies are like big flesh mobile suites that rule the mind of the pilot.
Quite a thought provoking problem for humanity when they realize that they are killing their people every time they hit the back of the neck of a Titan.
The good news is that this episode showed that the Titans can't actually regenerate endlessly. The body Eren was using started to deteriorate after too much damage. So if you cause enough continues damage a Titan will not be able to keep regenerating non stop and will die down spitting the human outside like it did with Eren but unfortunately the humans don't have the luxury to just hit them until the non-regenerating point comes to save their people from inside.

Spoiler from the manga
ssjokgMay 27, 2013 5:12 AM
May 27, 2013 4:58 AM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:
Monad said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Kuro_Tenshi16 said:

Spoiler from the manga

May 27, 2013 5:02 AM

Aug 2009
Amarrez said:
ssjokg said:
Monad said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Kuro_Tenshi16 said:

Spoiler from the manga

I still cant see it happening.The soldiers must have been really blind to not notice them not to mention that α
May 27, 2013 5:03 AM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:
Amarrez said:
ssjokg said:
Monad said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Kuro_Tenshi16 said:

Spoiler from the manga

I still cant see it happening.The soldiers must have been really blind to not notice them not to mention that α

May 27, 2013 6:12 AM

Mar 2009
Finally getting to the good stuff. I love the action scenes and the OST. Looking forward to seeing more 3D gear scenes.
May 27, 2013 6:15 AM

Sep 2011
Amarrez said:
ssjokg said:
Amarrez said:
ssjokg said:
Monad said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Kuro_Tenshi16 said:

Spoiler from the manga

So did I, its because of that that
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
May 27, 2013 9:27 AM
Jan 2013
Tyestor said:
STILLS, BOXING TOUMAN, KEIKAKU DOORI, MOETENA, BASED IG, MIKASA TEARS, EOTEREN, SO MANY STILLS.

I rate this episode igmusthavespentmostoftheirbudgetonboxingtouman/10.

I knew he be back.
May 27, 2013 9:50 AM

Dec 2012
Wow i loved this episode. But it raised so much questions in my head, like damn! Glad that eren is back, that kid is such a bad-ass. Can't wait till episode 9 !
May 27, 2013 11:14 AM

Feb 2013
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SOOOOO HAPPY!!
I just knew that Titan had something to do with Eren!! I'm soooo glad he's back!
May 27, 2013 12:02 PM

Aug 2008
I liked the 7th episode way better than I liked this one. It is not necessarily a bad episode, but it is not as good as the other one. At least, as far as I am concerned.

The anime's popularity may start to lower, I am afraid. It wasn't anything spectacular in this episode, if I think about it. Of course, there was some action and the story kept up its steps: there was the boom moment which is bond to make us want to watch more and stick our eyes in the image. But even though I may suppose the scenes from this episode were made to make us boom in excitement, I didn't. I agree it could have been unexpected for Eren to appear -with both hands and legs he didn't have when the big santa titan ate him... and now here he is, out of a titan's body! the titan is turning to dust, Eren's heart is not beating, everyone is sad and surprised, everyone is afraid. Is Eren dead? Mikasa cries.
Well, these are those kind of details that are bond to make the watcher feel thrills in his toes. I didn't, even though I consider the episode to be quite ok, it didn't transmit me any particular sweet or sad or whatever else -feeling.

I expect the new episode to be better than this one :)
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
May 27, 2013 12:12 PM

Apr 2008
Teh said:
I liked the 7th episode way better than I liked this one. It is not necessarily a bad episode, but it is not as good as the other one. At least, as far as I am concerned.

The anime's popularity may start to lower, I am afraid. It wasn't anything spectacular in this episode, if I think about it. Of course, there was some action and the story kept up its steps: there was the boom moment which is bond to make us want to watch more and stick our eyes in the image. But even though I may suppose the scenes from this episode were made to make us boom in excitement, I didn't. I agree it could have been unexpected for Eren to appear -with both hands and legs he didn't have when the big santa titan ate him... and now here he is, out of a titan's body! the titan is turning to dust, Eren's heart is not beating, everyone is sad and surprised, everyone is afraid. Is Eren dead? Mikasa cries.
Well, these are those kind of details that are bond to make the watcher feel thrills in his toes. I didn't, even though I consider the episode to be quite ok, it didn't transmit me any particular sweet or sad or whatever else -feeling.

Either you need to get your hearing checked or you're an advanced level of troll
May 27, 2013 12:23 PM

Jan 2013
Can't wait for the next episode, fckng Levy going to fck shit up.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 27, 2013 12:28 PM

Nov 2007
I've been told that this week there won't be a new episode.
Is this true?

I kind of hold a small event in my steam group to watch it with a couple of people, and I kinda need to know. :P
May 27, 2013 12:38 PM

Oct 2012
ranma5 said:
I've been told that this week there won't be a new episode.
Is this true?

I kind of hold a small event in my steam group to watch it with a couple of people, and I kinda need to know. :P
I don't see it being postphoned anytime soon.
May 27, 2013 12:49 PM

Oct 2007
I feel like there has to be a very good explanation for this development, or I'll be pretty disappointed by this anime. I haven't read the manga, but I was very impressed by the first 7 episodes and the somewhat realistic and depressing plot development. It may yet turn out to be great, but this episode felt a bit too anticlimactic and cliché for me. Still good though, just not spectacular.
May 27, 2013 1:22 PM

Feb 2012
It was clear that Eren would come back but still... holy shit. Can't wait for the next episode which will hopefully explain something.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
May 27, 2013 1:27 PM

Aug 2009
Teh said:

I dont even...Even in the manga where we have no sound at all it is obvious that Mikasa hears his heart.She cries because guess what...people cry when they are extremely relieved and/or happy.
May 27, 2013 1:42 PM

Jul 2010
I don't care about stills but this episode was awesome!!!
So much blood and punching was a winner.
Mikasa in the last scene almost made me cry ahhhhhhh T^T
At least Eren's heart beat sounded.
RosyXkidMay 27, 2013 1:58 PM
May 27, 2013 1:42 PM
Apr 2013
Teh said:

........ , what the ef- did i just read?
May 27, 2013 1:50 PM

Nov 2011
ssjokg said:
I dont even...Even in the manga where we have no sound at all it is obvious that Mikasa hears his heart.She cries because guess what...people cry when they are extremely relieved and/or happy.

Not to mention that she was suppressing her own emotions about Eren's death. When Armin told her he expected her to break down (and so did we) but instead she was still all business because the battle was still going on. Seeing him alive just broke her emotional dam. It was a great moment for her character after the episode where we see her backstory with Eren.
May 27, 2013 2:05 PM

Jan 2012
neontaster said:
ssjokg said:

Not to mention that she was suppressing her own emotions about Eren's death. When Armin told her he expected her to break down (and so did we) but instead she was still all business because the battle was still going on. Seeing him alive just broke her emotional dam. It was a great moment for her character after the episode where we see her backstory with Eren.

I see everyone bashing this guy for asking if Eren is still alive or not. It does seem like he misinterpreted the heartbeat scene but it's still a pretty legit question regardless of that
May 27, 2013 2:18 PM

Aug 2009
ReasonDesu said:
neontaster said:
ssjokg said:

I see everyone bashing this guy for asking if Eren is still alive or not. It does seem like he misinterpreted the heartbeat scene but it's still a pretty legit question regardless of that

How can you misinterpret this?
With sound we have the obvious sound of a heart beating.Not to mention the bass (if you have it high).
Even if you had no sound,Armin caring about his leg and arm while Eren is dead a few centimeters next to him makes no sense whatsoever.
May 27, 2013 2:22 PM

Jan 2012
ssjokg said:

With sound we have the obvious sound of a heart beating.Not to mention the bass (if you have it high).
Even if you had no sound,Armin caring about his leg and arm while Eren is dead a few centimeters next to him makes no sense whatsoever.

Yeah I do admit it was pretty hard thing to manage :P Like you or someone else said I even got this clearly from the manga without sound. It is pretty obvious he had a heartbeat, but whether he is alive and/or human is questionable still.
May 27, 2013 2:28 PM

Sep 2012
sadly a friend had spoiled me on what the giant fighting kyoujin was,
BUT still this was an amazing episode,

seeing Sasha all epic and saving her teammate when the Battle of Trost first started gave me high expectations.

but then now,seeing her cry over the moe titan, im like is she really as strong as i thought she was?
May 27, 2013 2:34 PM

Oct 2010
ReasonDesu said:
ssjokg said:

Yeah I do admit it was pretty hard thing to manage :P Like you or someone else said I even got this clearly from the manga without sound. It is pretty obvious he had a heartbeat, but whether he is alive and/or human is questionable still.

I once saw people saying Shepard breathing in one of the endings of Mass Effect 3 wasn't enough proof he was alive....So i guess anything is possible on the internet O_o
May 27, 2013 2:39 PM

Jan 2012
DassJennir said:

Yeah I do admit it was pretty hard thing to manage :P Like you or someone else said I even got this clearly from the manga without sound. It is pretty obvious he had a heartbeat, but whether he is alive and/or human is questionable still. I once saw people saying Shepard breathing in one of the endings of Mass Effect 3 wasn't enough proof he was alive....So i guess anything is possible on the internet O_o

Well it wouldn't take much over-imagination to think he isn't actually human or living anymore, he was just walking around as a 15m thai boxer after being bitten to pieces. I don't want to spoil next episode but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to doubt such a situation.
May 27, 2013 2:46 PM

Jul 2011
zombiepika said:
seeing Sasha all epic and saving her teammate when the Battle of Trost first started gave me high expectations.

but then now,seeing her cry over the moe titan, im like is she really as strong as i thought she was?

She is indeed strong, she just was scared this time
May 27, 2013 3:35 PM

Apr 2008
ReasonDesu said:
DassJennir said:

Yeah I do admit it was pretty hard thing to manage :P Like you or someone else said I even got this clearly from the manga without sound. It is pretty obvious he had a heartbeat, but whether he is alive and/or human is questionable still. I once saw people saying Shepard breathing in one of the endings of Mass Effect 3 wasn't enough proof he was alive....So i guess anything is possible on the internet O_o

Well it wouldn't take much over-imagination to think he isn't actually human or living anymore, he was just walking around as a 15m thai boxer after being bitten to pieces. I don't want to spoil next episode but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to doubt such a situation.

There is the freakin sound of his heart beating in the anime. That's kinda you know IMPOSSIBLE to miss.
May 27, 2013 3:39 PM

Jan 2012
Darklight0303 said:

There is the freakin sound of his heart beating in the anime. That's kinda you know IMPOSSIBLE to miss.

ReasonDesu said:

Yeah I do admit it was pretty hard thing to manage :P Like you or someone else said I even got this clearly from the manga without sound.

I guess reading is hard for some people, it wasn't even me who said that.
May 27, 2013 4:22 PM

Feb 2011
Damn I knew that titan was Eren but still that suspense waiting to see if it was really him or not. At least there were fewer deaths this episode lol. Armin is gunna be the top strategist but damn cant wait to see the explanation in the next episode. Oh and Eren = the boy who lived haha.

May 27, 2013 4:41 PM

Feb 2013
Knew: That titan was Eren.
Didn't know: titans = mecha
Also: The stills on the stairs scene felt out of place.
May 27, 2013 4:44 PM

Aug 2011
We all knew that was coming lol. I have different ideas in my head to the mystery behind the titans and Eren's situation... hope I don't get spoiled by the internet. I'm going to avoid Shingeki no Kyojin discussion like the plague.
May 27, 2013 7:09 PM

May 2011
Man, titan Eren has just the most beautiful hair, so glossy! xD;;; I had some good laughs when it was running around hitting and punting the other titans.

Amusement intentional or otherwise aside, another round of badass. Armin had some crazy amazing plans and it was a good thing there were people around who could pull off moves like that.
May 27, 2013 7:15 PM

Mar 2012
BurntJelly said:
Knew: That titan was Eren.
Didn't know: titans = mecha
Also: The stills on the stairs scene felt out of place.

I don't mind the stills as those are unimportant scenes.
As long as they save those money for more epic actions scenes.
May 27, 2013 7:39 PM

Jul 2010
Amarrez said:
The author of this manga likes to foreshadow things very subtly, sometimes through moments that seem comedic.

Here's an example from episode 3, which is very suspicious once you know how Titans heal (note the steam).

The foreshadowing is definitely not flung in your face before the fact in this show, you actually have to look.

Wow, didn't notice that. +1 You have a good eye.
May 27, 2013 8:22 PM

Jan 2013
This was such an epic episode! It's been a while since an anime has gotten me this hyped up (I should really mix in more action anime). Along with the incredible OST this is just an amazing show.

Armin is more suited as a strategist than a fighter and he's been able to get them to HQ and to safety. Mikasa continues to be the strongest leader and fighter. I think she's my favorite character right now. I was so happy that she was able to see Eren again and that he's still alive.

Eren going beserk on the Titans was soo epic!
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 27, 2013 9:04 PM

Apr 2009
Forgetfulness said:
Akanezora said:
Amarrez said:
The author of this manga likes to foreshadow things very subtly, sometimes through moments that seem comedic.

Here's an example from episode 3, which is very suspicious once you know how Titans heal (note the steam).

The foreshadowing is definitely not flung in your face before the fact in this show, you actually have to look.

Wow, didn't notice that. +1 You have a good eye.

I'm don't think that's the case sure that's not the case since
1. Eren was probably not a Titan at that time
2. The steam isn't shown in other injuries
3. He just hit his head. He doesn't have an open wound or something

But maybe you're right. I certainly don't know what the steam could be from o_o

He was a titan then. He received his injection before going to training camp. The steam isn't instantaneous, his head started steaming quite a while after receiving the injury, that's why you didn't see it when he lost his leg.

Also, if he hit his head so hard he needed bandages, he would have bled. Titan blood that leaves the body eventually evaporates into steam.
May 27, 2013 9:44 PM

Jan 2013
As a non reader when Eren got eaten earlier I was like O_o WHATTTTTTTT! And then he pops out of that Titan and I'm thinking holy fucking shit!

This anime is amazing
May 27, 2013 10:57 PM

Mar 2012
Oh man, I was on vacation for the weekend and didn't get to watch this episode until just now.

Pretty damn good ep, and this is coming from someone who has read the manga. I don't mind the stills and I honestly didn't think they were noticeable enough to detract from the episode's quality.
May 28, 2013 12:11 AM
Apr 2013
Zhou said:
I want to know how many non readers saw the twist at the end coming.

i haven't read but i kinda knew that titan had something to do with eren especially after mikasa said that line that went something like "it embodies humanity's rage"
but I almost cried i love eren so much such a relief to have him back T__________T
water-chestnutJun 2, 2013 8:32 PM
May 28, 2013 1:09 AM

Aug 2010
Finally a show that kills off the annoying brat. But noo...dammit.
Pages (20) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1553 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 12:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.