Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 11, 2012 7:52 PM

Nov 2011
I got depressed after Ergo Proxy because I didn't like it all too much. After Clannad, I was a little depressed as well. It seems that I get depressed either when an anime is really good or bad(imo of course).

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Feb 11, 2012 9:20 PM

Dec 2011
Always crying when the very last ending of a sad anime comes up...
T^T

Feb 12, 2012 2:50 AM

Feb 2012
I get more depressed when a series I like has a crap ending
Feb 14, 2012 6:49 PM

Nov 2011
Never watch School Days, Air, and Welcome to the NHK within the same week. Well, School Days was a bit more creepy. The movie of Air seems more depressing though.
Feb 14, 2012 9:31 PM
Feb 2012
this happens to me for shows that have a really close-knit cast that makes you feel like part of their circle, like Haganai, Maid-sama, and Ouran. Having the show end is like accepting that a friend is moving away. Just gotta watch other shows and then everything's normal again.

i'm also going to miss shows like one piece and shana when they end just because they're so good.
Feb 14, 2012 9:57 PM

Jul 2011
Clannad AS... I felt like crap for a good week or 2 cus i knew the story dug a deep hole inside me didn't want to leave. Ohh my god i wanna watch it again now!
Feb 15, 2012 2:05 AM

Apr 2011
Clannad After Story... Angel Beats... sooo sad :\
Feb 15, 2012 3:07 AM

Nov 2011
Khaoscontrol said:
Never watch School Days, Air, and Welcome to the NHK within the same week. Well, School Days was a bit more creepy. The movie of Air seems more depressing though.

I can only imagine the violent swings of emotion that you went through...
Feb 15, 2012 3:25 AM

Dec 2011
SeraVerte said:
Khaoscontrol said:

I can only imagine the violent swings of emotion that you went through...

Oh, no you can't imagine it.... Only if you try something similar than you can.... :P

As for me...

Never watch Clannad (both seasons) and Air in one week.... You will be heartbroken... Add Bleach to that which brings in adrenalin and Another which scares you.... phew, emotions all over the place :D
akutasame94Feb 15, 2012 3:29 AM
Feb 15, 2012 7:20 AM

Dec 2011
SilentMelodies said:
EquivXchange said:
Clannad AS is quite depressing, but the one that really hit hard for me was Ano Hana X'(.

Weird, after watching AnoHana, nothing changed about me. Nothing at all.

I'll never understand how people say it's sadder than Clannad.

For me it was the
that hit me hard. I still can't listen to Secret Base without feeling like crap.

That said, the Kotomi arc of Clannad is up there too.
Feb 15, 2012 7:55 AM

Jun 2010
ill have to agree with the above about the kotomi arc in clannad. that got to me more because i know what thats like. the end of angel beats really got to me too. when everybody went on and the last part between tachibana and otonashi really made my heart sink. every time i listen to "In My Arms" and "I Made It" by Dead by April, i think of that last bit. i also didnt want angel beats to end and that attributed to the sadness. hearing everybody else's story would've been cool but i think that wouldve a number of episodes to cover it. kanon also had that effect on me but i think that one is complete the way it is.
Feb 15, 2012 9:57 AM

Apr 2011
Darker than black at both seasons and the special,and code geass the second season.

Feb 15, 2012 11:36 AM

Jan 2012
Aneeshrokz said:
Kurozuka and FMA the movie, well I just wished Ed would've ended up with Winry.

Watch Brotherhood XD

There was a few out there, I felt bad about Air's ending, and the very ending of Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom.

Oh and InuYasha, when I was kid I loved that series, then it just up and ended in the middle of the Journey, wtf? But then last year I heard that there was the Final Act, so I rewatched the entire series and Final Act!
Feb 15, 2012 11:41 AM

Sep 2011
That's me after I finished Gunslinger Girl. It was soooo good!!! :(
Mar 10, 2012 3:20 PM

Dec 2008
I just finish Prince Of Tennis 2 hehe... Now they have new seasons.. :)
(^.^) Huh~~~~
Mar 10, 2012 3:31 PM
Feb 2010
i dont remember to find my self depressed cause of an anime story , hmmm the most hard rocking anime story (overall aspects , from kills till rapes :S:S:S ) was basilisk , i was a little depressed after the end of basilisk , maybe thrilled.

Exept Basilsk i was depressed and still am cause of anime series that didnt have a sequel ( countless times searched for hints and info to increase my hope for sequel but nothing...

Some of those series are :

1. D.gray man
2. Darker than black ( need more seasons )
3. Code geass ofc
4. Vampire knight( still need this one )
5. ghost 7

and more ..

Another reason to go in depressed mode is when i cant find simular series ( same theme ) to anime which i like.

mah jong theme ( + i need more akagi )
simular to mah jong ( Go board game - hikaru no go )

Exept simular anime series i was also depressed cause those series didnt have another seasons :(

+ agreed with leoruthion on Prince of Tennis ( i hope another season will come soon - exept the one already airing :P )
Mar 10, 2012 7:07 PM

Apr 2011
I felt like this with Death Note, Gurren Lagann, FMA Brotherhood, Haruhi, and Code Geass, all of which were in my first ten or so anime.

But the anime that hit me worst of all was Toradora. I was reduced to a wreck after finishing it (yes, I did see the part after the credits). It was such a great anime, and I simply was depressed that I would never see anything with these characters again (not including the random bento episode that came out last month). I resorted to rewatching several episodes and the best bits, and I felt generally down until over a week later until I started watching Black Lagoon. And all was well.
Mar 10, 2012 7:09 PM

Feb 2011
Just finished watching Sora no Woto, it was alright. Made me feel like : "I'mma go watch something awesome now."
Mar 10, 2012 7:20 PM
Sep 2008
I doubt it was the most extreme case, but I marathoned through Gungrave on Netflix this week and hoo boy, those final two episodes are a doozy. I went for a long walk after finishing that.

The show did such a great job in making all the characters likable; even after all the evil and unforgivable stuff Harry did, I still cared about him through to the very end.

Seriously though, if you guys haven't seen it already I highly recommend it. It's more or less Goodfellas in anime form with a touch of Devil May Cry added in.
Mar 10, 2012 8:55 PM
Feb 2012
Code Geass at the end with Nunnally, still get all teary eyed.
Mar 10, 2012 9:59 PM

Feb 2012
lol I STILL haven't watched the last few of Full Metal Panic? Second Raid
I might now that they are doing more books and another season seems possible.
Mar 11, 2012 9:11 AM

Apr 2008
I do..especially when I am watching a really good anime and it ends...then it's like what now? But usually I find an anime that I enjoy just as much and start watching that, so it's not like it's a bad thing...
Mar 11, 2012 10:12 AM

Mar 2010
death note was kinda depressing ending
Mar 11, 2012 10:45 AM

Jan 2011
The only thing depressing is when a good anime or manga comes to an end.
Mar 11, 2012 10:59 AM

Sep 2011
When I finished Madoka Magica a few nights ago, I was bawling my eyes out. Everytime I thought about what Madoka had done, I felt my heart sink down into my feet and I had to curl myself up in a little fetal position and play the Clannad OST at full blast for at least two hours until I finally fell asleep and woke up again only to cry again for another 15 minutes.

That shit hit me hard.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Mar 11, 2012 11:28 AM

Jan 2012
Shinryuken said:
death note was kinda depressing ending

Heck yeah it is. I didn't expect it to end that way.

-LovelyTsundere said:
When I finished Madoka Magica a few nights ago, I was bawling my eyes out. Everytime I thought about what Madoka had done, I felt my heart sink down into my feet and I had to curl myself up in a little fetal position and play the Clannad OST at full blast for at least two hours until I finally fell asleep and woke up again only to cry again for another 15 minutes.

That shit hit me hard.

I didn't cry(don't remember any specific part where I was supposed to cry). But it did depress the hell outta me to the point where I had to rewatch it, otherwise I would have lost my freaking mind.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2012 4:24 PM

Jan 2012
The better the show, The harder it is to cope with the fact that it is over and you are likely not to watch another such masterpiece for a while.
Mar 11, 2012 8:48 PM
Mar 2012
For me, it was Angel Beats, Elfen Lied, and Death Note. Wish there was more to the ending for Angel Beats and Elfen Lied T.T I wanted Light to live but he ended up dying...
Mar 11, 2012 8:49 PM

Nov 2011
I felt depressed after Witchblade recently :x
Mar 16, 2012 4:38 PM

Jan 2011
I think this pseudo-'state of depression' comes from an incomplete catharsis, which leaves some residual emotions from the euphoric upwelling of feelings. To cope with it, I just rewatch the series until it goes away and the feeling usually dissipates after my third rewatch.

tl;dr - Rewatch the series until you can't QQ moar.
Everything needs more fanservice. Especially real life.
Mar 16, 2012 4:47 PM

Feb 2012
recheebts said:

But the anime that hit me worst of all was Toradora. I was reduced to a wreck after finishing it (yes, I did see the part after the credits). It was such a great anime, and I simply was depressed that I would never see anything with these characters again (not including the random bento episode that came out last month).

I finished Toradora at 4 am this morning. You put it better than I could have.
Mar 16, 2012 4:56 PM
Mar 2012
Something that really made me depressed was the last episode of Angel Beats. T__T
Mar 16, 2012 4:58 PM
Jul 2010
Two words
Ano hana.
Mar 16, 2012 5:15 PM

Dec 2011
angel beats was a happy ending. remember the context, people.
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.
Mar 16, 2012 5:42 PM
Apr 2010
Major.
Cuz I wanted more episodes.
Mar 16, 2012 7:36 PM

Feb 2011
Just finished Casshern Sins. Depressed because it's a depressing anime. Now do I want to be a masochist and start Technolyze I wonder . . .
Mar 18, 2012 5:32 PM

Jul 2010
I usually feel depressed when a good anime ends the so-so ones just leave me feeling thirsty and a bit hungry.
Mar 18, 2012 5:33 PM

Sep 2010
guess the biggest impact Ga-rei zero had on me so far:P
Mar 18, 2012 6:16 PM

Jul 2010
Did it make you hungry or thirsty?
Mar 18, 2012 6:30 PM

Jul 2011
Eckilsax said:
angel beats was a happy ending. remember the context, people.

>False logic.
Just because it was positive doesn't mean it wasn't sad...
The Internet is a very bad place, you should never go there.
Mar 18, 2012 6:47 PM

Dec 2011
For me,

-Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai (Just the atmosphere and the characters grabbed me, loved it)
-Hidan No Aria (I really loved the agent school idea, it could have expanded more!)
-Mayo Chiki (I wish there was more of it, totally enjoyed it)
-Steins;Gate (My Tuesdays are not the same anymore without it)
-To Aru Majutsu No Index series (Love the characters and the story, science and magic haven't even battled yet.)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2012 1:23 AM

Feb 2012
I got depressed after I finished watching Baccano! It was just so good, I didn't want it to end :'(
Mar 19, 2012 1:25 AM

Aug 2010
I finished LoGH yesterday.

Imagine how I currently feel

Mar 19, 2012 7:29 AM

Apr 2011
Beelzebub i know next week i will be depressed!!!! it stared with good story and ended with filler .
Mar 19, 2012 7:51 AM
Jul 2010
Now depressed after nisemonogatari ended because there is no Loli living in my shadow.
Mar 19, 2012 8:19 AM
Nov 2011
No. OP, you're the only one. Remember, "everything that has a beginning has an end."
Mar 19, 2012 4:13 PM

Mar 2012
I wouldnt say I felt depressed but, i did feel sad or say more reflective after finishing a few like Angel Beats, Steins Gate, Deathnote, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, Karin(surprisingly) and Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu. Also on a another note Im always sad when a Hellsing Ultimate episode ends as that means I have another 3 month wait at least untill the next 1 :(
Mar 19, 2012 4:24 PM
Jul 2010
ProdiGene said:
No. OP, you're the only one. Remember, "everything that has a beginning has an end."

Knowing such a thing does not simply make one immune.
Mar 19, 2012 5:08 PM

Dec 2011
This actually is a really interesting topic. Watching anime can be really depressing for me. I dont know why but after some times I feel pretty down. Maybe it has something to do with starring at a computer screen for more than a few hours : L
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Why is it that most Dragon Ball characters aren't all that popular on this site? Even Goku himself has only around 28000 favs, which isn't little, but... He IS Goku.

Arahnold - 7 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» Why do veteran weebs hate "casuals"?

Clovis - Apr 29

47 by Gensouori »»
10 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - Apr 25

12 by Serafos »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Who is your favorite imas secretary?

Shizuna - Yesterday

16 by alshu »»
20 minutes ago

» Wet dream: Dragon Ball manga with modern One Piece animation.

Arahnold - 30 minutes ago

2 by Serafos »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.