Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 14, 2013 10:21 AM
Aug 2012
Is it me or anime viewers are more blood-thristy these day? I mean wishing for someone to die in the worst possible ways in most of the new animes....................definitely not normal.

j0x said:
no!!! if you want someone to die then kill yourself /joke

I really wanted to say that line without the "joke" of course but whatever.

May 14, 2013 10:29 AM
May 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Is it me or anime viewers are more blood-thristy these day? I mean wishing for someone to die in the worst possible ways in most of the new animes....................definitely not normal.

Everyone always like this besides Psycho-pass, Madoka/Fate Zero. Who knows that IF they said was TRUE later episodes? I'll be damned.

I can't believe NO one seems to agree with me these days even non-Urobochi Gen anime btw...
May 14, 2013 11:36 AM

Jun 2011
Eternia said:
The first one to die should be Bevel. Hideauze would pull his arms and legs, before ripping them off. After that the remaining head and body would be swallowed whole.

what the fuck

seriously
May 14, 2013 11:39 AM

Jan 2012
FastWheels said:
Eternia said:
The first one to die should be Bevel. Hideauze would pull his arms and legs, before ripping them off. After that the remaining head and body would be swallowed whole.

what the fuck

seriously

A particularly twisted imagination hehe, what did Bevel ever do to you *_*
May 14, 2013 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
Eternia said:
YES YES YES!
May 14, 2013 11:48 AM

Apr 2008
ReasonDesu said:
FastWheels said:
Eternia said:

what the fuck

seriously

A particularly twisted imagination hehe, what did Bevel ever do to you *_*

Gotta tell you that smiley you're making is probably not what you're aiming for since it's like you approve of the idea with starry eyes XD
May 14, 2013 12:00 PM

Jan 2012
To me it just means dazed, but read into it what you will. I appreciate the meme lessons.

On topic, I've pretty much lost hope in anyone dying painfully in this show and to be honest I don't even want that anymore. It was a bit of a tease having Gen's name linked to this show when he isn't actually writing much of it, but I guess his popularity at the moment meant it got a lot of coverage, probably more than it deserved.

We will see next episode if this really is going change direction though, the episode titles did seem to imply that it could.
May 14, 2013 2:41 PM

Jun 2011
Eternia said:

Sounds exactly like something Urobutcher would do.

May 14, 2013 7:46 PM

Feb 2013
Eternia said:

Well, I don't know about all that. We could just have him eaten whole by the evil flower Hideauze....
May 20, 2013 1:51 AM

Mar 2013
Well... technically now someone died so I guess I counts... ish
May 20, 2013 9:08 AM

Sep 2011
CatandSam said:
Well... technically now someone died so I guess I counts... ish

We're not even sure if he died, but yeah..
May 20, 2013 12:49 PM

Feb 2012
Yeah, I think he will die too. So it starts with the oldman, it may end up with the cute young girl (not that I hope for it though).
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
May 30, 2013 7:54 PM
May 2012
^Well, Those pirates & the queen from episode 3/4 (?) counted as death for you.

IF you guys wanna see the Urobutcher ending I mean BAD or insanity ending for this one, I don't care. It's your call. I feel like It's gonna be an another PSYCHO-PASS all over again. I mean I don't care anymore for what they said about it that it's only 4 episodes left till we gonna see the unexpected attack of Hideauze & I don't care about an unexpected plot twist though which it's gonna be interesting to you guys.
JafriZinJun 3, 2013 6:18 AM
Jun 2, 2013 7:16 PM

Apr 2008
JeffreyZin said:
^Well, guys. Those pirates & the queen from episode 4 counted as death for you.

I don't care anymore for what they said about it. now it's only 5 episodes left till we gonna see the unexpected attack of Hideauze.

IF you guys wanna see the Urobutcher ending I mean BAD ending for this one, I don't care. It's your call. I feel like It's gonna be an another PSYCHO-PASS all over again.

*puts on Freud costume* Zo tell me, vat are your feelingz now zat ze new epizode haz come out and zmashed ze foundation of your happy go lucky hopez and dreamz
Darklight0303Jun 3, 2013 5:24 AM
Jun 3, 2013 12:11 PM

Jun 2009
I expect Amy to die, Ledo to self-destruct and Bellows being killed by either squids/ship metallic part.
It is Urobutcher after all.
Jun 4, 2013 6:53 AM
May 2012
Arqentum said:
I expect Amy to die, Ledo to self-destruct and Bellows being killed by either squids/ship metallic part.

It's official.

It's PSYCHO-PASS all over again to me which it leds to an another insanity path later episode. Fucking Insanities! I mean NO, NOT the girl Amy please.

I guess some people literally lost their minds & you were right. That writer guy always brings us so many insanity moments in every single episodes. Great, What did I just said last time? I guess I was wrong apparently.
Psycho-Pass + Suisei No Gargantia = Gargantia-Pass

@Darklight0303: Maybe you should read my post again. My internet connection was sometime poor so I was too late to fix my post. I can't believe this. Talked about calm before a storm in the last 7 episodes. IGNORANCE IS BLISS for me. :(
JafriZinJun 4, 2013 8:23 PM
Jun 9, 2013 3:37 PM

Dec 2009
Well, technically tons of people died in the first episode. For those who believe the space Hideauze are sentient, that includes quite a few snail-men and flower-men.
Jun 9, 2013 5:36 PM

Mar 2013
Pinion is definitely going to have to die, what with bringing imperialism to the otherwise peaceful planet Earth. A lot of his crew is probably going to die too. You don't just arrogantly fuck with ancient technologies and survive, especially not with The Butcher writing the last episode.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jun 9, 2013 6:50 PM

Apr 2012
Now, when plot got twisted and Urobuchi's author of last episode, he will show his black, dark imagination powers for sure
Arqentum said:

very possible.
Eternia said:

oh, this is so Urobuchi-like O_o.
But let's look at how's Urobuchi choosing his 'victims', like he did in other shows; for example, Kagari from PSYCHO-PASS. Urobuchi knows very well which character should die and how, to make us feel miserable. Who will die in SnG, hmm?
I will be actually in shock if this show will have happy ending.
Jun 10, 2013 6:15 AM
May 2012
27Euterpe said:
But let's look at how's Urobuchi choosing his 'victims', like he did in other shows; for example, Kagari from PSYCHO-PASS. Urobuchi knows very well which character should die and how, to make us feel miserable. Who will die in SnG, hmm?

Man, I'm such a hypocrite right now. I can't believe that whatever I said was wrong!

Because a lot of people said:-

'Always Expect the unexpected because it's Urobutcher'

*frowns*

only 3 eps left & THE WORST IS YET TO COME. Goddamn...
JafriZinJun 10, 2013 6:37 AM
Jun 10, 2013 6:17 AM

Jan 2013
Yeah, fucking spoilers here.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 10, 2013 6:54 AM

Jan 2013
I don't believe that Hideauze will do the killing.

The new ancient EMP weaponary may just shoot off in the wrong direction and....
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Jun 12, 2013 8:02 AM
May 2012
I still cannot believe you guys got a point.

Urobutcher (that's an official name for now), ladies & gentlemen.

Bringing you the most WTF & insanity moments in every single episodes. I think he's could be the NEXT M.Night Shaymalan (WHAT A TWIST!) to me.
Jun 16, 2013 10:28 AM

Feb 2011
For some reason I think Chamber will die, if him being destroyed counts as him dying.
Jun 16, 2013 11:46 AM
Mar 2013
Based on what I've seen so far, Here's my bet for the last episode(s).

Or this:
Omegadark said:
For some reason I think Chamber will die, if him being destroyed counts as him dying.
Jun 17, 2013 12:06 AM
May 2012
SUNRISE has so many plot twist & crazy shit over & over till we didn't expect to see that coming.

It's just worst than UROBUTCHER.

Omegadark said:

What? I thought Chamber is a robot.
JafriZinJun 17, 2013 12:56 AM
Jun 17, 2013 6:54 AM

Mar 2012
JeffreyZin said:
SUNRISE has so many plot twist & crazy shit over & over till we didn't expect to see that coming.

It's just worst than UROBUTCHER.

Omegadark said:

What? I thought Chamber is a robot.

Uh...Sunrise? Are you talking about this series because this is a Production I.G. anime...
Jun 17, 2013 7:02 AM
May 2012
Toucanbird said:
Uh...Sunrise? Are you talking about this series because this is a Production I.G. anime...

Hold on, I was talking about the other show made by SUNRISE Like Valvrave. I know Gargantia is produced Production IG and so was Psycho-Pass (Both written by Gen Orobuchi).

4 words:-

Urobutcher in a nutshell. What else can I tell?
JafriZinJun 17, 2013 7:14 AM
Jun 17, 2013 7:40 AM

Oct 2012
After episode 11

They must be killed in order keep the world's peace xD

I hope Urobuchi-sensei isn't killing the MCs or even Gargantia main personel :(
I love them.. and happy ending please
No one die are better actually
"Signature removed"
Jun 17, 2013 7:42 AM

Mar 2012
JeffreyZin said:
Toucanbird said:

Hold on, I was talking about the other show made by SUNRISE Like Valvrave. I know Gargantia is produced Production IG and so was Psycho-Pass (Both written by Gen Orobuchi).

4 words:-

Urobutcher in a nutshell. What else can I tell?

Okay, I wasn't sure because your original post wasn't quite worded the best.
Jun 17, 2013 6:45 PM

Jun 2011
Bebel or Amy will die in the end. Pinion as well... his voice actor is familiar (I think it's Kamina).
Urobutcher, come at me bro! Do your worst (or should I say best)!

Jun 22, 2013 8:54 AM
May 2012
SolBlade said:
Bebel or Amy will die in the end. Pinion as well... his voice actor is familiar (I think it's Kamina).

Don't get me started on this one. People are gonna pissed IF Amy dies in the end.

Wow. I'm seriously cannot believe they thought Gargantia is become NEXT PSYCHO-PASS. Expecting more insanity much?!

I mean I'm such a mindless guy who likes to jump for conclusion for nothing till you'll see what to expect next. *Sigh* screw this....
Jun 22, 2013 10:39 AM

Jan 2013
Monde11 said:
I think this is actual healing.
Jun 22, 2013 10:46 AM

Apr 2008
xxcamillaxx said:
Monde11 said:
I think this is actual healing.

It's not lol
Jun 22, 2013 11:03 AM

Nov 2011
CatandSam said:
Basically what the title says.. Ahaha, its a really calm and light hearted show but I just have this weird feeling someone's going to die soon ^^;;;

Lots of hedeauze died, I don't know if they need to massacre more. You people take death in anime like an entertainment in itself...llike I never understood what's the hype on Higurashi series...
that aside, what in fact kind of scares me is that the series are kind of ending and i feel they needed at least another season....i just feel like all characters' need more background buildup and more action/story, even dying.... these things should get more than 2 eps
Jun 22, 2013 11:05 AM

Apr 2011
We wouldn't notice except if it was a well-known user.
Jun 23, 2013 4:54 PM

Jun 2011
JeffreyZin said:
SolBlade said:

Don't get me started on this one. People are gonna pissed IF Amy dies in the end.

Wow. I'm seriously cannot believe they thought Gargantia is become NEXT PSYCHO-PASS. Expecting more insanity much?!

I mean I'm such a mindless guy who likes to jump for conclusion for nothing till you'll see what to expect next. *Sigh* screw this....

Yeah, people will be pissed if Amy dies. Maybe not me, though. I still think Bebel won't survive for some odd reason (probably the "useless" part).

I guess Psycho Pass did make us a little more twisted then I thought. Even so, Psycho Pass was great!
Who knows, Gargantia could be Urobutcher's "healing anime". I would be a lot more surprised by that.

Jun 23, 2013 11:24 PM
Aug 2010
Well in pretty much every work that's been written by solely by Gen Urobuchi, the protagonist always ends up dead, such as The Phantom of Inferno, Song of Saya (where both the hero and heroine dies and the heroine is also an eldritch abomination who's done such horrible things that her death is probably too good for her but hey), etc. In works where he collaborated with or expand on the works of others, the protagonist usually ends up in a rather tragic situation (Fate/Zero, Psycho-Pass, etc).

But yeah, this doesn't seem like your typical Urobuchi work but you never know til the end.
Jun 23, 2013 11:30 PM

Sep 2011
Bobjones said:
Well in pretty much every work that's been written by solely by Gen Urobuchi, the protagonist always ends up dead, such as The Phantom of Inferno, Song of Saya (where both the hero and heroine dies and the heroine is also an eldritch abomination who's done such horrible things that her death is probably too good for her but hey), etc. In works where he collaborated with or expand on the works of others, the protagonist usually ends up in a rather tragic situation (Fate/Zero, Psycho-Pass, etc).

But yeah, this doesn't seem like your typical Urobuchi work but you never know til the end.

Saying that this is a Gen Uro utchi work is as misleading as saying Man of Steel is a Christopher Nolan work.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 23, 2013 11:33 PM
May 2012
SolBlade said:
I guess Psycho Pass did make us a little more twisted then I thought. Even so, Psycho Pass was great!
Who knows, Gargantia could be Urobutcher's "healing anime". I would be a lot more surprised by that.

Yeah, I went APESHIT in every single episodes over & over. I hope Psycho-Pass will get 2nd season by the way. Because that show isn't over yet since it has so many questions that should've been answered.

Bobjones said:

You're right! I really should've expect all of this during the start.

Like I said:-

EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED

Gen Urobochi, ladies & gentleman. Bringing you the most WTF moments in Anime.

Damn it, I can't believe whatever I say was wrong till I've been repeat myself all the time. Hell, even Valvrave which I had a same thing till I felt the same thing. Emotions & feelings while watching anime, what else can I say?

GodlyKyon said:
Saying that this is a Gen Urobochi work is as misleading as saying Man of Steel is a Christopher Nolan work.

More like M.Night Shaymalan (WHAT A TWIST! moment really felt speechless *again*) to me.
JafriZinJun 25, 2013 4:02 AM
Jun 25, 2013 12:24 AM

Apr 2009
JeffreyZin said:
More like M.Night Shaymalan ( I mean WHAT A TWIST! moment really felt speechless *again*) to me.
I don't think you got what GodlyKyon was trying to say:

Urobuchi isn't behind the entire story of Gargantia similar to how Nolan isn't the writer of Man of Steel.

It's a collaboration between him and director Kazuya Murata. You can't take Murata out of the equation.

Take a look at this translated interview post.

The quote below was taken from the translated interview.
Urobuchi said:
Since I am responsible for composing the series, I took the first and the last episode for myself.

Gen Urobuchi only wrote the first and last episode of Suisei no Gargantia.

Furthermore, Anime News Network credits other people for the script of the other episodes: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=14961

Gen is credited for Series Composition (keeping the episodes flowing together), but not the full script as there were other writers who did the other episodes.
Jun 25, 2013 2:16 AM

Jul 2011
I call Pinion. Anybody who's suddenly having a good character change and/or is becoming likeable. Or Rackage.

Ledo seems to be is probably slated not for death but for purgatory hell (sent back to space, etc)
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Jun 25, 2013 8:28 PM

Sep 2011
SayakaMagica said:
JeffreyZin said:
More like M.Night Shaymalan ( I mean WHAT A TWIST! moment really felt speechless *again*) to me.
I don't think you got what GodlyKyon was trying to say:

Urobuchi isn't behind the entire story of Gargantia similar to how Nolan isn't the writer of Man of Steel.

It's a collaboration between him and director Kazuya Murata. You can't take Murata out of the equation.

Take a look at this translated interview post.

The quote below was taken from the translated interview.
Urobuchi said:
Since I am responsible for composing the series, I took the first and the last episode for myself.

Gen Urobuchi only wrote the first and last episode of Suisei no Gargantia.

Furthermore, Anime News Network credits other people for the script of the other episodes: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=14961

Gen is credited for Series Composition (keeping the episodes flowing together), but not the full script as there were other writers who did the other episodes.

So wait... The pacing is Urobuchi's fault?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 25, 2013 10:29 PM

Oct 2012
I believe that someone will die, as the creators or this anime also made Madoka Magica, which started out more slice of life then turned dark. Tbh its hard to tell where this is going to go as in character deaths but i believe that it will be in the right direction. And honestly i am silently rooting for a second season, I think that the show has a lot of potential to become even better with a second season.
Jun 26, 2013 10:25 AM
Oct 2012
Morridine said:
You people take death in anime like an entertainment in itself...

Well, maybe because it is? People can enjoy slasher films without wanting people to be slashed. That is part of the point of entertainment. To experience things that one normally couldn't in a controlled environment. Though in this particular case it isn't even "death" people want to see, it's Urobuchi going off again shocking people that is the true entertainment these people crave.
Takuan_SohoJun 26, 2013 10:43 AM
Jun 26, 2013 12:51 PM

May 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
Morridine said:

Well, maybe because it is? People can enjoy slasher films without wanting people to be slashed. That is part of the point of entertainment. To experience things that one normally couldn't in a controlled environment. Though in this particular case it isn't even "death" people want to see, it's Urobuchi going off again shocking people that is the true entertainment these people crave.

Except this anime is nothing like a slasher.
Jul 1, 2013 12:15 AM
May 2012
Well, since this show has finally ended but, why do we need such a pointless thread anyway?

TheLocalHentai said:
I call Pinion. Anybody who's suddenly having a good character change and/or is becoming likeable. Or Rackage.

Ledo seems to be is probably slated not for death but for purgatory hell (sent back to space, etc)

THAT. DIDN'T. HAPPENED. OBVIOUSLY.

bastek66 said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Morridine said:

Except this anime is nothing like a slasher.

THIS is exactly what I was thinking! I mean they should rather go watch Fate/Zero & Psycho-Pass instead IF you want to see more brutal & gruesome part of it till it make you jaw drop, obviously.

I mean I tried to 'stop' them but, I already lost the 'war' then because those people said so ("It's Urobochi gen anime! DEAL WITH IT!" Then I really should agreed with them it was.). They thought that Gargantia is exactly the same like PSYCHO-PASS for them & expecting more 'insanity' in every single episode for example, an unexpected plot twist & More WTF moments till it left me speechless. Really guys?!

Great, it seems that I was the only one who speaks my mind till in this thread till nobody cares about all of this. That makes me so sad. I'm speechless right now & I didn't really mean to sound like an asshole, guys. *Sigh*

JafriZinJul 1, 2013 5:26 AM
Jul 2, 2013 10:00 AM

Jun 2011
Well, Chamber died.

I was actually expecting a death flag for Pinion this week, which sort of happened when he kicked everyone out but was saved by Rackage.

@JefferyZin: I guess whenever I see the name "Urobuchi, Gen" in an anime I get a bit surprised and expect crazy things like Madoka, Psycho Pass or F/Z. He somehow managed to turn a magical girl anime into something dark... amazing.
Anyways, no hard feelings?
It was fun predicting deaths in this anime. I guess cynical people (like myself) expect things like that.

Jul 2, 2013 7:53 PM
May 2012
SolBlade said:
Well, Chamber died.

So what? Chamber is just a robot for god's sake.

More like he's been destroyed till it left nothing but scrap as we saw at the end of the show. Maybe he can be fix just like R2/D2 from Star wars to me.

But people aren't die in the series is totally a RIP-OFF! Well you know what, fuck it! It's over!

SolBlade said:
I guess whenever I see the name "Urobuchi, Gen" in an anime I get a bit surprised and expect crazy things like Madoka, Psycho Pass or F/Z. He somehow managed to turn a magical girl anime into something dark... amazing.
Anyways, no hard feelings?
It was fun predicting deaths in this anime. I guess cynical people (like myself) expect things like that.

Hard feelings? I am! does over-emotional also count as hard feelings for you? I feel like I'm RIPPED OFF NOW!! *sarcasm*
JafriZinJul 16, 2013 7:13 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.