Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2008 7:24 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thor you little punk?!?! What is the point asking after nearly killing the guy?!?!!? It's sad to see that he was so easily manipulated by Third. Darn, Zagi was my favourite character, among the already relatively small cast :< ... But I'm pretty sure this is the first time we've seem older Thor in action, which was a plus.

Initially felt annoyed (and tbh a little creeped out :P) when Karin started kissing Zagi but she's loved him for a long time and (literally) only met Thor yesterday, so I could understand the conflicting feelings. Even if she was mistaken, her interpretation of why Zagi killed her made it kinda bitter sweet. :(
nehnehnejiDec 28, 2008 7:30 PM
Feb 15, 2009 3:42 PM

Jun 2008
Well I was happy when Karen died :D
I really hated her.

From the first time I saw the Third I knew he was up to something. Next episode will show us his real intentions.
kie_Feb 15, 2009 4:05 PM
Mar 26, 2010 4:42 PM

Aug 2009
Lol, I was happy Karin died too. Jesus woman, can't you differentiate a good man from a bad one!? Zagi's pure love.
I'm SO GLAD he didn't die! =O
I hated Thor at that point.

Third... you sneaky bastard.
Jun 1, 2010 8:59 PM

Mar 2009
I liked Karin at first, but then turns out she's just.. well, not what I expected.
Jun 4, 2010 11:33 AM

Jul 2009
haha homewrecker got knifed
Dec 21, 2010 9:22 PM

Apr 2009
I thought that something was wrong with me when I felt relieved... uhmm satisfied even, when Karin got stabbed but then I've read the earlier posts here and see I'm not the only feeling that way. : )
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 9, 2011 2:49 AM

Apr 2009
Hoo boy, Thor, either it's painfully obvious, or I'm horribly mistaken regarding Third...I thought he was smarter. I understood not going for Third's throat when Zagi told him not to trust him, but when he was alone with Karin's body, he still wondered who could have killed her...Really Thor? Really? xD
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 3, 2011 4:27 PM

Mar 2009
nehnehneji said:

Thor you little punk?!?! What is the point asking after nearly killing the guy?!?!!? It's sad to see that he was so easily manipulated by Third.

Cenedess said:
Hoo boy, Thor, either it's painfully obvious, or I'm horribly mistaken regarding Third...I thought he was smarter. I understood not going for Third's throat when Zagi told him not to trust him, but when he was alone with Karin's body, he still wondered who could have killed her...Really Thor? Really? xD

Thor is the worst main character ever.

Introduce girl, have her fall in love with the main character, kill her off; all in the span of three episodes. Brilliant.
Oct 19, 2011 7:25 PM
May 2008
Mormegil said:
nehnehneji said:

Thor you little punk?!?! What is the point asking after nearly killing the guy?!?!!? It's sad to see that he was so easily manipulated by Third.

Cenedess said:

Blame it on the fact that there are only eleven episodes, not necessarily the series. All anime love triangles are ridiculously absurd anyway, so why let this one ruin the series.

Introduce girl, have her fall in love with the main character, kill her off; all in the span of three episodes. Brilliant.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Dec 29, 2011 8:47 PM

Feb 2009
Third is the master of puppets yet again.
Thor is just too easily swayed...
Jan 1, 2013 5:31 PM

Feb 2011
Wow, just wow. These last two episodes with Karin just killed it for me. Thor's such a tool.
Apr 22, 2013 5:35 PM

Nov 2012
Nikoko said:
Wow, just wow. These last two episodes with Karin just killed it for me. Thor's such a tool.

^ not really a fan of the last two episodes either :/
Dec 29, 2013 3:07 PM

Mar 2013
You never saw the face of Karin's killer, so I'm gunna say it was Third. He knew if Thor thought Zagi killed Karin, Thor would want to kill Zagi and become best king like Third has wanted all along. It's all a part of his plan. I think Third wants to take over something big, not sure what yet. I don't think Thor is buying into the whole beast king thing anymore and somethings gunna go down at the tower. Or Third is gunna try something.

I'm glad the Thor & Karin thing didn't last.
Oct 30, 2014 12:49 AM

Jul 2013
hjocelyn said:
You never saw the face of Karin's killer, so I'm gunna say it was Third. He knew if Thor thought Zagi killed Karin, Thor would want to kill Zagi and become best king like Third has wanted all along. It's all a part of his plan. I think Third wants to take over something big, not sure what yet. I don't think Thor is buying into the whole beast king thing anymore and somethings gunna go down at the tower. Or Third is gunna try something.

I'm glad the Thor & Karin thing didn't last.

Agreed.I never trusted Third from the moment he manipulated the situation with Thor and the former top of the Ochre Ring to a try.Plus he never seemed like he was third because that was the best he could do,just that being third was his preferred position.
Dec 31, 2014 12:13 PM

Nov 2009
OK, for someone who's supposed to be smart, Thor is officially a total moron.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 6, 2016 11:11 AM

Nov 2013
thank god Karim died!! She was utter crap anyway.

THE ROMANCE! THE ROMANCE IS KILLING THIS SHOW! ( we don't care about the romance, it was bullshit in the first place to do so! we want to know about the rings, the characters, chimaera planet and they put FORCED ROMANCE AND DRAMA?! WTF? )

am I the only one who thinks that thor seemed to know zagi very well? when in the anime they only showed the together when they were just children twice?! ( well, fuck the timeline. and zagi, in the past episodes, even said that everything was according to plan? well, FUCK )
DenzRuiJan 6, 2016 11:15 AM
Jan 6, 2016 11:12 AM

Nov 2013
Mormegil said:
nehnehneji said:

Cenedess said:

I couldn't agree more.
Oct 13, 2016 11:33 AM

Dec 2015
I liked Karim... Probably just because of her resemblance to Casca but well... can't say I was surprised.

Honestly though this whole episode just seemed like one cliche predictable mess and the fact that Thor still went along with the Third's plan and didn't remember how he was similarly set up by him during the try with the previous Top made me almost angry...

This whole thing was more of an anti climax and I guess the ending will be pretty disappointing too...

At this point I couldn't care less if either Third died after finally turning into a "good" guy again and giving a bad speech about his lost love or if Thor himself died (seems unlikely)..

I was kind of expecting some grand reveal about Rai still being alive but I guess that won't happen anymore? Or maybe it will?
Jan 7, 2017 8:38 PM

Jul 2011
A decently enjoyable series turned to shit real fast. Really Thor? Such a tool. >>
I rather they never introduced 2 day love interest Karim and Tiz got killed instead.
MirorinJan 7, 2017 8:46 PM
Mar 20, 2017 11:37 AM

Sep 2014
Jacksnapp said:
I liked Karim... Probably just because of her resemblance to Casca but well... can't say I was surprised.

I'm glad someone else saw the Casca resemblance :D
Jul 4, 2022 5:50 PM
Mar 2022
I actually laughed when Karin was dying there in his arms cause fuck Thor lil bitch really fucked over Tiz hardcore and he led her on for so long then just shoves Karin in her face. Thor deserved that shit he deserved to have his shitty twisty crap heart ripped apart and shit on.

More topics from this board

» How is it shoujo ?

IsekaiNekko - Jul 12, 2021

7 by RobertBobert »»
Sep 3, 2023 12:32 PM

Poll: » Jyu Oh Sei Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Echelon - Apr 1, 2008

81 by Akkuzii »»
Apr 13, 2023 12:48 AM

Poll: » Jyu Oh Sei Episode 10 Discussion

nehnehneji - Dec 28, 2008

18 by Akkuzii »»
Apr 13, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Jyu Oh Sei Episode 1 Discussion

HaiAlwaysHungry - Dec 26, 2008

21 by Bunille »»
Dec 9, 2022 12:45 PM

Poll: » Jyu Oh Sei Episode 8 Discussion

nehnehneji - Dec 28, 2008

26 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Jul 4, 2022 5:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.