Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 24, 2013 9:22 PM
Mar 2012
PHOTOBUCKET BANDWIDTH REACHED. WILL REUPLOAD PICS AGAIN SOON.

We may all know Yuyushiki as another moe series for us to watch casually. But after compiling some data, we may have to look at Yuyushiki at a whole new perspective.

Meet Yui, the main blonde-haired protagonist of the series. She is the only level-headed person in the trio of friends. But why is that? BECAUSE HER OTHER TWO FRIENDS YUZUKO AND YUKARI DOESN'T EXIST. In episode two, we see Yui holding imitation puppets of Yukari on the right and Yuzuko on the left. Throughout the anime, these positions of the "real" people never change, when they're walking, shopping, or whatever. This insinuates that Yui is a lonely person, therefore talks to these puppets and giving them names similar to hers.

Also, there are commonly dream-like auras during the series, the fluffy white borders. This can be her dream state, perhaps a relapse of memories before a traumatic incident that caused her hallucinations. Okaa-san, actually a school nurse, lets Yui use the Data Entry Club alone in order for her to forget her past for a while. Okaa-san also uses the whiteboard in order to figure out Yui's current train of thought. There are only two computers because there were never three people: just Yui and occasionally Okaa-san.

Another fact to point out: Her name is Yui Ichii, in English, if ignoring the correct Japanese characters for "Ichii," would translate to "only one." Also, if we take the title "Yuyushiki," again ignoring the correct Japanese spelling, it would translate to "evening demon." And of course, these puppets are the only "people" in the series with unnatural hair color in a realistic point of view. Is this all speculation? Pretty much. But I'd like to see this happen, with the last few episodes revealing Yui's mental trauma. A nice plot twist for those bored of the generic moe genre.

Larger picture

EPISODE 3 UPDATE

EPISODE 4 UPDATE

EPISODE 5 UPDATE

EPISODE 6 UPDATE

MANGA

OTHER
-Karoshi-Nov 25, 2013 2:05 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 24, 2013 9:28 PM
May 2012
I will never look at Yuyushiki the same way ever again.
Apr 24, 2013 11:06 PM

Nov 2010
okay... Is this some kind of new f**ked up trolling? Though a mere speculation this is just turning my stomach. I feel like I've been trolled hard.
Apr 25, 2013 12:19 AM

Mar 2012
this makes the show depressing now D:

just like how yuru yuri is in an infinite time loop
joyas120Apr 25, 2013 12:42 AM
Apr 25, 2013 6:06 PM
Mar 2012
Finally updated to episode 3.
Apr 26, 2013 4:47 AM

May 2010
......U are kidding me.......I can't see yuyushiki the same way now..

but if it ends up like that then bammmm 8+ ratings for it at least.
Apr 26, 2013 4:14 PM

May 2009
Well, as someone who reads the manga, that's not going to happen, lol unless the anime starts to do original stuff

Anyway, the theory is interesting, but something like this would change completely the genre of the series, I don't think drama fits a SoL. except for episode 11
Apr 26, 2013 4:24 PM

Jul 2011
Shizumi said:
Well, as someone who reads the manga, that's not going to happen

4chan community isn't that good yet.
Apr 26, 2013 4:32 PM

Jun 2007
Jean_Claymore said:
okay... Is this some kind of new f**ked up trolling? Though a mere speculation this is just turning my stomach. I feel like I've been trolled hard.

It's retarded 4chan trolling shit, it's the same thing they tried pulling with the daily lives of high school boys and plenty of others. It's a new way of attentionwhoring because you make this kind of stupid shit up and then you get to see your posts reposted again and again and feel like 'somebody' for a season.
Apr 27, 2013 10:49 AM

Jan 2012
Cannot unsee... This is a pretty convincing argument, oh my please no *_*
Apr 27, 2013 11:00 AM

Feb 2013
ReasonDesu said:

What if it is? What does that change about the show? How does that even affect it?

It isn't true, though.
Apr 27, 2013 11:04 AM

Jan 2012
Misuzi said:
ReasonDesu said:

What if it is? What does that change about the show? How does that even affect it?

It isn't true, though.

Well it would make a relaxed slice of life rather depressing. I enjoy both ends of the spectrum but it would have been a shock. I see it's just /a/ trolling, but this one is rather clever, especially for them.
Apr 27, 2013 11:14 AM

Sep 2011
I can't tell if this is the most retarded thing I have read or the most genius

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 27, 2013 6:31 PM

Oct 2012
Shizumi said:
Well, as someone who reads the manga, that's not going to happen, lol unless the anime starts to do original stuff

Anyway, the theory is interesting, but something like this would change completely the genre of the series, I don't think drama fits a SoL. except for episode 11

hmm...idk how far into the manga you've already read, but perhaps the mangaka revealed what the ending is to the producer for a plot twist in the end?

Pretty cool idea. If this were real, the ratings would probably go up to the 8.somethings~

Apr 27, 2013 6:44 PM

Mar 2011
Well there's one series I'm never watching...
Apr 28, 2013 7:08 AM

Sep 2008
alexpte said:
Meet Yui, the main blonde-haired protagonist of the series. She is the only level-headed person in the trio of friends. But why is that? BECAUSE HER OTHER TWO FRIENDS YUZUKO AND YUKARI DOESN'T EXIST.

Almost sounds like a troll from Urobuchi-sensei, well I know he hasn't worked in this type of anime before but I guess after Madoka I can't say it for sure.
Apr 28, 2013 10:25 AM

Oct 2012
For all we know, this could all just be a coincidence that the mangaka unknowingly created...

Apr 28, 2013 12:44 PM

Dec 2010
alexpte said:

Another fact to point out: Her name is Yui Ichii, in English would translate to "only one."

Only half of this is correct. The translation for the kanji of her first name is correct, however her family name is actually 櫟井, which is read "Ichii", but for some odd reason you decided to change it to the kanji for the number one "一" which in English would simply be "ichi". 0/10 for the /a/non that failed at translating it.

Otherwise cool speculation.
Kaede-ProApr 28, 2013 12:47 PM
Apr 28, 2013 5:52 PM
Mar 2012
Clive-choi said:

Only half of this is correct. The translation for the kanji of her first name is correct, however her family name is actually 櫟井, which is read "Ichii", but for some odd reason you decided to change it to the kanji for the number one "一" which in English would simply be "ichi". 0/10 for the /a/non that failed at translating it.

Otherwise cool speculation.

I'll be sure to state this for further accuracy
Apr 29, 2013 3:49 AM

Dec 2009
Too deep

TOO DEEP
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Apr 30, 2013 3:54 PM
Feb 2010
pure coincidence
Apr 30, 2013 4:12 PM
Oct 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
I can't tell if this is the most retarded thing I have read or the most genius

Genius, as long as it accurately reflects what the show has shown, it is most certainly genius. Doesn't mean that it is true, but until some fact in the show kills the theory, it is a valid interpretation.
Apr 30, 2013 4:12 PM

Dec 2011
People who read the manga says this is not happening.
But...
Yui's reaction when she thought she was alone in the entire school... gives even more clues that the theory might be right....
Apr 30, 2013 4:31 PM

Jan 2013
It fits too well. Though, for the sake of my sanity, I'm still going to say it's innocent of this claim.
Syrup-Apr 30, 2013 4:35 PM
Apr 30, 2013 4:45 PM

Dec 2011
I was frightened for a short time.
Fortunetly there are two things that makes the theory fall apart.

1- In episode 3, the text message Aikawa recieves at the end, was from Nonohhara Yuzuko (Red haired one) and she also states that she met her in the library.

2-(i know it's not updated to apisode 4, but still) In episode 4 Aikawa states again that she met Yuzuko in the library.

Ahhhh... that was a scary half hour...
Apr 30, 2013 6:41 PM

Nov 2011
TallonKarrde23 said:
Jean_Claymore said:

It's retarded 4chan trolling shit, it's the same thing they tried pulling with the daily lives of high school boys and plenty of others. It's a new way of attentionwhoring because you make this kind of stupid shit up and then you get to see your posts reposted again and again and feel like 'somebody' for a season.

Joking around =/ trolling.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Apr 30, 2013 7:19 PM

Jan 2013
Zaraquiel99 said:
I was frightened for a short time.
Fortunetly there are two things that makes the theory fall apart.

1- In episode 3, the text message Aikawa recieves at the end, was from Nonohhara Yuzuko (Red haired one) and she also states that she met her in the library.

2-(i know it's not updated to apisode 4, but still) In episode 4 Aikawa states again that she met Yuzuko in the library.

Ahhhh... that was a scary half hour...

That proof is meaningless. Multiple personalities can come out at any time. The proof that breaks it for me is the fact that the mother said to Yui "we haven't had others over in a long while."

Even if it is flop, this is anime we are talking about. Why are we watching anime if we can't take a 4chan theory the same way? We believe in anime for the ride, so let's just "believe" theories for as far as they will hold water. So much as it is still entertaining.

ie. believe what you want. We're not stopping anyone from believing that their version of the anime is correct.
Apr 30, 2013 7:41 PM
Oct 2012
pseudoenigma said:
We believe in anime for the ride, so let's just "believe" theories for as far as they will hold water.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

If it is only a "conspiracy theory" then those who oppose it should be able to prove it for the garbage it is.

If they can't, then bitching about the theory shows the person doing it to be a pathetic whiner pissed because someone has more imagination than they do.

One of the great fun of watching a good show is that there is a huge funnel of possible outcomes, and the viewer is rewarded by being able to winnow this funnel down by picking up clues from the show. If I wanted something brainless I would stick with American television.

Incidentally this is what separates great from good and bad. A bad show contradicts itself, a good show doesn't. A great show makes you think there is a contradiction until the end where the author surprises you with something that should have been obvious, but because of their talent you missed it.

This isn't only true of mysteries you know.
Apr 30, 2013 8:39 PM
Mar 2012
Updated it to episode 4. Also, I downsized the images of episode 3 to fit the page. Have fun~
Apr 30, 2013 9:51 PM

May 2010
I am more and more starting to be convinced hha.
Apr 30, 2013 9:56 PM

Nov 2012
seems legit..
but still speculation.
will watch it till the end..im liking it so far :)
Apr 30, 2013 11:07 PM
Aug 2010
this theory makes this show more interesting
May 1, 2013 2:03 AM

Sep 2012
I don't even care if this is retarded or not.

This theory makes the show a lot more enjoyable. From now on I will not watch this series with only half of my attention and my brain bein asleep the whole time. This kind of things are too interesting to be ignored.
May 1, 2013 6:05 AM

Aug 2012
my mind...its blown...I should not have read this I will not be able to enjoy it as just a random comedy now...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
May 1, 2013 9:59 AM

May 2012
Ugh....This is about as wild conjecture as one can manage. You're missing the point that Aikawa was interacting with Yuzuko when Yui was clearly stuck in the hospital.

And many other points are being molded to fit all of this crazy speculation. This show is not an original work. It's based off a 4Koma.

Before you even begin to try and make a case, you're going to have to cross-reference with the source material.

But, people here can have fun with this one if they want. Still, the things that people come up with when they're bored...
May 1, 2013 12:43 PM

May 2012
Misuzi said:
vampko said:
Ugh....This is about as wild conjecture as one can manage. You're missing the point that Aikawa was interacting with Yuzuko when Yui was clearly stuck in the hospital.

And many other points are being molded to fit all of this crazy speculation. This show is not an original work. It's based off a 4Koma.

Before you even begin to try and make a case, you're going to have to cross-reference with the source material.

But, people here can have fun with this one if they want. Still, the things that people come up with when they're bored...

>says the guy with a Kill Me Baby avatar

....?
Yasuna was completely ground in all her thinking!...probably
May 1, 2013 4:43 PM

Dec 2012
Damn it!
I liked watching this to relax...
May 2, 2013 4:05 AM

Sep 2011
Hahaha.

Never change, /a/.

Never change.

now i feel funny as I was readin' the original thread for some reason and was wonderin' why everybody was like mind blown, but now I get it.
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

May 2, 2013 4:31 AM

Jan 2011
Misuzi you got to chill the fuck out, bro. You seem to be taking this whole theory way to personally.
May 2, 2013 5:11 AM

Dec 2011
I find very convienient that you totally forgot to place the image wen Aikawa ask permision to Yukari and Yuzuko (the suposed dolls) to take a photo WHEN YUI IS ASLEEP!!
What was that? Yui half asleep and looking at Aikawa playing with her dolls? I don't think so.

I'm having fun with this topic.

Fun fact thought, if this is realy a deconstruction (whic the manga readers says, is not) it will start develop in the following two chapters.

On the other hand, i would like to ask if some one has a link to the manga, i've been looking for it for a couple of days now, and it doesn't seems to even exist in the internet....
May 2, 2013 5:40 AM

Sep 2009
people seem to forgot a very obvious thing about this show.

It's a 4-KOMA based, moe, daily life, comedy series that is not supposed to be taking seriously.

it is not a psycho-drama.

also people have interacted with the other two girls and asked where they were.
May 2, 2013 5:42 AM

Sep 2012
And your point is ? Can't we have fun with some wild theories even if we all knew that show is just some random comedy ?
Some guys here are taking this topic way too seriously.
May 2, 2013 11:07 AM

Sep 2010
I feel like this is giving a slice of life anime too much credit.
(hopefully better )
May 2, 2013 12:27 PM

May 2009
Zaraquiel99 said:

On the other hand, i would like to ask if some one has a link to the manga, i've been looking for it for a couple of days now, and it doesn't seems to even exist in the internet....

I would like to help, but I actually own physical copies of the manga, since I also couldn't find any link to download it. If you're fine with a good place to buy them, I sure can help.
May 2, 2013 6:27 PM

Dec 2011
Shizumi said:

I would like to help, but I actually own physical copies of the manga, since I also couldn't find any link to download it. If you're fine with a good place to buy them, I sure can help.

Yeah... i would be fine with it but... i live in Colombia... so...
If by any chance you know a place in Bogotá-Colombia where i can buy them. Sure, that will be a lot of help XD
May 2, 2013 6:40 PM

Jan 2010
The funny thing is that it makes some sense!

I know it's just someone's imagination going wild, but it's still fun to read. And yes, I'll keep coming back to this thread for more theories after every episode.
May 2, 2013 7:33 PM

Oct 2012
You guys...you're so funny. Some of you guys take this was too seriously. It makes the show that much more fun when you have a little imagination :)

May 3, 2013 2:56 PM

May 2009
Zaraquiel99 said:
Yeah... i would be fine with it but... i live in Colombia... so...
If by any chance you know a place in Bogotá-Colombia where i can buy them. Sure, that will be a lot of help XD

@Zaraquiel99
Just sent a PM to you.

@Takei_Hisa
I've read until about half of v4, it's hard to know the chapter cause they're not numbered. The series has 5 volumes, with the 5th one released a week ago. So, as far as I read, there's not a single hint of this theory happening, and the story is like always, comedy, their daily life, some yuri, etc. Sure the author could do this and tell the ending to the anime staff, but I find this very unlikely.

@topic
agree with previous posts, it's very unlikely this show will be different from most shows of the genre. It is a relaxing series, not meant to have a heavy story. Nothing against heavy stories, but I think there are other animes for that. Just search for Urobuchi works.
But sure, everyone is free to use their imagination, that's why we have doujinshi.
May 4, 2013 2:25 PM
May 2013
Wooh this all makes sense now it's all so clear! So the reason Aki-san doesn't want to talk to the main character's friends is because they're puppets and she asks here if she is alone because she is a nurse too!
May 4, 2013 9:42 PM

May 2010
50kAmon said:
Wooh this all makes sense now it's all so clear! So the reason Aki-san doesn't want to talk to the main character's friends is because they're puppets and she asks here if she is alone because she is a nurse too!

Um...actually it is just a theory..It can be true but it can not be...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2013

112 by katakumplat »»
Feb 16, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2013

44 by katakumplat »»
Feb 11, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2013

49 by katakumplat »»
Feb 7, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2013

69 by katakumplat »»
Feb 5, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Yuyushiki Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 28, 2013

49 by katakumplat »»
Jan 28, 2:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.