Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 18, 2013 3:41 PM

Jan 2011
Wow I didn't think they'd actually kill Keita.

Next ep looks fun, there weren't any tanks in the game but I'm not surprised to see them.
[center]
Apr 18, 2013 3:42 PM

Sep 2012
I can't believe the anime actually killed Keita Thank god, he was annoying
Considering they are introducing the second septentrion next episode, it looks like this anime could actually be 2-cour. If they keep it as slow paced as they have.

Hinako and Fumi <3
Apr 18, 2013 3:53 PM

Feb 2013
Didn't expect them to kill Keita. Gives me a feeling that they might kill most of the characters.
Apr 18, 2013 4:05 PM

Mar 2011
Raikomyth said:
I can't believe the anime actually killed Keita Thank god, he was annoying
Considering they are introducing the second septentrion next episode, it looks like this anime could actually be 2-cour. If they keep it as slow paced as they have.

Hinako and Fumi <3

I hope Fumi's personality will have enough screentime. Her quirks are just too cute.
And yeah, I'm saying this thing about a 2-cours since last week. Monday isn't even the "longer" day, so if they take 3 eps for it, a 2 cours is a given. Even with 2 eps for each remaining day it wouldn't really work anymore now. And they'll probably put some FATE scenes and background too...

The OVA thing would be very good but I'm not sure about it. It would be quite complicated to do since there are more differences between the endings than in p4. It would be awesome though.

Also. THE scene with Trumpeter (you all know what I'm talking about) will be awesome. I can't wait for it.
Apr 18, 2013 4:12 PM

Jul 2012
Mediocre at best. Not grabbing my attention that much.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Apr 18, 2013 4:13 PM

May 2010
I didn't think they would kill off Keita in the same episode he was introduced, caught me off guard with that one. I'm still wondering how on earth they are going to fit this into a 13 episode series.

Looking forward for next week's episode.
Apr 18, 2013 5:18 PM

Jan 2012
Hence, Final Destination cellphone version started.. xD
Apr 18, 2013 5:20 PM

May 2012
Man why did they have to kill off Keita?! I was really starting to like his character. Oh well, awesome episode in my opinion and definitely looking forward to more!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Apr 18, 2013 5:24 PM

Oct 2010
Mehh lack of action.. Although liked the ep.
Apr 18, 2013 5:27 PM

Jul 2007
Another great episode. Not much to say.

THey implemented the auction in quite a decent way, nice.

Good bait-and-switch with Keita surviving only to die. Perfectly sets the mood up.

Falcie said:
Just like in my first playthrough, Keita died.

Even if they are changing a lot of things from the game, it's shaping up nicely.
I hope Keita is the only one to die...I like my characters alive and depending on the ending

I hope he does, tbh.

Whatever anime does I just hope that character won't be glorified as there's no glory in what that character wanted.
Apr 18, 2013 5:40 PM

May 2012
Keita disappeared in the ending video!!! So that probably means that he is really dead [kinda reminds me of Angel Beats ending video too]. Tsk tsk...
Apr 18, 2013 5:44 PM

Feb 2009
I'm glad they aren't just going the save everyone route, that would be really boring.
Apr 18, 2013 5:46 PM

Nov 2007
Two new summoners.

The missing person is the criminal, or rather, she's being controlled by the alien.

R.i.P Keita.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 18, 2013 5:50 PM
Jan 2013
>/Keita gets saved... yeah yeah I knew it
>/Keita dies... urmgee, did not see that comingasdfghjkl how are they just going to set him aside likenthat?!
>action pretty boring-ish, we all know the best music and action is in the game :3

Ahhh I like that idea of the ending xD
Apr 18, 2013 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
rebelakuma said:
Keita disappeared in the ending video!!! So that probably means that he is really dead [kinda reminds me of Angel Beats ending video too]. Tsk tsk...
that shit was depressing hopefully more than the main 3 make it to the end

As they saw Keitas dead face i thought even if you see the future what makes you think you saw the right one~,still was kinda surprised to see him die so soon no one is safe! :(.
Apr 18, 2013 6:08 PM

Feb 2013
A major character is gonna appear soon
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Apr 18, 2013 6:14 PM

Nov 2011
Didn't expect Keita to die since he didn't die during my play through then again I only played it once.

The characters introduction was different than in the game but its nothing important.

So a character disappeared from the ED when they died huh, that's pretty depressing.

I hope Daichi get a stronger demon soon or he'll be useless in a fight.

Apr 18, 2013 6:15 PM
Jan 2013
Jetstream_Sam said:
Keisuke!?

lol that's why that dude reminds me of someone XD
he joins JPs to protect those bullied :P

keita dies? meh, kinda see it coming waaaaay before this anime even start (from the trailer). though i kinda like his being tsundere :P
you can even get the clue if he'll die, guys. Keita's saved from SHARP IRON WAITING UNDER THE STAIR. Look at his death clip, he's not stabbed to any iron =.=
but somehow this reflects what people do in-game. I've seen so many people couldn't save keita in their first playthrough. besides, his death (and possibly hinako's strong will) helps Hibiki to

next will be....

about the path
Apr 18, 2013 6:16 PM

Jan 2013
this episode is pretty meh
although I was surprise that keita died
Apr 18, 2013 6:30 PM
Mar 2013
Keita's Death send a lot of us for a Loop, there just wasn't enough time with him on screen for me to get attached to him and like his character so didn't really mean anything to me that he died. other then that decent episode looking forward to next one hopefully lots more action will happen.
Apr 18, 2013 6:50 PM
Apr 2013
No way! Keita just made his debut only to die immediately in the episode?! I don't really like Keita in particular, but I think if he's going to die, it'll be better in the next episode instead of in the episode he just made his debut.

I'm 98% sure the ending would be anime original. And in one of the trailers, it's shown Hibiki only with Daichi and Io at the terminal (?), so I think they'll be the only ones left in the end (unless later they somehow restore the world like in the Triumphant ending and everyone are alive again). Though, I actually also have another speculation. At the end of the opening, there're words "Let's Survive". The words are the same as the one in Yamato's ending, right? It might be possible that the ending would be Yamato's.

Overall still a nice episode. I'm looking forward for the next one.
Apr 18, 2013 6:52 PM
Jan 2013
plot178 said:
Keita's Death send a lot of us for a Loop, there just wasn't enough time with him on screen for me to get attached to him and like his character so didn't really mean anything to me that he died. other then that decent episode looking forward to next one hopefully lots more action will happen.

i think it's because people think kishi will go to "perfect daichi ending" where nobody dies, but seeing that character death don't affect the storyline much like P4 (character death, i mean one of them results in game over to the game), killing character is an-okay....
the amount of total episode is at fault, now it's possible to get 13 episodes, since there won't be so much characters...
Apr 18, 2013 7:05 PM

Mar 2011
Nice episode
That familiar is pretty strong and it moves on its own?
I can grasp what this series want to do now
Apr 18, 2013 7:09 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:

Falcie said:

Even if they are changing a lot of things from the game, it's shaping up nicely.
I hope Keita is the only one to die...I like my characters alive and depending on the ending

I hope he does, tbh.

Whatever anime does I just hope that character won't be glorified as there's no glory in what that character wanted.

So um yeah, anyway...

Not a huge fan of this episode, but the ending did surprise me. I thought if anyone would die, it'd be the ones with their backs turned in the ending. Glad it won't be so predictable and that people will die.

The cracking bits were kind of silly and overdone. The whole thing kind of reminded me of that one episode of Evangelion where the Angel was penetrating Nerv but without as much going on otherwise (And Yamato's a lot less active and a lot more 'Gendoish' in this version too. Wonder if they're playing up the similarities or that's just me.). I didn't realize Fumi was going after the barrier to the tower, though; that part of the game make a whole lot more sense now.

Glad to have Fumi aboard too for next episode (if she's up).
Apr 18, 2013 7:09 PM

Jan 2011
OMG Keita died in 3rd epsiode O____O -tableflip- -goes fan rage-

Well true ending is gone, what is this show even aiming for? :/
EternalStarlightApr 19, 2013 1:41 AM
Apr 18, 2013 7:24 PM

Sep 2007
Oh dang I was joking with someone before this ep that Keita would just die and it really happened?? Though honestly, I never really...liked Keita...but still his death was sad. I mean, he was doing nice things during the battle! Where is the arrogant annoying Keita we all know and dislike mildly?

Anyways on more possible deaths
Apr 18, 2013 7:25 PM

Feb 2008
Just when I am starting to like anime Keita, he died D:
Didn't expect Keita to die since

Seeing how it's still monday in episode 4, I am worried about the pacing if it is just 13 episodes.
Apr 18, 2013 7:35 PM

Sep 2012
Uchihafan25 said:
Man why did they have to kill off Keita?!
With over a dozen of "participation members" and only 1 cour length, the death rate needs to be kept at around 1 per episode, so it is actually a question of who gets killed, and by way of elimination I guess Keita gets the short lot.

In fact I think this will also be the case when we see the anime adaptation of the Dangan Ronpa game where there are over a dozen "game participants" and perhaps just 1 cour for the anime. Kill rate needs to stay high so that a winner will emerge at the end.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 18, 2013 7:49 PM

Jul 2007
Skeeturz said:
Also funny that all of the JP's Layers seem to be named after Lovecraft mythos

^ This. I freaking laughed at out when I saw this. There were even the mythos creatures' titles along the side of the screen around 16:39. xD
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Apr 18, 2013 7:53 PM

Feb 2010
Surprised to see a lot of people having Keita die in their game, i don't exactly remember saving him being hard, but well i always use phantasm/devil speed since those really help to achieve some objectives.

Fai said:

Falcie said:

I hope he does, tbh.

:< meritocracy is glorious!

Apr 18, 2013 7:59 PM

Mar 2011
Frost190 said:
No way! Keita just made his debut only to die immediately in the episode?! I don't really like Keita in particular, but I think if he's going to die, it'll be better in the next episode instead of in the episode he just made his debut.

I'm 98% sure the ending would be anime original. And in one of the trailers, it's shown Hibiki only with Daichi and Io at the terminal (?), so I think they'll be the only ones left in the end (unless later they somehow restore the world like in the Triumphant ending and everyone are alive again). Though, I actually also have another speculation. At the end of the opening, there're words "Let's Survive". The words are the same as the one in Yamato's ending, right? It might be possible that the ending would be Yamato's.

The "let's survive" words are pretty much here since DS1. I would like Yamato's ending but they are here since quite a while, so it's pretty much a theme in the devil survivor serie.

now it's possible to get 13 episodes, since there won't be so much characters...
It doesn't work if they are going to take 2 or more episode for each day. And the following days have even MUCH MORE things to explain than monday. (dragon stream, shiva, etc)

The cracking bits were kind of silly and overdone. The whole thing kind of reminded me of that one episode of Evangelion where the Angel was penetrating Nerv but without as much going on otherwise (And Yamato's a lot less active and a lot more 'Gendoish' in this version too. Wonder if they're playing up the similarities or that's just me.). I didn't realize Fumi was going after the barrier to the tower, though; that part of the game make a whole lot more sense now.

Sadly (I pretty much hate EVA), a lot of the endings have a lot in common with EVA. I will not say anything else to avoid spoilers, but the common points are not exactly here for nothing.

Tofupika:

You KNOW that's the reason they are going to kill him. I still want his FATE events with his cat though.

Seeing how it's still monday in episode 4, I am worried about the pacing if it is just 13 episodes.

Don't forget that Toradora was also supposed to be a 13-eps on ANN and MAL at the beginning.

With over a dozen of "participation members" and only 1 cour length, the death rate needs to be kept at around 1 per episode, so it is actually a question of who gets killed, and by way of elimination I guess Keita gets the short lot.

That's not a problem. You also only see everyone for some hours in the game and then don't see them for a while until the end after their chapter. This, and the fact that a 1-cour seems unlikely. Possible, but unlikely. Monday should have been 2 day-long in a 1 - cour.

Also, it does have the same director as P4. Which was 2 cour - long, and not bad at all. I don't think he would do such an obvious mistake.
Apr 18, 2013 7:59 PM
Jan 2013
Frost190 said:

actually, in daichi's restorer ending we have words "let's survive". It'll be awkward to have "good luck", right?
memeki said:
Fai said:

Falcie said:

I hope he does, tbh.

So um yeah, anyway...

Not a huge fan of this episode, but the ending did surprise me. I thought if anyone would die, it'd be the ones with their backs turned in the ending. Glad it won't be so predictable and that people will die.

which condition? i don't see keita's back turned forward, and hinako's back's shown in one point of an ending....

though the "turning-back" theory makes sense somehow, since
Apr 18, 2013 8:05 PM

Mar 2011
dex_dash said:
Frost190 said:

actually, in daichi's restorer ending we have words "let's survive". It'll be awkward to have "good luck", right?
memeki said:
Fai said:

Falcie said:

I hope he does, tbh.

So um yeah, anyway...

which condition? i don't see keita's back turned forward, and hinako's back's shown in one point of an ending....

though the "turning-back" theory makes sense somehow, since

Not really...

willardhwrightApr 18, 2013 8:08 PM
Apr 18, 2013 8:05 PM

Sep 2011
DeadEnd2013 said:
cerhm said:
Dropped. I don't get what is the appeal of this show.

>Dropping Devil Survivor 2 The Animation and continuing to watch Date A Live

And your reasoning is appeal? Are you legit?

He must be blind.
Apr 18, 2013 9:19 PM
Apr 2013
Seeing Hibiki's personality, it's unlikely that the anime would follow Yamato's way of meritocracy. Only 13 episodes, huh...I feel it's kind of a waste with many great characters. They could have develop it much better. I know that there are some anime that would be better ended fast, but I think DS2 should have more episodes at least 26 or 22.

I wonder who will die next...
Apr 18, 2013 9:26 PM

Apr 2010
It has been great so far, next episode seems like it's gonna be intense

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Apr 18, 2013 9:36 PM

May 2012
Keita died in my playthrough so I wasn't too disappointed (his character seemed annoying :P). Although I hope my favorite characters don't end up dying like him....
Apr 18, 2013 10:17 PM
Dec 2012
It was OK. It felt like a computer game. Not so impressive as the 1st episode.
Apr 18, 2013 11:22 PM

Oct 2012
Great anime so far! Loved this episode!
Cant wait to see more :P
Apr 19, 2013 12:05 AM

Jul 2010
I imagine the ED will be looking pretty empty by the end...
Apr 19, 2013 12:45 AM

Sep 2010
Im getting very disappointed on this Anime MegaTen games are one of my favourite things, this anime is butchering badly DS2. Seiji Kishi ruined persona 4 the animation and its going to ruin Devil survivor 2 too.

also

Somebody noticed Keisuke (DS1) at JPs in Osaka

Looks like he is working at JPs now.
Apr 19, 2013 12:46 AM

Jun 2010
Wow. I thought Byakko was strong? It didn't do a single shit against the opponent. Lol at Daichi's summons, hope they will be somehow useful in the future cuz I feel sorry for him.

Tyrel said:
DeadEnd2013 said:
cerhm said:
Dropped. I don't get what is the appeal of this show.

>Dropping Devil Survivor 2 The Animation and continuing to watch Date A Live

And your reasoning is appeal? Are you legit?

He must be blind.

He's not even flaming the series, yet he gets this much hate. Maybe he likes romance more than action... Not that I'm saying Date A Live > Devil Survivor though!
Apr 19, 2013 1:10 AM

Mar 2013
willardhwright said:

Zakkun, about your

-MgZ_ said:
Wow. I thought Byakko was strong? It didn't do a single shit against the opponent.

It's because the opponent can reflect Elec skills,Byakko's ziodyne is pretty much useless against him.
Apr 19, 2013 1:18 AM

Jan 2013
Not liking this, but i'll stick with it.
Apr 19, 2013 1:27 AM

Nov 2011
Getting kinda boring, nice touch in the ED by removing the dead character.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 19, 2013 2:14 AM

May 2010
Someone died...
Apr 19, 2013 2:17 AM

Sep 2008
A decent episode, not something special, but also not bad.

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta run away from this thread since it seems to be overflowing with spoilers. Just make a frackin "well in a game they XYZ" thread and throw thousands of spoilers there.
Getting here to comment on an episode and seeing 90% of comments are not about the episode, but about the future events in a game is fucking annoying.
Apr 19, 2013 3:03 AM

Jul 2012
The only things I really like about this show now are the OP and ED songs. The concept seemed cool at first but I'm just meh at everything now. Lost that horror factor the show had in the first ep with the introduction of Nicaea. The MC kinda annoys me at times, ever since he started being all "must-protect-everyone". Well, I'm annoyed by everyone else too tbh.

If it doesn't pique my interest again next ep I'll most likely drop.
Apr 19, 2013 3:30 AM

Oct 2012
Now we have ms. Fanservice to keep up the show are we?

eh. It's ok. 3.5/5
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Apr 19, 2013 4:59 AM

Apr 2010
I believe it was a good episode. I've never got to play a lot Devil Survivor 2 on my Nintendo DS, so from this point the plot is new to me I wasn't expecting Keita to die.

Daichi and Io seriously need a good grinding session to catch new demons, lol.

I'm not too fond about Hibiki's character, he is not a valuable main character so far.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

259 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 12:07 PM

» Time Loop Theory (Game Spoilers)

Kaiser-chan - Jun 4, 2013

3 by HibiChika »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

180 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:34 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2013

184 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM

Poll: » Devil Survivor 2 The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2013

134 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Aug 23, 2021 8:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.