Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 23, 2013 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dat swimsuits~

Aww, poor Yukinon..

Fun episode imo. The girls looked great in their outfits. I thought Yukinon looked cute as well. Kawaii. Oh and I thought Komachi in a neko outfit was HHHHHGGG, cute as well.

KinetaJun 26, 2013 10:42 AM
May 23, 2013 9:55 AM
Dec 2012
Did Hachiman want to be kissed by Saika? lol The first half was full of fanservice. The second half was deep again and his solution was effective, which brought a very interesting development.
May 23, 2013 10:34 AM

Nov 2007
This show is brilliant. The atmosphere is great. Both Yui and Yukino are incredibly cute but the ending...Hachiman has finally learned whose car it was than ran him over. This will be an interesting development.

Also DAT PREVIEW! Oh god Yui is going to kill me.
May 23, 2013 11:24 AM
Dec 2012
game8910 said:
Hachiman has finally learned whose car it was than ran him over .

Yes, he IDed the car.
May 23, 2013 2:26 PM

Nov 2007
Swimming suit ep. near the river. + cosplay ep. that thought it should be scary because "kimo dameshi".

The parents who forces their child to make friends even if they cannot anymore is too painful. That's why I abhor this kind of action by the parents.

Wow, it's was scary in different sense. Even the guy who is usually nice is mean. Because of that she's ignoring him.

Everyone is related even the older sister and the teacher. So that car...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 23, 2013 2:48 PM

Apr 2013
The video motion is poor atm,I cant see the episode even raw........or it is just me that on gogo and anime44 the video is moving extremely spiked?
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 23, 2013 2:58 PM
Apr 2013
6/5 episode.
May 23, 2013 8:23 PM

Mar 2012
it was a good solution, but you may get sued if u use in reality, on account of traumatizing young girls anyway
May 23, 2013 9:29 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode. I gotta admit I was a little shocked that this was how they decided to settle on things, but I think the author was quite thoughtful for coming up with what Hikigaya did. Man, as anti-social and cynical Hikigaya is, he's becoming really endearing, to everyone too. I wish this was a two-cour, but oh well.

Andyis said:
it was a good solution, but you may get sued if u use in reality, on account of traumatizing young girls anyway

Well, you have to keep in mind that these are elementary school kids who're threatened retribution by high school students if they tell anybody. And kids are extremely gullible to threats, unfortunately.
May 23, 2013 11:46 PM

May 2012
Awesome episode. I love how this episode relaxes you into the show and then gets all deep.

And Totsuka route is obviously best route.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
May 23, 2013 11:46 PM

Aug 2010
This ep was really good.

The beginning with Saika was just toooo much WIN! Tooo cute <3 (no homo :P)
And Hikki reactions were so lol XD

And I just feel more and more for Hikki. First with the girl in elemenatry school and then the Jenga thing XD

Lol'd When his eyes were being drawn to Yui's swimsuit XD

Yukino being embarrassed about her size was soooooooooo cute.

The acting out the villain part was really nicely done. Really cruel plan there but it did what it was supposed to.

Finally we'll soon be seeing more about Yukino's past. Can't wait.

And for that pv it seems nxt ep is YuixHikki?
Barion-ZaraMay 24, 2013 12:11 AM
May 23, 2013 11:58 PM

Jan 2013
yeah lets enter the Totsuka route!!!
hikki reactions were the same as mine's haha

May 24, 2013 12:10 AM

Sep 2012
Why does Totsuka have to be a boy T_T
LOL @ Yukino.. Pettan is okay imo XD
onepineMay 24, 2013 12:16 AM
May 24, 2013 12:23 AM

Sep 2012
Freaking amazing episode. Next episode going to be good.
May 24, 2013 12:26 AM

Jun 2012
Oh gawd Totsuka!!!!! Imouto is great too

Dang that's harsh what they did to the kids, my favorite part about the plan though was it explored more of Hayama. He's always been a trope on surface but more deeper down. The plot's thickening with Yukino, her sis, and Sensei!
May 24, 2013 12:30 AM

Jan 2011
Why is this show so fucking good?! Another awesome episode. Hikigaya makes this show a lot more enjoyable and more unique for its romantic comedy genre. Hikigaya's method to try and help Tsurumi was great although it still left her being a loner. It's sad to see Tsurumi not thanking or even saying hi to Hikigaya though.

Finally Hikigaya realises that the car that hit Hikigaya on his first day of high school was Yukino's. The monologue before the ED and the dialogue at the end, oh my god... Next episode is going to be so good!
May 24, 2013 12:34 AM

Jan 2011
h4x0rz said:
6/5 episode.

Yea, amazing how far this show went considering how it started.
Score up to 10/10 after this episode.
Plot, supports, atmosphere, it has it all. Also the MC, simply amazing.
AlexGKMay 24, 2013 12:38 AM
May 24, 2013 12:36 AM
Sep 2012
reimu cameo !

May 24, 2013 12:36 AM
Jan 2013
HOLYFUCK its That Car that hit Hachiman O.o also Hachiman goes emo again next ep and that girl might confess :D god i love this anime <3
May 24, 2013 12:42 AM

Sep 2012
No exchange of words of gratitude when she walks past Hiki, damn that tension.
So when Hayama said 'she' was watching over him, then that means Yukino was probably always watching Hiki from the classroom after that accident. That is some pretty interesting development.
egnaro15May 24, 2013 12:50 AM
May 24, 2013 1:01 AM

Apr 2013
wow a really great episode. the plan was amazing hikigaya is really smart for coming up with that. still felt bad the girl didnt realise he made that plan up for her >.< wouldve loved to see her thank him. but o well and wow learning more about his accident. cant wait for more
May 24, 2013 1:03 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
Interesting development.
Though it played out unexpectedly.
May 24, 2013 1:21 AM
Aug 2011
Welp they were all part of that accident with the dog. Oh okay.

Honestly those kids were boring, I didn't care for them one bit.
At least I got some cute Saika moments.
May 24, 2013 1:29 AM

Nov 2011
It's crazy how they were all linked from the very beginning.

Interesting to see Hayame's development too, so he was pretty much like Hikigaya assumed him to be(at least being ignorant to the bullying) and although he seems chummy with him now, admitted that if they had met before, probably would have avoided him.

I'm kind of disappointed the whole elementary kid issue wasn't resolved on a better note. I had expected the girls to praise Rumi as their hero, but instead she is still the loner and the 4 girls had become awkward with one another.

I'm glad we're done with that though, I wasn't too interested in that whole summer camp trip, but now with what's to come I'm really getting curious.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 24, 2013 1:40 AM

Jul 2012
I wonder if Hachiman will get stuck in his delusions and do something to his favorite trap Saika before the end of the series... :p

*edit
ahh wow I had thought the girl with the silver hair in his class was the one in the car in the beginning with how she acted early on.
lanfireMay 24, 2013 2:04 AM
May 24, 2013 1:55 AM

Feb 2013
Decent episode loved that ending though. Hachiman was hit by Yukino's car was a surprise to me. Also the next episode sounds like it's going to be good.
~ El Psy Congroo~

May 24, 2013 2:01 AM

Nov 2009
I'm wondering what he meant with " Yukino and i would not meet again". But all by all it was a decent episode. I'm almost certain there wont be any sort of "romance" in the end. Just doesn't feel like it.
May 24, 2013 2:03 AM

Oct 2008
wait...not meet yukino again???? i hope this is just a 'not meet her for 1 episode' kind of thing. because she is by far the best female character in the show
May 24, 2013 2:04 AM

May 2012
Good ep.
But, need better animators, as usual.

Hinachan so cute.
ShirubaasouruMay 24, 2013 2:09 AM
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 24, 2013 2:06 AM

Sep 2009
Loved the episode. Now I'm wondering if Yukino asked Sensei to make Hachiman enroll in her club, so that she can help with his problems.

Also, looking at the ending of the episode, maybe Hachiman is going to distance himself again from Yukino this time, if he made the same conclusion I did.
May 24, 2013 2:11 AM

May 2013
Next episode will be good. Wanna see how it turns out after reading the summary.

Also, ep 9 title.
May 24, 2013 2:24 AM

Dec 2012
Why do I get the feeling Yukino's mum is a huge bitch...
May 24, 2013 2:29 AM

Feb 2013
Nice episode, I love how in the end he's all alone. Can't wait for the next one.
May 24, 2013 2:32 AM
Feb 2013
Oh my god, it was Yukino's car that hit Hachiman o_o. And damn, the last monologue makes me want to watch the next episode immediately.
May 24, 2013 2:39 AM
Jan 2011
These episodes start out light but then end deep. Like the episode he found out about Yui. It looks like Hachiman was smart enough to figure it out again. So he returns back to his original path. And how old is Yukino's sister that they had the same teacher?
May 24, 2013 2:41 AM

Nov 2012
better and better every episode, never thought I'd love this show so much
May 24, 2013 2:44 AM
Jan 2011
slieky said:
I'm wondering what he meant with " Yukino and i would not meet again". But all by all it was a decent episode. I'm almost certain there wont be any sort of "romance" in the end. Just doesn't feel like it.

He said the three of them didn't meet again that summer break.
May 24, 2013 2:47 AM
Jan 2011
nesfe said:
Loved the episode. Now I'm wondering if Yukino asked Sensei to make Hachiman enroll in her club, so that she can help with his problems.

Also, looking at the ending of the episode, maybe Hachiman is going to distance himself again from Yukino this time, if he made the same conclusion I did.

The episode titles give it away. So yea he will distance himself from Yukino. I figured it would be some big reveal with the title ""One Day They Will All Know The Truth".
May 24, 2013 2:58 AM

Sep 2010
The plot is getting better with every episode. Really enjoyable. I wonder what will happen in terms of a potential relationship among our main three.

You rock Hachiman!
May 24, 2013 3:06 AM

Apr 2012
My goodness! Saika wake me up as well!
Lol at hachiman unable to dodge his stare at yui's swimsuit.
Yukino! pettan is ok! no problem!
Second half was kinda intense, hachiman's way of terminating their friendships was seriously effective knowing their is no other way. He could at least got some kind of thank you from Rumi. on that note the preeschool are all bitches to me.
The scene where hachiman realised that it was the car that hit him was... somewhat WOW to me and he was kind enough not to tell yui it was.
Next ep!!! my gosh with this development im looking really forward to it! (Also someone said they had a feeling yukinon's mother is a bitch. I got that feeling too.)
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
May 24, 2013 3:19 AM

Mar 2010
wait since the teacher seems to know yukino and her sister, could it be possible that the reason she forced hachiman into the volunteer's club was so that yukino can "look over him"( like what hayama was saying earlier in the episode ) because she was guilty about running him over? or at least thats what hachiman will think.
May 24, 2013 3:23 AM

Oct 2012
Interesting way to deal with the problem and Hachiman's monologues are as good as ever.

Seem's like everyone is involved in this car accident in one way or another. Next episode is going to be a tense one again from the looks of it. This series just seems to get better and better.
May 24, 2013 3:26 AM

Apr 2013
Ragix said:

I'm kind of disappointed the whole elementary kid issue wasn't resolved on a better note. I had expected the girls to praise Rumi as their hero, but instead she is still the loner and the 4 girls had become awkward with one another.

I, on the other hand, actually "kinda" liked how they dealt with it. They preserved the idea of a "harsh" world. Not everyone would get right out chummy with the other one just because they did something good for them once especially if they were not in good terms. (many) People are stubborn and prideful. If it was resolved that easily, it would appear cheap. I really love how they keep interactions to a realistic level. :D

though it's still sad :(
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
May 24, 2013 3:27 AM

Jul 2012
batossai said:
wait since the teacher seems to know yukino and her sister, could it be possible that the reason she forced hachiman into the volunteer's club was so that yukino can "look over him"( like what hayama was saying earlier in the episode ) because she was guilty about running him over? or at least thats what hachiman will think.

I would have to think something is up between them with her sister knowing the teacher also.
May 24, 2013 3:38 AM

Apr 2013
Oreki Hotarou - master of preserving energy
Katsuragi Keima - mastered the 2D realm and does not give a fuck about the real world
and finally...
Hikigaya Hachiman - mastered the ways of a loner

can anyone give me anime with MC's as awesome as this? XD
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
May 24, 2013 4:55 AM
Apr 2012
Loving this series more and more with each episode. Still wondering about the book Hachiman picked up a couple episodes back. They don't meet again through summer huh? Yui episode next!
May 24, 2013 4:59 AM

Dec 2011
I really love Hikigaya's thinking.

And... I so did not expect this. The car that bumped him while he saved Yui's dog is Yukinoshita's car! The story sure is getting deep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2013 5:00 AM

May 2008
Hayato seems to have some past i would really like to know about. Also this show is amazing loving it more and more every episode.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 24, 2013 5:09 AM
Nov 2012
well for now it feels like he is no longer a loner..
he has got his first friend at least.. since he let him saika get in on his phone >.<
even accept to play tennis with him :I
but its kinda obvious that the show is supposed to go this way :)
May 24, 2013 5:23 AM

May 2013
While other protagonist is so cliche on this loniliness issue, Hachiman's method is so unique...

For me this is Yahari is strong candidate for best slice-of-life anime....
「相対性理論って、とってもロマンチックって、とっても切ないものだね。」~牧瀬紅莉栖~
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

421 by Remurst »»
Apr 14, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

239 by phuchaitt3 »»
Mar 18, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2013

375 by CrunchyRoles »»
Mar 7, 10:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.