Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 27, 2008 9:40 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, the raw is out.

I've been waiting for this all day.

edit:

To the next season!
DeadIEndDec 27, 2008 12:30 PM
Dec 27, 2008 10:12 AM

Nov 2008
Great rarri! Guess we going to check it out together. :D
First of all on behalf of Nagi Merry Holidays! Second I will yell out "WHERE THE HELL IS JIN x NAGI? There was enough tension(sexual) to make it happen! Third would be that the Fan Service is great! Watch the net for many people complaining again about it. Only difference is that it's all Jin doing this time.Hey! I don't mind.

Review later first this:
Special Fan service spoiler as proof the tension (sexual) was high enough and now Nagi naked body is etched in my mind! I want it out but can't. Damn ero. Pretty much all the fan service scenes are there and it seems they did it really daring.

This just in on the news that the net Typhoon of Nagi's naked scenes are in

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/12/28/nude-nagi-kannagi-climax/

Now on to this final review of Kannagi! Before that happens I want to say that I will miss this series mainly for its comedy and parodies such as lucky star!

The episode starts with Nagi being at the Kamimori residence (I knew it that Nagi would be hiding there from episode #12) logically the husband/wife must have kept Nagi hidden (since she good at lying that might have been possible) but I think Nagi is there more to sooth the grand-mother before her passing away.

Ok everyone calm down about Jin's shoe throwing.I understand the position all are taking for Tsugumi but remember that Jin since that maid cafe incident has problems with temper and anger management. Usually he's quiet kid but the stress and other factors such as mental breakdown are quite the nasties when they accumulate. Jin was at his 3rd day of no Nagi so everyone just understand Jin went berserk and not because of anything else. The shoe throwing was just plain frustration!

Shino and Takako talk with Tsugumi about Nagi. The situation looks only to Jin as what is going on, the rest only seem to know that Nagi has not shown up much. Even on the internet people wonder where is she? Tsugumi is worried a lot about Jin and myself I am very angry that he is being selfish like that! He does not even consider Tsugumi's feelings at all! Moreover he is just at worst thinking he will bring her trouble and to her family trouble as well. That is lame thinking! Jin thinking like that must be a fool since Tsugumi is a childhood friend (I am assuming Jin thinks like that because he did so when it came to nutrition).

Like some people have said earlier on The scene after the one where Tsugumi worries about Jin in class and seeing Jin not having much energy to run since he must be sleeping bad this is partly Nagi's fault but Jin brought it upon himself this. The scene where Jin and Tsugumi are on swings.Is Tsugumi not amazing? She had such powerful psychological influence! She knew what to say to Jin and what to get out of him so that she can scold him again. That scolding woke up so much Jin that I myself was "How did she do it just like that?" question in head at that moment. It is very impressive how she handled Jin mentality!

Put it this way: Jin was in a "diving suit complex" where one isolates himself in mental state. Tsugumi was able to break that complex and also to motivate Jin! Pretty impressive it should be more Jin x Tsugumi instead of Nagi. Tsugumi can help Jin a lot in the future, especially as wife.When Jin was riding on his bicycle the flashbacks were very nice in reminding the viewer more of NAGI!

What followed made me cry! T_T It was shown so emotionally touching of Jin comforting Nagi even if Nagi said she lost her pride! Jin said he believes in her! I was so happy so see them back together despite all the crap and trouble Jin got cause of Nagi. So much at that scene in the grasslands near the water! Such a heart warming story it was from the lady to say when she fell into a hole with her baby that Nagi helped her from the pit! So nice of Nagi, more proof that she a good Goddess despite being a fake (I still think she might be a girl that hanged herself). The other part was sad because the old of Kamimura residence passed away. Anybody thinks Nagi helped her pass away like the cat? Weird, Nagi did not obsorb the old lady I do think Nagi helped her soul cross over to heavens. Jin holding Nagi's hand was Kawaii! Ichiban kawaii!

The phone messages had some very hilarious moments such as the messages Daitetsu left. Hahhahahha such a shy guy he is! Personally like I stated before the perverted scenes of Nagi just created a net Typhoon of Fan furry most likely for labeling Nagi as a slut that shows herself naked. Man I wonder WTH are they going to do in the DVDs to this part? They might add Nagi nipples in the DVD version, that would be O_O to me since I am learning how to handle this stuff anime wise. To me the naked scene was a spice to end the show.What made me angry, angry and angry is that Tsugumi saw all this and is so shocked! Tsugumi T_T Poor, poor her! Shattered heart by this scene.

This a wide message for viewers to watch for season 2 in order to find out what happens to Tsugumi. I want to know!

1.They better fix Jin x Tsugumi in season 2
2.Why not have had Jin x Nagi?

slayer545-samaDec 27, 2008 11:38 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 27, 2008 10:35 AM

Feb 2008
AHHHH!
I want subs already (although I know that isn't possible) xD
I might check out the raw. Here's hoping for a great season finale.
Dec 27, 2008 10:41 AM

Jun 2008
LolitaDecay said:
AHHHH!
I want subs already (although I know that isn't possible) xD

Ah...same here

I got the gist of the raw, it was everything i hoped for in the last episode. Loved the last scene.
Heres to another season of Nagi-sama!

Dec 27, 2008 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
It began exactly like ep12 was.. but what an ending :D
Kannagi is great!
Dec 27, 2008 2:22 PM

Feb 2008
I'm definitely anticipating the 2nd season ...

thank you to whole staff of Kannagi, it was a splendid season...
mflatischler.tk - My Manga translations and transcriptions
Anime in Blu-ray
あなたの人種、年齢、宗教は問いません
Dec 27, 2008 2:39 PM

Jun 2008
Nice dress design. Is it a dress? yeah, I think it's a dress. A black dress. But I'm not sure it fits Nagi well. Well, maybe it does.

Spoiler might be overkill but w/e :)
Dec 27, 2008 5:03 PM

Jan 2008
Finally, Tsugumi knocked some sense into Jin.
Haha, Jin blushing was so funny.
Great comeback from last episode. Good to finally have some humor back.
Dec 27, 2008 5:33 PM

Mar 2008
i was already thinking of beating up jin when he threw his shoes.. Who the hell does he think he is?? Poor tsugumi..

"Koi wa zaiaku desuka? zaiaku desu. tashikani... anata no kokoro wa tokku ni mukashi kara sude ni koi de ugoiteiru jya arimasenka?" tsugumi's kokoro <3 again, the one who understands jin most is tsugumi.. what a life-saver.. loved it when she scolded jin. show him who's the lady!

well, looks like my speculation was off.. i should've known that wat the old grandma meant by "help" was helping her. lol.. "kubi wo tsutta no wa watashi nan desu!" ^^;; well, either ways, this means nobody died on the tree, since the God Nagi would rather sacrifice a 15 cms branch than let blood spill..

the NagixJin scene after that was okay, but they look more like siblings to me.. Nagi running around in a bathtowel is a big mistake.. "kodomo ka omae????" was wat i would've said. it seems she's forgotten that she has the body of a 15 yr old girl and is living with a virgin boy..

anyways, wat came after that was just too cliche.. it's obvious wat would happen, even tsugumi's appearance.. the only thing different is maybe the fanservice.. but i dont think that's actually necessary.. it'll be a net-typhoon most probably..

and I really hate yamakan(director) for leaving it hanging with tsugumi crying!!! her eyes really looked like kotonoha in school days ^^; but of course there's no way it would end that way.. or yamakan will be out of business after that.. i just hope they clear it up.. however it's not made clear if there would be a second season, since the only thing they put at last was "mata ne" and not "tsuzukimasu".. i hope there will be though.. if not, tsugumi will be really pitiful.. >.<
lonehunter88Dec 29, 2008 7:10 PM
Dec 27, 2008 11:15 PM

Oct 2007
what 2nd season O.o? you must be dreaming...thats it most likely.
Dec 27, 2008 11:42 PM

Nov 2008
Nagi you will be missed by all! Come back and here on MAL we all will wait for you! Right everyone?

please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 28, 2008 6:42 AM

Jul 2008
great ending, cant really complain. it was a great serie, laughed a lot and was special and unique in his own way. there MUST be a 2nd season.

Dec 28, 2008 7:17 AM

Oct 2007
lonehunter88 said:
and I really hate yamakan(director) for leaving it hanging with tsugumi crying!!!

That's exactly how Volume 3 ended, also if you're a Tsugumi fan I wouldn't really look forward to a second season.. Vols 4 and 5 feature much more Zange/Hakua than Tsugumi, I haven't checked out 6 yet...
Dec 28, 2008 10:24 AM

Jun 2008
poor Tsugumi :|
Dec 28, 2008 6:32 PM

Feb 2008
Excellent final episode to the best show of the last couple of seasons. Nagi was cute, sexy, funny and pitiable and probably a lot more all in one episode, Jin's actions and reactions were great and Tsugumi finally seemed to realize she likes Jin. Too bad she also thinks he and Nagi are more than just god and follower.

9/10 and there better be another fucking season within a year! ^^
Dec 28, 2008 7:00 PM
Dec 2008
lol, Tsugumi's reaction was priceless.

I enjoyed the show because it made me laugh at certain points and it made me feel melancholic at other points so all in all it was a great show.

However I think the plot could've been better, think the last couple of episodes where things started to develop finally.

9/10
Dec 28, 2008 8:05 PM

Sep 2008
This episode was slightly heart touching, but overall I was a bit disappointed how the series developed up until the end. With the way the first couple episodes were, I had a different idea off how this series was going to be like. The first and last episodes were almost a bookend to the very loosely related episodes in between them. I thought this series could have been a little deeper with better plot development while keeping the funny moments that made about every episode very enjoyable to watch. Doing so could have even extended the series by 7 to 13 episodes. The final moments of the series itself was a bit interesting to say the least, lol.

Dec 28, 2008 8:19 PM

Nov 2007
Kannagi is imo, by far one of the best this season. This series has been great, with excellent comedy, animation and voice actors to make up for its lack of developing plot (which really doesn't matter at all) If there ever is a second season to this, I'd be over the moon but alas, a guy can only hope.
Dec 28, 2008 8:29 PM

Nov 2007
Nooo we missed the Jin x Nagi moment with an intrusion but lmao I guess that was in itself a perfect way to end the series, overall a very enjoyable series filled with plenty of great moments not much in terms of story but *shrug*, wonder if a second season will be possible.
Dec 28, 2008 8:46 PM

Feb 2008
there has to be another season!!! i would give this show a 9.5/10 but since thats not an option i just gave it a 10. their wasn't a single episode (even ep 12) that i didn't at least smile.
Dec 28, 2008 9:05 PM

Jun 2008
*squeal*

such a cute episode. I thought I would be disappointed with the last episode but it was very good. I'm officially a Jin x Nagi supporter now but I feel so sorry for Tsugumi ;_;
Dec 28, 2008 9:06 PM

Dec 2007
Great episode, glad they brought back some humor into it. I'm hoping for a second sesaon...
Dec 28, 2008 9:07 PM

Oct 2008
What a great ending! they put back some humor. We will miss you Nagi-sama!!

hoping for 2nd season.

Dec 28, 2008 9:10 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, what an awesome series. I didn't like how they ended it with fanservice, even though it was kind of funny. If she's really a goddess, then one shouldn't be thinking of her as a sex object. But whatever, I like how they used the opening song one last time as the ending.

Overall, great series. I really enjoyed it: 8/10

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 28, 2008 9:16 PM

Jul 2007
NUDE NAGI FTW. i need uncensored/extras in dvd version nao plz. kthxbai

and tsugumi's WTF face was priceless. i had LOLd hard on that one.

and like everyone is saying: season 2 plz!
Dec 28, 2008 9:49 PM

Sep 2008
We need season 2... Kannagi is really epic. 15/10
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Dec 28, 2008 10:07 PM

Jul 2007
Ending was pretty cack. Series as a whole was pretty decent though, no doubt there will be a second season at some point.
Dec 28, 2008 10:31 PM

Dec 2007
damn, this anime is my pick for #1 show of fall 2008, really loved it. i see this anime with a second season no problem, u even see at the finale of the serie ( minute 23:33 of ayako's sub version) "see u again!", that is obviously a hint for a second season :D
GrumpyFeloDec 29, 2008 12:21 AM

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Dec 28, 2008 10:51 PM
Apr 2008
Scud said:
Ending was pretty cack. Series as a whole was pretty decent though, no doubt there will be a second season at some point.

Just as Scud said, the ending wasn't all that great, which means it'll lead to a second season. With this ending, a second season is bound to come around.
Dec 28, 2008 10:59 PM

Jan 2007
I loved Tsugumi's look after she walked in on them. overall gets a 9.
Dec 28, 2008 11:44 PM
Jan 2008
Jin the lucky man haha! great ending.

Poor tsugumi xD
Dec 28, 2008 11:50 PM

Nov 2007
nice cute ending. and holy crap with the frying pan to the face. tho i would have liked it more if him and nagi kissed.
Dec 28, 2008 11:59 PM

Jun 2008
What an ending.....
Dec 29, 2008 12:10 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
i didn't think it was that great of an ending...
maybe they'll release a 2nd season??
p r o f i l e 👀
Dec 29, 2008 12:19 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty good, nothing special or anything though. Overall it was a pretty fun show and I wouldn't mind a second season.
Dec 29, 2008 12:50 AM

Aug 2007
Westlo said:
lonehunter88 said:
and I really hate yamakan(director) for leaving it hanging with tsugumi crying!!!

That's exactly how Volume 3 ended, also if you're a Tsugumi fan I wouldn't really look forward to a second season.. Vols 4 and 5 feature much more Zange/Hakua than Tsugumi, I haven't checked out 6 yet...

Dang, you are getting my hopes up. Now off to find raw manga volumes of Kannagi since there aren't really any scanlators for this manga.

A really awesome anime, 9/10 for me. I really want to give this a 10/10 but for some reason my gut tells me not to.
Dec 29, 2008 12:51 AM

Sep 2008
well i enjoyed this series, but for something that really didn't have much plot (and ignored most of it till the last 3 episodes) it really dosen't need a 2nd season though it seems like it will. I'm probably going to be the only person who will be dissapointed if there is a 2nd series.....

Well i give it a 9/10 even though it really deserves an 8.
Dec 29, 2008 1:02 AM

Sep 2007
Tsugumi's reaction at the end was priceless.
Dec 29, 2008 2:46 AM

Apr 2008
What a great ending, leaves good path to second season. And they succeeded inserting fresh humour to the ending, need to give solid 9 no question about it.
Something.
Dec 29, 2008 3:16 AM

Nov 2006
The part with Tsugumi walking in on Nagi and Jin was terrible. I was glad Nagi and Jin's relationship was going to move forward AND I like Tsugumi/don't like seeing her upset, so those were two strikes against me there. Plus, cliche. Probably won't watch the second season if there is one...
Dec 29, 2008 3:34 AM

Feb 2008
great episode! *-*
I agree with Fanti, the plot could've been better and that's why i'm sure there will be a second season, or at least OVA.

8/10
Dec 29, 2008 3:45 AM

May 2008
A pity it ended, I do hope there will be a second season.
Dec 29, 2008 3:55 AM

Aug 2007
Ah, so that's the finale. It was fun while it lasted.

Some of the lines very corny and cliché, and Jin is such a pussy but it was a good series overall.. Nagi was super cute this episode.

I'm really hoping for season 2!
Score: 8

CheezyDec 29, 2008 3:59 AM
Dec 29, 2008 4:46 AM

Jul 2008
Great series, although I was a bit disappointed at the ending. Was hoping for a relationship between Jin and Nagi, but unfortunately that didn't happen. For the rest, great episode, this series gets a 8/10 from me. Really looking forward to a second season. =)
Dec 29, 2008 4:46 AM

Sep 2008
I like it, just like the whole series! It's so funny and natural that I want more! Why is it only 13 episodes, so cruel... For me it was just 9/10

Episode 13 - great, serious then funny, and Jin started to feel something, poor boy, especially at the end ;D

Kiseki said:

She suits very well to the Higurashi no Naku..., doesn't she? :D
PaeruDec 29, 2008 5:32 AM
Dec 29, 2008 5:20 AM

Aug 2008
Haha, I thought Tsugumi will go yandere with that face!

Well, what can I say. I don't know if this was the best of the season but definitely a fantastic show! 9/10

I hope they'll at least give us an OVA or two..
Dec 29, 2008 5:21 AM

Jan 2008
The whole series has been great fun to watch. Tsugumi's look when she walked into those two was priceless XD
Dec 29, 2008 5:39 AM

Dec 2008
After I disliked episode 11 and 12 ,I never expected this ending.

That was a great ending for this show

what we learned in this episode

Jin isnt so bad-tempered as he always acts
Zange can't sing
close your door when you have a girl in your house.

Jin + Nagi + towel + Tsugumi = rofl XD

FabienneDec 29, 2008 5:46 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2008 5:46 AM

Oct 2007
i thought the last couple episodes dragged a bit, but I actually thought they did a really good job wrapping up the dramatic storyline. The Jin x Nagi reunion was pretty touching.

Of course, the best part of that is they get to jump back into comedy mode, and the last couple scenes were just pure win.

I thought the fanservice was a little out of place, but I guess it was just there to set up the Tsugumi scene. And I knew it was coming, but seeing her reaction when she walked in on Jin & Nagi was priceless. She's become my favorite character in the series. She has a way of making me laugh at her and empathize for her at the same time. And her reactions are always awesome and laugh-out-loud hilarious.

Anyway, it's been a great season and every ep has either cracked me up or brought a smile to my face. Encore!
Dec 29, 2008 5:58 AM

Sep 2008
Fabienne said:

Zange can't sing

It wasn't especially surpraising you know :D
Fabienne said:

close your door when you have a girl in your house.

Or bring your clothes with you when your'e going to take a bath :D

Uhh, I'm already missing Kannagi...

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» SEASON 2 WHERE?!!!?!?

KhoaVN - Sep 24, 2023

1 by TheChainsawMan »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:55 AM

» ...I could eat three bowls of rice

formosan - Feb 12, 2009

2 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dtshyk - Oct 4, 2008

159 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

sniW - Dec 6, 2008

176 by 3miL »»
Mar 18, 2023 12:29 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Oct 25, 2008

123 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Oct 17, 2022 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.