Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2013 7:17 AM

Nov 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is horrible!
ZolarAug 17, 2013 11:38 PM
Jun 27, 2013 8:43 AM
Mar 2013
it is ok, but golden boy is better
GengstaSajoSep 2, 2013 9:35 AM
Nov 29, 2013 1:53 PM
Nov 2013
This was pretty bad, this does not even come close to Golden Boy as far as I am concerned. My honest opinion, 45 minutes of my life that is now gone forever that I will never get back. As it is pretty old, I can forgive the quality of the animation, the story was as bad as it gets however. On a 10 scale this is about a 2 or 3, compared to Golden Boy which in my opinion was easily a solid 8 maybe even a 9.
Jan 29, 2014 1:54 AM

Dec 2008
Golden boy is a classic because many ages of audiences could watch it since it didnt do as much explicitly as Junk boy , not to mention the fact that golden boy was made later so the look was better ( more fluid and better drawn) and it had more episodes to build the characters so that a sense of empathy was created with the audience. But Junk boy is awsome because for a 80's anime it was true to male hormones and comedy, and on the real, it was hilarious then...and its still epic now!!! 7/10
Feb 21, 2014 4:55 AM

Sep 2013
as a true fan of golden boy, i watched this with a similar expectation and was extremely disappointed
it's not even about the animation quality. the story was just terrible :/ ryouhei was a perv from start to finish

the only redeeming part was his date with aki :L 4/10
May 14, 2014 7:28 PM

May 2012
Old but gold I must say! For an ecchi focused anime this wasn't half as bad as I expected it to be! It had some decent pacing and interesting characters and all in all a decent ending!
May 23, 2014 4:02 AM

Jun 2011
I don't even know why I watch this till the end.. It's pretty much about a perverted guy going around fucking/seducing different women (only one tho in the end) without really "earning" them.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 29, 2014 6:35 PM

Oct 2010
I hated this, Golden Boy is a classic, this feels like a rip off which is ironic considering it was made before it. It feels similar to Sword for Truth compared to Ninja Scroll in that sense. It has nothing to do with it being old, it just sucked. Golden Boy was hilarious but also charming, Junk Boy wasn't funny at all and its attempts to be endearing were just hollow. Waste of time.
Jul 3, 2015 3:09 AM

May 2014
Wow.... That was just as bad as I expected it to be. What the hell.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jul 15, 2015 6:20 PM

May 2015
What the? You people are crazy! This anime is amazing! The pacing was a bit fast at times but I thought JUNK BOY was great! It's a complete masterpiece, It made me feel and cry.
Dec 1, 2015 8:42 AM

Jan 2013
Why would people compare this to Golden Boy? I'm kind of lost here

I enjoyed it, even though it was mindless fun. The MC actually had balls to do whatever he wanted, and still get away with it. However I didn't quite like the girls' reaction to his actions. For example, him creeping into the editor's house while naked, and actually attempting to rape her with her still making a joke on it, is kind of exaggerating.

I liked the heroine as well, Aki. She developed nicely and her relationship with the main character is the highlight of this anime. The sex scenes were actually well made too. Nice date as well lol

6/10 for the rating
Jan 21, 2018 10:37 AM

Nov 2016
Dat job interview boner xD

Pretty entertaining OVA and I wouldn't mind if there were some episodes more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 30, 2018 9:13 PM
Jul 2014
So much negativity! Wow lol.

I'm an ecchi and fan service kind of guy so I really enjoyed this. The highlight as someone else mentioned was the MC's date with Aki. I liked the MC as well, probably because he reminded me of myself lol. All in all, I had a lot of fun watching this. Had a smile on my face the whole way through.
Mar 18, 2019 3:10 PM

Sep 2018
I'm not very far into this, but I just wanted to say so far for some reason I'm really liking this despite feeling like I should hate it.

Finished and I really liked this, it was dumb but charming at the same time, much like it's protagonist, lol.

Edit: went and watched the first episode of Golden Boy because so many people were comparing it to this. I guess I can see the similarities but really it's all superficial, they are really quite different characters despite both being energetic perverts. Also this is out and out boarderline hentai masquerading as ecchi, where Golden Boy is more a comedy adventure with ecchi as an element, quite different if you ask me.
KristiwazhereMar 18, 2019 11:50 PM
Nov 21, 2019 2:29 AM

Jan 2016
I don't know why people are looking for serious romance in this or something more, it's an ECCHI COMEDY and it's made to be enjoyed. Overall pretty good anime, it was funny and very energetic!
Apr 29, 2020 11:57 AM

Jun 2013
City Hunter Ryo Saeba cubed.
Sep 7, 2020 12:17 AM

Nov 2015
Rod_Russ said:
City Hunter Ryo Saeba cubed.

Er.. ryo saeba never got to anything, this MC is a real man, he got pussy!

💢

Feb 24, 2021 9:24 AM

Sep 2020
Moral of the story is that,💩💩💩

I forgot was there anything In the story to begin with
Nov 8, 2023 11:07 AM

Oct 2018
Creates a whole in the statue with his penis while going for the interview.

Gets a boner during the interview.

I would have preferred if it was him doing random stuff in the company like he did in the first half. The end half getting fixated on the reporter kinda made this stale.
Apr 16, 9:47 AM

Jun 2021
Manga has 205 chapters and I am pretty sure they didnt adapt the whole manga in these 45 minutes.

So Let's come to the main topic and my question, does anyone know what happened in the manga? I can only guess a little that he maybe found more girls and helped them (ehem), but my senses are telling me that he ended up with head editor Yuki. So is my assumption correct or manga ends in a cliffhanger and nothing is decided!
Yandere_@lover
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.