Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2008 7:50 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
On behalf of Tytania and Fan Hyulick, "Merry Holidays to all! ^_^ Unfortunately this is a very sad episode. This episode convinced how much more to hate Tytania for what they did.

Before I start, I want to say that this episode was the tear jerker of this day as I started watching it. I T_T tons because of the person who passes away. I always liked her character and it is very unfortunate that she is gone now. It could have also been a great future life for Fan but alas that person was not saved and is now dead.

The beginning of this episode starts as it left off in the last episode. Berthier is ready with his fleet for Fan Hyulick and Alses visits Lira and inquiries about why she did not eat her breakfast. Berthier get a communication from Idris regarding Fan. Dr.Lee has made some arrangements and discusses with Alen.

Zalisch sees Ajuman about other affairs and gets some remarks about his mother from Ajuman concerning his brother Alses. Of course Zalisch insults his brother of a fool but he never regarded as anything to be used. He goes then to his mother who I though in the beginning was dead somehow but she was just sleeping. The picture she had under with Zalisch and his brother when she was young was very cute I found.

Lydia is writing a letter to her kingdom about her condition on Uraniborg with Jouslain being with her and Bal'ami. Jouslain suggest to Bal'ami to have the letter delivered but of course he did not want since he finds it as a job most likely not deem of his position.

They switch to Fan/Louis/Michael and Miranda going inside the space port of the Enmental while there most likely chaos and I think that might be due to Dr.Lee's arrangements. The guy with the black long hat with a white bunny with red eyes plushy is pretty cool especially since the code was that Miranda shows another copy of that plushy in a smaller size to confirm who they are.

To my surprise they are led to what looks like a warehouse with a deep multi underground level complex. Where I was astonished to the amount of weapons in there. We are talking here about from ground warfare vehicles to air warfare vehicles that can fly can cause damage. All the machines there can fight and create damage. They meet there a very beautiful captain of military strategy with blond hair. Wow she is really nice. They plan the fight against Alses and his mansion in order to rescues Lira.

Did De Bohr ever piss Lira just by showing in a Tytania uniform. Lira was furious and was De Bohr ever being stupid about his proclamation of no choice and right thing to do as well as there was avoiding with what happened to the grand-mother, well though luck but I ain't buying it and curse him!

Everything changes next. Berthier finds out about the ship that Fan was to be on as abandoned. Tries to warn Alses then BOOM! Attack! Guess that was too late! I had a great great smile enjoying Alses mansion being blown by gut wrenching artillery shells from the ground vehicles and missiles from air vehicles. Oh, was it great pleasures seeing that gay pedo ( he does like small little young boys and that was mentioned in one of the episodes) SOB having its own things destroyed like this.

When Fan approached the mansion of Alses, I was surprised the little kid actually helps him and remembered that time he was with Fan when he was with Alses. So Fan along with Pages/Miranda and Michael go into the mansion with some directions from the boy. Fan took no time to find Lira and she also smacked down De Bohr with chair.Great, that SOB betrayed deserved more but I guess I will be satisfied with that.

The whole environment despite being a war zone got somehow so warm. Fan reunited finally with Lira Florenz! ^_^ so happy! It was a great moment to see them together and Lira being emotional I got teary there a little of being happy. It was also funny how Fan shows himself with his two hands up like he was arrested in front of Lira. Then the problems comes! Alses who I though he would be dead somehow shows up with a gun. Threatening Lira and Fan.

The next scene that followed left so much T_T crying that it was very teary. At first I though in the whole thing someone or something is going to happen and then BOOM Alses is dead somehow. What followed left me without words and staring at what was to unfold. Lira says sorry to Fan and pushes him away to run towards Alses in order to stop him. She then throws herself with Alses in the pond full of those piranha fishes. Fan tries to save her but alas she never makes it. Lira T_T Noooooo! No! No! Why did not Fan try CPR, why he did not save her? Why did she have to die? Was it the only way to infuriate Fan against Tytania? Completely devastated.

I really wanted Lira to survive somehow. I wanted her with Fan but alas not a chance. The last kiss Fan had with Lira was very sad sad. The only thing that happened after was that Miranda blows up one of air vehicles from Tytania, Alses is still alive ($#$%#$#%$#$%#$%) and Fan makes final farewells to Lira. T_T Damn you Tytania. Next episode I hope to see Fan destroy many more Tytania ships and from the looks of it there will be a battle.

1.R.I.P. Lira Florenz
2.R.I.P. Lira Florenz

In spoiler

1.A new commander and ally of Fan? Or does she work for Dr.Lee?
2.Cute picture of Zalisch's mother when she was younger.
slayer545-samaDec 26, 2008 10:01 PM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 27, 2008 6:09 PM

Jan 2008
A very good episode, with many consequences for the plot. Things will be moving from this point on ; tellingly, the next episode is titled "The beginning of the end".

I had a couple of questions after watching, though. I wasn't absolutely certain why the "Free Enmental" faction decided to assist Fan, since strictly there wasn't likely to be any immediate gain from doing so. On the contrary, it would deplete their stockpile of weapons, and lead to a crackdown by Tytania. In other words, they would be unable to remain hidden in Enmental any longer.

The second question is what next. Fan is now stuck on Enmental, and Berthier's fleet is returning to reinforce Enmental. Assuming ground weapons are ineffective against fleets, then this means that Fan must have a fleet (Dr Lee's?) somewhere to complete the escape. If so, then this leads to the possibility of evacuating the "Free Enmental" faction and it's sizable stock of ground weapons as well.

Looking forward to the next episode.
lordshadowisleDec 27, 2008 6:19 PM
Dec 29, 2008 8:37 PM

Aug 2008
Looks like I was right...Lira's only raison d'etre was to become a motivating factor for Fan...very lame...very, very lame.
Dec 30, 2008 1:32 AM

Jun 2008
I thought that this episode gonna be an interesting one,but it just happen to be the opposite uninteresting and lame.

Disappointment episode.....
Dec 30, 2008 1:54 AM

Feb 2008
noteDhero said:
Looks like I was right...Lira's only raison d'etre was to become a motivating factor for Fan...very lame...very, very lame.

I wouldn't say that. In LOGH
Dec 30, 2008 2:02 AM

Mar 2008
Wow, that was a rather disappointing episode, for once. The plot was not very convincing and it was not really exciting either.

I admit I didn't see it coming. She didn't have much screentime and there was not much development with her. Moreover I was under the impression she would be a main character because of her presence in the ED. At least we now have the solid reason why Fan would go against Tytania.

I hope it will be better soon. I mean honestly. What did Fan really do? After his one victory, everyone did everything for him and he never had anything to do himself.
Dec 30, 2008 2:21 AM

Oct 2008
Well, her presence in ED is deceiving now. Maybe they will change ED scenes.
Still, my hopes are on Fan + Lidia.
Dec 30, 2008 4:11 AM

May 2007
It was quite sad to see Lira die. I thought what happened to Alses was very cliché; a narcissistic baddy getting his comeupins by having half his face horribly scarred.

Doesn't Major Sonia, with her red uniform, look like Little Red Riding Hood? LOL
Dec 30, 2008 7:35 AM
Nov 2008
WAT?!
How can Lira die?!? Didnt see that coming at all. T.T
Also i agree that, what happened to Alses was classic, he reminds me of Orange somehow minus the loyalty.
A good episode in my opinion.
I wonder what happens to Fan now since he is stuck at Enmental. Will Lee come and save him?
Cant wait for the next episode.
but RIP Lira T.T, very sad (((
Dec 30, 2008 9:03 AM

May 2008
Whether this was a good episode or a bad episode really depends on where the series goes from here. If it finally marks the turning point of the series and causes Fan to become more than a figurehead for the Tytania resistance then it did what it was going for. If the series continues to be people gathering around Fan solely because of the Battle of Cerberus while Tytania keeps undermining itself via all the political in-fighting then this episode didn't really achieve anything.
Dec 30, 2008 9:46 AM

Aug 2008
Echelon said:
noteDhero said:

But Sieg was very essential to Reinhard's sanity and ethical boundaries. How many times was Sieg mentioned after his death regarding whether Reinhard would chose a lot of the actions he would. And besides, Reinhard was going to conquer anyways, Annerose's leaving had sealed that long before.
Dec 30, 2008 1:26 PM

Oct 2008
A revenge is the strongest force behind human acts. There is no more Mr Nice Guy, I hope.
Anyway, this death was as unexpected and shocking as Shirley's in CG.
Dec 30, 2008 1:40 PM
Dec 2007
Przemos19 said:
A revenge is the strongest force behind human acts. There is no more Mr Nice Guy, I hope.
Though that death you mentioned led to a lot of stupid decisions in following episodes... like how the killer was never punished, or even more illogical, how he was trusted to do important missions.

I have to agree with noteDhero here, but less on the fact she was used as a stepping stone and more on the fact she barely had let her touch be felt. Maybe if Fan and her had spent more time together, or overcomed something, or whatever. But as things stood, she just trapped him into joining her little group of terrorists, they had one tender love moment, then she helped him escape. That was all the time they spent together, clearly not enough to learn much about each other. But they clearly were rushing to give Fan a reason to strike back, and this ws the easiest one.

Dec 30, 2008 3:11 PM

Sep 2008
I felt sad for Lira. And I didn't see it coming, I did expect something bad to happen to him so he would hate Tytania, but I didn't expect this. Maybe I was just too blindly hoping for them to stay together since they were cute together.

Who knows, but one is sure. There was nothing genius in his plans shown in this episode. I mean, everyone said after ep11 that he is probably going to use comets while he infiltrates, and he did.
I wonder how are things going to work from now on, and most importantly, is Lira going to be remembered till the end, or was she here for first 12 episodes just to die and be forgotten while Fan goes on a rampage, but never mentioning her again...
Dec 30, 2008 6:02 PM

Feb 2008
well it was pretty much a given that something personal had to happen to get him to get off his ass. her death seems to be the most effective way to that end.

i think shirley's death was a far greater shock than lira's
Dec 30, 2008 6:11 PM
Feb 2008
i think alses should have gone down with lira
Dec 30, 2008 6:17 PM

Sep 2008
Yeah, Alses staying alive and without one part of his face is just a cliche...and a big one. Big bad villain without one side of his face, and crazy too(his laugh)...
Dec 30, 2008 8:46 PM

Jun 2007
wtf! She died so fast! What's worse is she drowned and it didn't even look like she tried to save her self.... GAY!
Dec 30, 2008 10:00 PM

May 2007
I did not expect Lira to die, it was a bummer, mainly because her death was pointless, the helicopter was shot down a second later and Alses lived, for one episode more at least.

Now that Fan cares let's see what happens.
My anime list
Dec 31, 2008 1:44 AM

Dec 2008
Damn... couldn't she just have pushed Alses into the piranha pool instead of throwing herself into it with him?? I mean.. she has reached him! She would have been able to kick his ass and take away his weapon! *sigh*
Dec 31, 2008 3:24 AM

Jan 2008
Yawn, I guess they'll finally start progressing the plot. So far, Tytania is my biggest disappointment from all this autumn anime series.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Dec 31, 2008 4:06 AM

Feb 2008
noteDhero said:
Echelon said:
noteDhero said:

But Sieg was very essential to Reinhard's sanity and ethical boundaries. How many times was Sieg mentioned after his death regarding whether Reinhard would chose a lot of the actions he would. And besides, Reinhard was going to conquer anyways, Annerose's leaving had sealed that long before.

I think I took your point the wrong way at first, lol.

Yeah, it really does suck though. I was hoping something would happen between the two also... but it doesn't look like that'll be the case. I do hope Fan is a lot more motivated now and the plot pushes forward a bit more.
Dec 31, 2008 8:10 AM

Mar 2008
I do hope this episode marks a turning point in the series, otherwise I'll be VERY disappointed (more than what I already am).
Dec 31, 2008 6:01 PM

Mar 2008
Echelon said:
noteDhero said:
Echelon said:
noteDhero said:

I think I took your point the wrong way at first, lol.

Yeah, it really does suck though. I was hoping something would happen between the two also... but it doesn't look like that'll be the case. I do hope Fan is a lot more motivated now and the plot pushes forward a bit more.

Other than that... Fan didn't really have a reason to hate Tytania... but now....they had to kill off Fan's love interest

it'll be interesting how the waking dragon will react.
Jan 1, 2009 9:26 AM

Dec 2007
mitamaking said:
I did not expect Lira to die, it was a bummer, mainly because her death was pointless, the helicopter was shot down a second later and Alses lived, for one episode more at least.

Now that Fan cares let's see what happens.

Agreed. Lira didn't have to die either - didn't she ever hear of pushing?

This ep pissed me off more than it made me sad.
Jan 1, 2009 10:55 PM

May 2008
Nice episode. Hope things start moving now.
Jan 1, 2009 11:51 PM

Jun 2007
So how did Alses not realize half his face had been bitten off before his servant noticed?
XD
ED is super deceiving... I thought Lira would be a main character -_- lies!

Jan 2, 2009 2:54 AM

Oct 2008
magentaanbu - probably they will change it ;>?
Jan 2, 2009 7:36 AM

Jul 2007
Lolol Alses is like the traditional masked guy that they have in every season of Gundam now. But seriously, how did it take him that long to learn half his face was gone??

magentaanbu said:

XD
ED is super deceiving... I thought Lira would be a main character -_- lies!

Same!! I kinda expected it in the episode but, she could have just pushed him in D: Pfft, I thought she'd be more a main character, there was no need for her to die well, there obviously was to move the plot forward and make Fan angry at Tytania but ... she still coulda just pushed him in.

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Jan 2, 2009 11:02 PM

Feb 2008
A lot of people don't expect Lira to die, either do I, the same goes for Shirley in Code Geass like a person said above, yeah I cried back and wtf happend.
Yeah I know this plot going to continue but what did she do something like that.
There could be another way in that situation.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 3, 2009 2:15 AM

Oct 2008
Kimmie-chan - adrenaline or other hormone, shock, etc. In real combat there were soldiers which did not notice half of their hands blown off, or being seriously wounded.
Jan 3, 2009 11:11 AM
Nov 2008
this sucks...didn't want her to die..and alses survived..this really sucks
Jan 3, 2009 8:41 PM

Aug 2008
Ugh, this episode sucked. Now it's "Tytania? Meh. Wait, they killed my crush? JIHAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Two words: Brittanian medicine. Or more correctly, Tytanian medicine.

And now Alses is wearing a mask that looks like Orange-kun's...

And it doesn't stop there!
Przemos19 said:
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Jan 4, 2009 4:29 AM
Dec 2008
Pretty good episode i thought, but man is this show LOGH but with far inferior writing.
Still very enjoyable because it's very LOGH though.
Jan 4, 2009 10:46 AM

Dec 2007
find the death of Lira pretty unexpected since she looked like the main female character but it can't be a bad thing for the scenario which will be less anecdotic (I hope)

It's just sad that we didn't see her more before (only 1-2 episodes, her links with fan should've been more lighter than it was ;) )
Jan 4, 2009 5:25 PM

Dec 2007
noteDhero said:

Quoted for truth
Also, in this episode we've learned how Tytania is competent in setting planet blockades and securing their local palaces (HQs) on them.
Jan 5, 2009 4:39 AM

Aug 2008
The more I think about it, I'm pretty sure Fan was handed an Idiot Ball this episode. As it seems that this certain Idiot Ball will have rather lasting effects, I'm pretty sure I'll be dropping Tytania.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Jan 5, 2009 6:01 AM

Nov 2007
why! why did lira have to die.....
Jan 11, 2009 10:21 AM

Aug 2008
It wasn't that bad, but it wasn't great either.

What I do like about Tytania is how everything is spelled out for you. I could almost predict the entire episode just by watching the preview.
Jan 14, 2009 4:04 PM

Sep 2007
How did Lira manage to not get eaten by fishes, not kill Alses, and yet still die?

I could understand her drowning if she was sacrificing herself to kill Alses, but she didn't. She just... decided not to swim?

Lame. Lame, lame, lame.
Feb 1, 2009 8:24 AM
Aug 2008
naikou said:
How did Lira manage to not get eaten by fishes, not kill Alses, and yet still die?

I could understand her drowning if she was sacrificing herself to kill Alses, but she didn't. She just... decided not to swim?

Lame. Lame, lame, lame.

I agree, the writers apparently started drinking their water out of lead-lined cups when writing this episode.

There was another major problem that irked me: common sense and tactics would suggest that Fan should have at least one backup guy when he goes up the stairs. Even the USA special forces operate with the "buddy system," and ordinary troops move in fire teams of four or more to help concentrate fire, bandage the wounded, etc.

But that was minor compared to the already-mentioned flaws. Lira is good enough at hand-to-hand that she beat an infantryman and took his rifle -- but she couldn't figure out how to push one stupid aristocrat without falling in? Then she has enough breath to shout at Fan but doesn't have enough breath to try to swim.
Mar 7, 2011 5:01 PM
Jul 2008
Poor Lira so sad.
Oct 20, 2013 2:54 AM

Nov 2009
So it turns to a plot for revenge . . . Well, whatever. Anyways, I feel like her death was rather, pointless . . . I mean had she stayed put in that prison he could have used another path to escape. Oh well.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tytania Episode 26 Discussion

skriticos - Mar 31, 2009

49 by oooo3333 »»
May 3, 2022 2:36 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 20 Discussion

noteDhero - Mar 13, 2009

21 by Cnon »»
Feb 22, 2021 1:58 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 21 Discussion

cyruz - Mar 20, 2009

25 by Accelerator48 »»
Oct 22, 2020 6:34 AM

» Does the anime cover the entirety of the novels?

Rarestar - Jun 1, 2019

2 by Roloko »»
Jun 28, 2020 6:56 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 17 Discussion

Faust721 - Feb 14, 2009

21 by Gundam_Sage »»
Feb 5, 2019 9:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.