Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
May 29, 2013 12:59 PM
Apr 2013
symbv said:
"We cannot solve the problem, but we can eliminate the problem"
I must say the idea from Hachiman is crazy yet impressive (and somehow "works" in its own way) that only a loner with a sharp insight into the many aspects of unreasonableness in human relationships could come up.

And for a moment I thought the anime was animated by SHAFT lol

oh you noticed too,i thought oregairu animated by shaft but after i check it was not

seems kinda look alike
-RealDeal-May 29, 2013 1:07 PM
May 29, 2013 4:38 PM

May 2011
Loved seeing everybody in their swimsuits and cosplays. Yui looked terrific showing off some skin and Yukino's outfits really matched her cuteness. It was great to hear some more monologues by Hikki again and although his plan was pretty harsh and Rumi is still alone, it was pretty neat to watch. Lol at the law of gravititty and Yukino being aware about her chest size.

Can't wait to see this delve more into Yukino's problems.
May 29, 2013 5:49 PM
Nov 2012
Its just too damn sad to watch hachiman lol. So lonely. 5/5
May 30, 2013 2:43 PM

Apr 2012
This show has really surprised me. There's an unexpected level of insight into how people relate to each other, specially the nature of "fitting in" society. The problem in real life of course is that to be like Hachiman you have to possess incredible mental fortitude and a true sense of self reliance.

I didn't expect the twist that it was Yukino's car that hit Hachiman. I wonder what comes out of that situation.

Hayato, who we know had a previous acquaintance with Yukino, dropped some interesting hints about a girl worrying about hachiman. I assume it's Yukino and that it's related to the accident.

On a ligher note, while all the girls looked beautiful, Shizuka-sensei blew them all out of the water. What a babe. What a babe.
May 30, 2013 11:45 PM

Jan 2013
btw, that easily excitable blonde guy, Kakeru Tobe. Is he really a delinquent? His performance felt kinda forced and over-the-top in this episode. Kinda different from the usual delinquent act.
May 31, 2013 12:06 AM
Oct 2012
this might sound absurd to some, but seeing this episode, the way yukino is portrayed and her family as well it almost reminds me of masuzu and her family
May 31, 2013 10:00 AM

Apr 2011
Naoki-Saten said:
btw, that easily excitable blonde guy, Kakeru Tobe. Is he really a delinquent? His performance felt kinda forced and over-the-top in this episode. Kinda different from the usual delinquent act.

Nope as far as I know he is just popular member of football team.

Sherps said:
this might sound absurd to some, but seeing this episode, the way yukino is portrayed and her family as well it almost reminds me of masuzu and her family

Yes it indeed sound absurd. Masuzu is shameless liar, Yukino is (with single exeption) always brutaly honest. Their sisters are also opposite. I can't realy judge rest of their family though.

Tenzen12May 31, 2013 10:11 AM
May 31, 2013 2:08 PM

Oct 2011
Holy shit that was just evil. That plan at the end, I mean. I was laughing my ass off thinking "How is everyone okay with this!?" The kids are like fucking 9 years old.
May 31, 2013 4:09 PM

Jan 2013
DEMOLITION_D said:
Holy shit that was just evil. That plan at the end, I mean. I was laughing my ass off thinking "How is everyone okay with this!?" The kids are like fucking 9 years old.

9 years old yet they already perfectly understand the concept of mobbing. Hachiman and the others merely split up a group that could not stay together unless they made someone else suffer, thus preventing them from giving Rumi a hard time (now and in middle school).

It was a bit of a gamble but since nobody got traumatized, it turned out just fine.
May 31, 2013 8:35 PM
Dec 2012
Another amazing episode.
Kudos to a well made high school anime
Jun 1, 2013 5:09 AM
Nov 2011
what was his sister trying to say with the phrase hine-chan ? Anyone know?

The conversation about the number of friends that carry on to school is right on the money from my experience at least. A lot of people I considered friends, were just acquaintances with similar interests, few if any of them have stayed in touch with me much at all past high school, which is part of the reason I'm a little like the MC in this one aspect, except I actually was more like Yui or the girl rururmi here. I wanted those friends, badly but it turned out the friendships I thought I even had were just shallow.
VeretaxJun 1, 2013 5:17 AM
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Jun 1, 2013 7:34 AM

Jan 2013
I don't know if this is the case with most people or not, but I didn't actually learn what a real friendship was like until college. Up through high school, you are forced to be around a certain group of people, and I think you make the best of the circumstances. I'm sure some people make lifelong friends in high school, but my experience was basically getting along with most people and hanging out with some people who shared my interests.

It wasn't until I really had the freedom to choose whether or not to associate with someone that I found people I would go out of my way for.
Jun 1, 2013 10:55 AM

Apr 2011
it's funny how that car incident is related the 3 main characters
Jun 1, 2013 11:05 AM
Jun 2013
Valaskjalf said:
it's funny how that car incident is related the 3 main characters

Actually it's the reason why they met up in the first place.
Jun 2, 2013 2:11 AM

Apr 2011
That's not reason why Hikki met Yukino. So no.
Jun 3, 2013 5:03 PM

Jan 2011
This show is so clever, I really have to pay attention to make sure I don't miss out on things which have a different meaning that what one would think at first sight. I'm looking forward to more of this, it's getting quite interesting.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 5, 2013 10:08 AM

Jul 2009
I love when they make the main girl, not a boob monster.

it's rather refreshing.

and QUITE LITERALLY THAT IS THE NAME OF THEM
having the ability to slap someone with their breasts is really weird.

Anyways

Great episode, started watching for the trap, stayed for the hachiman
Jun 8, 2013 3:19 PM

Apr 2013
Hikki did a good job by coming up with this plan. Wonder whats going to happen next.
Jun 11, 2013 1:37 AM

Feb 2010
WindGodGuy said:
reimu cameo !

Lol no, looks much more different than Reimu's miko outfit. If she got the hair bands then it would be more similar.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2013 7:52 AM

Sep 2010
Hachiman is now confirmed gay.
Jun 14, 2013 11:30 AM

Sep 2009
I have a weird feeling that Yui will confessed to Hachiman and she will be rejected!!! ><
I hope I'm wrong..

Anyway, that was the best solution you come up with Hachiman! ^^
Jun 20, 2013 9:30 PM

Nov 2008
I had a feeling that those three were connected somehow, I just didn't expect it to be this way.

Anyway, it was a great episode and even though the little girl did make any friends, it gave this whole situation an aura of "real ness" so it was nice.
Jun 23, 2013 4:05 AM

Jul 2009
Just re-watched this episode to confirm about Hayama's relationship to Yukinoshita, is there any possibilities Hayama is actually in love with Yukinoshita? or is it guilt because of what happened in their elementary school?

I just realized a couple hints in the episode, when Hayama said "No wonder she look out to you.." or when Hayama told Hikki if Hikki entered the same elementary school would they be friend? IDK i think it's a rival declaration from Hayama

Oh well just some random thoughts
Jul 4, 2013 9:36 PM

Sep 2011
Eh... very interesting episode.
Jul 19, 2013 7:32 AM
Apr 2011
They all have to go back to the island.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Aug 1, 2013 2:08 PM

May 2012
Interesting episode especially that ending, so in a way they're all connected! The scene they played out was rather interesting and of course some nice swimsuits! Lets see what's next!
Aug 3, 2013 5:13 PM

Apr 2012
So Hikki is beginning to put together the pieces of the puzzles... interesting.

Also, I'm curious as to what the relationship between the teacher and Yukino's sister is.
Aug 12, 2013 10:02 PM

Feb 2012
Hachiman!! oh my gosh, Saika is cute and i just feels weird ; )

great episode, this is one of the best animes i've watched lately
Sep 8, 2013 7:56 PM

May 2011
Some good developments.

Sounds like Hayama could have been a loner when he was in elementary school and changed as he grew up. And was he referring to Yukino when he said "she" while talking to Hikki? I wonder how their relationship will be going forward.

Each episode gets better and better with how they dive into the social life of kids ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2013 11:19 AM

Aug 2007
I hope those kids don't develop some anxiety disorder ahaha.
It was an effective way to deal with them, nonetheless.

Also, Yui in a demon outfit trying to be hardcore was adorbs xD

Dec 15, 2013 7:37 AM

Dec 2012
"I'm honestly scared that I'll end up going straight down the Totsuka route." I'm glad I'm not the only one who treats life like it's a visual novel.
"The overall balance should be considered, not just one part..."duh-doi, Yukinon's ratios are perfect, I don't need no whale tits.
"I'm not really sure, but it's cute, so I figured whatever!" said every girl ever.
"Onii-chan is such a hinedere" Imouto is such a closet otaku.
"I'm betting on the possibility that they'll all band together to solve it themselves." ever the (raking) optimist. Too bad.

Imagine making two new friends (maybe the most you've ever had) only to find that both are responsible for sending you to the hospital. That kind of evidence is too overwhelming to be brushed off as coincidental.
Dec 16, 2013 4:04 AM
Aug 2013
After people have made the reference, I am now seeing Hikki more and more as Batman in a weird way lol
Jan 4, 2014 12:06 PM

Aug 2012
dat Yukinon head tilt <3

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Feb 6, 2014 4:49 PM

Jul 2013
The obligatory swimsuit scene has finally arrived!

It's ok Hachiman. I'd probably also go down the Saika route as fast as possible. That trap is too good..
Feb 27, 2014 9:43 PM

Jun 2013
That fucking cliffhanger

Apr 16, 2014 6:36 PM

Feb 2013
Everyone in the swimsuits were so HNNG! Don't worry Yukino, you still look good even if you don't have that big of chest. Felt kinda bad for the little kid. That's pretty harsh to experience at that age. I honestly see that Hachiman can either end of with either Yui or Yukino or even reject both. It's pretty even.
May 14, 2014 2:43 PM

Oct 2013
That shaft head tilt is real
little sisters swimsuit >.>
drama intesifies
deathnote reference
[/quote]
Jun 17, 2014 5:17 PM

Dec 2009
This episode made me really uncomfortable...
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 14, 2014 2:43 PM

Dec 2012
Lmao Hachiman and his obsession with Saika

Incredible episode <3
Dec 7, 2014 4:30 PM

Feb 2014
Ahh Hachiman your plan went well. Looks like Yukino isn't happy about her mother being back.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Jan 18, 2015 9:47 AM

Dec 2009
A lot of plot points hit this episode.

Hayato and Hachiman think in two different ways. I wonder if what Hayato said was the truth, maybe if they did go to the same middle school things would have been different. It's interesting that for a guy who says he is a loner, he has good associations with other people such as Hayato and Totsuka.

The girl shows that she is not another Hachiman. Unlike Hachiman she still is willing to help others. On second thought, she is very much like Hachiman. Hachi is willing to help others in the service club and this club is basically a thankless job. His willingness to act for others is reflected in this girl. Perhaps it is another Hachi in the making, but that may not necessarily be a bad thing. The truth is everyone can't be friends with everyone. This anime does a good job of that.

Finally the big one. Yukino's car was the car that hit Hachiman. Now I understand the speech Yukino gave in episode 6. There should be no hatred between Hachi and Yui because there should be a mutual anger at Yukino. In essence it was her being the catalyst that caused this whole situation with Hachi. I'm sure it wouldn't be any different, Hachi is Hachi. But this is going to come up again, and hopefully not in an explosive way.
Jan 27, 2015 2:03 PM

Jun 2014
Now we figure out Yukino's car was the one that hit Hikky. The original trio were fated to meet.

Mar 24, 2015 2:30 PM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Really enjoyable series. That fanservice felt unnecessary but whatever I already have dealt with it. I'm starting to like Hachiman monologues
Mar 24, 2015 8:17 PM

Jun 2013
Brilliant plan, Hikigaya. I love his logic and monologue.
At the end, he finally learned whose car it was that hit him over.
The execution was excellent.
Mar 31, 2015 6:08 AM

Dec 2013
Yay for bikinis and yay for Yui's costume.

This is definitely a unique anime. Never imagined a situation would be "resolved" like that. But I really liked it.

Interested in learning about Yukino's family now.

Also dat preview!
Apr 4, 2015 2:13 AM

Sep 2014
Finally!.. Finally I found at least one guy who doesn't scream or run away when he sees girls in swimsuits , same goes to girls, doesn't hide anything.. ^^

Not bad , all three related to that car accident.

Great episode
Apr 11, 2015 2:34 AM

Dec 2010
I thought Hikigaya is more genre-savvy than to not see the girls in the river coming, haha.

Yumiko and Kakeru make great gang members, I want more of them in this theme, lol.

Anyways, another good ending.
Apr 25, 2015 2:01 PM

Aug 2010
Hmm so the accident will play a bigger role than I thought??

As usual, Hikki's monologues are interesting

I'm supporting Hikki X Yukinon LOL XD
May 6, 2015 8:46 AM

Feb 2014
New development. So It seems Yukino, Yui, and Hachiman were all connected before being in the Service Club. The majority was just fanservice, pretty unnecessary imo, but the second half was okay.

May 8, 2015 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
The narrative has once again highlighted the great ability of the protagonist to make a great and accurate analysis of the problem, failing to build an antidote to defeat evil, so if you can define.
And even show how in reality the valiant not ever receive praise, because their elements acting in the shadows.
This amazing story and intriguing at times, one of which is when Hayama pronunciation of certain words referring to the Hikki.
Good also the construction that gradually takes shape in relationships between Hachiman, Yui and Yukinon.
The teacher never fails even this time to demonstrate how fun it is. The clash between Yuki and Yumi marks a point in favor of the latter, now we're even.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

421 by Remurst »»
Apr 14, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

239 by phuchaitt3 »»
Mar 18, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2013

375 by CrunchyRoles »»
Mar 7, 10:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.