Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 14, 2009 5:59 AM

May 2009
I really liked this series!
I watched the anime first, and...it was great!
But when I read the manga, it was much better!
Still... I hope there is gonna be a season 3
~~I accept RFs~~
Jun 3, 2009 8:17 AM
Jun 2009
Basically, i hate the ending because i believe yuuki should seriously choose zero instead of k___. >:( yea i know this is super biased but i dont care cos i love ZEROOO!! xP felt so sad for him at the end....:'(
anw after reading many of the comments, im shall try reading the manga! Hope it makes me feel better..T-T
Jun 4, 2009 8:20 AM
Dec 2008
After reading all the posts in front about how bad the ending is and how short the fights are, I'll like to say 2 things:

1) This is a romance anime, not shounen like naruto or bleach. Stop complaining about how uninteresting the fights are.

2) There is room for further development of the story. Not sure how much, but I don't think the story ends here, since it would be so unsatisfying and irritating to not know what yuuki is thinking.

Now that that I've completed the series, I understand why there are people who dislike the anime when they found out about the relation between kaname and yuuki. Still, I'll say the story had been a very captivating one. It's rather sad to see how things are concluded in this season.

One thing I'm not sure of though: What are yuuki's real feelings? I find it puzzling that she had set her resolve to leave together with kaname, but at the end she still thinks of zero and wants him to chase after her. Doesn't seem like she left with kaname because she wanted to make up to him for the 10 years she had made him wait, but... hmm... Hopefully there'll be a 3rd season to resolve this issue, or I'll need to read the manga.

8/10
qseftJun 4, 2009 8:25 AM
Jul 22, 2009 1:42 AM

Apr 2009
lonehunter88 said:
instead of Zero's confession of love to Yuuki directly, Yuuki drank his blood and read his mind.. so unfair.. Zero was supposed to suck her blood, and then kiss yuuki! n then zero was like "oh ya i'll go and kill ya someday" and yuuki was "sure, i'll be waiting, darling" ???!!!!?????!???? ^^;; no offense, but Zero looks like a SUPER WEAKLING now.. and wat was that surprised look?? she already knows zero's decision from the very start.
in the manga, yuuki was supposed to say "If so, i'll run away, so that you'll have a reason to live on" all??

Please, can someone tell me from what chapter is that? I don't read the manga, but I want to read that ^^
I don't like this ending...I want 3rd season or OVA !
Jul 25, 2009 9:20 AM
Jul 2009
She didnt go with Zero what a shame so are they gona make a vampire knight 3 called something like nvm lol
Aug 14, 2009 2:26 PM

Aug 2009
I dunno why you guys hated the ending so bad? I thought it was pretty good.
Aug 18, 2009 4:54 AM
Jun 2008
nooo!!!! OMFG i so fuckin' hate this final!! there are like a thousand miles between the manga nd the anime!!! i mean i was especting a lot more! i think this anime was worth a 40something episode one!! i mean they could have made more emphasis on the history of each character to make it deeper.. but the part that really made me cry is the fact that yuuki goes with kaname... i mean.. during all he history he was like the most likely to be her couple and zero was the one who never told her what his feelings were so i espected that he would be hers ... so she leaves him alone!! and after all they have passed.. kaname would be happy with yuuki's decision no matter what it was so i espected kaname to stay with the chairman in the school and zero and yuuki to be together... this single episode screwed all the anime TT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TT im very sad TT~~~TT

is anybody with me D: ?!?!?!
Aug 18, 2009 5:07 AM

Jun 2009
Vamps was an incest creature...
Sep 4, 2009 11:18 PM

Jan 2009
that was horrible, i was thinking oh yeh this deserves a 10, but u gotta love how they kill anime.
Needs more Drill Hair.
Sep 20, 2009 8:58 AM

Oct 2008
FinestX said:
I dunno why you guys hated the ending so bad? I thought it was pretty good.

I guess because it was a KanamexYuuki ending?
Well, I love Kaname but I don't care about Yuuki, so it was a "whatever" ending for me here.
And the fight was "meh" just like in the Manga too.
bekeruMay 9, 2010 9:23 PM
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Oct 4, 2009 6:34 PM

Apr 2008
After the first season I was planing on reading the manga but I lost interest in this season's plot 2/10, I'm just glad it's finally over OVER!.
Oct 5, 2009 2:41 PM

Apr 2008
SERIOUSLY !? What the hell is wrong with the Japanese >_< Such great build up and because of that anticipation and expectation, zero drank blood of ichiru just so that he can shoot a laser beam that finishes off the so-called main villain from this season in just a second...

This was really a horrible ending, rating for this season went down for sure bcuz of it ...
Nov 27, 2009 11:54 AM

Jun 2009
Fairly good ending, no matter how you look at it. Haters seem to be nitpicking or are biased. That said, this series isn't all too special, while i enjoyed it for what it was.. don't feel it deserves more than a 7/10.
Nov 28, 2009 1:51 PM

Jul 2009
wtf? that was barely a fight, if you want to call it. that. He struck rido, and I was like"thats it, its over?" Well, at least they wrapped it up I guess. Now I definitely have to read the manga, it seems like they left quite a bit out according to everyone's reviews. I felt like the series could have been longer, like 25 episodes each season; but if they did that then it could also be watered down and strung out with an abundance of fillers. So, over all the series was good, could have been better. The fight was truly disappointing I'm just glad that she left with Kaname and they pretty much wrapped everything up. My opinion may change after reading the series, maybe I'll like Zero more.
Feb 3, 2010 11:13 AM

Jan 2010
Personally I did not care for the ending. Why does Zero have to kill Yuuki? I don't get that. And it was SO anticlimactic! The most dramatic part was when Ichiru died and even then I didn't really care about his character because we didn't get to know him that well. And then Zero just kills Rido with one shot?

Anyway... the first season was SO GOOD and the second season was a let down. The ending was rushed with very little (if any) closure. It left me frustrated not only because I want to continue with the story but because there wasn't enough of an explanation for any of it. P.S. Since when is it okay to marry your brother? This show was so good... and then Yuuki became a vampire.... LAME!

Part of me wants to read the manga to see if it will satisfy me and if the story is any better. The other part of me is just expecting to be disappointed again. I'll probably pick it up if I have free time. But it's not a priority.

Even though he wants to kill Yuuki (for some reason) Zero is still awesome and Kaname sucks! I <3 Zero forever!!!
Apr 8, 2010 6:40 AM

Feb 2010
well the i loved little yuki scenes, shes so cuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeee >.<! but i have one word after seeing VKG...... TWILIGHT!

LizzyLoves5 said:

. It left me frustrated not only because I want to continue with the story but because there wasn't enough of an explanation for any of it. P.S. Since when is it okay to marry your brother? This show was so good... and then Yuuki became a vampire.... LAME!

Well they aint human are they? They are purebloods which are already extremely rare and i guess marrying a non pure blood will result in a non pureblooded child. Well in human history, alot of royalty married siblings (though their children were rarely healthy for example Tutankhamen). I liked how Yuki became a vampire, though they didn't really explain it well and there were alot of canon mistakes throughout the series (at least in the anime) if they wanted to go with that idea.

I agree , I definitely wanted to continue with the story too >.<
ExfiniaApr 9, 2010 9:45 AM

Do you like or wish for the Otonashi X Tachibana Kanade pairing from Angel Beats? Or just love both characters?
Then Join the club ^^:The Otonashi X Tachibana Kanade Club

Apr 24, 2010 1:07 AM

Oct 2008
i hate yuki , i hate kaname...zero rocks though....this anime was mediocre to be honest..promised a lot , but fell apart really badly in the end....
May 2, 2010 10:30 PM
Nov 2008
Crappy ending. I dun want to hear VK because of that ending.
May 21, 2010 3:33 AM
Jun 2008
Neither season of this show was all that great. It took forever for the story to even have any kind of point to it. Then, the action was lame and Zero didn't even get the girl, she went off to be incestuous with her brother. Not cool, I can't believe I watched the whole thing. Guess I need to start reading the manga instead.
May 31, 2010 11:51 PM

Jul 2009
the episode is good i was surprise there alot of things they didn't mention in the manga and also the rido battle too it took them like 5 seconds and it was over and the fact i did not knew that zero and kaname had a battle tells me that i need to read the manga. again good episode but i wish they could have followed the manga instead :)
Jun 16, 2010 10:33 AM

Jun 2010
I'm taking a guess that the reason why the ending was a letdown what because of the date of the release. I think the anime finished it before the chapter, that it was supposed to coincide with, was published. I'm thinking they weren't able to get the author to fully tell them what happened in the end, so they had to think of something cliche-ish.
Regardless on which was better
HikariSakura321Jun 16, 2010 10:36 AM
Jun 29, 2010 4:35 AM

May 2010
Hmm. Wow, a lot of people hated the ending.

Tbh I MUCH preferred this season of VK. It felt less cliche, and built story and character depth.

The ending: Yeah now I think about it they should've made the fight longer. Everything felt a little rushed - and you're left a bit confused about Yuuki's real feelings. I think her going with Kaname made sense though.

I'd rate it 4/5 as an ending. *shrugs*
Jul 16, 2010 5:18 PM
Feb 2009
I wanted Zero x Yuuki
:[
that killed it for me x_x
Aug 15, 2010 4:52 PM

Nov 2009
poor Zero ='( Yuuki's gone =( and Zero has 2 kill her D= well anyway it was awesome how Zero killed Rido!!! im glad Zero killed him and not Kaname... i love his weapon =D lol i love how Hanabusa was like pick 1 and then he liked moved the 1 that didnt have it back... it was so cute and funny ^.^ omg i dont get y Yuuki doesnt LOVE Zero... if i jus got done drinking his blood and knowing his feelings i would be like ya im a vampire but i love you!!! hmm i loved the flashback with Yuuki and Kaname. . . lol and the chairman came out and was like messing off then serious hehe... and wow he forgot about the kids XD omg poor Yori!!! eh it almost made me cry in the end where Zero had the flashback vision thing with Yuuki holding every1 off... im gonna miss that D'=
Aug 31, 2010 7:10 PM

Oct 2009
huft...

bad ending.. Why.. Yuuki go with Kaname-senpai.. I prefer .. Yuuki with Zero..

Zero is better than Kaname-senpai after all..

Kya.. Zero-kun >.< sad ending...

I would like to see Zero-Yuuki Pair.. >.<

is there any sequel of this anime?

aaaaaaaa in the end .. i would like to see Zero-Yuuki >.<

Sep 26, 2010 5:17 PM

Apr 2010
T_T
Ichiru
Ichijo...what happened 2 him by the way?...they just made him disappear...wasn't much detail and the Rido fight wasn't that great...but...
eh
[Catchy, cool, insightful quote]
Oct 13, 2010 1:18 PM

May 2010
finshed it a while back, was really PO'ed there was no Zero & Yuuki kiss. ♥
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Oct 29, 2010 10:30 AM
Jun 2009
that ending was a letdown. VK was a fairly good series and i think it built a good foundation for VKG, which also started with a good momentum but the ending sucked!!!

what the hell is with rido dying that easily? he recovered for 10 years just to die like that? bummer.
the climax fell short. i think zero and ichiru's final confrontation had more substance than the final battle. and i don't even care for ichiru.

kaname didn't even have a descent fight scene and was left still as the enigma as he was introduced.
and whatever happened to ichijo? they found his sword, did he die? hope not.

and since i'm all for zero, i feel so bad for him. his twin dies and then the girl he loves turns out to be a vampire and leaves off with her vampire fiance/his rival. that killed it for me. zero was such a good character but he was left in the dust. too bad.

and what is up with the "i'll kill you-i'll be waiting" exchange between zero and yuuki? does she want to be killed? i thought he loves her since he let her go with kaname, why does he need to kill her? i don't get it. sorry.

probably the only good part of that final episode is the rimaxshiki moment, the two are cute together. oh and kaien cross because i like his character, provides comic relief yet kicks vampire ass.

still, the whole anime was fairly good, it kept me interested, i'll give it a 7/10. the ending was the only problem. it's rushed and left things hanging...
Nov 13, 2010 8:44 PM
Jul 2010
The ending suck that's all! FULL STOP.
Feb 23, 2011 2:13 AM

Oct 2008
Zzz.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 24, 2011 7:16 PM
Sep 2009
I hated it too. First I'm a Zero fan and he got the short end of the stick as always. Second (like everyone else) I though the fight sequence could have been a lot better.
Mar 4, 2011 12:20 PM

Aug 2010
Hopefully Zero Kills Yuki and Kaname.
Mar 4, 2011 12:36 PM

Apr 2010
Ragna92 said:

LMAO!!!
[Catchy, cool, insightful quote]
Apr 13, 2011 9:30 PM
Apr 2011
= = i hate the ending
i hate the fact yuuki and kaname is sibling
WHAT WITH THAT!!!
doesn't care them vampire or what Dx
i just cannot think the fact that them is SIBLING = =
*sobbing* yuuki x kaname is my fav couple to be honest T_________T
May 2, 2011 3:40 AM

Jan 2011
I wasn't expecting too much with the fight since this is shoujo, but come on that was the most anti climatic battle I've ever seen! This season was a bit of a let down, overall an average ending. At least Rima remained cute throughout.
ReaperCreeperOct 30, 2012 7:27 PM
Jun 8, 2011 7:39 AM

Mar 2011
Predictable and boring.
The battle(s) - boring.
The plot - decent.
The ending - what.
It doesn't make much sense, why build up the audiences hate for Kaname but then let him leave victorious? Some kind of deeper meaning or moral? Those that fail the most are those that try to be original. Truly a huge kick in the face.
- But hey, I guess the ending is good if you're into wincest.
Mr. Wonsworth, you may NOT eat my scones!
Jun 8, 2011 8:05 PM

May 2011
This ending blew.....Zero was the only one left alone and sad....makes me sad :[

Aug 5, 2011 8:22 PM

Mar 2008
I was thinking of giving this series an 8, but then the ending came and I had to lower it to 7. Anyway it pissess me off that she chose kaname over Zero. Yuki may be cute, but she's stupid as fuck.
Aug 15, 2011 10:07 PM

May 2011
Hell yes! My new favourite shoujo by far.

I really could care less about the differences from the manga, I've never read it and I'm not planning on it either. Kaname, Chairman Cross, Yagari, Aidou and ofcourse Yuuki were the stars of this season. Zero and Ichiru had their moments as well.

Chairman Cross is overpowered with his Katana. I love this guy's personality, especially when he's interacting with his boy Yagari LoL. Those guys made the show.

10/10
Aug 26, 2011 7:30 PM

Nov 2010
*facepalm* Oh... God. I could have sworn I would never have looked for this all way yaoi series since it's AWFUL. Hands down... I rather cry out for fanservice dammit can't believe there are so many people favoring for this...
Aug 26, 2011 7:35 PM

Mar 2011
Mikiel said:
This ending blew.....Zero was the only one left alone and sad....makes me sad :[

I know right? Did not like!! Only thing I can say is that they left it with an open ending, for a unlikely, yet possible season 3.
Nov 6, 2011 1:35 PM

Apr 2011
WTFFFFF kinda ending was that!? get me all worked up about zero and yuki, then she leaves him??! &gt;&lt; and jeez wtf kinda fight was that XD he didn't even put up a huge fight, zero was all like "IM FIRING MAA LAZOOORZ" and poof.. lol x.x anyways except for the ending (which sucked) the rest of the series was pretty good, they should make a season 3 to make up for such a crappy ending. :'(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2012 9:36 PM

Oct 2011
Personally.. I wanted her to end up with Kaname so that's a plus.

I kinda shipped Zero with the glasses girl, plus I knew that Zero and Yuuki could never have a decent life together once she reawakened.

Also, Kaname did so much for Yuuki it'd suck for her to just leave him like that. They also need to keep the purebred lineage going!

The last battle did suck though, but I'm content with the ending overall.

Feb 10, 2012 1:12 AM

Aug 2010
The ending was good. Yuuki stayed with Kaname, it doesn't matter with who she stays, but Kaname did much for her, as well did Zero, but Kaname is her brother and it's better this way that she stays with Kaname. Maybe there will be another season.
Mar 15, 2012 3:21 AM

Jun 2011
Rido was very disappointing to watch. After all that talk, he barely lasted 5 minutes against Zero, an ex-human.

The only good part was when Yuuki decided to go with Kaname.
Mar 26, 2012 7:54 PM
Mar 2012
why did yukki drink zeros blood can someone explain that whole senario that happened there plzzz!!! im confused
Mar 26, 2012 8:52 PM

Nov 2011
Did not like the ending but luckily we have a manga. Still, great series overall.
Apr 7, 2012 1:27 AM

Jul 2011
BOOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!!

i just wasted 24mins of my life
Apr 8, 2012 12:38 PM

Mar 2012
The ending may not be that good for everyone but if you'll look at the whole series it was good overall.. I guess they just rushed the ending that's why they didn't gave us a better fight, it only lasted for only 13 episodes after all..
Apr 8, 2012 3:14 PM
Mar 2012
why did yukki drink zeros blood can someone explain that whole senario that happened there plzzz!!! im confused
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 12 Discussion

lonehunter88 - Dec 22, 2008

46 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 7, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuemauricebackup - Dec 16, 2008

56 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 7, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lolz123 - Dec 10, 2008

50 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 1, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 9 Discussion

Kuemauricebackup - Dec 1, 2008

45 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 27, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rie - Nov 24, 2008

73 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 27, 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.