Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2013 3:47 PM

Mar 2012
MarlyTT said:
apau said:
It's so hard to adapt DECENTLY a Light novel? I think not, but yeah, mr. money it's much powerful it seems.

What a crap adaptation, I liked much the first 2 novels, they were fun, i really enjoyed it (gonna read the 3 soon) but what they did with the anime is...for condemning they all to die the most painful way possible.

And yeh, one of the "1" was voted by me.

I've read the novels, and I think it's a pretty good adaptation. I don't know what you're talking about.
Pacing problem.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 17, 2013 6:54 PM

Oct 2012
This adaption has a few pacing problems. And the thing about tohka inflicting almost no damage to origami, yeah, I didn't like that too much. They put so much effort into making tohka's rage look cool and devastating, like slicing the cliff, yet it's easily blocked by origami's shield. And origami wasn't even struggling to block tohka's attacks. She was just in a mental break down while there are energy waves flying at her. The LN was definitely done better. And the whole shidou falling from the sky out of nowhere. But despite that, the series is still quite enjoyable
Apr 17, 2013 7:27 PM
Dec 2012
Since Shido didn't die (or got resurrected), it felt cheap. Like some of other anime, now it's an ineffective cliche that characters don't die when they were supposed to die. When I see death scenes these days, I'm not surprised cuz I suspect they might be brought back to life later. If it's a zombie anime, it's OK. But when it happens to other genres, I'm not impressed.
Apr 17, 2013 7:37 PM

Mar 2012
What bother me is that with this pacing it create many plot hole.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 18, 2013 5:46 AM

Aug 2012
NeoAnkara said:

Before the anime is aired I saw the name of Shirane Hideki as Series Composition I knew this would happen. This guy is well known for turning good or decent original work to mediocre adaptions. Some victims include:

Shakugan no Shana I & III, Dream Eater Merry, Aria the Scarlet Ammo. I just hope he won't ruin DAL.
Apr 18, 2013 7:00 AM
Dec 2012
this episode has been raw for almost a week i think. have people translated it and all the sites ive found are slow or something?
THE OPPAI DRAGON SHALL SOON ARISE!
~Zoom Zoom Iyaan!
---------------------
Apr 18, 2013 8:28 AM

Apr 2012
dipz158 said:
this episode has been raw for almost a week i think. have people translated it and all the sites ive found are slow or something?

Afaik there is some problem with the editor. He/she hasn't edited it yet.
But it should (probably) be out soon, since it's been translated, timed and typeset.

They also said that the next episode should be realesed on time again.
Apr 18, 2013 10:12 AM
Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Good thing that I have read LN so I still understand the contex even thought I cannot understand Japanese.
Good idea!!!
~Zoom Zoom Iyaan!
---------------------
Apr 18, 2013 10:13 AM
Dec 2012
Aergia said:
dipz158 said:

Afaik there is some problem with the editor. He/she hasn't edited it yet.
But it should (probably) be out soon, since it's been translated, timed and typeset.

They also said that the next episode should be realesed on time again.
i see thanks. im gonna go crazy on google for the next 20 mins and see if i get any decent subs.
~Zoom Zoom Iyaan!
---------------------
Apr 18, 2013 1:18 PM

Sep 2011
My waiting has paid off. IT IS UP!
Apr 18, 2013 1:46 PM

May 2010
this show is fucking dumb as hell. absolute waste of time

dropped 2/10
Apr 18, 2013 2:09 PM

Jun 2012
Everytime when I finished one episode of Date a Live I start wondering, what I have seen...
ChepriApr 18, 2013 2:18 PM
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Apr 18, 2013 2:23 PM

Mar 2012
eeveelugia said:
NeoAnkara said:

Before the anime is aired I saw the name of Shirane Hideki as Series Composition I knew this would happen. This guy is well known for turning good or decent original work to mediocre adaptions. Some victims include:

Shakugan no Shana I & III, Dream Eater Merry, Aria the Scarlet Ammo. I just hope he won't ruin DAL.
Too late.
Apr 18, 2013 2:31 PM

Mar 2013
I still prefer the imouto over any of the characters :0
Apr 18, 2013 2:43 PM

Aug 2008
So it's one these series causing mental pain with its own stupidity. Too bad I wasn't sure after previous episodes, it could save me a humongous headache after this one... I need to forget it quickly or I'll suffer further damage.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 18, 2013 3:17 PM

Nov 2012
Not as good as "The world only god knows," but still enjoyable.
I love Reine-san, her character is hilarious. Origami is kind of funny too, but I didn't like her that much on this episode.
Apr 18, 2013 3:33 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
What did Tobiichi use to shoot Shidou? O_O It made a huge hole in his body...nothing much really happened in the episode, just them going on a date and then that ending. So um, have they explained yet how this all works in the anime? Like how making her fall in love with Shidou makes her...normal? I haven't read the LN so I don't really know anything :/ But yay next episode! That bunny girl looked really interesting in the PV and that's why I wanted to watch this XD
Apr 18, 2013 3:34 PM

Jun 2012
Geez the subs took forever to come out

Didn't expect Tohka to be so genki
Apr 18, 2013 3:40 PM

Mar 2012
tingy said:
What did Tobiichi use to shoot Shidou? O_O It made a huge hole in his body...nothing much really happened in the episode, just them going on a date and then that ending. So um, have they explained yet how this all works in the anime? Like how making her fall in love with Shidou makes her...normal? I haven't read the LN so I don't really know anything :/ But yay next episode! That bunny girl looked really interesting in the PV and that's why I wanted to watch this XD
It was realizer AST weapon. And about the kissing part.
Apr 18, 2013 3:46 PM

Apr 2010
I need to buy a Ducati so i can keep up with the rushed speed of this anime.
Personally as a LN reader i am at a dilemma here as i expressed during the previous to episodes i am disappointed currently thinking of just completing the LN and ignoring the anime.
Or seeing to Anime as something completely different and completing the LN in peace.
Apr 18, 2013 3:49 PM

Mar 2012
Aversa said:
I need to buy a Ducati so i can keep up with the rushed speed of this anime.
Personally as a LN reader i am at a dilemma here as i expressed during the previous to episodes i am disappointed currently thinking of just completing the LN and ignoring the anime.
Or seeing to Anime as something completely different and completing the LN in peace.
Just see this as an advertisement.
Apr 18, 2013 3:55 PM

Feb 2012
Wtf, how the hell did he survived?

Is he a robot or some shit?
Apr 18, 2013 3:57 PM

Mar 2012
Ramkec said:

The story will be over if he die right away.
Apr 18, 2013 4:03 PM

Feb 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Ramkec said:

Yeah, but there was like a lake of blood around him, and the dude just got up.

I knew he will survive somehow, but didn't expected it to be like that tbh.
Apr 18, 2013 4:05 PM
Jun 2010
Actually, I am really enjoying this show. I like the characters, I like the simplicity and innocence of the characters, and I like the direction. It looks like it is going to get very interesting real soon. I can hardly wait for episode 4!
Apr 18, 2013 4:07 PM

Mar 2012
Ramkec said:
NeoAnkara said:
Ramkec said:

Yeah, but there was like a lake of blood around him, and the dude just got up.

I knew he will survive somehow, but didn't expected it to be like that tbh.
His power have not explained in LN but his regenerative ability is explained.
Apr 18, 2013 4:35 PM

Feb 2012
Tohka is such an interesting and cute character. I absolutely adored her this episode :3
Apr 18, 2013 4:47 PM

Dec 2012
I was expecting Tohka to be tsundere... well maybe that's just because she reminds me of Houki and Kanzaki Kaori, anyway it was a fun episode, the fight scenes were great and I hope to see it again, I guess Shidou is some special guy that can absorb spirits power or something, now it's time to turn my brain back on.
Apr 18, 2013 4:50 PM

Jan 2013
More than disappointed with this episode. I was hoping that it might become interesting. Dropped at 3/12.
[url][/url]
Apr 18, 2013 5:01 PM
Oct 2010
tohka has unlimited moe

although the explanation to explain his rebirth sucked. unless the subs i read was what sucked
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Apr 18, 2013 5:06 PM

Jan 2013
just wondering where are you guys getting this episode 6 days in advance? I just got it now :S

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yup, I thought Origami would pick up on things, damn. The date was kinda cheesy but also funny to watch. I think Tohka definitely looks cute in their her school outfit. She should wear that more often.

Definitely not too exciting for the date. It's funny watching Shidou this episode though with his weird expression on his face. Oh and this episode kinda made me hungry after watching all that food.
Apr 18, 2013 5:10 PM
Jan 2013
polesp said:
just wondering where are you guys getting this episode 6 days in advance? I just got it now :S

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Yup, I thought Origami would pick up on things, damn. The date was kinda cheesy but also funny to watch. I think Tohka definitely looks cute in their her school outfit. She should wear that more often.

Definitely not too exciting for the date. It's funny watching Shidou this episode though with his weird expression on his face. Oh and this episode kinda made me hungry after watching all that food.

The first Data A Live episode aired on March 30, not April 6 hence why episode 3 aired on April 13, but the sub was really slow ( I mean REALLY SLOW) so the sub just released today April 18.
Apr 18, 2013 5:13 PM

Mar 2012
yellowperil said:
polesp said:

Stark700 said:

The first Data A Live episode aired on March 30, not April 6 hence why episode 3 aired on April 13, but the sub was really slow ( I mean REALLY SLOW) so the sub just released today April 18.
It was raw not subbed.
Apr 18, 2013 5:13 PM

Jan 2013
yellowperil said:
polesp said:

Stark700 said:

Thank you :) I was wondering why I was so behind lol
Apr 18, 2013 5:22 PM

Jan 2012
Shido used some unlimited coins o.O
tohka's ignorance,,, hnnngggg ,, She definitely ate alot of "date" xD
Apr 18, 2013 5:23 PM

Jun 2012
Good episode I feel bad for Oragami though. Pretty cool that it looks like he can't die or something.

4/5
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Apr 18, 2013 5:56 PM

Oct 2011
How much food did Tohka stuff in her stomach, this girl is incredible.

And Shido, is he the same kind as Tohka, or did his sister put sth. in him. Oh well, I'll find out eventually.
Okay nevermind, I kinda read the spoiler!
AkagatariApr 18, 2013 6:00 PM
Signature
Apr 18, 2013 5:57 PM

Feb 2013
Tohka went berserk went origami shot shidou
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Apr 18, 2013 6:27 PM

May 2012
Tohka <3
loved the episode, tohka was so adorable :D
and i have no clue why shidou came back to life :/
i guess its causes he's a main character... probably :p

I think this is going to be my favorite anime this season
Apr 18, 2013 6:39 PM

Mar 2013
I liked this episode, all thought I didn't like how he came back to life, I think he should have been brought back to life by Tohka.
Apr 18, 2013 6:41 PM

Mar 2012
I'm amaze to the fact that only a little questioned why Shidou fall from the sky.
Apr 18, 2013 6:44 PM

Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:
I'm amaze to the fact that only a little questioned why Shidou fall from the sky.
Lol, I was actually wondering that but I just went along with it, I guess one of the Mecha girls threw him or something.
Apr 18, 2013 6:46 PM

Mar 2012
Monde11 said:
NeoAnkara said:
Lol, I was actually wondering that but I just went along with it, I guess one of the Mecha girls threw him or something.
It was the adaptation fault btw. Just read here. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=585401&show=20
Apr 18, 2013 6:49 PM

Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Monde11 said:
NeoAnkara said:
It was the adaptation fault btw. Just read here. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=585401&show=20
Oh I see, completely forgot about the ship.
Apr 18, 2013 7:23 PM

Sep 2010
I was iffy about the first episode but it got better :D Great episode. MOE EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!
Apr 18, 2013 7:25 PM

Jul 2012
probably could have watched this without waiting for the subs, but decided to wait anyway. I'm still happy to see this animated, but as others have said, it's moving way too fast, and cutting way too much content.

do the other LN readers feel, like me, that they're really trying to rush just to get up to

cliffhanger ending? I think

Besides

it's a shame that they are moving so quickly, especially since Highschool DxD showed that you can do a proper adaptation by taking your time and limiting a season to two volumes worth of material. Maybe they're just trying to introduce as many girls as possible. I'd like to think that the source material for this is good enough to allow for better pacing and a second season.
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Apr 18, 2013 7:32 PM

Mar 2012
mg021 said:
do the other LN readers feel, like me, that they're really trying to rush just to get up to
I have pointed this many time in episode disscusion. If you see the poll thread that I make there are a pic there and aparently she was really popular so I think that they want to show her faster.
Apr 18, 2013 7:42 PM

Jan 2013
I wonder what Shido's story is. Rather liked this episode however.
Apr 18, 2013 7:55 PM

Sep 2012
mg021 said:
it's a shame that they are moving so quickly, especially since Highschool DxD showed that you can do a proper adaptation by taking your time and limiting a season to two volumes worth of material. Maybe they're just trying to introduce as many girls as possible.
Looking at the OP I think it is clear that they will introduce all the girls as soon as possible in one cour length, kind of like Campione where the pace is also super-fast because of the need to introduce all the main girls. Have to agree that Highschool DxD has a really great adaptation. The emotional pull is so much stronger when you allow the steady pacing and directing to let the story and the characters speak for themselves.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 18, 2013 7:59 PM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
mg021 said:
it's a shame that they are moving so quickly, especially since Highschool DxD showed that you can do a proper adaptation by taking your time and limiting a season to two volumes worth of material. Maybe they're just trying to introduce as many girls as possible.
Looking at the OP I think it is clear that they will introduce all the girls as soon as possible in one cour length, kind of like Campione where the pace is also super-fast because of the need to introduce all the main girls. Have to agree that Highschool DxD has a really great adaptation. The emotional pull is so much stronger when you allow the steady pacing and directing to let the story and the characters speak for themselves.
The reason I'm not enjoying Campione was because that pacing. It was too fast that the character doesn't leave much impact.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

322 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

190 by Hououin_Kyouma32 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

3 by IceCreamScene »»
Apr 21, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

284 by lordben69 »»
Apr 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

150 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.